PDA

View Full Version : Order of operations on a BLT....

royalfan5
3/1/2010, 06:36 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the best way is from bottom to top, bread-miracle whip-tomato-bacon-lettuce-miracle whip-bread.

Viking Kitten
3/1/2010, 07:03 PM
BMWTBLMWB...needs a little mnemonic device such as "Please excuse my dear aunt Sally" to help you remember. "Be my wigga, then be like, man...what boobs!"

SoonerInKCMO
3/1/2010, 07:17 PM
I continue to be baffled about why people would ruin a perfectly good bacon sandwich by putting vegetables on it.

yermom
3/1/2010, 07:49 PM
i'm more concerned about the Miracle Whip

soonerinkaty
3/1/2010, 08:00 PM
I continue to be baffled about why people would ruin a perfectly good bacon sandwich by putting vegetables on it.

I completely agree. BLT no T please.

Chuck Bao
3/1/2010, 11:19 PM
I am full on with the T and the L. But, the T needs to be garden fresh and juicy. That store bought stuff just doesn't taste the same.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/1/2010, 11:23 PM
Any of you guys bake bacon?

I have yet to do it, but reports from the field says it is the cat's *** for BLTs.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/1/2010, 11:33 PM
with a homegrown tomato, one does not need whip, miracle or otherwise.

ouwasp
3/2/2010, 12:25 AM
I would say go light on the whip... and do not use yellow tomatoes. And a little Tabasco makes good things better. :)

Ardmore_Sooner
3/2/2010, 01:25 AM
Drop the Miracle Whip. Add spicy mustard.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 01:43 AM
Whenever I order a BLT I always ask them to hold the "LT" part. Essentially, I just like bacon sandwiches. Nothing but very well done and crispy bacon between two pieces of bread and a load of ketchup.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 01:44 AM
Whenever I order a BLT I always ask them to hold the "LT" part. Essentially, I just like bacon sandwiches. Nothing but very well done and crispy bacon between two pieces of bread and a load of ketchup.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 02:14 AM
BLTs are often overlooked as one of the best sandwiches

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 04:39 AM
First off, only real mayo. Secondly you have to shield the bread from the tomato. Tomato goes between the lettuce and enough bacon that the tomato doesn't sog the bread. I thought this **** was common knowledge.

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 04:40 AM
Oh...and add some friggin' onions.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:47 AM
Its not a BLOT

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 04:52 AM
It should be.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:55 AM
dont think so

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 05:05 AM
Well, these other posters are suggesting making it into a B, so I can have my BLOT!

Collier11
3/2/2010, 05:07 AM
those suggesting it should just be a B probably think a pb&j should just be a pb

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 05:15 AM
Lose the jelly and mix the pb with some tasty syrup!

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 10:05 AM
Anybody but a no-account dumbass knows the order is:

Toast-mayo-bacon-tomatoes-lettuce-mayo-toast.

You put the tomato between the bacon and lettuce to prevent the toast from getting soggy. Momma makes them with homeade bread, tomatoes from the garden, lettuce (or sometimes fresh spinach) from the garden, and fresh bacon from the neighbors' hog. You have never had a better sammich in your life than about 3 of her blts.

And don't be coming up in here with all that "keep the veggies off my blt" bull**** either. If you wanna talk about bacon sammiches, start your own ****ing thread. And people that don't like tomatoes like it in the ***.

SteelClip49
3/2/2010, 10:16 AM
mayonnaise or miracle whip on any kind of sandwich (except tuna) is just plain stupid. That's just as stupid as adding ketchup to a burger or to a hot dog.

Mayo/MW belongs only on a tuna sandwich.

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 10:21 AM
WTF do you know? You cum over raw fish. That tells me all I need to know about your eating habits.

TUSooner
3/2/2010, 10:44 AM
Mayo beats MW every time. Once you've had real mayonnaise, you'll never eat that fakey Miracle Whip crap again.

Also, pay 'tention to Dean's scientific construction method! Whether you use toast or bread, the tomato must be insulated from it with the bacon & lettuce.

Finally, anybody who advocates putting mustard on a BLT must DIE !!!!

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 10:47 AM
No **** on the mustard. Mustard goes on hot dogs, ham sammiches, burgers, and sausages. It does NOT go on a blt, and neither does ketchup.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2010, 11:48 AM
I'd like to B my L on some Ts.

goingoneight
3/2/2010, 12:45 PM
I'd like to B my L on some Ts.

Goddammit! Last post in the thread beat me to it! :mad:

:D

1890MilesToNorman
3/2/2010, 12:48 PM
I tell the waitress to bring me a blt sammich, end of story. If it's good I get another one, if it ain't I no come back.

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 12:54 PM
I know additives are a no-no, but I think adding fresh basil is pretty kickass.

Toast
mayo + cayenne
bacon
tomato
basil
lettuce
mayo + cayenne
toast

MMMM.

sooner_born_1960
3/2/2010, 01:02 PM
If it isn't made in order (B L T), I usually forget something. And, since I loath WM and mayo, I skip the condiments.

texas bandman
3/2/2010, 01:03 PM
i'm more concerned about the Miracle Whip

Yep give me a BLT with mustard any day!

badger
3/2/2010, 01:15 PM
The last BLT I made for NP and I...

1- Squirt two wheat bread slices with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray.

2- Two pieces of WISCONSIN AND WISCONSIN ONLY Colby cheese between the two slices.

3- GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL TIME!

4- While you appear to be making a grilled cheese, Nuke some microwave bacon in the microwave.

5- When bacon is done nuking, add the bacon (usually microwaves undercook this type of bacon) to the cheese sandwich in the Foreman to add crispiness.

6- While your bacon and cheese sandwich is Foremaning, slice tomatoes and lettuce.

7- When your sandwich is done Foremaning, remove and add lettuce and tomato.

The not-butter spray will add a nice color to the outside of the sandwich. The cheese will help crisp the bacon and hold it in place (ever have a BLT where the bacon just falls out right away? boo!). Like all sandwiches, veggies are entirely optional, but make you feel better about eating it.

Enjoy!

soonerboy_odanorth
3/2/2010, 01:15 PM
You want something that will really fry your noodle... go for the Elvis and add bacon.

(For the dummies in the audience, an Elvis is a grilled pb&banana sammich.)

And btw, ketchup only goes on hot dogs if you are like, 4 years old... or Minnesotan, which I am not.

And furthermore, a quality brat needs nothing.... unless you go chili and cheese.

And you idiots that dump piles of relish on any of the above should have your heads forcibly submerged in a vat of sweet pickles.

And who the hell eats sweet pickles anyway? DELI. KOSHER. and here is an extra period for emphasis: .

yermom
3/2/2010, 01:31 PM
Yep give me a BLT with mustard any day!

mustard on a BLT just sounds weird.

mayo.. miracle whip is teh gross

yermom
3/2/2010, 01:33 PM
The last BLT I made for NP and I...

1- Squirt two wheat bread slices with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray.

2- Two pieces of WISCONSIN AND WISCONSIN ONLY Colby cheese between the two slices.

3- GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL TIME!

4- While you appear to be making a grilled cheese, Nuke some microwave bacon in the microwave.

5- When bacon is done nuking, add the bacon (usually microwaves undercook this type of bacon) to the cheese sandwich in the Foreman to add crispiness.

6- While your bacon and cheese sandwich is Foremaning, slice tomatoes and lettuce.

7- When your sandwich is done Foremaning, remove and add lettuce and tomato.

The not-butter spray will add a nice color to the outside of the sandwich. The cheese will help crisp the bacon and hold it in place (ever have a BLT where the bacon just falls out right away? boo!). Like all sandwiches, veggies are entirely optional, but make you feel better about eating it.

Enjoy!

i might have to defer the judges on this one, but i think you have left the realm of BLT and into "grilled cheese"

JohnnyMack
3/2/2010, 01:36 PM
i might have to defer the judges on this one, but i think you have left the realm of BLT and into "grilled cheese"

Yeah she's totally disqualified.

goingoneight
3/2/2010, 02:00 PM
We might have better luck agreeing on music or politics.

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 02:07 PM
mayo.. miracle whip is teh gross

Ah horse**** now. If you were blindfolded, and somebody put a dab of MW in your mouth and then a dab of mayo do you really think you could tell the difference?

I prefer real mayo (Walt only uses Hellmans Mayo in his tater salad), but I honestly don't know if I could tell the difference in a blind test.

soonerboy_odanorth
3/2/2010, 02:13 PM
Ah horse**** now. If you were blindfolded, and somebody put a dab of MW in your mouth and then a dab of mayo do you really think you could tell the difference?

I prefer real mayo (Walt only uses Hellmans Mayo in his tater salad), but I honestly don't know if I could tell the difference in a blind test.

Pig**** on the horse****! That's like saying you can't tell the difference between a fresh jalapeno and a fresh habanero in a blind test... or that you can't tell the difference between Jim Beam and OVJ. You absolutely can tell the difference...MW has a sickly sweet flavor not posessed by the more savory mayo. (And Walt is correct: Hellmans is the only way to go.)

Now let that be a lesson to you, mister! :D

Collier11
3/2/2010, 02:14 PM
there is a huge diff, miracle whip is much sweeter

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 02:41 PM
MW versus Mayo . I like em both. And I can taste the Diff.
Now as to a BLT . If ya dont put the lettuce and Mater on it then its NOT a BLT . Simple

I like to add Avocado with mine, so then its NOT a BLT its Just a great sammich:D

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 02:44 PM
Now as to a BLT . If ya dont put the lettuce and Mater on it then its NOT a BLT . Simple

I like to add Avocado with mine, so then its NOT a BLT its Just a great sammich:D

I do believe avocado would be tasty.

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 02:49 PM
I do believe avocado would be tasty.

That make a FINE Sammich
I like a layer of Bacon after the Mayo on the toast, layer of Avocado some garlic salt then Mo bacon , then the L an T with reg salt .

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 02:50 PM
Oh and the Mater do go in between the bacon and Lettuce .

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 02:50 PM
Major spek for the avocado.

I use MW sometimes if the bread has a distinct flavor. I love pumpernickel, and sometimes a dab of MW will make that bread shine even more. Of course, if you use mayo with some stuff mixed in (like sriracha) then it's even better. But in a pinch MW will do.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/2/2010, 03:30 PM
So is that a BLAT or a BALT?

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 03:53 PM
Major spek for the avocado.

I use MW sometimes if the bread has a distinct flavor. I love pumpernickel, and sometimes a dab of MW will make that bread shine even more. Of course, if you use mayo with some stuff mixed in (like sriracha) then it's even better. But in a pinch MW will do.

Do you know how ****ing gay this sounds?

1890MilesToNorman
3/2/2010, 03:56 PM
I didn't realize there were so many ways to mess up a BLT Sammich. :eek:

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 03:58 PM
Do you know how ****ing gay this sounds?

What's gay about adding spice to mayo?

Okay, even the word pumpernickel sounds gay, yes. I realize that. It's still tasty.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:03 PM
or the avacado, its a tad ghey ;)

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 04:05 PM
Nothing gay about guacamole.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 04:06 PM

Okay, even the word pumpernickel sounds gay, yes. I realize that. It's still tasty.

I think all the best tasting things sound gay.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:09 PM
Nothing gay about guacamole.

guacamole and avocado are different entities

like dudes wiener :D

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 04:17 PM

gb2 ur vethpa

:mad:

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 04:33 PM
guacamole and avocado are different entities

like dudes wiener :D

Any one dont like Avocado sucks a big one .:eek:

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 04:36 PM
Avocado is great. We actually eat one almost every night with dinner. Sliced, sometimes on a salad, sometimes on a turkey sammich or something. However, don't try and call a BLT with avocado a BLT. Some things are holy and aren't to be ****ed with. Good whiskey and a BLT both fall in this category.

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 04:38 PM

Avocado is great. We actually eat one almost every night with dinner. Sliced, sometimes on a salad, sometimes on a turkey sammich or something. However, don't try and call a BLT with avocado a BLT. Some things are holy and aren't to be ****ed with. Good whiskey and a BLT both fall in this category.

Pay tention Dean
Thats what i said :D

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 04:39 PM
No doubt. But avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato make a nice sammich.

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 04:45 PM

Steak. Meatloaf. Roast pork loin. BBQ chicken. Smoked ribs. Brisket. Tater salad. Beans. Prime rib. Veal Parmagiana. Pizza. Scalloped taters and ham.

Not gay.

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 04:47 PM
Tiramisu? Gelato? How do we quantify the gayness of a word?

Collier11
3/2/2010, 04:48 PM
veal parmagiana sounds a little gay

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 04:57 PM
No, it sounds ****ing Italian. ****ing hillbillies.

Let's see, what sounds gay? Wiener. Corny dog. Buns. French fries (they're french dammit, so they're gay by default). Frappe Latte. Pig in a blanket. French dip. Quiche (so I eat quiche, sue me). Tater tots.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 05:24 PM
No, it sounds ****ing Italian. ****ing hillbillies.

Let's see, what sounds gay? Wiener. Corny dog. Buns. French fries (they're french dammit, so they're gay by default). Frappe Latte. Pig in a blanket. French dip. Quiche (so I eat quiche, sue me). Tater tots.

But that's all pretty damned good food.

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 05:34 PM
corn dogs are the ****.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 05:35 PM
Cheese sticks are more impressive than corn dogs

ADs_Agent
3/2/2010, 05:58 PM
what is the consensus on turkey bacon for those of us on diets?

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 05:58 PM
Duh.

olevetonahill
3/2/2010, 06:01 PM

Does it taste like Pig ?
If not then theres yer answer.

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2010, 06:23 PM
Does it taste like Pig ?
If not then theres yer answer.

This.

yermom
3/2/2010, 06:30 PM

it might have been the shiny bread

just sayin'

NormanPride
3/2/2010, 06:32 PM
At least I didn't say "glisten".

Collier11
3/2/2010, 08:05 PM

its actually pretty good

Viking Kitten
3/2/2010, 08:10 PM

It's not fooling anyone. Eat the real thing. Just eat less of it.

Collier11
3/2/2010, 08:11 PM
thats the issue, if you eat the real thing you never want to stop eating it due to its amazingness

SunnySooner
3/2/2010, 08:16 PM
Turkey bacon is not all that bad if you're watching it and really wanting some bacon. I think it's better from the microwave, but that's me.

And if you ever get the chance to go to Italy, do it, just so you can taste a real tomato. I'm not big on raw maters, but over there, OMG!!!! Such a great flavor, like a different level, so of course all the tomato sauces are better, etc.

We walked 6 or 7 hours a day, since we didn't rent a car, and I still managed to gain 12 pounds in 2 weeks. That's some damn good eatin'.