PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think Sam would best fit in?

OU_Sooners75
3/4/2010, 05:11 AM
We all know he should be drafted in the top 5, so of those teams, where do you think he best fits and which team gives him the best chance to succeed early?

I really do not think St. Louis is that bad of a spot for him.

Yeah, they have some woes in the OL but they have a decent running game. They have a couple of decent WRs.

If the Rams pick Sam 1st, then IMO, they will go out and get some OL either by drafting in later rounds or Free Agency.

What say you?

KantoSooner
3/4/2010, 09:27 AM
Don't follow the pro game, so no opinion. I will say that I am very tired of watching great OU players get drafted to teams like Detroit and spending their foreshortened careers being the vehicles for other team's dreams. (Billy Sims, anyone?)
I hope Sam goes to a team where he has a chance to shine and enjoy a long, successful career.

sooner518
3/4/2010, 11:02 AM
I grew up a Redskins fan, and I am a fan of Shanahan, so I would love to see him in DC. However the curse of Daniel Snyder scares me....

but its better than the Lions.

What are the realistic options for Sam at this point? St Louis. DC. Seattle. Buffalo. anywhere else?

MojoRisen
3/4/2010, 11:43 AM
The Skins are a big Market, they have Money... Shanahan is a great QB coach and will make them a winner in short order - at least servicable and a 9-7 10-6 type ball club. If he has any sucess his marketing potential is much greater out east with the skins. Plus he can throw to Malcom Kelley

The skins are getting a bit old, but have the cash to make some headway this year in free agency.

ndpruitt03
3/4/2010, 12:11 PM
Seattle or Washington. Both of those teams have good receivers. Both are weak at the lines. St. Louis is weak at receiver and offensive line. And has a pretty weak defense.

misplacedsooner
3/4/2010, 12:14 PM
gosh, easy on my lions guys...when we have had great ou players we are not bottom of the barrel, we are actually pretty good. but thats not this thread.
i see the point about the rams and skins. i think sam will be great wherever he goes, never know if the rams pass maybe someone will move up in the draft order to grab him.

Harry Beanbag
3/4/2010, 12:14 PM
What are the realistic options for Sam at this point? St Louis. DC. Seattle. Buffalo. anywhere else?

I think that's about it barring any trades. I hate the Redskins, but with a real coach now that might be a pretty good place for him. I just want somebody to pick him before Cleveland and Buffalo get a chance.

SoonerAtKU
3/4/2010, 02:25 PM
It'd be a mixed blessing for Sam to have to play here in St. Louis. He'd be the first overall pick and make a ton of money, but he'd have to play for this team. I'd go see him play, but feel bad for him the whole time.

Eielson
3/4/2010, 04:53 PM
If the Rams pick Sam 1st, then IMO, they will go out and get some OL either by drafting in later rounds or Free Agency.

They've been working hard on the OL. Most notably they picked up one of the top 5 centers in the NFL last year (one of the lone bright spots on the team), and also drafted Jason Smith #2 in last year's draft as a left tackle.

If Jason Smith works out at LT like he should, it would be a near perfect situation for Sam. Jackson is one of the top 3 running backs (he only has a few years left, though) and they have plenty of talented, young wide receivers.

SoonerAtKU
3/4/2010, 05:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, which of the WRs would you classify as talented?

VA Sooner
3/4/2010, 06:38 PM
Malcolm hasn't been able to shine until the end of last season. Injuries keeping him at bay... as well as his excuses. We'll see...

JLEW1818
3/4/2010, 07:18 PM
I've said Washington for months now. many others have too

Eielson
3/5/2010, 04:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, which of the WRs would you classify as talented?

Donnie Avery was the first WR taken two years ago, and looked pretty good as a rookie when he had 674 receiving yards. He looked like he'd have a great sophomore season, but wasn't completely healthy for most of the season, and the starting quarterback had trouble staying healthy.

Brandon Gibson came up with some amazing catches against the Saints, and looked like a stud. He ended up not having much of a quarterback to throw him the ball, either, and so we didn't see all that he was capable. He looked really good at times, though.

Laurent Robinson looked like our best receiver until he got hurt in the third game. He looked like he was capable of some things if he can stay on the field.

starclassic tama
3/5/2010, 06:13 PM
in other words, nobody

Big Red Ron
3/5/2010, 06:16 PM
Avery is a solid young reciever. I think Sam could be a great fit for the "Greatest Show on Turf!"

Eielson
3/5/2010, 09:16 PM
in other words, nobody

You're generally clueless. This is no exception.

SoonerLB
3/6/2010, 11:37 AM
The plot thickens with the Rams signing A J Feeley to a 2 year contract yesterday.

Eielson
3/6/2010, 11:41 AM
The plot thickens with the Rams signing A J Feeley to a 2 year contract yesterday.

I doubt this is going to be the difference between the Rams getting Bradford or not.

misplacedsooner
3/6/2010, 11:43 AM
letssee...aj feeley or a chance to take a future hall of famer (imho) maybe that tells the story...feeley for a year so sam can get brought along slowly.

85sooners
3/6/2010, 03:12 PM
washington can suck it!!!!!!!

soonerinabilene
3/6/2010, 06:21 PM
i think seattle would be the ideal spot for him. he would have a great mentor in hasselback, and if they get brandon marshall he will have the best target in the league to throw to.

oudavid1
3/6/2010, 06:26 PM
Jets!!!

SoonerMom2
3/6/2010, 07:16 PM
letssee...aj feeley or a chance to take a future hall of famer (imho) maybe that tells the story...feeley for a year so sam can get brought along slowly.

Would love to see Sam go to the Rams and might start rooting for them again. I hate the Redskins. Resigning Feeley would mean Sam wouldn't be tossed in the fire like they did to Aikman in Dallas.

Always rooted for them when we lived in SoCal.

Sooner-N-KS
3/6/2010, 08:45 PM
Where would Sam best fit in?

Minnesota Vikings

.......not that it's going to happen, but it would be an incredible fit.

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2010, 08:50 PM
Anywhere but the Lions or Redskins; the Lions franchise is the black hole of the NFL and as a Cowboys fan my hatred for the Skins is immense

misplacedsooner
3/6/2010, 09:53 PM
the lions will be better next year..watch and see:dolemite: