PDA

View Full Version : Racisim

I Am Right
3/2/2010, 06:19 PM
A Stupid Mistake done on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Student apologizes for noose in UC San Diego library
The campus paper publishes an anonymous letter by a minority student who calls the incident 'a mindless act and stupid mistake.'
By Larry Gordon

March 2, 2010

The UC San Diego student reportedly responsible for hanging a noose last week in a campus library issued a public, but anonymous, apology Monday and said she had no racist motivation.

The noose's discovery set off protests at a school that is already tense from recent racially charged episodes and triggered condemnations from UC leaders and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In a letter published Monday on the front page of the UC San Diego student newspaper, the Guardian, the student wrote that the incident was "a mindless act and stupid mistake" and was not meant to recall the lynching of blacks.

"As a minority student who sympathizes with the students that have been affected by the recent issues on campus, I am distraught to know that I have unintentionally added to their pain," the student wrote. She was suspended Friday and remains under investigation for a possible hate crime.

The letter is signed "Anonymous UCSD Student" and offers no clues about her identity or ethnicity.

Sari Thayer, the Guardian's Web editor, said in an interview that the woman had asked the paper to publish the letter and that "a reliable source" confirmed its authenticity.

The woman wrote that she and friends had been playing with the rope early last week, making a lasso and then a noose.

She said that she took it to the library Tuesday, strung it above a desk and forgot about it. Its discovery Thursday night caused a firestorm on campus, where tensions were high after a Feb. 15 off-campus party that mocked Black History Month.

A campus official declined to comment on the letter and said that university police continue to investigate the incident.

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2010, 06:49 PM
Good Lord.

Those who look for racism in every message need to get a life.

Soonrboy
3/2/2010, 06:52 PM
She took a rope to the library, hung it up and forgot about it. Whatever.

royalfan5
3/2/2010, 07:08 PM
Who makes a nooses for fun? Besides, those into autoerotic asphyxiation, I suppose.

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 07:14 PM
Who makes a nooses for fun? Besides, those into autoerotic asphyxiation, I suppose.

Hell we all did it back when i was kid . Never thot anything about it .

royalfan5
3/2/2010, 07:21 PM

and I'm sure you and Moses had fun doing that while waiting for the Ark, but I don't think non-sexual rope play is big anymore.

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 07:27 PM
Someone needs to go on a rampage lynching white people for a few years so nooses can get back to just being inanimate neutral lengths of rope.

soonerinkaty
3/2/2010, 07:27 PM
I aint rascist, i hate everbody the same!

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 07:36 PM
Someone needs to go on a rampage lynching white people for a few years so nooses can get back to just being inanimate neutral lengths of rope.

Why do I get the creepy feeling that I'd be one of the first honkies to be strung up?

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 07:37 PM
Why do I get the creepy feeling that I'd be one of the first honkies to be strung up?

But you'd be making the sacrifice for the good of mankind and race relations so you'd be remembered fondly.

yermom
3/2/2010, 07:41 PM

yep. me too.

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 07:45 PM
So did David Carradine.

yermom
3/2/2010, 08:04 PM
i think he had help...

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2010, 08:25 PM

Farrakhan says he's willing to help.

fadada1
3/2/2010, 09:16 PM

maybe they'll let you sit on your scooter.

:D

Collier11
3/3/2010, 12:57 AM
whether it was intentional or not, people are becoming huge dbag pu**ies if this really is that big of a deal

SCOUT
3/3/2010, 01:13 AM
Did you know that I once saw a sickle on the side of the road. That town was obviously communist.

Harry Beanbag
3/3/2010, 02:26 AM

Because you weigh 90 pounds? :)

Scott D
3/3/2010, 04:58 PM
Seems to me this is a non story if not for the other incident at the off campus party that was completely unrelated to this.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 05:01 PM
I think people have confused the difference between stupidity and racism

Scott D
3/3/2010, 05:03 PM
Usually the second one is because of the first one. It's just ****ty timing on the part of the girl.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 05:04 PM
you can be stupid without being racist, you cant be racist without being stupid

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 07:47 PM
Stupidity on part of the university? Yeah.

Scott D
3/3/2010, 09:29 PM
What exactly did the university do?

Seems to me the people who had the party that created the tension were the stupid ones.

The girl who left the rope, and the apology in the school paper was just being absent minded.

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 10:03 PM
The stupidity was the ensuing brouhaha over a rope.

yermom
3/3/2010, 10:13 PM
that's what started the Jena ****e too, wasn't it?

AggieTool
3/3/2010, 10:41 PM
Where da white wimmin at?

JLEW1818
3/3/2010, 10:53 PM
I'm racist against the worthless.. the people who screw it up for everybody else!

I've had many friends who were dirt poor, worked full time, took classes at night, got the degree and made it! It can be done, just don't steal, and have 50 babies.... its not ****ing hard... and I'm not a smart human.

yermom
3/3/2010, 11:09 PM
worthless isn't a race ;)

Soonrboy
3/3/2010, 11:13 PM
No, the stupidity is hanging a noose in the library.

JLEW1818
3/3/2010, 11:14 PM
heh. they come in all colors!

Scott D
3/4/2010, 06:39 AM

The University didn't start anything, high tensions from the previous incidents created the brouhaha. How is the University responsible for the actions of students?

Honestly Leroy, that's like blaming OU for the Native American students that got upset because a couple of drunk frat boys thought it'd be "fun" to take a **** on a teepee that was constructed by other students.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/4/2010, 10:06 AM
Hear about the Black History month school parade in LA where teachers gave kids portraits to march around with???

Seems some male teachers chose OJ Simpson, RuPaul and Dennis Rodman's portraits for the kids and they marched with them. Some people are upset as is the NAACP and want the teachers fired...

Oh, the teachers are white.

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2010, 10:25 AM
Now THAT is some intentionally racist shat!

Jello Biafra
3/4/2010, 10:31 AM
Did you know that I once saw a sickle on the side of the road. That town was obviously communist.

o scyyyythe....i thought you meant you saw a sickle cell on the side of a road and i was like "whats he doing just carrying around a microscope?"

anyone remember what mother said in full metal jacket?

yermom
3/4/2010, 10:43 AM
if i'm gonna die for a word, i choose poontang

wait, what were we talking about?

Jello Biafra
3/4/2010, 10:44 AM
if i'm gonna die for a word, i choose poontang

wait, what were we talking about?

specifically.....

"hey jigaboo. thank god for the sickle cell"

TheHumanAlphabet
3/4/2010, 01:17 PM
Now THAT is some intentionally racist shat!

I don't know if it is racist or not, but it is rather humorous and incendiary.

It would be like if there was a White History Month parade and the kids marched with potraits of Richard Nixon, Jeremy Shockey and Dame Edna...