PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball Polls

soonerguild
3/3/2010, 02:45 PM
I'll update as the year goes but as of 3/1 here is how the major 5 polls have us.

Collegiate Baseball OU-17 ut-4
NCBWA OU-22 ut-6
USAtoday Coaches OU-22 ut-5
Baseball America OU-NR ut-3
Rivals OU-NR ut-5 ku-25

Notes: Last weekend SDSU took 2-3 from previously ranked San Diego. Now following that outcome SDU dropped from everypoll. The baseball america and rivals polls confuse me. In BA's poll SDU was 19 last week, lost 2-3 from a team we swept in 4 games, dropped from the polls, and yet we aren't getting love. Rivals is just as confusing considering that last week they ranked us the second best team in the conference. Following that we we won 2 of three, while ku won all three this past weekend. However our losses are comparable(ours to Jacsonville, ku lost to Eastern michigan), and at the time of those rankings we were 6-1 and ku was 4-1. Additionally in the USA today poll ku got 6 votes to our 161 to put them at 38th and were behing a&m. Should end up being meaningless as arkansas pounded ku last night 15-3.

Now I'm not a conspiracy guy but it sure seems like rivals and BA are just trying not to rank us considering we have risen in the other 3 polls each of the first 2 weeks.

Lets take 4 this weekend. 11-1 has a good ring to it, though I would settle for 3 of 4 and 10-2.

BOOMER SOONER

Ruf/Nek7
3/12/2010, 11:45 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/baseball/news?slug=kr-confcalls031210

Rivals.com has Conference Rankings which has OU at #2. Of course texass is 1 but it really doesnt seem like theyre too sold on leaving them there.

1.texass
2.OU
3.A&M
4.Kansas
5.Baylor

What gets me, is rivals polls has ku ranked and OU not yet they have us 2 spots better in the conference rankings.

soonerguild
3/12/2010, 12:36 PM
They did the same thing last week, I don't get it. I also don't understand how a team that is 11-1 isn't ranked at all. Mr. Rogers appears to be just trying not to rank us. Whatever.

Sorry for the delay but as far as the other polls go we moved up to 15 in the usa today, 16 in collegiate baseball, 25 in baseball america, and 19 in the NCBWA poll. Rivals is now they only poll that doesn't have us ranked.

Big weekend, it would be nice to beat UCLA, they are ahead of us in every poll.

NormanPride
3/12/2010, 01:09 PM
If we want to be a legit contender in the Big 12, we have to beat teams like UCLA.