Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:15 PM
we call him ENA?

OK2U
3/5/2010, 01:24 PM
God I hope not

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 01:32 PM
Wasn't that a name given to him by his own teammates?

yermom
3/5/2010, 01:35 PM
they called him Pops at OU, unless this was before that

i thought WIll started calling him ENA :D

goingoneight
3/5/2010, 01:55 PM
I preferred Pulp Thompson. :D

who did that series on fark central again?

rawlingsHOH
3/5/2010, 02:05 PM
they called him Pops at OU, unless this was before that

i thought WIll started calling him ENA :D

Forgot the poster, think it was a black dude from Houston, around 2002.

gaylordfan1
3/5/2010, 02:23 PM
Ok, im curious... I guess this was before I joined. Meaning?

BillyBall
3/5/2010, 02:31 PM
Ok, im curious... I guess this was before I joined. Meaning?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/faq.php?faq=soonerfans_faq#faq_acronyms

OKLA21FAN
3/5/2010, 04:17 PM
we call him ENA?

All I know is that ENA knows where to find that ring tone. :pop:

goingoneight
3/5/2010, 04:35 PM
Why do the call him AD? I mean, he's not Castiglione...

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 04:38 PM
ok so the story behind this is: (bare with me, itll take a while to get there)

wife works at hospital in the city as a NICU nurse.
shes unhappy with the hours. (because apparently working 2- 12 hour days a week is waaaay out of bounds ;) )
she has been moonlighting at a home health org for about a month now.
she does her job well and efficiently.
new boss wants her to help take their company to new heights.
she starts taking on more babies (1 hour visits)
company is now making serious cash.
they want to branch out, hire more NICU type nurses.
OU medical center hears about what wife has been doing (whith a few babies she has worked with) and they WANT to fire their current home health agency for various reasons to include scamming money from them.
wifes new boss said "the "marketing director" (for the company) is coming in march 15th and you two will be doing a presentation to OU medical center to try and pick up their business"

this is how the rest of the conversation went:
wife comes home and says that this contract will be huge cash for her (up to 20 dollars more per visit above and beyond the 75 per now)
i say "cool, so you will be what 10am -3pm or so?"
she says "yes. that is the plan"
i say "very nice. have you met this marketing director before?"
she says "no. some dude named paul thompson and the assistant is coming with him too."
jokingly, i say "who is it Jason white?" she says with a confused look on her face, "no. why? the guys name is rufus alexander... do you know who the hell paul thomson is?"
i went through the whole deal explaining who these two people were. she was like.. "ok. whatever." i told her to ask thompson if he knew he had a his own title on soonerfans...im guessing she won't even approach the subject of football with him.

swardboy
3/6/2010, 09:01 AM
I think you just had a Sooner wetdream...

Jacie
3/6/2010, 11:26 AM
Forgive me if I don't bare with you. NTTAWWT . . .

mOUse
3/8/2010, 08:23 PM
we call him ENA?

Natural-ly!

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 04:01 PM
well, i have two signed pictures for the boys...sadly, he didnt sign it ENA...but the boys dig it. :)

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 04:11 PM
Which reminds me, one of my kids plays in a BB league at the church Boarder goes to. Anyhow, a week or so ago we decide to stop by and watch him play. Guess who they're playing against? A team with Rufus, Larry Birdine, and Michael Neal (former OU BB player) and a couple other dudes.

A couple of observations: Rufus sucks at BB, and has the skinniest calves I've ever seen on a big dude, and Birdine is ****ing HUGE. I don't remember him being that big when he played. Finally, Michael Neal is the only BB amongst them, and he's damned good. They beat the boy's team by 7. The highlight is when our kid (who is the point guard) drives the lane on a fast break, and Birdine is camping out in the key and just hammers him to the floor. The shot drops, the ref calls the foul, and the kid (who is all of 5'11", and maybe 165) jumps up in Birdine's face and yells "and one!!" Even Birdine cracked up.

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 04:16 PM
(who is all of 5'11", and maybe 165) jumps up in Birdine's face and yells "and one!!" Even Birdine cracked up.

roflmao....thats got to be pure adrenaline...what does birdine go? 6'4" 270?

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 05:14 PM
At least. Seriously, he was not only huge, but all buffed up. His shoulders were damn near as wide as the lane.