PDA

View Full Version : Democrat - sexual harrassment with male staffer

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 01:54 PM
Okay, we discussed the Republican California state senator who is all family values type except for visiting a gay bar and drunk driving. It is only fair to mention the latest Democrat scandal and I haven't seen it posted here yet.

This one is probably more important in the short term because he was voting against Obama-care and there are some allusions to some political skullduggery involved.

The news broke last week, but this is the first time that I have read how he supposedly sexually harrassed his male staffer.

So, would any of you men feel like you were being sexually harrassed if your boss rubbed your head and said that he maybe should **** you instead? Would you file a lawsuit? Or, do you think turnaround is fair game with that Clarence Thomas relevations or that Florida rep who got a bit too personal with the male interns? Or, are you disgusted by the lot of them in Washington for their power trip? Or, are you resigned to the fact that sports stars and politicians in Washington are getting the cutest piece of *** that none of us will ever see?

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/massa_to_aide_what_i_really_ought_to_be_doing_is_f racking.php

Massa To Aide: 'What I Really Ought To Be Doing Is Fracking You' (AUDIO)
Justin Elliott | March 8, 2010, 8:43AM

Rep. Eric Massa (D-NY), who is resigning later today, said on his radio show Sunday that he made an "inappropriate" sexual remark to a male aide at a New Year's Eve wedding party.

It's the first time Massa has given a detailed account of the events that he says led to the allegation of sexual harassment against him. Politico has reported that the married Massa "made unwanted advances toward a junior male staffer."

In Massa's telling, he was at a wedding party and sat down with a group of bachelor staffers, after his wife went home sick and after Massa danced with the bride and a bridesmaid. Here's what Massa says happened next, Roll Call reports:

"One of them looked at me and as they would do after, I don't know, 15 gin and tonics, and goodness only knows how many bottles of champagne, a staff member made an intonation to me that maybe I should be chasing after the bridesmaid and his points were clear and his words were far more colorful than that. And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and said, 'Well, what I really ought to be doing is fracking you.' And then [I] tossled the guy's hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where it wasn't right for me to be there. Now was that inappropriate of me? Absolutely. Am I guilty? Yes."

The congressman, a Navy veteran, has previously said with regard to the allegations: "I'm a salty old sailor. That's that."

He also said on the radio show that the staffer in question did not tell Massa that the episode made the staffer uncomfortable. Massa says it was another aide who took offense -- "a third-party political correctness statement."

And he accused the Democratic leadership of orchestrating the harassment allegation to force Massa -- a no vote on health care -- immediately out of Congress.

The ethics committee said last week it is investigating unspecified "allegations" against Massa. But once Massa resigns, he will be out of the committee's jurisdiction and the probe will end.

The staffer who is the alleged victim of harassment has not made any public statements.

Massa announced March 3 -- before the existence of the allegations was reported -- that he would not seek reelection for health reasons.

Late Update: We have more here on Massa's charges against the Democratic leadership.

Breadburner
3/8/2010, 01:55 PM
He did alot of faggy stuff in the navy as well....

C&CDean
3/8/2010, 02:02 PM
I wonder if "fracking" is a naval term? Maybe it's greek for "drop the soap."

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 02:02 PM

I was wondering about that and his comment that he was a "salty sailor" and "that's that".

Reality TV has some catching up to do to get to Washington's standards.

NormanPride
3/8/2010, 02:04 PM
At first I thought "No way that would be okay with me", but then I read the situation. If it was at a party and considering the staffer supposedly started the exchange, I don't know that this is really sexual harassment. Inappropriate, yes, but hardly terrible or amoral.

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 02:06 PM
I wonder if "fracking" is a naval term? Maybe it's greek for "drop the soap."

No idea about naval or greek terms. But, wouldn't his male staffers know about dropping the soap when they shower together?

C&CDean
3/8/2010, 02:08 PM
This is why the navy switched to powdered soap. Way too much fracking going on in the showers.

yermom
3/8/2010, 02:11 PM
salty sailor, lol

and i'm not sure of the context, i mean Dean says crap like that all the time :D

someone is either very sensitive, or it's orchestrated like they say

and frak is from the other BSG as far as i know

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 02:12 PM
This is why the navy switched to powdered soap. Way too much fracking going on in the showers.

Dude, don't make Veritas lock my thread. It is probably not even going to make it to page 2 as it is going.

JohnnyMack
3/8/2010, 02:13 PM
This guy has come out swinging against the Dems (especially Rahm Emanuel) saying that they were going after him because he was going to vote no on the healthcare bill. I don't really know why if this in fact went down in the manner in which Massa says it did that he would resign over it, but regardless it does cast a nasty pallor over the healthcare bill in general, which is fine with me.

C&CDean
3/8/2010, 02:14 PM
I've fracked JohnnyMack a hunnert times. He tried to mess up my hair but I ain't gots any.

NormanPride
3/8/2010, 02:18 PM
Well, not up THERE you don't...

yermom
3/8/2010, 02:30 PM
gwoss

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2010, 02:33 PM
Ironically, Barney Frank ran a male prostitute business out of his home and he got a chairmanship.

I'm sure this is more of that good ol Chicago Style thuggishness we've come to expect from the Obamatons.

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 02:58 PM
Ironically, Barney Frank ran a male prostitute business out of his home and he got a chairmanship.

I'm sure this is more of that good ol Chicago Style thuggishness we've come to expect from the Obamatons.

Actually not. I was beginning to think that the Log Cabin Republicans had more logs in play than those Lincoln log cabin toys.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2010, 04:52 PM

How do you know and what do you know...Read it in Navy Times?

I'd be salty as well if Rahm came to me nekkid and pointed his finger at me in the shower and told me I needed to vote a certain way. This is all about getting rid of a guy who ain't going along...

Bourbon St Sooner
3/8/2010, 05:07 PM
Uh, mods, can we have a gay politicians board?

kplzthks

picasso
3/8/2010, 05:25 PM
Wonder if it has anything to do with his not voting for Oldbama care?

fadada1
3/8/2010, 05:31 PM
we're right in the middle of it here in rochester (although moving back to philly). pretty big thing up here right now.

'bout the only thing i gotta say... at least he admitted his wrongdoing and appears to be holding himself accountable. kind of a breath of fresh air these days.

OklahomaTuba
3/8/2010, 05:38 PM
The thought of Rahm fingering anything is a revolting picture.

StoopTroup
3/8/2010, 06:18 PM
Parties are fun.

Okla-homey
3/8/2010, 06:20 PM
:D

“Don't talk to me about Naval tradition! It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash”

Winston Churchill,
British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II.

Scott D
3/8/2010, 06:22 PM
nice rant he went on about ole Rahm today. Go fracturing of overblown useless political parties!!!!

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2010, 08:33 PM
His problem is that he isn't a real man.

Hee hee hee.

Chuck Bao
3/8/2010, 08:45 PM
His problem is that he isn't a real man.

Hee hee hee.

Umm...like you are for going there? :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
3/8/2010, 10:15 PM
I woulda let him frack me for money.

olevetonahill
3/8/2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds like most of em were durnk . Whats the big deal ?:eek: