PDA

View Full Version : .

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2010, 03:14 PM
Brian Jackson showed what I thought he was...4.5's type guy who is strong and can make a zone coverage defense squad...Could be a safety 5th-6th round maybe

Dom Franks...40 time is no shocker to me really..has never looked that fast to me...some of the guys in front of him underperformed but some of the guys in back of him overachieved...still think he is a late 3rd-4th round pick up

Trent Williams...a good workout, don't know about the interviews..I don't think his status has changed either way

GK....I truly thought he would run a little faster than he did...Bench reps were a little low..Suh did manage to have a better workout and Suh was the talk of the interviews as well..Really manages himself well, as does McCoy..Still in the same spot as before, probably less talk about being 1 though

Gresham..Not good numbers, but nobody really cares..everybody is very aware that he hasn't been able to run long enough to get back to 100%....Even though he is still the #1 TE, its possible a TE isn't taken in the 1st....He could go 20's to 30's, maybe up into the middle 2nd..

Clayton...6'1 229, enough said..Somebody may take a flyer on him but I dunno......glad he pulled off a good bench though..slower class of LB's this year helps

Brody Eldridge...I just don't know where he belongs...can he bulk up to 290 or so...Everybody knows he can block but blocking 16 games in the NFL is tough on a big body much less a smaller one...mjcpr brought up being a long snapper, which is possible...

Of course, Bradford's weight was the buzz for a while...Good interviews for him with the teams...Not much to say here

I think the Rams are playing games with people right now on who they may pick...I think a team in their position with so many needs has to go "best player available" and go with Suh..

I thought I read some questioning of the 40 time official and unofficial stuff.....and Taylor Mays issue is causing a lot of questions, the same questions I asked about the Calvin Johson time a few years back...

The NFL Network is not the "official" time keeper of the 40...The combine is..When you see a time go up, thats the NFL Network time, which is hand timed, or was this year..at the combine, when a player runs his 40, you hear a bunch of clicks going off when the player finishes because obviously not everybody is gonna click off at the same time...But their time means no more than the average scouts...

If Sam has a great pro day workout do you think that will sway the Rams or are they probably set on Suh now?

It could but IMO, it would have to be one of those "This guy is the next Peyton Manning" type workouts that would sway them...

Do they think he can come in and start right away..thats something they will consider...also, most teams think that next year is gonna be the year to get a franchise quarterback..

Here is what I would do if I was in charge of the Rams..

If they want Bradford, offer up a trade for that first spot to somebody wanting Suh..
or
Take Suh number 1

Grab Chad Pennington outta FA or trade that 2nd rounder for Vick

Pick up a WR in the 2nd or go with LB Sean Witherspoon..I would strongly consider going FA for the LB position..Dansby if available

Pick up a 3rd round OL talent..and so on

Collier11
3/3/2010, 03:19 PM
If Sam has a great pro day workout do you think that will sway the Rams or are they probably set on Suh now?

Collier11
3/3/2010, 04:08 PM
I had heard that Coxs mouth is hurting him.

Interesting tidbit I saw on tv the other day, apparently the ncaa issue and the intelligence issue isnt the only problem that teams see with Bryant. Apparently he had big issues getting to class and practice on time and they see him as very immature and entitled

badger
3/3/2010, 04:18 PM
When D drafted TRRW, they said that having him come from a college that was just up I-35 was definitely a factor. Do you see that being a factor in Texas and Missouri teams drafting Big 12 players, including ours?

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2010, 04:25 PM
When D drafted TRRW, they said that having him come from a college that was just up I-35 was definitely a factor. Do you see that being a factor in Texas and Missouri teams drafting Big 12 players, including ours?

Yes and its a major reason the Panthers may have Vick on their roster soon..dude is still a legend in that area from his days at vtech and blacksburg is just a 3 hour drive... Carolina brass thinks they can sell more tickets that way

Collier11
3/3/2010, 04:33 PM
I hear Philly is gonna pick up Vicks option, what would they try and get in a trade of him then? 3rd rounder?

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2010, 04:37 PM
Eagles want 2nd rounder..

Sorry, I'm at a highly irritable now and I just got a little ticked yesterday..

Jello Biafra
3/4/2010, 09:48 AM
why? it was going so well....

oudavid1
3/4/2010, 11:21 AM
Vick is not worth it, Niether is Cox, i would take Dez but make him work his tale off. Rams have to take Sam or Jimmy, they cant afford to pay a Dlinemen 1st pick money

badger
3/4/2010, 11:32 AM
re-title this thread the "Ask STEP about Combine" thread and you'll be fine. That other Combine thread is getting pretty long.

As long as you're all here...

1- Why do teams like the Texans take Mario instead of Bush? Are they really that cash-strapped, or just worried about a lengthy holdout?

2- Do you foresee the Rams doing this?

3- How many Sooners go in the first round and what order do they go in?

4- Say something mean about Tebow's combine :D

sooner59
3/4/2010, 12:20 PM
No leave it as a period, so people will automatically come here to find out what the thread is about. Just five star it already, lol.

Badg:

1: Maybe a little of both, but more likely the holdout.

2: You talking about Suh or McCoy over Bradford? If so, yeah they might, but not because of those reasons. If they really want a QB other than Vick, they will pony up the money, and no way does Sam hold out.

3: 1. Sam/McCoy 2. Sam/McCoy 3. Trent. 4. Gresham

4: He is slower than I thought, has a bad throwing motion that isn't a quick fix and I he needs a grown-up haircut. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
3/4/2010, 01:26 PM
re-title this thread the "Ask STEP about Combine" thread and you'll be fine. That other Combine thread is getting pretty long.

As long as you're all here...

1- Why do teams like the Texans take Mario instead of Bush? Are they really that cash-strapped, or just worried about a lengthy holdout?

2- Do you foresee the Rams doing this?

3- How many Sooners go in the first round and what order do they go in?

4- Say something mean about Tebow's combine :D

The thing between Bush and Williams is that it has to do with a best player available vs team need drafting technique....Luckily for the Texans, Casserly made the right call..

When a team like the Rams has a lot of team needs, you almost have to go with BPA, which is Suh...

Sooners in the first.....McCoy, Bradford, Williams, and possible Gresham in the 1st if anybody wants a TE that early

I've never seen such a wide viewpoint of a player as Tebow...some guys say late 2nd/ early 3rd, some say not at all....One GM says he'd like to give him a go at LB if he thought TT would do it...

badger
3/4/2010, 01:45 PM
All right STEP, now for something completely different. :)

The following are "smear cards." I want you to place them with a Big 12 player (or one that people on here are familiar, like Tebow) that they fit best with.

"This player played his entire college career at the wrong position and is now unwilling to switch!"

"This player is a head case that will be a team cancer."

"This player will holdout for too much money if we draft him too high."

"This player entered the draft?! THIS guy?! Shouda stayed for the senior year!"

"Boring. Yawn. Might fit a good role with the team, but won't sell jerseys or season tickets."

"I'm not gonna risk my career as a scout on this arsehole, d00shebag, sh!thead and other words banned at soonerfans.com!"

"Only taking this overrated dude if he doesn't get drafted."

And... go! :D

pappy
3/4/2010, 03:37 PM
most mocks have bradford, mccoy, williams, gresham and d.franks in the first round even after franks and gresham's combine workouts.

oh and tebow throws like a girl....sorry to any girl on here that would be offended with tebow's throwing ability being compared to them. maybe I should say tebow throws like an okie lite qb.

Collier11
3/4/2010, 03:45 PM
Franks will not be a 1st rounder, you are looking at the wrong mock drafts

Eielson
3/4/2010, 04:58 PM
Eagles want 2nd rounder..

I'm guessing they aren't truly planning on getting this. Are they?

Collier11
3/4/2010, 05:03 PM
If teams inquiring think he is a starter then yea

Jello Biafra
3/4/2010, 05:06 PM
if they think he is a start, it will be a team like kansas city or st louis...no line equals scramble for your life

pappy
3/4/2010, 06:13 PM
Franks will not be a 1st rounder, you are looking at the wrong mock drafts

I don't think so either...I think he goes 2nd round or early 3rd.

JLEW1818
3/4/2010, 07:15 PM
Mario Williams is a better NFL player than Reggie Bush.

I was mad when we took Mario. But it is the right choice. Mario > Reggie

he can go f himself

JLEW1818
3/4/2010, 07:16 PM
WalterFootball moved Bradford to number 1, Rams

After the 2009 NFL Draft was over, I wrote the following quote in one of my draft recap articles: "I realize this every April and I forget it by August... the NFL Draft is so tough to predict because there are just way too many dumb teams in the league."

Jimmy Clausen should be St. Louis' pick. He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford. He has better arm strength and has three years of experience in the West Coast offense. He's tough, and like Bradford, very accurate. Also, Clausen is not coming off shoulder surgery. In fact, Jimmy Clausen the best NFL-ready junior quarterback in NFL Draft history.

However, Sam Bradford is clearly in the lead for the No. 1 overall selection. This reminds of the 2005 NFL Draft when the 49ers opted for a weak-armed spread quarterback (Alex Smith) over a pro-style, strong-armed quarterback (Aaron Rodgers).

Now, I'm not saying Bradford is the next Alex Smith. I think Bradford will have a good career in the pros, and he's a fine option for the Rams. But Clausen is clearly the better (and healthier) prospect. I wrote an article for USA Today regarding why Clausen should be the No. 1 overall selection, which will be released on March 8, so stay tuned for that.

Despite the Clausen-Bradford argument, one thing is clear - the Rams are making the smart decision by taking a quarterback. No matter how awesome Ndamukong Suh is, he can't be the pick. Defensive tackle is not that important when you compare it to the quarterback position.

In business terms, drafting Suh over Bradford or Clausen would be like giving the best IT guy ever a 7-figure salary when you don't even have a CFO. That computer whiz could be the best IT guy in the history of the planet (i.e. Suh being compared to Reggie White despite the fact that White ran a 4.6 at 300 pounds), but devoting all of your resources to him would eventually force you to file for Chapter 11. On the bright side, you'd never have a single computer virus!

Oh, and by the way, Suh is not the "safer" pick because defensive tackles bust more often than quarterbacks.

VA Sooner
3/4/2010, 08:10 PM
Read that too on Walterfootball.com

Clausen will turn out to be a knuckle-head and not a team leader. Bradford with the good head on his shoulders, good work ethics and being a team player is the better choice... in the long run. He's bulked up to 236 pounds, studies playbooks and film like a monster, and is a good kid.

Agree with Walterfootball... Bradford is the better QB. And not biased in this opinion... putting myself in the hot-seat of a current NFL coach knowing my coaching future may depend on whether our first round pick is a bust or not.

fadada1
3/4/2010, 10:10 PM
living in philly now (and again), i'm reminded that phhily fans are the most unrealistic bunch out there. they want to be the best, but have done nothing to prove it in the way of drafting/trading. i've never been a donovan fan, despite his ability to throw the ball directly to receivers feet;) , but he WAS good for philly. that being said, philly will never go for SAM because philly simply doesn't want to win. problem here is they've already got a young QB that they're reluctant to go with... i'd love to see sam here, but ain't gonna happen.

My Opinion Matters
3/5/2010, 10:01 AM
Your boy Walter is a dip****, jlew.

badger
3/5/2010, 11:08 AM
living in philly now (and again), i'm reminded that phhily fans are the most unrealistic bunch out there.

Like Texas A&M, except with more booing of their own team.

If something good can be said about Philly, once a player's been there awhile and possibly endured a little bit of fan wrath, you earn their respect and they're a fan for life.

But... it's gotta be difficult to endure the fanbase's wrath early-on. If the fans think for one second that you're not earning your millions, they'll boo you. A lot.

NormanPride
3/5/2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, unless you're McNabb. Do they like him yet? He took them to a Super Bowl...

fadada1
3/5/2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, unless you're McNabb. Do they like him yet? He took them to a Super Bowl...

they love hime after a win, HATE him after a loss. the eagles could win a game 80-0, and they would still find reason to bitch about it. sports radio is great after a loss.

fadada1
3/5/2010, 01:27 PM
Jimmy Clausen should be St. Louis' pick. He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford. He has better arm strength and has three years of experience in the West Coast offense. He's tough, and like Bradford, very accurate. Also, Clausen is not coming off shoulder surgery. In fact, Jimmy Clausen the best NFL-ready junior quarterback in NFL Draft history.

based on what? 3 years with a losing record and two lossses to NAVY??? NAVY!!!!! notre dame doesn't actually play the toughest of schedules. i'm sorry, but that's like beano cook predicting ron paulus to win 4 heismans.

Scott D
3/5/2010, 04:00 PM
based on what? 3 years with a losing record and two lossses to NAVY??? NAVY!!!!! notre dame doesn't actually play the toughest of schedules. i'm sorry, but that's like beano cook predicting ron paulus to win 4 heismans.

Clearly Charlie Weis is overrated.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2010, 12:11 PM
All right STEP, now for something completely different. :)

The following are "smear cards." I want you to place them with a Big 12 player (or one that people on here are familiar, like Tebow) that they fit best with.

"This player played his entire college career at the wrong position and is now unwilling to switch!" Nobody so far..(Its hard to say Tebow played the wrong position, but I don't think he is willing to play another position)

"This player is a head case that will be a team cancer."(Perrish Cox)

"This player will holdout for too much money if we draft him too high."(Dez Bryant)

"This player entered the draft?! THIS guy?! Shouda stayed for the senior year!"(Jevan Snead)

"Boring. Yawn. Might fit a good role with the team, but won't sell jerseys or season tickets."(Golden Tate)

"I'm not gonna risk my career as a scout on this arsehole, d00shebag, sh!thead and other words banned at soonerfans.com!"(Perrish Cox)

"Only taking this overrated dude if he doesn't get drafted.(Sean Witherspoon)

And... go! :D.

badger
3/8/2010, 12:38 PM
Ah, I was hoping you'd answer my challenge - interesting that there isn't any player worthy of the Eric Crouch designation yet.

Good call on Jevan Snead - I guess he had in his mind before the season that he was going pro regardless and it's too late to change?

OK, more smear cards later... but for now... how bout some GOOD cards :D

"This player will make an immediate impact and will be a projected starter from the moment he inks his contract with us."

"I'm going to try to spread bad, false things about this player so that he falls to us! But it probably won't work."

"I'll draft him now, even though he probably won't contribute to our team for awhile."

"I love this player's attitude and team-first presence, even if he doesn't have the measurables and stats of some of the top guys."

"It would be a cold day in hell before this guy goes below the top 5 picks in the draft."

(once again, please choose players we've heard of! thanks in advance!)

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2010, 12:51 PM
Ah, I was hoping you'd answer my challenge - interesting that there isn't any player worthy of the Eric Crouch designation yet.

Good call on Jevan Snead - I guess he had in his mind before the season that he was going pro regardless and it's too late to change?

OK, more smear cards later... but for now... how bout some GOOD cards :D

"This player will make an immediate impact and will be a projected starter from the moment he inks his contract with us."Suh

"I'm going to try to spread bad, false things about this player so that he falls to us! But it probably won't work."Trent Williams

"I'll draft him now, even though he probably won't contribute to our team for awhile."Bradford

"I love this player's attitude and team-first presence, even if he doesn't have the measurables and stats of some of the top guys."Ben Tate

"It would be a cold day in hell before this guy goes below the top 5 picks in the draft."Suh

(once again, please choose players we've heard of! thanks in advance!)

Why did Jevan Snead go pro? Snead hates Houston Nutt and Nutt hates Snead...badly

badger
3/8/2010, 12:59 PM
Why did Jevan Snead go pro? Snead hates Houston Nutt and Nutt hates Snead...badly

Wait... didn't Snead transfer to be with the Nutter. Or... did Snead transfer to crazy Coach O before he got fired?

Those SEC coaching changes blend together after awhile :confused:

OK... because you're having so much fun... new rules!

1- Don't name any player you've named before and

2- Only honor/dishonor a player once... unless you can't help but name em again.

I guess technically 1 and 2 kind of go together... heh :O

"This player sucks, but we have a crazy fanbase and a crazier boss, so we're going to draft him regardless of what our scouting expertise says."

"I would have loved to draft this player last year if he was eligible... or the year before... hell, even out of high school, maybe!"

"This guy won't help us win, but he'll put butts in seats."

"I have a bad feeling that when we surpass this player like a few other teams, we're gonna regret it for the next 10 years."

"He's got potential, but there's too many red flags."

"This guy acts like he's already making millions and like he's in the NFL already!" (the Maurice Clarett/USC Mike Williams syndrome)

"Lazy bum. Will probably be fatter than that USC Mike Williams guy in a few years."

goingoneight
3/8/2010, 01:00 PM
Well... it's hard to get into a rhythm at Ole Miss as a QB. They shift over to that wild fag formation everytime they get a first down it seems.

NormanPride
3/8/2010, 01:01 PM
I wish Trent could fall to the Pack. :( I want a Sooner!

Collier11
3/8/2010, 01:17 PM
JLEW, walter is losing alot of credibility with the stuff he is saying about Clausen

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2010, 01:37 PM
Trent is falling back some...Reason?

The NFL teams like their LT's to be at least 6'5....Williams measured at 6'4 5/8....Yes I know thats silly but its the way most teams like it...Since that measurement, he has gone from being projected at LT to RT, which is a lower price, lower draft pick position..

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2010, 01:47 PM
Wait... didn't Snead transfer to be with the Nutter. Or... did Snead transfer to crazy Coach O before he got fired?

"This player sucks, but we have a crazy fanbase and a crazier boss, so we're going to draft him regardless of what our scouting expertise says."Jacoby Ford

"I would have loved to draft this player last year if he was eligible... or the year before... hell, even out of high school, maybe!" Eric Berry

"This guy won't help us win, but he'll put butts in seats."Taylor Mays

"I have a bad feeling that when we surpass this player like a few other teams, we're gonna regret it for the next 10 years."Ryan Matthews

"He's got potential, but there's too many red flags."Ryan Perriloux

"This guy acts like he's already making millions and like he's in the NFL already!" (the Maurice Clarett/USC Mike Williams syndrome)Jimmy Clausen

"Lazy bum. Will probably be fatter than that USC Mike Williams guy in a few years."Already fatter Terrence Cody

badger
3/8/2010, 02:02 PM
OK, I'm running out of one-liners. Let's go more direct... and you are allowed to name players that you've already named in the Smear Card challenge, just only name a player once in this post!

Will get the biggest contract:

Will unsuccessfully try to get the biggest contract:

Will holdout the longest:

Will make Sooner fans flip off their television screens when their name is announced on draft day:

Will make Mel Kiper full of shock and awe when their name is announced on draft day (either for being announced too late or too early):

Will get invited by the NFL commish's back room because his name isn't called right away on draft day a la Brady Quinn:

Most likely to throw team hat in disgust after getting drafted a la Vancouver Grizzlies guy:

Player most likely to have an awesome quoteable on Draft Day:

Coach most likely to have an awesome quoteable on Draft Day:

Most likely team/player/etc to get booed the loudest from the New York audience:

Most likely to get wildly cheered by the New York audience:

Most likely to get their rights traded first:

Team most likely to get panned on Draft Day for making the worst possible first round draft choice ever a la Sam Bowie or Ryan Leaf:

Team most likely to get panned 10 years from now for making the worst possible first round draft choice ever:

Player's story that will make you cry the most when his name is announced on Draft Day:

And... go! :D

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2010, 02:53 PM
OK, I'm running out of one-liners. Let's go more direct... and you are allowed to name players that you've already named in the Smear Card challenge, just only name a player once in this post!

Will get the biggest contract:Suh

Will unsuccessfully try to get the biggest contract:Eric Berry

Will holdout the longest:Joe Haden

Will make Sooner fans flip off their television screens when their name is announced on draft day:jimmy Clausen

Will make Mel Kiper full of shock and awe when their name is announced on draft day (either for being announced too late or too early):Jacoby Ford

Will get invited by the NFL commish's back room because his name isn't called right away on draft day a la Brady Quinn:Dez Bryant

Most likely to throw team hat in disgust after getting drafted a la Vancouver Grizzlies guy:Brandon Spikes

Player most likely to have an awesome quoteable on Draft Day:GK

Coach most likely to have an awesome quoteable on Draft Day:Rex Ryan

Most likely team/player/etc to get booed the loudest from the New York audience:Brandon Graham or Derrick Morgan whoever the dolphins and NE pick

Most likely to get wildly cheered by the New York audience:Golden Tate or Carlos Dunlap, the 2 players I think the Jets and Giants will take

Most likely to get their rights traded first:CJ Spiller

Team most likely to get panned on Draft Day for making the worst possible first round draft choice ever a la Sam Bowie or Ryan Leaf:Usual suspect...Oakland

Team most likely to get panned 10 years from now for making the worst possible first round draft choice ever:Cleveland

Player's story that will make you cry the most when his name is announced on Draft Day:Nobody really..GK's story is pretty moving though

And... go! :D.

badger
3/8/2010, 03:19 PM
OK... I'm out of challenges for you I guess. You win.

OH! Post a picture for us ladies to giggle and oogle at of who is the cutest player projected in the first round

Collier11
3/8/2010, 03:27 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/terrence-cody-fat.jpg

badger
3/8/2010, 03:32 PM
:mad: well, at least it wasn't jimmy clasen i guess :mad:

Collier11
3/8/2010, 03:33 PM
Not only was that rude of me but Cody isnt even a potential 1st rounder, I apologize Badg :D

Scott D
3/8/2010, 03:44 PM
Cody is hot....or so jlew told collier.

Collier11
3/8/2010, 03:49 PM
SD told me that I had a nice ***, just sayin

Scott D
3/8/2010, 03:53 PM
must be that other SD that posts on that other board. The one that goes by that alphanumeric name that he used here. :)

Eielson
3/8/2010, 06:53 PM
OH! Post a picture for us ladies to giggle and oogle at of who is the cutest player projected in the first round

On a scale of 1-10, rate Sam Bradford.

badger
3/9/2010, 03:11 AM
On a scale of 1-10, rate Sam Bradford.

He gets lots of bonus points for dressing in crimson... but even if I wasn't a biased Sooner fan, he definitely got cuter as he got older :D

gaylordfan1
3/9/2010, 03:51 AM
Proactive and muscle.... can't go wrong with that combination!