PDA

View Full Version : Utility Companies Suck

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2010, 08:46 PM
So we downsized last weekend and moved into a smaller place and i was kinda surprised when ONG, PSO, and the water department all charged us a fee for the simple act of transferring our name to another property; PSO surprisingly was the smallest at $22, ONG charged $35, and our local water dept charged $50; all they had to do was switch our name to another location here in town and it cost us over $100 total for the utilities; what a rip off

Crucifax Autumn
3/6/2010, 08:48 PM
You should be happy they let you off that cheap!

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2010, 08:52 PM
I don't consider $100 bucks cheap when there was absolutely no labor involved

Crucifax Autumn
3/6/2010, 08:56 PM
Me either, but utility companies screw people harder than that on a daily basis.

yermom
3/7/2010, 03:09 PM
are those fees or deposits?

tulsaoilerfan
3/7/2010, 10:20 PM
are those fees or deposits?

They were just fees for transferring the service from my house to the house we just moved into; basically just a change of address cause all the utilities were already on at the house we bought(someone was already living there)

Boomer.....
3/7/2010, 10:22 PM
There is probably some sort of connection fee. Maybe that is what they were charging you.

Leroy Lizard
3/7/2010, 10:34 PM
Dear Tulsaoilerfan,

We have read your complaint about the service you have been receiving here at ONG. We reviewed your complaint, and based on our investigation we offer the following response:

Give us your god damn money!!

Sincerely,

ONG
Your friendly utility company.

SCOUT
3/7/2010, 10:59 PM
Dear Tulsaoilerfan,

We have read your complaint about the service you have been receiving here at ONG. We reviewed your complaint, and based on our investigation we offer the following response:

Your power will be turned off at midnight on Monday. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

ONG
Your friendly utility company.

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2010, 03:03 AM
Mine's funnier.

IBleedCrimson
3/8/2010, 04:57 AM
you mean companies who dont face any real competition and whose services it is nearly impossible to go without decide to screw over their consumer simply because they can? shocking

yermom
3/8/2010, 10:26 AM
heh. why am i not in THAT business?