PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong w/ Colt McCoy's perception of reality?

MI Sooner
3/1/2010, 09:38 PM
First those ridiculous comments after the Big XII Championship game, and now he says, "I ran a four-six forty" at the combine.

Uh, no you didn't. (http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers)

Stitch Face
3/1/2010, 09:59 PM
And on a related note, I'm willing to bet there are multiple threads on orangepower about how Zac Robinson totally smoked Tebow and McCoy.

setem
3/1/2010, 10:14 PM
What did he say after the Big XII?

MI Sooner
3/1/2010, 10:18 PM
Re: WTF is wrong w/ Colt McCoy's perception of reality?
What did he say after the Big XII?

I was referring to the immediate post-game interview when, after being asked about the crazy clock management, he asserted that he knew exactly how much time was left and things turned out exactly as he planned.

No one in their right mind would intentionally throw an incomplete pass well downfield, trying to time it so that the ball landed with a couple tenths of a second left.

He clearly thought that there was more time left and/or didn't understand when the clock stopped on incomplete passes.

MI Sooner
3/1/2010, 10:21 PM
Oh, and since I didn't give the source, his "four-six forty" comment came from his interview at the OU-Texas basketball game.

badger
3/1/2010, 11:17 PM
pbbth a few tenths. Just stick an asterisk after it and you've got close enough to the truth.*

*Facts not included ;)

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 02:13 AM
Oh, and since I didn't give the source, his "four-six forty" comment came from his interview at the OU-Texas basketball game.

Yeah I caught that as well and was like WTF? Guess he's calling the scouts, and electronic measuring/timing devices inaccurate. That ought to score some points... ;)

Herr Scholz
3/2/2010, 02:18 AM
Didn't he beat you guys 3 times? Must be horrible. Or maybe that's why you don't like him?

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 02:27 AM
I didn't say I don't like him, he's a great athlete and won a record amount of games for your team. And seems to be the most respected rival QB you all have had as far as I can remember.
I just don't like people that blatantly lie to make themselves look better. A 4.6 isn't the same as a 4.79...there's quite a bit of difference in those two numbers in regards to 40 times. It's almost a "let's see if I can fool anybody" stunt. Very similar to after the Nebraska game, the things he said in a couple interviews following that game and in the days following that game, they just didn't add up. Anyways, bottom line is that the scouts know what he really ran...that's what matters.

Herr Scholz
3/2/2010, 02:33 AM
Very similar to after the Nebraska game, the things he said in a couple interviews following that game and in the days following that game, they just didn't add up.
What do yo mean there?

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 02:39 AM
What do yo mean there?

If I recall correctly immediately following the game in the on the field interview he said he knew there were 8 seconds (or maybe he even said 10) on the clock when the center snapped the ball to him, so he said he knew exactly how much time was on the clock. Seriously, first of all however much time he said was left on the clock was inaccurate, and secondly even if there was the amount of time left on the clock that he said..you mean to tell me that he timed the landing of the ball so well that he knew there would be one second left? Another thing is he was confused as to the rule of when the clock stops.
Furthermore I heard him on a radio interview a couple days after that game and what he said then conflicted with what he said immediately following the game. (can't remember the specifics of that interview, but I do know it conflicted). So that's what I mean there.

Herr Scholz
3/2/2010, 02:45 AM
OK. He had the time in his head. And besides, everone agrees the 1 second should have been on the clock. Sounds like bitterness to me.

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 02:51 AM
OK. He had the time in his head. And besides, everone agrees the 1 second should have been on the clock. Sounds like bitterness to me.
"Had the time in his head"...okay, well that's a fine assumption, I guess...but even if that's honestly the case, the time in his head was inaccurate.
No bitterness here, just stating some facts to explain my comment to you per your request.
And I agree that he was certainly lucky enough that the ball hit with one second left. When they replayed it, that was obvious. Like I said, lying to make oneself look better or try to fool people, that's what I don't like. Has nothing to do with being bitter, nice try though.

Herr Scholz
3/2/2010, 02:58 AM
Perhaps you don't know the story. Perhaps calling a top notch individual a "liar" is a bit much. You ever save anyone's life by swimming across a lake? Probably not. Maybe giving this guy the benefit of the doubt here might be warranted. But you're not bitter.

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 03:03 AM
Perhaps you don't know the story. Perhaps calling a top notch individual a "liar" is a bit much. You ever save anyone's life by swimming across a lake? Probably not. Maybe giving this guy the benefit of the doubt here might be warranted. But you're not bitter.
Don't know the story? What the hell are you even talking about. I already told you the story. Hell, Colt himself told us the story.
And back to the main point of this thread, Colt himself said he ran a 4.6, just a couple of hours ago on live television. So if he wasn't lying or trying to fool anyone, he just simply has his facts wrong...kind of like that "clock in his head" I'm guessing.
Maybe you should chill out and quit being so damn defensive.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 03:04 AM
At best, Colt is too proud to admit he is wrong. The 40 thing doesnt matter but he is not even close to the truth

The post game deal has nothing to do with being bitter, it has to do with a D1 Heisman caliber QB not knowing the game situation. He said he knew the situation post game when it was evident that he nearly had the biggest f*** up in D1 football in quite a while in ruining his teams shot at a natl title cus he lost track of the time on the clock.

Think of it this way Herr, if Suh doesnt get so much pressure on Colt he likely wouldnt have even thrown it away, then you guys lose and dont play for a natl title...how would that have made you feel as a fan? It wouldve been an all time bonehead play

And dont pull this Overprotective BS, I cant speak for HSV but you can look back at all of my posts and I have consistently said that he is the 1st horn that I can ever remember that I truly respect and hope does well in the nfl

OU-HSV
3/2/2010, 03:13 AM
At best, Colt is too proud to admit he is wrong. The 40 thing doesnt matter but he is not even close to the truth

The post game deal has nothing to do with being bitter, it has to do with a D1 Heisman caliber QB not knowing the game situation. He said he knew the situation post game when it was evident that he nearly had the biggest f*** up in D1 football in quite a while in ruining his teams shot at a natl title cus he lost track of the time on the clock.

Think of it this way Herr, if Suh doesnt get so much pressure on Colt he likely wouldnt have even thrown it away, then you guys lose and dont play for a natl title...how would that have made you feel as a fan? It wouldve been an all time bonehead play

And dont pull this Overprotective BS, I cant speak for HSV but you can look back at all of my posts and I have consistently said that he is the 1st horn that I can ever remember that I truly respect and hope does well in the nfl

Exactly.
And I must say I used the wrong words in my last post, "defensive" wasn't as good a description as "overprotective".

oudavid1
3/2/2010, 03:40 AM
Colt McCoy was a great player in a great system at Texas, that dosnt mean he can lie....cause he went to Texas!!!

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 04:28 AM
He's the nicest delusional whorn I've ever seen!

Jacie
3/2/2010, 07:13 AM
Didn't he beat you guys 3 times? Must be horrible. Or maybe that's why you don't like him?

He can't even clean Gardere's cleats . . .

goingoneight
3/2/2010, 09:32 AM
We should argue with the refs EVERYTIME a pass is thrown out-of-bounds during the game against Tejas this year. I'm pretty sure the average playclock is rarely if ever timed according to when the ball hits the ground.

badger
3/2/2010, 09:50 AM

A&M beat is 2-2 against you in the last four seasons. You must really, really suck based on that one, single matchup.

(see? your logic is aggie-like)

KantoSooner
3/2/2010, 09:51 AM
For God's sake people, let it lie. He's gone to the pros. Not part of the rivalry anymore. It's over.

Now, stand by for more Tebow trashing, 24/7!

SoonerLB
3/2/2010, 11:13 AM
Oooooohhh! Tebow trashing! Now there's a subject that needs no end! ;)

oudavid1
3/2/2010, 11:25 AM
Lets put it this way, Half of Colts wins in college came againist div 2 teams or teams that play in stadiums of less than 10000 people. Its a joke and he played in a system....good luck in the pros.

TexasLidig8r
3/3/2010, 12:59 PM
Lets put it this way, Half of Colts wins in college came againist div 2 teams or teams that play in stadiums of less than 10000 people. Its a joke and he played in a system....good luck in the pros.

By all means set forth the 23 wins Colt led over DII teams and teams that play in a stadium seating fewer than 10,000 people.

(Can't wait to read this.)

cvsooner
3/3/2010, 01:02 PM
Colt's gone. Good luck to him. He'll need it. I don't think he'll make it in the pros. But best of luck to him.

oudavid1
3/3/2010, 01:16 PM
By all means set forth the 23 wins Colt led over DII teams and teams that play in a stadium seating fewer than 10,000 people.

Who would you rather have, Jimmy Clausen or Colt McSystem?

MojoRisen
3/3/2010, 01:32 PM
Mccoy! Clausen is a Doosh and overated... The kid reminds me of Chris Simms

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/3/2010, 01:46 PM

the kid had more understanding of the metagame of college football than just about any QB i've ever seen. i still remember the 3 PF penalties he got on the sidelines by falling any time that our defenders got near him. that was one of the best examples of gamesmanship i've seen since barry sanders faking like he was going out of bounds and then staying in bounds for 10 more yards.

however, sometimes you get just a wee bit too fancy and almost shoot yourself in the foot. the fact that he knew enough to argue for the 1 second, goes back to the gamesmanship.

oudavid1
3/3/2010, 01:47 PM

Clausen had no defense, no running game, no O-line. McCoy put up 17 Offensive points on Colorado!!!!

mehip
3/3/2010, 01:58 PM
Clausen had no defense, no running game, no O-line. McCoy put up 17 Offensive points on Colorado!!!!

And Colt put a more than a few points on us over the years. Oh, and he did i with just about no running game or tight end worth mentioning. Respect where it is due in my opinion.

TXBOOMER
3/3/2010, 02:33 PM

Give you D and the best QB in college getting hurt credit for beating us this year. Pony boy tried to throw us pick sixes we just couldn't catch them. I don't like him because he is a whorn...I have no problem admitting it.

DakotaSooner
3/3/2010, 11:30 PM

I don't like him for obvious reasons. He was good, but like Tebow, I don't like him.

SoonerShark
3/4/2010, 01:35 AM

Of course, in 2009, he got to play a Sooner team without its Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and barely won against one of the worst Sooner teams in ten years that was decimated by injuries. In 2006, WWE refs called an incomplete forward pass that went from the 11 to the 12.5 yard line a fumble that was returned for a UT TD, which was counted on the scoreboard even if not in fact, which was coupled with a failure to call multiple UT interferences against Sooner receivers. In 2008, twice he failed to relate to the refs that actually a Sooner defensive player held him up to keep him from being injured, which was wrongly called a personal foul, which kept UT scoring drives going. All in all, against OU, he was more lucky than good. But why let the facts stand in the way of the recognition. Of course, in 2008, at the scene of where Texas Tech was granted a first down on its final drive against OU in 2005 for going 8.5 yards of the ten normally required for a first down and being granted said first down, UT lost to Texas Tech, a team that lost by 7 TDs to the Sooners a few of weeks later. Of course, UT forgot that it was beaten by Tech, or as it should soon be known, UTT.

fwsooner22
3/4/2010, 09:10 AM
I always get a smile when I read or hear the lovefest the ** have for Colt. Don't get me wrong I like and respect the guy but is he really the reason for all those wins ? There were others playing and didn't they almost win a national championship game without him.

Here is something about Colt that is not opinion and it is not open for discussion. Here is his list of National Championships and Heisman Trophies.

goingoneight
3/4/2010, 09:52 AM

Didn't Colt put up monster numers AT Colorado the year before? Heh... it's like meaningless stats mean something nowadays!

Clausen is Chris Simms' clone, period. His "NFL measurables" is the only reason people know who the hell he is.

Now, again I ask you... are you really trying to compare collegiate careers of McCoy and Clausen? Really?

goingoneight
3/4/2010, 09:54 AM
I always get a smile when I read or hear the lovefest the ** have for Colt. Don't get me wrong I like and respect the guy but is he really the reason for all those wins ? There were others playing and didn't they almost win a national championship game without him.

Here is something about Colt that is not opinion and it is not open for discussion. Here is his list of National Championships and Heisman Trophies.

Here is Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning's Heisman trophies, too.

NormanPride
3/4/2010, 10:24 AM
I'm just glad to see Scholz back over here. This place was getting pussified without people like him. Welcome back, *******. :D

Collier11
3/4/2010, 12:16 PM
Scholz is done with his turn getting buttseccsd, Lid is going to take over

SoonerLB
3/4/2010, 12:40 PM

I totally agree with the first half of that sentence! The second half almost makes me feel sorry for Chris Simms ............ I said 'almost'. :D

fwsooner22
3/4/2010, 01:27 PM
Here is Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning's Heisman trophies, too.

Wow....really ..... and that's on topic how ?

My point is not about Colt. It's about the UT fan ! Do you get it !

I was at the UT/UTPan AM baseball game Tuesday nite in Austin (family friend got his first start for UT). You know what the hot topic was in the stands ? Colt McCoy and the draft. You guys who have the luxury of going to OU baseball games....do you hear draft talk about Sam in the stands. I bet not.

That's my point. I couldn't care less about Brady, Roethlisberger and Manning. Wow.

TXBOOMER
3/4/2010, 01:43 PM
I wish all of OUr boys the best in the NFL. Them getting drafted high helps recruiting. But I would take OU wins and Championships over anything any of them ever do in the Pros. Thanks for the memories and good luck boys but BOOMER SOONER!

cheezyq
3/4/2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah I caught that as well and was like WTF? Guess he's calling the scouts, and electronic measuring/timing devices inaccurate. That ought to score some points... ;)

You never know, he might be right. I mean, looking at those combine numbers, I don't see a single UF player that ran under a 4.48. That's flat impossible. The numbers MUST be wrong.

sooneredaco
3/4/2010, 02:22 PM

We could say that about a lot of players, but please don't tell me that your really comparing pony boy to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Here is no comparison.

OU-HSV
3/5/2010, 07:31 AM
You never know, he might be right. I mean, looking at those combine numbers, I don't see a single UF player that ran under a 4.48. That's flat impossible. The numbers MUST be wrong.

:D

PLaw
3/5/2010, 08:14 AM
I didn't say I don't like him, he's a great athlete and won a record amount of games for your team. And seems to be the most respected rival QB you all have had as far as I can remember.
I just don't like people that blatantly lie to make themselves look better. A 4.6 isn't the same as a 4.79...there's quite a bit of difference in those two numbers in regards to 40 times. It's almost a "let's see if I can fool anybody" stunt. Very similar to after the Nebraska game, the things he said in a couple interviews following that game and in the days following that game, they just didn't add up. Anyways, bottom line is that the scouts know what he really ran...that's what matters.

C'mon on now. I'm sure he has been told since he walked onto the campus in Fagstin that he runs a 4.6. Once you hear misinformation (lies) for so long, you start believing it.

BOOMER

Blitzkrieg
3/5/2010, 09:05 AM
WTF is wrong w/ Colt McCoy's perception of reality?

He's a Texan.

oudavid1
3/5/2010, 09:37 AM
He's a Texan.

Born and Raised

oudavid1
3/23/2010, 11:36 AM

Sorry it took so long, it didnt see that you really wanted an answer, i finally looked it up and 15 of the games he won were against teams that average less than 10,000 patrons per game at the year of the game. But i still maintain the fact that he is not as good as Jimmy Clausen.....in my opinion. Im not biased, hes a good football player.

badger
3/23/2010, 11:43 AM
I really think Colt had the opportunity of a lifetime that just kind of fell into his lap with Texas. The same thing about happened to Sammie, but the difference was that Sam got a Heisman and a few more Big 12 trophies. Colt, on the other hand, might have led his team to quite a victories, but only has one Big 12 trophy to show for it.

As an end result, a marginal college prospect will end up with a shot at an NFL career and tons of whorn fans who will take care of him if it doesn't work out. Not too shabby.

goingoneight
3/23/2010, 12:04 PM

Great list, indeed. My point was that these guys...

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger
... were just as "accomplished" coming out of college.

Wow....really ..... and that's on topic how ?

My point is not about Colt.It's about the UT fan !Do you get it !

I was at the UT/UTPan AM baseball game Tuesday nite in Austin (family friend got his first start for UT). You know what the hot topic was in the stands ? Colt McCoy and the draft. You guys who have the luxury of going to OU baseball games....do you hear draft talk about Sam in the stands. I bet not.

That's my point. I couldn't care less about Brady, Roethlisberger and Manning. Wow.

So the UT fan who drools over Colt McCoy is no different than the OU fan drooling over AD. He was their guy and a pretty damn good one for a while. People all over the state are talking about Sam and where he's going right now... so I would imagine there's probably a peep or two about it in sporting venues down in Norman, USA.

Leroy Lizard
3/23/2010, 12:09 PM
I'm not a fan of Colt, but he certainly had a lot to do with UT's winning.

Take Steve Davis. No one gives him all that much credit, but somehow the team won and won and won under his guidance. Everyone considers Thomas Lott the better QB, but we didn't win as much with him playing.

badger
3/23/2010, 12:55 PM
Colt got a chance nobody else under Mack Daddy - four year starting quarterback at Texas.

I imagine every football player in Texas (minus the Aggie brainwashed and the Sooner transplants that do not abuse their children with burnt orange) dreams of that opportunity. Texas had Major Applewhite, Chrissy Simms, Chance Mock and Fumbles McScramble before Colt. I think they were all more highly recruiting and none of them, except Colt, got four whole years at QB, minus a few injury games.

He is incredibly fortunate for such an opportunity. It doesn't matter if he exaggerated his 40 time or doesn't do much in the NFL. He's already done more than he's supposed to. Good for him.

OUmillenium
3/23/2010, 01:02 PM
Fumbles McScramble, so fitting of a name, I hope it never dies!

Jacie
3/23/2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Colt, but he certainly had a lot to do with UT's winning.

Take Steve Davis. No one gives him all that much credit, but somehow the team won and won and won under his guidance. Everyone considers Thomas Lott the better QB, but we didn't win as much with him playing.

That has been my point about sa*et and one of contention atwixt me and Scholz, that Ponyboy has almost single handedly (with a little help from his roommate) made up for weakness at other positions in the whorn offense, weaknesses which may be exposed this year.

Herr Scholz
3/23/2010, 04:20 PM
That has been my point about sa*et and one of contention atwixt me and Scholz, that Ponyboy has almost single handedly (with a little help from his roommate) made up for weakness at other positions in the whorn offense, weaknesses which may be exposed this year.

Brown and Davis tailored the offense around him the past few years, basically putting the games in his hands because they thought he was our best shot. Because of this, we haven't been developing a solid running game for a while (which obviously came back to bite us in the national title game when we didn't have the run to fall back on).

Apparently, we're changing that strategy now that he's gone. Going more under center, having the O line push again instead of backing up all the time, using the TE and H back in the run game more, having more 2-back sets, etc. Not to say Gilbert won't be good but it looks like they're going to more of a balanced attack again. Even, gasp, play action.

Will it be as good? Who knows. Is it foolish to tinker with an offense that has put up so many points? We'll see. I think the running game will definitely improve though. But of course we're breaking in 3 new starters on the O line so it might take a while. Definitely a rebuilding year for us in '10. Davis has shown the ability over the years to craft the offense out of the talent he has at the time. Compare the offenses we had with Ricky and Ced vs. the one with VY vs. the one with Colt. Different styles.

Leroy Lizard
3/23/2010, 04:34 PM
Davis has shown the ability over the years to craft the offense out of the talent he has at the time.

You may want to post that message at Hornfans.

Herr Scholz
3/23/2010, 04:41 PM
Oh I know. Davis gets a lot of grief. Our offenses consistently put up a lot of points though. Sometimes he can be a little stubborn or flat out dumb on some playcalling though.

NormanPride
3/23/2010, 04:51 PM
I think that's true of most OCs. Wilson is a master at designing an offense and then calling stupid plays.

Davis has been better about adjusting mid-game recently. I don't know if it's him, or if you guys picked up a GA or assistant that helps there.

badger
3/23/2010, 04:56 PM
Oh I know. Davis gets a lot of grief. Our offenses consistently put up a lot of points though. Sometimes he can be a little stubborn or flat out dumb on some playcalling though.

So have you guys eaten Gilbert Grape alive yet after his losing effort in the Rose Bowl/MNC, or is your fanbase understanding of the situation he was thrown into?

Leroy Lizard
3/23/2010, 06:05 PM
Uhhh, we can't talk.

fossil
3/24/2010, 12:08 PM

Perhaps you could do us all a favor and carry leave the board for other destinations. I agree his statement about knowing exactly how much time was left was BS. Say boodbye now!

fossil
3/24/2010, 12:12 PM

Do you really, really think Colt will be as good as any of these guys? Really? The only one he may be able to approach is Rothlisberger in the number of rapes he actually committed. Ha!