PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea Says It Is Ready to 'Blow Up' U.S

KHS Sooner
3/8/2010, 01:07 PM
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's army said Monday it is ready to "blow up" South Korea and the U.S., hours after the allies kicked off annual military drills that Pyongyang has slammed as a rehearsal for attack.

South Korea and the U.S. — which normally dismiss such threats as rhetoric — began 11 days of drills across South Korea on Monday morning to rehearse how the U.S. would deploy in time of emergency on the Korean peninsula.

The U.S. and South Korea argue the drills — which include live firing by U.S. Marines, aerial attack drills and urban warfare training — are purely defensive. North Korea claims they amount to attack preparations and has demanded they be canceled.

The North's People's Army issued a statement Monday, warning the drills created a tense situation and that its troops are "fully ready" to "blow up" the allies once the order is issued.

The North also put all its soldiers and reservists on high alert to "mercilessly crush the aggressors" should they encroach upon the North's territory even slightly, said the statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

The communist country has issued similar rhetoric in the days leading up the drills. On Sunday, it said it would bolster its nuclear capability and break off dialogue with the U.S. in response to the drills.

South Korea's military has been closely monitoring Pyongyang's maneuvers but hasn't seen any signs of suspicious activities by North Korean troops, Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said earlier Monday.

"We see it as (North Korea's) stereotype denouncement," Defense Ministry spokesman Won Tae-jae told reporters.

About 20 anti-U.S. activists held a peaceful protest near a joint drill command center south of Seoul on Monday, chanting slogans such as "Stop war rehearsal."

About 18,000 American soldiers and an undisclosed number of South Korean troops are taking part in the drills, dubbed Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, according to U.S. and South Korean militaries.

The training comes as the U.S. and other regional powers are pushing for the North to rejoin international disarmament talks on ending its atomic weapons program in return for aid. The North quit the six-nation weapons talks and conducted its second nuclear test last year, drawing tighter U.N. sanctions.

The North has demanded a lifting of the sanctions and peace talks with the U.S. on formally ending the Korean War before it returns to the negotiations. The U.S. and South Korea have responded that the North must first return to the disarmament talks and make progress on denuclearization.

The U.S. stations about 28,500 troops in South Korea.

Crucifax Autumn
3/8/2010, 09:53 PM
Good luck with that dooshbags.

sooner59
3/8/2010, 10:40 PM
Napolean complex.

swardboy
3/8/2010, 10:42 PM
Wish we could get that war over with....

yankee
3/8/2010, 10:44 PM
more hot air from that little dip ****. he would be dead before he knew what him if they tried attacking s. korea. i would love nothing more than to see him die a horrible death...i know that would not solve the problem of north korea still existing, but it sure would be funny.

sooner59
3/8/2010, 10:51 PM
Found this little gem:

http://www.pixlmonster.com/hanguk/kimjong/

Enjoy!

soonerinkaty
3/8/2010, 11:11 PM
does he know we can wipe his ****hole off the map 50 times over?

King Barry's Back
3/8/2010, 11:19 PM
KJI is not going to blow up the US. He might blow up S Korea, but that's pretty unlikely.\

When he says stuff like that, he's not talking to us. He's talking to his own people.

They have to think that the backwater N Korea COULD blow somebody up, or they might decide to change management.

American/Western policy makers made a big mistake in the Cold War by interpreting such threats as direct challenges to our security, when they were bluster by a pathetic regime desperately clinging to power. (That's different from desperately clinging to guns and religion, by the way. Completely different.)

Just ignore him and eventually he'll die, like the rest of us.

Too bad for the poor N Koreans, but I don't think they really know any better.

soonerinkaty
3/8/2010, 11:47 PM
his son will keep running that ****hole the same way "I'm so ronery" is

KHS Sooner
3/8/2010, 11:50 PM
KJI is not going to blow up the US. He might blow up S Korea, but that's pretty unlikely.\

When he says stuff like that, he's not talking to us. He's talking to his own people.

They have to think that the backwater N Korea COULD blow somebody up, or they might decide to change management.

American/Western policy makers made a big mistake in the Cold War by interpreting such threats as direct challenges to our security, when they were bluster by a pathetic regime desperately clinging to power. (That's different from desperately clinging to guns and religion, by the way. Completely different.)

Just ignore him and eventually he'll die, like the rest of us.

Too bad for the poor N Koreans, but I don't think they really know any better.

If they bomb South Korea with that many American troops there I would hope that we would go to war.....

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2010, 11:54 PM
Cain't. Nobel Peace Prize.

KHS Sooner
3/8/2010, 11:54 PM
more hot air from that little dip ****. he would be dead before he knew what him if they tried attacking s. korea. i would love nothing more than to see him die a horrible death...i know that would not solve the problem of north korea still existing, but it sure would be funny.

Our fighters in Japan would respond fast if they blew up all the ones in SK.

Plus, I have a feeling we would get help from the Japanese Air Force and Ground troops.

soonerinkaty
3/8/2010, 11:58 PM
I thought Japan was demilitarized?

Collier11
3/9/2010, 12:26 AM
its almost become comical what this guy says/believes

Curly Bill
3/9/2010, 12:35 AM
I thought Japan was demilitarized?

Nope, they have a fairly healthy little military.

Goes along nicely with the assets we have there.

OU Adonis
3/9/2010, 03:41 AM
He does have enough Artillery to flatten Soul I belive.

Salt City Sooner
3/9/2010, 07:45 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/1851748327_c88da9ad58_o.jpg

I think we can accommodate you......

Scott D
3/9/2010, 04:14 PM
does he know we can wipe his ****hole off the map 50 times over?

His bunker system makes the alleged system that Saddam had look like a hamster cage in comparison.

PDXsooner
3/9/2010, 06:41 PM
Cain't. Nobel Peace Prize.

that and the two other wars that are pre-occupying our army

hellogoodbye
3/10/2010, 03:19 PM
that and the two other wars that are pre-occupying our army

One B-52 +3 tonnes of Twinkies = gameover

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 03:43 PM
His bunker system makes the alleged system that Saddam had look like a hamster cage in comparison.

completely and totally agree. they have been buidling that tunnel system since the korean war ended. a good majority of THAT possible war would be spent in relative darkness. i would hope we would have the technology to easily whip them in the dark but like i said, they have been planning this for 50+ years...

soonerboomer93
3/10/2010, 04:03 PM
Plus, I have a feeling we would get help from the Japanese Air Force and Ground troops.

Not sure about that, the Japanese is supposed to be defensive only. I also don't think the Koreans would take kindly to having any Japanese troops in country considering they were an occupied territory for a long time.

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 04:18 PM
completely and totally agree. they have been buidling that tunnel system since the korean war ended. a good majority of THAT possible war would be spent in relative darkness. i would hope we would have the technology to easily whip them in the dark but like i said, they have been planning this for 50+ years...

Not that it will matter that much when he digs his way out into a radioctive fallout zone with no food, water, buildings, or surviving military or populace in general.

Scott D
3/10/2010, 04:48 PM
Not that it will matter that much when he digs his way out into a radioctive fallout zone with no food, water, buildings, or surviving military or populace in general.

He won't need to leave his bunker. That **** is basically one huge underground city.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 05:17 PM
He won't need to leave his bunker. That **** is basically one huge underground city.

Think about it: Stock it with female companionship and he has all he needs, with no one buggin' him! (Other than the female companionship.)

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 05:20 PM
Think about it: Stock it with female companionship and he has all he needs, with no one buggin' him! (Other than the female companionship.)

he reminds me of the lil chinese dude in the hangover...i suspect he wouldn't enjoy female companionship.

Scott D
3/10/2010, 05:36 PM
Well, allegedly he has a hand picked harem. But, who knows how accurate that information may be.