PDA

View Full Version : DA bears

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:04 PM
with us signing peppers, we have become THE defense in the NFC. urlacher, briggs,harris and peppers...now all we need is a shutdown corner...and some olineman...;)

Sooner04
3/5/2010, 12:06 PM
Linkage (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=25)

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:08 PM
Linkage (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=25)

piis off ;) harris is a bear and harris is a sooner...its related...

My Opinion Matters
3/5/2010, 12:09 PM
with us signing peppers, we have become THE defense in the NFC. urlacher, briggs,harris and peppers...now all we need is a shutdown corner...and some olineman...;)

And a qb without Ryan Leaf syndrome, and NFL-caliber receivers, and a running back that isn't regressing. Other than that, you're set!

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:10 PM
And a qb without Ryan Leaf syndrome, and NFL-caliber receivers, and a running back that isn't regressing. Other than that, you're set!

you're stoned....

2 of those 3 will be cured by olineman

Sooner04
3/5/2010, 12:12 PM
The Bears won't even have the best defense in the division.

My Opinion Matters
3/5/2010, 12:13 PM
No doubt Peppers will be practically unblockable the 3 games a year he shows up to play.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:15 PM
The Bears won't even have the best defense in the division.

whatever you say big boy...

missing ONE of the best linebackers in the game for the whole season (replacing him with a perennial 2nd stringer) and losing 3 starters in the dbackfield will make you a bad defense... we put up good numbers vs. the run and we have a good pass rush...peppers does nothing but add to that.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:16 PM
No doubt Peppers will be practically unblockable the 3 games a year he shows up to play.

as long as those three are against the pack and the viqueens when we are in the dome, im good...

badger
3/5/2010, 12:17 PM
Agree w/04 - Vikes and Pack defense pwn da bears... and even if you're stacked now, it only took one game in GB to get Urlacher out for the season, as you may recall :)

(I can smile at that injury, because he took a cheap shot at Rodgers earlier in that game!)

Also, you guys cut Dusty so having 50 percent less Sooner power on defense gives up -5 agility, -5 frost resistance and over 9,000 reasons to cheer for another team besides da bears ;)

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:21 PM
Agree w/04 - Vikes and Pack defense pwn da bears... and even if you're stacked now, it only took one game in GB to get Urlacher out for the season, as you may recall :)

(I can smile at that injury, because he took a cheap shot at Rodgers earlier in that game!)

Also, you guys cut Dusty so having 50 percent less Sooner power on defense gives up -5 agility, -5 frost resistance and over 9,000 reasons to cheer for another team besides da bears ;)

holy shiit badg, did you just give me negative stats on missing a player? how very World of warcraft (D&D) of you ;)

rodgers deserves it, hes from a non football school, his beard doesn't grow as nicely as farve's and hes wearing green..

don't hate on urlacher. you know as well as i do, chicago is land of the linebackers...love em or hate em, they come to play.

ndpruitt03
3/5/2010, 12:22 PM
As long as they have that offense the Bears will be on the outside looking in. They aren't as talented as the Vikes or Packers. Those 2 teams are more talented on defense than the Bears and they both have great QBs, and good offensive players. Bears have very little talent on offense.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:24 PM
As long as they have that offense the Bears will be on the outside looking in. They aren't as talented as the Vikes or Packers. Those 2 teams are more talented on defense than the Bears and they both have great QBs, and good offensive players. Bears have very little talent on offense.

yeh like anything you say changes MY opinion...nice quiet game of hide and go screw yourself comes to mind. if you haven't worn a jock (other than on your head) your opinon matters not.

badger
3/5/2010, 12:24 PM
urlacher is from a non-football school too - do they call their football stadium "The Pit?" NO! They call their basketball stadium the pit.

And Rodgers' beard is much more full and 100 percent less gray than that Favre guy.

And Chicago is the land for many things - deep dish pizza, MJ in his prime, a failed Olympic bid - but it is not the land of one thing: Super Bowls. Emphasis on the plural. You and your one Super Bowl win can take your linebacker history and snow shovel it :D

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:25 PM
urlacher is from a non-football school too - do they call their football stadium "The Pit?" NO! They call their basketball stadium the pit.

And Rodgers' beard is much more full and 100 percent less gray than that Favre guy.

And Chicago is the land for many things - deep dish pizza, MJ in his prime, a failed Olympic bid - but it is not the land of one thing: Super Bowls. Emphasis on the plural. You and your one Super Bowl win can take your linebacker history and snow shovel it :D

we have plenty of bowls....they were just called WORLD championships then ;)

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 12:29 PM
Call me when their secondary doesn't suck. You can take Peppers and his roids and mental issues.

badger
3/5/2010, 12:30 PM
we have plenty of bowls....they were just called WORLD championships then ;)

Oh, don't you talk smack on World Championships with me, Jell-0. The Packers have the most championships of any team in NFL history.

Here.. have a Bears highlight reel. Be sure to have the sound on!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQxEvv4_8Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQxEvv4_8Mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(I absolutely love this song during NFL season)

Sooner04
3/5/2010, 12:30 PM
yeh like anything you say changes MY opinion...nice quiet game of hide and go screw yourself comes to mind. if you haven't worn a jock (other than on your head) your opinon matters not.
You can always tell when the argument is drawing to a close.

I heard this was one of Douglas's last shots across the bow when he was debating Lincoln.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:33 PM
You can always tell when the argument is drawing to a close.

I heard this was one of Douglas's last shots across the bow when he was debating Lincoln.

what the effff?? i was talking specifically to Nick...with the exception of a whoren, noones opionion matters less.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:37 PM
Call me when their secondary doesn't suck. You can take Peppers and his roids and mental issues.

really? and how did your secondary fair last season? we lost 3 of our 4 startes last season. can you say that?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, don't you talk smack on World Championships with me, Jell-0. The Packers have the most championships of any team in NFL history.

:bsmf:

rawlingsHOH
3/5/2010, 12:47 PM

Yeah, that's his deal. You'll watch him for 3 weeks and never hear his name called. He's definitely an enigma.

badger
3/5/2010, 12:47 PM
really? and how did your secondary fair last season? we lost 3 of our 4 startes last season. can you say that?

NP, how did our secondary fair again?

Oh YEAH! They made the playoffs! They had a WINNING record.

And... your secondary was 7-9 last year, amirite? :D

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, that's his deal. You'll watch him for 3 weeks and never hear his name called. He's definitely an enigma.

you think it might have something to do with the fact that hes always been THE MAN? this defense hes coming to is pretty established...i mean Alex brown (although not as highly publicized) is a good DE and ogunlye is a stud...peppers will be in a rotation where he will have to work to prove he is the man instead of just starting there because of his name.the 4th on the roster is a texas product and i dont even remember his name when he played at texas so whatever...

rawlingsHOH
3/5/2010, 12:54 PM
rodgers deserves it, hes from a non football school, his beard doesn't grow as nicely as farve's and hes wearing green..

this

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:55 PM
NP, how did our secondary fair again?

Oh YEAH! They made the playoffs! They had a WINNING record.

And... your secondary was 7-9 last year, amirite? :D

ok ok... simmer down there sprite....

2 injured dlineman...one gone for 6 games..the other for the year.
2 linebackers. one gone for 5 games..the other for the season
3 dbacks..1 for 4 games....1 gone for 6 games...1 11 games

tell me how this bodes well for any proffesional team? with hillenmeyer running our defense, im suprised we won that many.

badger
3/5/2010, 12:59 PM
I think all of us Sooner fans have gotten a good taste of what injuries can do to a team during a promising season.

However, unlike college, Neffel teams can just bring in new players to replace the injured ones immediately off free agency and practice squads.

:D Besides, if you keep providing excuses like that, even the Detroit Lions might pass you in the NFC North. They do, after all, have a much scarier logo now:

http://sportstalktheticket.com/wp-content/uploads/new-lions-logo.jpg

rawr! ;)

buffalobill989
3/5/2010, 01:00 PM
heres an article that says if you sign peppers, it might push tommie of the team. hes due a 5 million dollar bonus, that might be a little high for what it will take to sign peppers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/peppers-could-push-harris-on-bears-roster/

badger
3/5/2010, 01:02 PM
heres an article that says if you sign peppers, it might push tommie of the team. hes due a 5 million dollar bonus, that might be a little high for what it will take to sign peppers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/peppers-could-push-harris-on-bears-roster/

:mad: if that happens the one-time "Sooner Bears" will all be gone.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:06 PM

bah...i call BS...there are too many non-factors on that defense right now that they can sign a bus ticket for....vasher being one of the bigger offenders...

thats not even including the non-factor o players.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:13 PM
I think all of us Sooner fans have gotten a good taste of what injuries can do to a team during a promising season.

However, unlike college, Neffel teams can just bring in new players to replace the injured ones immediately off free agency and practice squads.

:D Besides, if you keep providing excuses like that, even the Detroit Lions might pass you in the NFC North. They do, after all, have a much scarier logo now:

http://sportstalktheticket.com/wp-content/uploads/new-lions-logo.jpg

rawr! ;)

ewwww that is scary...you think it will help them play any better?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 03:37 PM
and now chester taylor is a bear....not overly impressed with that pick but....he can push some of the non-factors at rb out to the soup kitchens

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 03:42 PM
i was keeping it quiet but there have been rumors for a day or so that they would go hard after LT...i wonder if he is still having injury issues.

SoonerLB
3/5/2010, 03:50 PM
Hate to interrupt the argument, but shouldn't the title be 'DA burrs'?
Just sayin' that's how my relatives in Chicago say it anyway. ;)

badger
3/5/2010, 03:51 PM
Is Iggy with da bears?

Upon further thought, that $5 mil roster bonus due in June is probably going to result in Tommie's cutting. Not fair, not nice, etc. etc., but it's the Neffel and it happens to seasoned vets on teams that will try to bring in newer, cheaper talent.

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 03:52 PM
We'll take him. :D

Collier11
3/5/2010, 03:52 PM
you still gotta get Cutler to quit throwin the ball to the other team and we all know that aint happenin

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 04:09 PM
Is Iggy with da bears?

Upon further thought, that $5 mil roster bonus due in June is probably going to result in Tommie's cutting. Not fair, not nice, etc. etc., but it's the Neffel and it happens to seasoned vets on teams that will try to bring in newer, cheaper talent.

yep..iggy is there and rumor has it...(we know how that goes) he is going to be the 2 or 3 guy coming into this camp.

hope you're wrong about tommie. we have 6 dts on the roster and he is definately the best of them.

Collier11
3/5/2010, 04:11 PM
Tommie isnt goin anywhere

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 04:13 PM
Hate to interrupt the argument, but shouldn't the title be 'DA burrs'?
Just sayin' that's how my relatives in Chicago say it anyway. ;)

true nuff...i guess i've been down here to long to remember the skit..

badger
3/5/2010, 04:27 PM
OK, we all love Tommie because Tommie is an awesome person and an awesome Sooner. Unfortunately, his past skirmishes with Coach Lovie are well documented. When Lovie cut Tommie's best friend Mark Bradley, Tommie was publicly pizzed off. Tommie also had that little incident last season that resulted in his ejection, not that it was a very major incident.

Both his questionable relationship with Lovie and his $5 mil roster bonus make him a target for cutting. The ejection will only because a third nail in the coffin if Tommie has any issues this offseason a la Dusty (gawd, I hope not!).

And yes, if da burrs don't want Tommie, I would love to have him play for Green Bay!

Collier11
3/5/2010, 04:28 PM
considering that Tommie was openly recruiting Julius I dont think they will cut him, it seems like Tommie would be aware if they were considering it

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 04:31 PM
He might be recruiting him so that he can get the hell out of there.

MojoRisen
3/5/2010, 04:48 PM
No cap, 5 million isn't a big deal to a big market like Chitown. Can't they bust out the real paychecks this year?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 04:53 PM
No cap, 5 million isn't a big deal to a big market like Chitown. Can't they bust out the real paychecks this year?

pffft fugg that. we pay in bratwurst and beer...