PDA

View Full Version : Guess everyone is down in Austin cheering?

oumartin
3/1/2010, 09:47 PM
Pathetic

yankee
3/1/2010, 09:49 PM
i'm trying to do some accounting homework while watching...since we're actually winning, i've gotten nothing done hw wise. that's ok, i enjoy seeing cade rain shots down from the rafters. :D

Eielson
3/1/2010, 09:49 PM
No. I'm watching the game instead of posting on a forum. I can do as I wish.

sooner518
3/1/2010, 09:52 PM
i dont get it. doing homework and had the sound turned down.....

JLEW1818
3/1/2010, 10:23 PM
Crocker hurt

tommieharris91
3/1/2010, 10:30 PM
Tiny just swatted someone trying to posterize him.

Eielson
3/1/2010, 10:37 PM
Hightower is worthless.

A guy jumps on TMG, makes him lose the ball, and then in an obvious jump ball situation he calls a foul on TMG. WTF?

First time Knight has ever seen a foul with two players on the floor on their backs.

yermom
3/1/2010, 10:47 PM
i love Cade Davis

within 2...

JLEW1818
3/1/2010, 10:52 PM
fu.ck sports

sooner518
3/1/2010, 10:54 PM
nice homecookin for the horns there.... even Bobby Knight thinks so....

Rocko
3/1/2010, 10:55 PM
These refs are absolute ****, its unbelievable.

yankee
3/1/2010, 10:56 PM
what a surprise, big 12 refs sucking dick.

NorthernIowaSooner
3/1/2010, 10:57 PM
ol eddie just blew that call too. knight has a point, the ref shouldnt motion for him to get up like nothing happened, he saw him get knocked down on an obvious charge and to motion for him to get up is pretty bad.

sooner518
3/1/2010, 10:59 PM
we stopped getting Tiny the ball and hes startin to dog it out there...

NorthernIowaSooner
3/1/2010, 11:00 PM
knight is a bit goofy as an announcer, said something earlier about davis being a good player off the bench even though hes a starter and he wasnt sure why there was a time out after wright fouling out even though there always is for a substitution after a foul out. he may be losing it a bit

Eielson
3/1/2010, 11:02 PM
When the hell is Hightower going to retire?

tommieharris91
3/1/2010, 11:08 PM
Demon James = loyal. Heh. :mad:

Eielson
3/1/2010, 11:09 PM
Apparently Cade Davis may be the best shooter in the conference. Ha!

sooner518
3/1/2010, 11:10 PM

surely he was being sarcastic.....right?

yeesh.:rolleyes:

yermom
3/1/2010, 11:29 PM

**** that guy.

Scottie Reynolds too

Salt City Sooner
3/1/2010, 11:35 PM
When the hell is Hightower going to retire?
That ego he has that's about the size of Nebraska won't allow him to quit. I'd bet body parts that he keels over on the court before he leaves voluntarily.

nighttrain12
3/2/2010, 12:34 AM
Just 4 more wins and we make the NCAA tournament!

OUmillenium
3/2/2010, 10:59 AM
knight is a bit goofy as an announcer, said something earlier about davis being a good player off the bench even though hes a starter and he wasnt sure why there was a time out after wright fouling out even though there always is for a substitution after a foul out. he may be losing it a bit

He said the same thing about Davis during the last OU game he called. Might have been v KU.

NMSooner'80
3/2/2010, 11:53 AM

How appropriate! Capel wouldn't even mention him by name for a couple of years, after the stunt he pulled with having a relative impersonate himself with Capel on the phone. :mad:

...sooner
3/2/2010, 12:00 PM
How appropriate! Capel wouldn't even mention him by name for a couple of years, after the stunt he pulled with having a relative impersonate himself with Capel on the phone. :mad:

whhhat? i didnt hear about that. pathetic.

NMSooner'80
3/2/2010, 02:19 PM

http://newsok.com/berry-tramel-damion-james-situation-turns-out-ok-for-everyone/article/3347546?custom_click=lead_story_title

Salt City Sooner
3/2/2010, 02:24 PM

Jeff Capel wouldn’t even say the name.

For a full year, including two games against the player whose name would not be uttered, Capel stewed.

It wasn’t so much that Damion James had stiffed the Sooners, had backed out of a letter of intent signed when Kelvin Sampson was coach. It was how James went about it.
"It was a tough situation for everyone,” Capel said. "You’d like to think you’re dealing with the type of kid or kids who would be straight up with you.”
But Capel now calls his anger "immature.” He says the name, "Damion James,” with ease and with praise. Even said that last season, when the Sooners arrived in Birmingham, Ala., for the NCAA Tournament, Capel took a moment to dream.
"I made the comment, ‘Imagine if we had a front line of Blake (Griffin), Longar (Longar) and Damion James,’ ” Capel said.
Well, I imagine Louisville wouldn’t have cold-cocked OU 78-48 in the tournament’s second round.
But that’s immature thinking, too. OU didn’t keep James when Capel arrived in April 2006, didn’t have James in Birmingham and won’t have him tonight in Austin, Texas, where for the seventh time the Longhorn forward will play against the school with which he originally signed.
And that’s OK. Everything has turned out swell for all parties.
Capel’s front line is doing fine, with the Griffin brothers and newcomer Juan Pattillo, and his second-ranked Sooners are 25-1, with the No. 1 slot likely if OU beats Texas.
And James has prospered at Texas, where he’s played in six NCAA Tournament games, started for three seasons, scored 1,155 points and grabbed 871 rebounds.
"I’m a big believer that you get the guys you’re supposed to get,” Capel said. "It worked out best for everyone.”
But that was hard to see three years ago. When Capel took the OU job, three of Sampson’s five recruits sought release from their letters of intent. The Sooners acquiesced, figuring they would lose upon NCAA appeal anyway.
Scottie Reynolds went to Villanova, Jeremy Mayfield to Alabama-Birmingham and James to Texas. Only James’ defection rankled Capel.
Capel admittedly begged James to stay a Sooner. Capel says his wife, Kanika, was listening to his side of the phone conversation and cried over the humiliation.
Worse yet, Capel discovered that at one point, James had handed the phone to a male relative, who masqueraded as James while Capel pleaded.
Capel blames the begging on himself. He blames the deception on James.
"I didn’t like the way some things went down,” Capel said.
But Capel’s anger has passed. He has matured, which is no small feat for a coach. He better understands the emotions of James, Reynolds and Mayfield.
"I think they felt betrayed,” Capel said, referring to the coaching change after Sampson went to Indiana. "When that happens, maybe you feel like just taking care of yourself.”
So bygones are bygones. All’s well that progresses well. Capel can again say the name, "Damion James.”

http://newsok.com/berry-tramel-damion-james-situation-turns-out-ok-for-everyone/article/3347546?custom_click=lead_story_title

The thing I'm missing:

Damion James is so loyal to UT that he signs with OU in the first place.

Damion James is so loyal to OU that he leaves OU when Sampson left, & then proceeds to totally jerk around a man whose worst crime against James was trying to get him to come & play at the place he'd already said he'd be at.

WHERE exactly is this big gushing river of loyalty at?

As far as I'm concerned, both spring & mouth of said stream start & end with Damion James.

badger
3/2/2010, 02:56 PM
This is Texas we're talking about. If you aren't one-and-done like Kevin Durant, you're loyal. Also, you're loyal if you're one-and-done like Kevin Durant, but still maintain a slight resemblance of fandom of the school after leaving.

As for Austin cheering, much like the cheering seemed to get louder from the burnt orange side when Sammie went down in the RRS, the cheering seemed to get louder when Crock went down in the second half.

When the football and basketball gods strike at these guys, they are going to hit them a hell of a lot harder than they hit OU this past season.

...sooner
3/2/2010, 03:23 PM
This is Texas we're talking about. If you aren't one-and-done like Kevin Durant, you're loyal. Also, you're loyal if you're one-and-done like Kevin Durant, but still maintain a slight resemblance of fandom of the school after leaving.

As for Austin cheering, much like the cheering seemed to get louder from the burnt orange side when Sammie went down in the RRS, the cheering seemed to get louder when Crock went down in the second half.

When the football and basketball gods strike at these guys, they are going to hit them a hell of a lot harder than they hit OU this past season.

--this & when it happens its gonna be great.

& NOW i dislike james even MORE. what a lame.

badger
3/2/2010, 03:49 PM
If I was Capel's wifey I would have been in tears over that too... Jeff really, really cares about basketball and coaching. For James to pull that stunt was really not a very nice thing to do.

Damion James [To Jeff Capel] Jeff! Come here, you'll love this.
[Jeff takes a seat]
Damion James: The first Thursday of every month, we go to a local orphanage, pick out a kid, fill out all the paperwork, and then don't take him home! It's hilarious!
Jeff: That sounds kinda cruel.
Damion James: Naw, naw you'll love it, it's great.
[Cutaway to a small orphan sitting on the steps of an orphanage, red suitcase in hand]
[Damion James and Jeff Capel drive up to the front, and the orphan runs to the car]
Damion James: [During this, the orphan tries to open the door to the car, unsucessfully] Come on! Come on in! Your family's waiting in here! There are toys, and a puppy! And food that's not served from warming trays!
[The orphan desperately tries to open the door, and then bangs on the window of the door, as a small puppy eagerly presses up against the glass, barking]
Damion James: Come on, you gotta want it!
[Orphan throws the briefcase at the window, only for it to bounce off the glass]
Damion James: Aw, you gotta do better than that! Okay i guess you don't want a new family, toys and a puppy.
[They drive off, the orphan running after them despairingly]
Damion James: Hahaha, and now, I'm going to Texas instead of Oklahoma!
Jeff: Good riddance.

...sooner
3/2/2010, 04:04 PM
If I was Capel's wifey I would have been in tears over that too... Jeff really, really cares about basketball and coaching. For James to pull that stunt was really not a very nice thing to do.

Damion James [To Jeff Capel] Jeff! Come here, you'll love this.
[Jeff takes a seat]
Damion James: The first Thursday of every month, we go to a local orphanage, pick out a kid, fill out all the paperwork, and then don't take him home! It's hilarious!
Jeff: That sounds kinda cruel.
Damion James: Naw, naw you'll love it, it's great.
[Cutaway to a small orphan sitting on the steps of an orphanage, red suitcase in hand]
[Damion James and Jeff Capel drive up to the front, and the orphan runs to the car]
Damion James: [During this, the orphan tries to open the door to the car, unsucessfully] Come on! Come on in! Your family's waiting in here! There are toys, and a puppy! And food that's not served from warming trays!
[The orphan desperately tries to open the door, and then bangs on the window of the door, as a small puppy eagerly presses up against the glass, barking]
Damion James: Come on, you gotta want it!
[Orphan throws the briefcase at the window, only for it to bounce off the glass]
Damion James: Aw, you gotta do better than that! Okay i guess you don't want a new family, toys and a puppy.
[They drive off, the orphan running after them despairingly]
Damion James: Hahaha, and now, I'm going to Texas instead of Oklahoma!
Jeff: Good riddance.

--oo bahahahah!!

Leroyt
3/2/2010, 08:35 PM
No offense, but that "anecdote" is presented without even a sliver of substantiation. If there's some out there somewhere, I'd love to see it.