PDA

View Full Version : OU vs UT-Arlington

Ardmore_Sooner
3/2/2010, 03:59 PM
First home game of the year!

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:53 PM
Going for 7-1, who is on the mound tonight?

oudavid1
3/2/2010, 05:13 PM
how much are nice tickets?

Collier11
3/2/2010, 05:14 PM
cheap, its more fun IMO to take a lawn chair, an adult beverage in a sonic cup, and sit in right field

Boomer.....
3/2/2010, 05:23 PM
Can't you bring beer in coolers?

Collier11
3/2/2010, 05:27 PM
it just depends, if you have beer in a cooler and are openly drinking beer sometimes the campus po po will get on you although last time I went I saw several people openly drinkins so maybe they lightened up?

I got in trouble one time for having open containers, no ticket but they told me to get rid of it. Since then I just put the alcohol in the back of my truck and park across the street so I can refill my sonic cup

Boomer.....
3/2/2010, 05:41 PM
Gotcha. I remember seeing pictures of Dusty out there pounding beers. :D

I need to make it out there this season.

Ruf/Nek7
3/2/2010, 05:54 PM
should be a good game tonight. UTA has always quietly put together a devent team. Im counting down to the OU/tcu matchup later this season, man that was a hell of a game last year here in Fort Worth!

Lott's Bandana
3/2/2010, 06:25 PM
I looked at SoonerSports and it shows a 3pm start. I looked at Gametracker and it shows OU 4-2, Top 9.

KREF doesn't have game on...I thought they were doing all the games?

Now it's 4-3, no outs. DAMMMMMMMIT!

This happened last night when I turned on the BB game when we were up by 13...immediately fell apart.

I'm going to not look at the score again for about a half hour.

:mad:

Lott's Bandana
3/2/2010, 06:38 PM
It was 4-3 with UTA runner at second. Batter grounds out to second base, giving Duke the save and OU their home opener win!

OU 4-7-1
UTA 3-7-1

WP Ryan Gibson 7 innings, 4 hits, 1ER, 4SO, 1BB

Collier11
3/2/2010, 08:07 PM
Two points,

1) These early games keep throwing me off, I need to keep a closer eye on the schedule I guess

2) Ryan Gibson has looked good thus far

Collier11
3/2/2010, 08:14 PM
Does this mean JR Robinson is gone from the weekend rotation?

"He's really looked good," said Golloway on Gibson's performance. "There's a reason he was drafted last June in the Major League Baseball draft. What we wanted to do, is not put too much on him too early, and bring him along, and he's showing that he is ready for more. It's Tuesday, he pitched well, and there is a good chance we can bump him to the back side of the weekend rotation and let him start taking off from there."

Ruf/Nek7
3/2/2010, 09:48 PM
Could just be a tactic to push J.R. its good to see that we have enough guys to challenge eachother and in the long run, help us find the best pitchers! Very beneficial

Lott's Bandana
3/3/2010, 09:38 AM
KREF is only doing evening and weekend games. I called them.

NMSooner'80
3/3/2010, 11:02 AM
I got the live audio through soonersports.com. That was a nice way to handle afternoon work on the computer - just keep the game going while I'm doing "important" things here at UNM.

soonerguild
3/3/2010, 11:27 AM
cheap, its more fun IMO to take a lawn chair, an adult beverage in a sonic cup, and sit in right field

That's exactly what I do and have been since I was in school. I was out there yesterday but it got pretty chilly when the clouds came thru.

As far as the alcohol thing goes here is what I've noticed. Two years ago they were ridiculous and had the ole po po coming around 4-5 per game. However last year I don't remember ever seeing a policeman patrolling the outfield. Now that could be due to A) people we being less open about it, or B) they don't care as much.

Though it will probably never be the glory days as it was when I was in school and we would bring kegs and beer pong tables out there, I think they have lightened up allitle as long as everyone minds there business. The people that got the university pissed don't come much anymore anyways.

Collier11
3/3/2010, 12:03 PM
and picks up their own trash, simple things like that are what causes them to get on us moreso

soonerguild
3/3/2010, 12:30 PM
and picks up their own trash, simple things like that are what causes them to get on us moreso

Agreed, I am always the trash police when my group leaves. Good point tho