PDA

View Full Version : Notes on Bradford

Collier11
3/3/2010, 04:23 PM
From Mortenson on Espn

The 20lbs of muscle he has added was BIG for him in the eyes of scouts

His shoulder was checked out extensively at the combine and came back GREAT

Bradford surprised teams with his great knowledge and ability to read and disect defenses, Mccoy disappointed in this aspect or seemed behind Bradford and Clausen

Mortenson says the Rams are going to do a ton of tests on Bradfords shoulder and if it checks out there is no doubt that they will pick Bradford #1

Dr. Andrews who performed Bradfords shoulder surgery says it looks great and is ahead of schedule

In terms of Leadership, accuracy, overall talent, Bradford easily above Clausen

ndpruitt03
3/3/2010, 04:26 PM
When is the last time one city had the top pick in football and the top pick in basketball at the same time?

OU_Sooners75
3/3/2010, 04:26 PM
From Mortenson on Espn

The 20lbs of muscle he has added was BIG for him in the eyes of scouts

His shoulder was checked out extensively at the combine and came back GREAT

Bradford surprised teams with his great knowledge and ability to read and disect defenses, Mccoy disappointed in this aspect or seemed behind Bradford and Clausen

Mortenson says the Rams are going to do a ton of tests on Bradfords shoulder and if it checks out there is no doubt that they will pick Bradford #1

Dr. Andrews who performed Bradfords shoulder surgery says it looks great and is ahead of schedule

In terms of Leadership, accuracy, overall talent, Bradford easily above Clausen

Was there ever any doubt?

OU_Sooners75
3/3/2010, 04:27 PM
When is the last time one city had the top pick in football and the top pick in basketball at the same time?

St. Louis has a Basketball team?

BoulderSooner79
3/3/2010, 04:29 PM
Sounds like that year off is killing Sam's value :)

More seriously, the injury year appears to be hurting Gresh. I was amazed how long he was in a cast/brace and he doesn't look near 100% yet.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 04:29 PM
who knew

ndpruitt03
3/3/2010, 04:46 PM
St. Louis has a Basketball team?

Let me restate.

When is the last time a city had players in back to back in the top 2 money sports. OKC will have Blake Griffin and Sam Bradford go back to back as the top pick. Both are OKC kids.

VA Sooner
3/3/2010, 05:28 PM
Good Sammie! Good head on his repaired shoulder that's nearly 100%. Pro Day should be interesting.

KantoSooner
3/3/2010, 06:06 PM
"In terms of Leadership, accuracy, overall talent, Bradford easily above Clausen"

Bradford had an unfair advantage: he played college football.

fadada1
3/3/2010, 07:51 PM
did clausen show up to the combine in a limo???

gaylordfan1
3/3/2010, 08:05 PM
will they be selling popcorn and other refreshments for the fans for pro day at OU?

Collier11
3/3/2010, 09:07 PM
not sure if you are being serious or not but it will be closed

swardboy
3/3/2010, 09:40 PM
Where can I get Sooner ringtones?

85sooners
3/3/2010, 10:01 PM
:pop:

Eielson
3/3/2010, 10:03 PM

Not long ago. It was Utah, and I think it was in 04 or something like that. Andrew Bogut and Alex Smith.

ndpruitt03
3/3/2010, 10:05 PM
Not long ago. It was Utah, and I think it was in 04 or something like that. Andrew Bogut and Alex Smith.

That was the same college. But Bogut is from Australia and I think Alex Smith is from California.

Eielson
3/3/2010, 10:09 PM
Oh. I don't know that. If it's ever happened it's probably like LA or somewhere like that.

SoonerLB
3/3/2010, 10:36 PM
Sam can take the money, but Clasen can take a punch! :D

JLEW1818
3/3/2010, 10:44 PM
i was so on the other side of this for Sam. Nothing against him, but i thought he made a horrible mistake not leaving last year, before the injury, and obviously even more after.

Now its look like the move is not bad. Sure he is a year older, but is still only 22 years old. He will def go top 4, probably even number 1. Do the Rams need a QB or DT more? Obviously a QB. A DT is not going to fix things over night. A QB at least can get you a couple more wins (see M. Stafford), and build around him. It's a process. Sam is gonna take some hard hits, and probably throw many interceptions this season. Sam is very mature, he understands the process of things like this. Give Sam and the Rams 4 years, and they will be a top 8 team in the NFL

what makes me the most happy is, Sam Bradford is not the "poster child" not leaving school early, and getting hurt situation. If he goes a top 4 pick (which he will), it wouldn't even matter.

Good for Sam. These are the type things good kids get.

Eielson
3/3/2010, 11:03 PM
I think with the Rams it's going to be a matter of confidence in Smith. They picked him #2, but he's never played LT in the NFL like he will be called to this year. The Rams have made good strides with their O-line, but it all comes down to how well Smith can protect the quarterback. Hopefully he can.

I'd kinda like to see us get Vick for a 3rd for 4th, and pick Suh. I wouldn't be upset with Bradford, though.

Sooner04
3/3/2010, 11:07 PM
will they be selling popcorn and other refreshments for the fans for pro day at OU?
If Schmitty is still running it then not even punters will be allowed in.

JLEW1818
3/3/2010, 11:07 PM
u want dog killer? hehe. would u consider him a long term answer?

Eielson
3/3/2010, 11:13 PM
u want dog killer? hehe. would u consider him a long term answer?

He's definitely not long term. Bradford may not either if Smith doesn't live up to his draft spot.

JLEW1818
3/3/2010, 11:15 PM
I think there is a chance the rams could get Donovan McNabb

gaylordfan1
3/3/2010, 11:32 PM
not sure if you are being serious or not but it will be closed

Yes, I was joking.... :D

Collier11
3/3/2010, 11:37 PM
hey, you never know around here ;)

Collier11
3/3/2010, 11:38 PM
i was so on the other side of this for Sam. Nothing against him, but i thought he made a horrible mistake not leaving last year, before the injury, and obviously even more after.

Now its look like the move is not bad. Sure he is a year older, but is still only 22 years old. He will def go top 4, probably even number 1. Do the Rams need a QB or DT more? Obviously a QB. A DT is not going to fix things over night. A QB at least can get you a couple more wins (see M. Stafford), and build around him. It's a process. Sam is gonna take some hard hits, and probably throw many interceptions this season. Sam is very mature, he understands the process of things like this. Give Sam and the Rams 4 years, and they will be a top 8 team in the NFL

what makes me the most happy is, Sam Bradford is not the "poster child" not leaving school early, and getting hurt situation. If he goes a top 4 pick (which he will), it wouldn't even matter.

Good for Sam. These are the type things good kids get.

Im pretty sure we told you this in a huge long thread throughout the year, Bradford did nothing to hurt himself

Eielson
3/3/2010, 11:39 PM
I think there is a chance the rams could get Donovan McNabb

He wouldn't be the long term answer, either, and he would likely cost a bunch more. I just get excited thinking of Vick and Jackson in the same backfield.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 11:41 PM
so you want to give up on a Pro Bowler for a career 53% passer with no receivers to speak of, nice

Eielson
3/3/2010, 11:47 PM
so you want to give up on a Pro Bowler for a career 53% passer with no receivers to speak of, nice

If you're talking about Bulger...yes.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 11:51 PM
Just to be clear,

A career 85.6 passer rating and 62.6% completion for 75.9 and 53

ndpruitt03
3/3/2010, 11:55 PM

He's 32 years old.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 11:56 PM
Since when has being 32 really affected a QB? I counted 10 QBs who started last year who are 32 or older, I counted 2 more that are 30 or older. Of those 12 who are 30 or older, 7 lead their team to the playoffs

Eielson
3/4/2010, 12:22 AM
Even if Bulger were a stud (which he isn't), he's injury-prone. Favre may be over 40, but he's not missing games due to injury.

Collier11
3/4/2010, 12:24 AM
he is injury prone cus of that Oline, most QBs would be injury prone playing behind them :D

VA Sooner
3/4/2010, 08:00 PM
Vikings have a great o-line. Rams don't.

Need protection for Sammie... or whoever their QB will be... Bulger took a lot of hard hits and never got time to throw.

rawlingsHOH
3/5/2010, 10:17 AM
Vikings have one great o-lineman.

fixed

Eielson
3/5/2010, 04:45 PM
he is injury prone cus of that Oline, most QBs would be injury prone playing behind them :D

Wrong.

Collier11
3/5/2010, 04:50 PM
not wrong, you really are in a weird place sometimes

Eielson
3/5/2010, 04:59 PM
not wrong, you really are in a weird place sometimes

He got hurt even when he had one of the all-time greats protecting his blindside. He took so many hits under Martz's system that you can hardly keep his body together.

Collier11
3/5/2010, 05:00 PM
gotcha boss