PDA

View Full Version : Yer fave NANCY SINATRA song!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/2/2010, 03:51 PM
Prolly gotta go with "Some Velvet Morning"

soonerbrat
there's more than one nancy sinatra song? :confused:

C&CDean
I didn't know she did anything other than Boots.

3/2/2010, 03:54 PM
I didn't know she did anything other than Boots.Then, you must be one of those Bob Dylan fans, huh?

3/2/2010, 03:55 PM
there's more than one nancy sinatra song? :confused:How old are you, kid?

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 04:12 PM
How old are you, kid?

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 04:13 PM
Wow.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 04:17 PM
Wow.

wow what?

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2010, 04:21 PM
She's an aging has-been with little real talent that will do anything for publicity. If her last name was "Smith" she would today be entertaining tourists in Tijuana.

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 05:00 PM
Then, you must be one of those Bob Dylan fans, huh?

That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. I'm no Dylan fan, but dude has tons of material that he actually wrote himself.

Nancy Sinatra has a famous dad. She was/is uglier than the ***-end of a pregnant aardvark, and was barely average as a singer.

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2010, 05:12 PM
In other words, she's the female Gary Lewis.

(Although I admit to liking many of his songs.)

3/2/2010, 06:00 PM
That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. I'm no Dylan fan, but dude has tons of material that he actually wrote himself.

Nancy Sinatra has a famous dad. She was/is uglier than the ***-end of a pregnant aardvark, and was barely average as a singer.That's one of the dumber things I've seen you say. My point was I've known Dylan fans that weren't really into music, but liked him, anyway. I know I wasn't clear, and was just funnin' around, but for you to call it dumb, when you didn't even know WTF I was talking about, wasn't particularly impresive.

Now, Nancy Sinatra. She had a decent voice, and certainly wasn't great looking, but ugly? no, a bit skanky perhaps. Anyway, she actually had quite a few hits, some of which I liked a lot. Besides "Some Velvet Morning", there were 6-8 more hit songs that were duets with singer/songwriter Lee Hazlewood, who I think is from Arizona. These include "Summer Wine, Sand, I've Been Down So Long it Looks Like Up to Me, Friday's Child, and Lady Bird". Lee also wrote the song "Tony Rome", a hit single by Nancy. He wrote "Sugartown", another hit by Nancy, and "How Does That Grab You Darlin'".

3/2/2010, 08:34 PM
wow what?Yeah, huh?

yermom
3/2/2010, 08:53 PM
She's an aging has-been with little real talent that will do anything for publicity. If her last name was "Smith" she would today be entertaining tourists in Tijuana.

that's not a very nice thing to say about Brat :eek:

and i like Bang Bang, but i had never heard it before Kill Bill

3/3/2010, 12:31 AM
and i like Bang Bang, but i had never heard it before Kill BillWas that the same Bang Bang that Cher did?

Veritas
3/3/2010, 01:57 AM
Whatever she was humming during her Playboy shoot.

lexsooner
3/3/2010, 07:39 AM
Prolly gotta go with "Some Velvet Morning"

Didn't she get kidnapped and then released because she sang too much to her kidnappers? :) Wait, that was Jr.

sooneron
3/3/2010, 09:40 AM

:hot:

and I could care less about any other song than boots by that no talent yainch.

yermom
3/3/2010, 09:46 AM
Was that the same Bang Bang that Cher did?

apparently... i had no idea it was a Cher song written by Sonny Bono

my music knowledge from '66 is a bit sparse :)

3/3/2010, 11:47 AM
Didn't she get kidnapped and then released because she sang too much to her kidnappers? :) Wait, that was Jr.Nancy Jr.? Is she Dean's child?

Rhino
3/3/2010, 11:58 AM
Besides "Some Velvet Morning", there were 6-8 more hit songs that were duets with singer/songwriter Lee Hazlewood, who I think is from Arizona. Nancy would be nothing musically without Hazelwood. He wrote a huge chunk of her material, including "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'".

Hazelwood lived in Arizona a few years as a DJ after the Korean War and also spent time in Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada and Sweden.

But, he's the pride of Mannford, Oklahoma.

3/3/2010, 12:10 PM
Nancy would be nothing musically without Hazelwood. He wrote a huge chunk of her material, including "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'".

Hazelwood lived in Arizona a few years as a DJ after the Korean War and also spent time in Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada and Sweden.

But, he's the pride of Mannford, Oklahoma.I always thought he sounded more country than most people from AZ do. Here's the definitive Sinatra-Hazlewood CD, for anyone interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/Greatest-Hits-by-Nancy-Sinatra-CD-Feb-1996-Anima_W0QQitemZ110493130793QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusi c_CDs?hash=item19b9e76029

SoonerStormchaser
3/3/2010, 12:12 PM
"You Only Live Twice"

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 01:56 PM
Since we're talking about Nancy Sinatra, why not open the discussion up for other has-beens in the industry. What's your favorite song from The Fifth Dimension? Personally, I like "Up, Up, and Away..."

And which member of the Solid Gold dancing team was the best?

StoopTroup
3/3/2010, 03:18 PM
Nancy probably has a whole closet of lizard skin boots. I like her.

Stitch Face
3/3/2010, 03:31 PM

I'M A [WO]MAN!

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 03:37 PM
I think StoopTroup has me on an RSS feed.

lexsooner
3/3/2010, 03:43 PM
Nancy Jr.? Is she Dean's child?

No, silly. Frank Jr. He was kidnapped many years ago by a couple of small time crooks. Jr. was released unharmed and the crooks busted.

3/3/2010, 07:41 PM
Since we're talking about Nancy Sinatra, why not open the discussion up for other has-beens in the industry. What's your favorite song from The Fifth Dimension? Personally, I like "Up, Up, and Away..."

And which member of the Solid Gold dancing team was the best?They had beaucoup hits. I've always loved their rendition of the Laura Nyro song "Save the Country". Let's go has-been AND deceased: Marty Robbins? I'll go with "Don't Worry", there.

Solid Gold Dancing Team...are any of them famous?, or good?

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 07:53 PM
Unlike the others we have been discussing, Marty Robbins had talent. He's considered a legend.

I was being sarcastic about The Fifth Dimension. They sucked.

Not that I can tell.

A Sooner in Texas
3/3/2010, 08:19 PM
No, silly. Frank Jr. He was kidnapped many years ago by a couple of small time crooks. Jr. was released unharmed and the crooks busted.

Nancy Jr. is actually the daughter of Frank (ol' blue eyes) and his first wife, Nancy, who he threw over for Ava Gardner. Nancy Jr.'s bro is Frank Jr., the one who was kidnapped.

And, it's "Boots" in a landslide. :D

3/3/2010, 08:30 PM
And, it's "Boots" in a landslide. :DHel*, like Dean, I bet you don't even know her other songs.

3/3/2010, 08:32 PM
Unlike the others we have been discussing, Marty Robbins had talent. He's considered a legend.

I was being sarcastic about The Fifth Dimension. They sucked.

Not that I can tell.You must be a whorn, the way you are attracted to orange.

Stitch Face
3/3/2010, 08:34 PM
They had beaucoup hits. I've always loved their rendition of the Laura Nyro song "Save the Country". Let's go has-been AND deceased: Marty Robbins? I'll go with "Don't Worry", there.

Marty Robbins? Big Iron. By, like, a mile.

A Sooner in Texas
3/3/2010, 08:45 PM
Hel*, like Dean, I bet you don't even know her other songs.

Hel*, my family had her frickin' album when it was originally released.

There's a really good version of "Summer Wine" by The Corrs (an Irish pop group) and Bono, if you want to look for it. I'm sure you're a huge fan of Bono. :D

A Sooner in Texas
3/3/2010, 08:51 PM
One song she covered is "Run for Your Life," a Beatles song on Rubber Soul. She ****ed up a lot of good songs.

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2010, 09:00 PM
You must be a whorn, the way you are attracted to orange.

I'm not sure I fully understand.

One song she covered is "Run for Your Life," a Beatles song on Rubber Soul. She ****ed up a lot of good songs.

Sounds like good Starbucks Compilation CD material. I'm listening right now to some singer destroying the Clash's "Train in Vain." God I hate her, whoever she is.

Stitch Face
3/3/2010, 10:37 PM

Sounds like good Starbucks Compilation CD material. I'm listening right now to some singer destroying the Clash's "Train in Vain." God I hate her, whoever she is.

Annie Lennox did Train in Vain. Of course, about a gajillion others have, too.

3/4/2010, 12:00 AM

A thread about a singer you don't like...you don't need to tell us(me) you don't like her. Like any subject that pi*ses you off...either "just don't click", or succinctly just say you don't like her...BUT, NO, you go and bring up yet another act or 2 that you don't like, for some reason. Not a big deal, of course.

Leroy Lizard
3/4/2010, 12:37 AM
And the orange?

3/4/2010, 01:41 AM
And the orange?Congrats on the new non-whorn/lOSUr/vols/beavers color.

Leroy Lizard
3/4/2010, 02:13 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one that dislikes Nancy Sinatra.

proud gonzo
3/4/2010, 02:33 AM
I can't think of a single Nancy Sinatra song I can tolerate.

3/4/2010, 02:40 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one that dislikes Nancy Sinatra.She's horrible, isn't she? Lets' bane her from something.

3/4/2010, 02:44 AM
I can't think of a single Nancy Sinatra song I can tolerate.Yer younger than Brat. You can't think of a single Nancy Sinatra song!( Oh, you've read the names, earlier in this thread) Come on, Sonny and Cher fans, You can offer Nancy a little support, no?

Leroy Lizard
3/4/2010, 02:49 AM
Ask fans of the Starlight Vocal Club.

3/4/2010, 02:58 AM
Ask fans of the Starlight Vocal Club.One-hit wonders, as far as I know. They will need some help from the Pacific Gas and Electric Company, or maybe Jon and Robin.

proud gonzo
3/4/2010, 06:36 PM
Yer younger than Brat. You can't think of a single Nancy Sinatra song!( Oh, you've read the names, earlier in this thread) Come on, Sonny and Cher fans, You can offer Nancy a little support, no?

1. These Boots are made for Walking, Bang Bang, You Only Live Twice theme...

2. Somehow you mistakenly think i actually read the rest of this thread :rolleyes:

3. I am a Sonny and Cher fan. Nancy Sinatra, on the other hand, makes my teeth hurt.

3/4/2010, 06:50 PM
1. These Boots are made for Walking, Bang Bang, You Only Live Twice theme...

2. Somehow you mistakenly think i actually read the rest of this thread :rolleyes:

3. I am a Sonny and Cher fan. Nancy Sinatra, on the other hand, makes my teeth hurt.Rest assured that I will not personally report you to the Nasty Nancy Worldwide Fanclub.

sooneron
3/4/2010, 10:20 PM
No talent yainch, I'm shocked that RLIMC is a fan. :rolleyes: