PDA

View Full Version : Boldin spells trouble for Clayton

East Coast Bias
3/8/2010, 06:43 PM
I love Mark Clayton, but the Ravens are definetely looking to upgrade the talent on his side of the field. I am thinking they are working Mark out of the lineup..Thoughts?

Eielson
3/8/2010, 06:44 PM
You need multiple WR's, and Mason won't be around for long.

MojoRisen
3/8/2010, 07:10 PM
Mason is a free agent - he will likely be gone this year. He is also 37 years old I believe

oumartin
3/8/2010, 07:31 PM
Clayton is a good football player, It's not his fault flaco locks onto Mason.

swardboy
3/8/2010, 10:36 PM
^ No. Kidding.

goingoneight
3/9/2010, 03:23 AM
I've never seen MC really stank it up in the Neffel, but I haven't consistently seen him off the bench, either. He's looked solid when I've seen him play, but maybe the coaches know something I don't know.

Sooner04
3/9/2010, 03:41 AM
Clayton is a good football player, It's not his fault flaco locks onto Mason.
Flacco started locking onto Mason after Clayton had that really bad drop up in Foxboro.

badger
3/9/2010, 03:44 AM
Even if Clayton is out of Baltimore, he will find a new home quickly elsewhere.

sooneron
3/9/2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah, Mark is too solid to go unnoticed. Most teams have 3 wrs and like many have posted, Mason is prolly gone after this season. I think the ravens are building for one of those big one year runs.

NormanPride
3/9/2010, 03:50 AM
We'll take him!

badger
3/9/2010, 04:09 AM
Also, screw the fighting hen quarterback! He's just jealous because nobody cares about Delaware football! :D

CobraKai
3/9/2010, 04:24 AM
Flacco started locking onto Mason after Clayton had that really bad drop up in Foxboro.

I wonder if he'll now start locking back onto Clayton after Mason's really bad drop against Pittsburgh later in the season?

rawlingsHOH
3/9/2010, 05:19 AM
I love Mark Clayton, but the Ravens are definetely looking to upgrade the talent on his side of the field. I am thinking they are working Mark out of the lineup..Thoughts?

Clayton would do phenomonal with a team like the Patriots, in a welker-style role.

rawlingsHOH
3/9/2010, 05:22 AM
You need multiple WR's, and Mason won't be around for long.

the question is... how long (or how many times) will mason-"the diva" talk about retiring/unretiring this off-season?

NormanPride
3/9/2010, 05:22 AM
He'll do great wherever he goes, because the QB will actually throw him the ball.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2010, 06:34 AM
heck, clayton would do great in the mason role. joe flacco throws high on most of his throws, so anyone doing stop routes/hooks has a leg up because they can climb the ladder and pull it down. clayton is having to do that crap on posts and deep ins. he's made some pretty sensational catches up there but most of them are on go routes where he has more leeway to make the catch.

i'm honestly surprised the patriots haven't went after clayton already. that would allow them to be a little more flexible with welker.

ouleaf
3/9/2010, 06:50 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but Clayton is actually a restricted Free Agent this year. The Ravens tendered him, so it would cost teams a 2nd round pick to get him outta Baltimore. Unfortunately I don't think any teams are willing to match that for Mark Clayton.

It's driven us all nuts that he hasn't produced as well in the NFL as we want him too, mostly because the QB's he' played with don't look past their first reads, or was in an offense that was geared more towards running the ball.

While I wish he could get out of Baltimore, it looks like he is there to stay unless he is part of a trade later on which seems very unlikely.

Edit:

Also forgot about the Raven's adding Stalworth to their roster as well. That can't help Clayton out either.

NormanPride
3/9/2010, 07:53 AM
I just want him to stay healthy. Eventually good things will happen!

starclassic tama
3/9/2010, 05:44 PM
hes a decent receiver, would be a good third option behind boldin and mason

Widescreen
3/9/2010, 06:08 PM
I was watching the new videos at soonersports.com from the OU pro day. On Gresham's video, about 3/4 of the way through, someone off-camera clearly says "He can't get Flacco to look his way". Wonder who he was talking about? :D

Apparently Clayton was at the pro day.

Collier11
3/9/2010, 07:05 PM
Clayton has been very productive when thrown the ball, he is a solid #2 in the NFL

yankee
3/9/2010, 08:53 PM
clayton has not been very consistent in this nfl career, hence the reason the ravens have brought in stallworth and boldin...both are upgrades to what the ravens had previously.

badger
3/10/2010, 03:40 PM
Clayton got interviewed about it at NewsOK.

Link (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/03/10/2435/?custom_click=lead_story_title)

Gotta love Mark - always taking the high road and staying positive.

ouleaf
3/11/2010, 03:39 PM
I believe it has been reported that Mason was inked to another 2 year deal with the Ravens. Looks like he'll still be around for a bit too.

oumartin
3/11/2010, 04:49 PM
clayton has not been very consistent in this nfl career, hence the reason the ravens have brought in stallworth and boldin...both are upgrades to what the ravens had previously.

this may be the dumbest thing said on here in awhile.

starclassic tama
3/11/2010, 05:21 PM
well he has been consistent, it's just been consistently average. but at the same time his quarterback play/offense has been average at best too during his career, so who knows

BudSooner
3/11/2010, 07:02 PM
the question is... how long (or how many times) will Favre-"the diva" talk about retiring/unretiring this off-season?

Fixed.:D