PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever been pulled over...

OU_Sooners75
3/2/2010, 04:06 AM
only to find out that your license was expired and you have no insurance on the car you are driving?

If so, how bad did it hurt?

SteelClip49
3/2/2010, 09:28 AM
Reminds me of an illegal mexican.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 09:33 AM
i haven't but I know people that have. looking at a few hundy probably.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/2/2010, 09:42 AM
All I know is you need to sleep on your back when they haul you off.

And have friends and relatives send you soap on a rope to keep you from dropping it.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 09:43 AM
i know a good defense attorney

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 09:55 AM
only to find out that your license was expired and you have no insurance on the car you are driving?

Sure, lots of times. Then I quit smoking weed and all the other drugs and it hasn't been a problem since.

How bad did it hurt? Can't remember, I got high and I missed it...

Soonrboy
3/2/2010, 10:01 AM
they'll hit you with the expired license, could be close to a thousand. If you can prove you had insurance when you were stopped, but just didn't have the proof on you, you can take the proof to the courthouse and they'll drop it. Lessons from having a stupid brother.

the_ouskull
3/2/2010, 05:56 PM

You may be sitting on half a bill, man. Seriously. Look it up on the state's website...

the_ouskull

Mjcpr
3/2/2010, 06:05 PM
In Oklahoma, if you can't prove the vehicle was insured (it's your responsibility as the driver) when you were driving, you will get an automatic suspended license.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 06:09 PM

Yep, and I was arrested. I had this speeding ticket from one of my trips home to Texas. My parents told me to just give it to them and they'd take care of it...well they forgot. In the meantime, my license was revoked for the unpaid ticket which I had assumed had been paid.

Flash forward a bit, I was coming home one night from seeing SicEmEx and I get pulled over for a tail light. He tells me to get out of the car and to put my hands on the hood and he starts arresting my ***. I kept asking, "for a burned out tail light? Are you serious?" He wouldn't tell me why he was arresting me until he got me in the squad car. Spent about 8 hours in jail.

I'm very bitter about the entire thing.

GrapevineSooner
3/2/2010, 06:14 PM
My dad got a letter in the mail indicating my license was expired a month after I moved back to Texas way back in August of 1995.

Got a speeding ticket in Tuttle in January. Paid it, but for whatever reason, it never got filed.

Fortunately, I knew exactly where the receipt was and told my dad.

Issue resolved.

fadada1
3/2/2010, 06:47 PM
to quote tom cruise in the firm... it's going to feel like you got f-ed by an elephant.

good luck to you. seriously.

badger
3/2/2010, 06:52 PM
If you an Oklahoma citizen and are reading this right now, CHECK YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. Now. If you let it expire it becomes very complicated to get it renewed. You have to provide a lot more documentation after it expires than if you get it renewed before it expires.

Not worth the hassle, especially not worth the risk of getting pulled over with an expired license. Look at it now.

To prove that I've looked at it, here is my expiration date: July 31, 2009... oh shi........

:P just kidding, its 2010.

Kimberlyz4OU
3/2/2010, 07:03 PM
yeah, it happened to me ---- I only got a $35.00 no seat belt ticket. This was in Feb/March-my license expired in January. My insurance was with my new title etc on my bar at home.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 07:18 PM
If you an Oklahoma citizen and are reading this right now, CHECK YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. Now. If you let it expire it becomes very complicated to get it renewed. You have to provide a lot more documentation after it expires than if you get it renewed before it expires.

Not worth the hassle, especially not worth the risk of getting pulled over with an expired license. Look at it now.

To prove that I've looked at it, here is my expiration date: July 31, 2009... oh shi........

:P just kidding, its 2010.

Mine expired in June. I just noticed it a week ago. I'm waiting for Florida to send me a copy of my birth certificate, so I can go renew it.

tulsaoilerfan
3/2/2010, 07:19 PM
The state should send out renewal forms in the mail like they used to; hell they could even email them

yermom
3/2/2010, 07:24 PM
expired license isn't that bad, is it? (as opposed to suspended)

the insurance on the other hand...

SunnySooner
3/2/2010, 08:06 PM
Do you have insurance, just no proof or no insurance at all? Big diff.

fadada1
3/2/2010, 09:14 PM
The state should send out renewal forms in the mail like they used to; hell they could even email them

see mail thread for further details.:D

SanJoaquinSooner
3/2/2010, 10:27 PM
SicEm, just what part of the word illegal do you not understand?

;)

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 10:40 PM
There is no law that can restrain the mighty SicEm!