PDA

View Full Version : Do not use Southside Dog Cat & Bird Clinic

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 10:55 AM
My boyfriend took 3 cats to the vet for me a couple weeks ago...he took my mom's female torti calico cat to be declawed, my big orange and white male cat to be checked - he had diarrhea, and a young orange and white male cat to be neutered. When the receptionist checks pets in, she puts a piece of tape on the pet carrier you bring them in with their name on it....then the pet gets moved to a kennel in the back and again, a piece of tape on the kennel with their name and procedure on it. She mixed up the names on the pet carriers for my big orange/white cat and the female torti. She even wrote the physical description down for the torti calico cat because my boyfriend didn't know what to call it. So they end up putting the wrong names on the kennels, and oops, they declawed my big orange/white cat and checked the torti for diarrhea.

No one ever looked at the physical description of the cats in the file...no telling how many people handled them that day - techs, 2 vets, the receptionist, and they all got it wrong. The first vet did the declawing in the morning, and I called after lunch to see if they had checked my orange cat for diarrhea and the second vet called me back and said she had examined the cat and didn't find any diarrhea. No kidding, it was the wrong cat.

When I went to pick up the neutered cat and my older cat, they brought out the torti and I was like "that's the wrong cat" they tried to argue with me and I told them...I've had my cat for 7 years and my mom's had this cat for 3 years..I know them apart and they don't even look alike. Plus one's male and one's female. I was very upset and they had the office manager call me..and instead of apologizing to me, she told me that it must have been my boyfriend's fault because she would never make a mistake like that..that when she makes a chart for an animal, that chart never leaves them...that she has been there 20 years...there must have been some kind of miscommunication and blah blah blah. NEVER apologized. I demanded copies of the charts and she herself had written the description of the female, so SHE mislabeled the pet carriers. Even if my boyfriend told her wrong, all she had to do was look inside the carrier to see it was the wrong cat.

They refunded all my money, including the charge for the neuter on the 3rd cat..they gave us all the medicine for free and when I went to pick up my accidentally-declawed cat the next day, they gave us a bunch of food and did his fecal exam.

Needless to say, I'm still furious about the whole thing so I made a complaint with the Veterinary Medical Board and they are reviewing it. I didn't want that cat declawed, it was unnecessary as he had never once scratched anything but a scratching post. The other cat was very destructive with her claws so it was either throw her outside or have her declawed.

I wrote that back in February and posted it at another site...new development today.

we've been keeping him indoors exclusively and he had cabin fever, I guess, and escaped yesterday when my daughter opened the door. He came home dirty and barely able to walk. I don't know what he did or what he stepped in or rubbed his feet in (I started to say "clawed" but that's not appropriate anymore), but his paws were caked with dirt. I thought he had broken a foot because it was so tender. I took him to the vet today and she anesthetized him so she could clean his paws...turns out that on two of his toes, the bone was sticking out and now she has to go back in and amputate even more of those 2 toes to keep him from losing his foot. Not only did they screw up, but they did a ****ty job while they were at it.

this nice trip to the vet is costing me $450.

ADs_Agent
3/5/2010, 11:18 AM
I don't like cats by any means, but that poor animal :(

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 11:25 AM
My boyfriend took 3 cats to the vet for me a couple weeks ago...he took my mom's female torti calico cat to be declawed, my big orange and white male cat to be checked - he had diarrhea, and a young orange and white male cat to be neutered. When the receptionist checks pets in, she puts a piece of tape on the pet carrier you bring them in with their name on it....then the pet gets moved to a kennel in the back and again, a piece of tape on the kennel with their name and procedure on it. She mixed up the names on the pet carriers for my big orange/white cat and the female torti. She even wrote the physical description down for the torti calico cat because my boyfriend didn't know what to call it. So they end up putting the wrong names on the kennels, and oops, they declawed my big orange/white cat and checked the torti for diarrhea.

No one ever looked at the physical description of the cats in the file...no telling how many people handled them that day - techs, 2 vets, the receptionist, and they all got it wrong. The first vet did the declawing in the morning, and I called after lunch to see if they had checked my orange cat for diarrhea and the second vet called me back and said she had examined the cat and didn't find any diarrhea. No kidding, it was the wrong cat.

When I went to pick up the neutered cat and my older cat, they brought out the torti and I was like "that's the wrong cat" they tried to argue with me and I told them...I've had my cat for 7 years and my mom's had this cat for 3 years..I know them apart and they don't even look alike. Plus one's male and one's female. I was very upset and they had the office manager call me..and instead of apologizing to me, she told me that it must have been my boyfriend's fault because she would never make a mistake like that..that when she makes a chart for an animal, that chart never leaves them...that she has been there 20 years...there must have been some kind of miscommunication and blah blah blah. NEVER apologized. I demanded copies of the charts and she herself had written the description of the female, so SHE mislabeled the pet carriers. Even if my boyfriend told her wrong, all she had to do was look inside the carrier to see it was the wrong cat.

They refunded all my money, including the charge for the neuter on the 3rd cat..they gave us all the medicine for free and when I went to pick up my accidentally-declawed cat the next day, they gave us a bunch of food and did his fecal exam.

Needless to say, I'm still furious about the whole thing so I made a complaint with the Veterinary Medical Board and they are reviewing it. I didn't want that cat declawed, it was unnecessary as he had never once scratched anything but a scratching post. The other cat was very destructive with her claws so it was either throw her outside or have her declawed.

I wrote that back in February and posted it at another site...new development today.

we've been keeping him indoors exclusively and he had cabin fever, I guess, and escaped yesterday when my daughter opened the door. He came home dirty and barely able to walk. I don't know what he did or what he stepped in or rubbed his feet in (I started to say "clawed" but that's not appropriate anymore), but his paws were caked with dirt. I thought he had broken a foot because it was so tender. I took him to the vet today and she anesthetized him so she could clean his paws...turns out that on two of his toes, the bone was sticking out and now she has to go back in and amputate even more of those 2 toes to keep him from losing his foot. Not only did they screw up, but they did a ****ty job while they were at it.

Isn't that something you can recoup from the previous vet? Wow...

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 11:27 AM

i bet there is a chinese resteraunt on the soutside that would take those three off your hands... ;)

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 12:36 PM
Isn't that something you can recoup from the previous vet? Wow...

i don't know, but I am going to supplement my complaint to the vet board and also send this vet the bill with a nice letter.

BillyBall
3/5/2010, 12:36 PM
That is really sad... I should not have read that.

GottaHavePride
3/5/2010, 12:43 PM
:( Poor cat. I would have de-clawed the vet.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:44 PM
That is really sad... I should not have read that.

cmon now...cats taste just like chicken.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 12:59 PM
its a cat for chrissake...

GottaHavePride
3/5/2010, 01:02 PM
Man, I don't like cats either, but would you want this same vet performing unnecessary procedures on your dog while NOT checking out what actually IS wrong with your pet?

You'd be making a different noise if you took Fido in to have a painful tooth looked at and the vet treats him for worms and amputates his tail...

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:07 PM
yeah, and it's MY cat. and I love him. And he used to like to play outside and climb trees and hunt. he's never ever scratched anything he wasn't supposed to, and I would never, ever cause an animal undue pain, not even an animal I don't like (which are few and far between).

Now he can't play outside and he's tired of being cooped up AND he's in pain...the vet called and she said there was a toe on the other paw that had to be amputated too. It was also exposed.

I'm obviously upset about this, and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. No one held a gun to your head and made you read this, so **** off.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:07 PM
Man, I don't like cats either, but would you want this same vet performing unnecessary procedures on your dog while NOT checking out what actually IS wrong with your pet?

You'd be making a different noise if you took Fido in to have a painful tooth looked at and the vet treats him for worms and amputates his tail...

heh you talking to the wrong dude...

i put a bullet in one of my dogs instead of hip replacement..

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:10 PM
yeah, and it's MY cat. and I love him. And he used to like to play outside and climb trees and hunt. he's never ever scratched anything he wasn't supposed to, and I would never, ever cause an animal undue pain, not even an animal I don't like (which are few and far between).

Now he can't play outside and he's tired of being cooped up AND he's in pain...the vet called and she said there was a toe on the other paw that had to be amputated too. It was also exposed.

I'm obviously upset about this, and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. No one held a gun to your head and made you read this, so **** off.

ok..ill clam up after this statement since you just keep slamming me with neg....

its a cat that is suppose to be a natural killer and a natural hunter who is smart enough to know its own limits. lots of people dont want your cat roaming around in their yard i happen to be one of those people...cats like antifreeze...

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:28 PM
ok..ill clam up after this statement since you just keep slamming me with neg....

its a cat that is suppose to be a natural killer and a natural hunter who is smart enough to know its own limits. lots of people dont want your cat roaming around in their yard i happen to be one of those people...cats like antifreeze...

i live on an acreage, dumbass. he doesn't go into neighbors' yards.

again. **** off dip****.

fadada1
3/5/2010, 01:31 PM
can they re-claw cats? like a vasectomy reversal?

yermom
3/5/2010, 01:32 PM
it's bad enough they did it on the wrong cat, but to bungle the job too?

that really sucks. i would have already been pissed and reminded of it daily if there hadn't been a problem afterward

ADs_Agent
3/5/2010, 01:38 PM
can you take legal action?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:39 PM
i live on an acreage, dumbass. he doesn't go into neighbors' yards.

again. **** off dip****.

original...

so youre telling me the cat never leaves the acerage? i wonder what the cat thinks about when he sees a field mouse crossing a fence line....i would bet it would go something like this...

"hmm. there's a mouse and it thinks it is going to get away. im going to chase it, catch it, play with it, hump it for a little while then im going to go over to old man smiths farm and leave a nice little turb ball in his flower garden to dig up because thats the awesomest place ever to poop. later, after im done, im going to go back to the house and insecanttly whine at the door to be let back in, beg for milk and lay at the foot of momma's bed and lick my asss until someone comes up and scratches my belly."

or something like that.

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:40 PM
can you take legal action?

no, you can't take legal action for pets...probably can for livestock that is worth money, but not for a house cat.

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:40 PM
original...

so youre telling me the cat never leaves the acerage? i wonder what the cat thinks about when he sees a field mouse crossing a fence line....i would bet it would go something like this...

"hmm. there's a mouse and it thinks it is going to get away. im going to chase it, catch it, play with it, hump it for a little while then im going to go over to old man smiths farm and leave a nice little turb ball in his flower garden to dig up because thats the awesomest place ever to poop. later, after im done, im going to go back to the house and insecanttly whine at the door to be let back in, beg for milk and lay at the foot of momma's bed and lick my asss until someone comes up and scratches my belly."

or something like that.

i thought you were gonna clam up?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:42 PM
i thought you were gonna clam up?

was until you started the neg bomb bullshiite...

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:43 PM
no, you can't take legal action for pets...probably can for livestock that is worth money, but not for a house cat.

after all, there are only millions of them in shelters world wide...

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 01:45 PM
was until you started the neg bomb bullshiite...

Maybe you should stop being a ********* to someone who's trying to find help for her pet? Hmm?

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:45 PM
you called me a heifer, you tiny little man. the neg bomb was the right (and fun) thing to do.

helped me work out some anger. thanks.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:46 PM
Maybe you should stop being a ********* to someone who's trying to find help for her pet? Hmm?

i disagree...

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:47 PM
oh wait..you called me a "heiffer"

you can't spell and you have a tiny penis.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:47 PM
you called me a heifer, you tiny little man. the neg bomb was the right (and fun) thing to do.

helped me work out some anger. thanks.

and? it hit too close to home?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:48 PM
oh wait..you called me a "heiffer"

you can't spell and you have a tiny penis.

apparently, you got the point.

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:50 PM
and? it hit too close to home?

not really. you were just trying to hurt my feelings and it failed. it was fun negging you. refreshing, really.

badger
3/5/2010, 01:51 PM
Cat lover here. I'm sorry about the situation. NP and I usually stay with our pets during vet visits because they all freak out in public (the cat especially), but that probably wasn't possible with a declawing procedure.

I think you're doing the right thing by calling the vet board on this. It sounds like the place tried to make amends by giving you free medicine and comp the procedure cost, but since they botched the declawing, that's still unacceptable.

PS: Chill out, boys. It's Friday :)

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:53 PM
not really. you were just trying to hurt my feelings and it failed. it was fun negging you. refreshing, really.

glad i could help...it would take you until somewhere near independance day to knock me down though so get back with me when youre nearly there.

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:53 PM
Cat lover here. I'm sorry about the situation. NP and I usually stay with our pets during vet visits because they all freak out in public (the cat especially), but that probably wasn't possible with a declawing procedure.

I think you're doing the right thing by calling the vet board on this. It sounds like the place tried to make amends by giving you free medicine and comp the procedure cost, but since they botched the declawing, that's still unacceptable.

i shouldn't have left him there. they were supposed to check him for worms, and I just never thought someone would make that stupid of a mistake. I should've taken him myself and waited.

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 01:54 PM
glad i could help...it would take you until somewhere near independance day to knock me down though so get back with me when youre nearly there.

what? you're not making any sense.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:54 PM

agreed....i took exception to someone taking a joke to a tear infested neg fest...

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:55 PM
what? you're not making any sense.

you hit me with something approaching 35 negs and haven't knocked me down one iota...i was saying....nevermind.

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 01:59 PM
haha keep it up lil lady...youll get the thread locked sooner or later..

Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:57 PM soonerbrat haha. your joke was really funny, and way to stick with it and try to make someone who's obviously upset even more upset.
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:56 PM soonerbrat just trying to give you a whole page of negs. am I there yet?
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:56 PM soonerbrat 36
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:51 PM soonerbrat
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:48 PM soonerbrat i don't care what names you call me, go ahead
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:46 PM soonerbrat x
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:44 PM soonerbrat x
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:44 PM soonerbrat x
Do not use Southside... 3/5/2010 12:41 PM soonerbrat i thought you were gonna shut up. *sigh*
Silly highschool... 3/5/2010 12:39 PM soonerbrat last one. i'm getting bored now.
tiny to leave after... 3/5/2010 12:39 PM soonerbrat x
Silly highschool... 3/5/2010 12:38 PM soonerbrat x
Why is OU not after... 3/5/2010 12:37 PM soonerbrat x
Center/Power Forward 3/5/2010 12:36 PM soonerbrat or yours.
. 3/5/2010 12:36 PM soonerbrat x
Why is OU not after... 3/5/2010 12:36 PM soonerbrat x
So how old were you? 3/5/2010 12:36 PM soonerbrat x
Racisim 3/5/2010 12:35 PM soonerbrat i think you have small man's syndrome. is it just your penis or are you short all over?
Why is OU not after... 3/5/2010 12:35 PM soonerbrat are you a shorty?
The Midget I was... 3/5/2010 12:34 PM soonerbrat having fun yet?
Racisim 3/5/2010 12:34 PM soonerbrat wow, you hate animals and people.
Why is OU not after... 3/5/2010 12:34 PM soonerbrat x
So how old were you? 3/5/2010 12:34 PM soonerbrat no wonder your girlfriend left you.
The Midget I was... 3/5/2010 12:33 PM soonerbrat it's actually kind of theraputic. thanks for the suggestion

soonerbrat
3/5/2010, 02:04 PM
i ignored the first comment about the chinese restaurant. when you kept on, and on, and on, and on, and on...

is that a whole page of negs yet?

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 02:06 PM
i ignored the first comment about the chinese restaurant. when you kept on, and on, and on, and on, and on...

is that a whole page of negs yet?

there was exactly two comments when you started all of this...it wasnt a joke. i HAVE eaten cat..they do indeed taste like chicken.

badger
3/5/2010, 02:38 PM
Repeat: It's Friday. Fridays only come along once a week. Stop making it into a Monday. It's Friday, dammit. FRIDAY. Chill! :)

Jello Biafra
3/5/2010, 02:42 PM
Repeat: It's Friday. Fridays only come along once a week. Stop making it into a Monday. It's Friday, dammit. FRIDAY. Chill! :)

fine...

:bsmf:

colleyvillesooner
3/6/2010, 08:53 AM
Classic SO. Good story. neg bombs and bragging about Spek levels. You know they're about to pass that law where you can turn Spek into money? That's gonna be awesome for you. ;)

Hope you cat gets better in a hurry, Brat.

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 12:02 PM
Classic SO. Good story. neg bombs and bragging about Spek levels. You know they're about to pass that law where you can turn Spek into money? That's gonna be awesome for you. ;)

Hope you cat gets better in a hurry, Brat.

heh its saturday so i can start it up again ;)

fugg that cat! and fugg that proud gonzo...i guess she sicked him on me. glad to see he can take time out of his busy day fingering his o-ring long enough to hop on that innanet long enough to drop some negs my way.

as far as your other statements about my size go....whatever works for ya...

if you want a good description on me, i would say. picture a doorway and then fill it... ask a few people around here before you start lipping off gonzo, it might get ya some face time. its not like noone knows where you are in the fall on saturdays.

yermom
3/6/2010, 12:21 PM
that Gonzo guy is a real tough guy. you should be careful.

olevetonahill
3/6/2010, 12:23 PM

Ive heard HE can shoot better than LAS

Turd_Ferguson
3/6/2010, 12:48 PM
Ive heard HE can shoot better than LASPffft.....Impossible!

proud gonzo
3/6/2010, 03:34 PM
Glad to see the South Oval spirit of out-of-proportion anger and threats is still alive and well.

A Sooner in Texas
3/6/2010, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to quietly sneak in here and give my sympathies to Brat. That's very sad about your cat, and you've handled it the right way.
(And Jello, you don't make fun of people's pets...it's like making fun of their children.)

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 04:17 PM

lol i dont know if you're being serious or joking. there have been a few around here that have actually met me so.... if i remember correctly, one of them met me after i went dusty dvorcek on an oregon duck fan at campus corner a few years ago.

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to quietly sneak in here and give my sympathies to Brat. That's very sad about your cat, and you've handled it the right way.
(And Jello, you don't make fun of people's pets...it's like making fun of their children.)

big difference between people and cats. trust me, i know the difference...people aren't quite as yummy.

SoonerKnight
3/6/2010, 04:29 PM
Jello your a tough guy on a message board!! :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 04:30 PM
Jello your a tough guy on a message board!! :rolleyes:

i am.

actually, i am a guy on a message board that is as un-impressed with people ON said message board as if they were standing in front of me. trust me, its all fun and games until someone's feelings get hurt and have to make it personal....

olevetonahill
3/6/2010, 04:41 PM
Jello
Ive met you and PG
I think that PG dude can take ya :D

StoopTroup
3/6/2010, 05:01 PM
LMAO

Crucifax Autumn
3/6/2010, 07:03 PM
My cat negged a mouse.

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 08:11 PM
Jello
Ive met you and PG
I think that PG dude can take ya :D

ok fair enough ;)

gonzo, brat AND that f'in cat can look deep into my brown eye....

Crucifax Autumn
3/6/2010, 08:31 PM
Your browneye is deep? :eek:

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 08:36 PM
Your browneye is deep? :eek:

last time i heard from brat it was ....something to the effect of "you are a big assshole"

olevetonahill
3/6/2010, 08:43 PM
last time i heard from brat it was ....something to the effect of "you are a big assshole"

You cant be , yer not a cop:eek:

Viking Kitten
3/6/2010, 09:20 PM
Good Lord. Some people suck so hard at life it's just sad. Sorry about your poor cat, Brat. Ignore the f**kstick in this thread who isn't worth your time or energy.

Jello Biafra
3/6/2010, 09:21 PM
Good Lord. Some people suck so hard at life it's just sad. Sorry about your poor cat, Brat. Ignore the f**kstick in this thread who isn't worth your time or energy.

most of us are doing well.. thanks for asking.

olevetonahill
3/6/2010, 09:58 PM
Ive never had Cat. Et dog a few times tho .

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/7/2010, 01:10 AM
***damn, people are stupid.

Sorry about your cat, Brat.

OU_Sooners75
3/7/2010, 03:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat Brat....

Other than that.... :pop:

StoopTroup
3/8/2010, 06:03 PM
I'm not a cat lover but I did find this thread refreshing.