PDA

View Full Version : Dear Napster

Red October
3/8/2010, 09:43 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for withdrawing $60 out of our account. To my amazement, it turns out when we were given a gift card for $15 and tried to use it online, we were forced to enter a credit card number and open what would be an account. I am sure you buried somewhere in the fine print that we would be debited, but at the time, my wife didnt think anything of it 4 months ago when she downloaded the latest hits, but you trapped and conned us into giving you $60.

F*** you Napster. We will stick to Itunes.

Crucifax Autumn
3/8/2010, 10:00 PM
F you napster, F you Itunes.

I'll either buy a CD or steal them from the millions of blogs and forums that list uploads to rapidshare, hotfile, etc. and already have had someone else do the work of avoiding DRM and all that garbage. Not to mention I can usually get any music I want in FLAC format and not have to deal with crappy sounding compression.

Sorry they screwed you though.

btk108
3/8/2010, 10:33 PM
I'm with Crux on this one.....they both suck...

yermom
3/10/2010, 12:00 AM
i was reading an article in 2600 about valid CC numbers :D

apparently most websites just verify with an algorithm so you can just use an empty prepaid card, or if you know the pattern, you can just give them a bogus number. the latter could be a problem if you hit someone's real account though

either way, i buy my CDs from non-chain music stores, preferably used.

or directly from the artists at shows is probably the best way...

SoonerStud615
3/10/2010, 12:19 AM
Mp3 piracy and vinyls are all I work with.

goingoneight
3/10/2010, 09:09 AM
I've never had any problems with iTunes. Napster is teh ghey, though.

birddog
3/10/2010, 09:23 AM
and screw you too compuserve!

btk108
3/10/2010, 07:17 PM
and screw you too compuserve!

Compuserve?....are you still on dial up, too? :P