PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sooneron,

JohnnyMack
3/1/2010, 11:39 AM
I told my wife that Taylor Ham is just east coast Spam and she unleashed a New Jersey-style epithet in my general direction.

I'm not wrong though.

yermom
3/1/2010, 02:41 PM
nope, wrong

proud gonzo
3/1/2010, 10:47 PM
gah

yermom
3/1/2010, 10:49 PM
pork roll's not bad

haven't tried scrapple though...

fadada1
3/1/2010, 10:59 PM
ooooohhhh, scrapple. now there's a true appalacian delicacy.

Chuck Bao
3/1/2010, 11:13 PM
I have not idea what you ghuys are talking 'bout one minute to the next. Taylor Hamm and East Coast spam sounds like 'ockney slangin' rhymes. Then my grandmother used to fry up the leftovers to make scapple and that was good. Now, where did I get left behind?

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 10:50 AM
Fried spam sammiches got me through some tough times when I was in the military. I used to go scrounge up enough pop bottles (heh, remember when you used to take the pop bottles back to the store for $$?) to be able to afford a loaf of bread, a hunk of cheddar, and a can of spam. Fry that spam up real crispy, put a little mustard on the bread, and melt some cheddar all over it. Good stuff when you're poor.

Mjcpr
3/2/2010, 11:20 AM
I think that's what the Post Office is fixin' to start eating.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2010, 11:36 AM
Fried spam sammiches got me through some tough times when I was in the military. I used to go scrounge up enough pop bottles (heh, remember when you used to take the pop bottles back to the store for $$?) to be able to afford a loaf of bread, a hunk of cheddar, and a can of spam. Fry that spam up real crispy, put a little mustard on the bread, and melt some cheddar all over it. Good stuff when you're poor.

Dice up some Spam, potatoes and onions. Fry it all up. Throw some salt and pepper on it. Bam! Or maybe you could use your Head Country Seasoning.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 01:23 PM

plus it's good for mountain climbing. a lot of Everest climbers carry it up because it's packed full of calories and light, and they get really sick if they don't eat...and they lose their appetites up there.

yermom
3/2/2010, 01:28 PM
they love that shizz in Hawai'i too

Stitch Face
3/2/2010, 01:39 PM
Uncooked Spam on white bread with miracle whip and lettuce. Something about the texture of spam with soft white bread balanced against crispy lettuce makes the perfect combo.

I eat fried spam unadultered along with other breakfast fixin's.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2010, 01:52 PM
Uncooked Spam on white bread with miracle whip and lettuce. Something about the texture of spam with soft white bread balanced against crispy lettuce makes the perfect combo.

I eat fried spam unadultered along with other breakfast fixin's.

Thinly cut fried Spam with a lightly scrambled egg (cooked in the Spam fat) on toasted bread wif some cheese. Yum.

homerSimpsonsBrain
3/2/2010, 01:57 PM
Thinly cut fried Spam with a lightly scrambled egg (cooked in the Spam fat) on toasted bread wif some cheese. Yum.

On one of those cold, clear nights, if you are really quiet, you can hear JohnnyMacks arteries hardening..

:D

Stitch Face
3/2/2010, 01:58 PM

That sounds pretty damn good.

Twice in the last few years at work we had pot-lucks and I said i would bring Spam sandwiches. People thought i was joking. :rolleyes:

So I showed up each time with giant trays of Spam sandwiches cut up into li'l finger sammiches. Just plenty for the rest of us.

C&CDean
3/2/2010, 02:09 PM
I think that's what the Post Office is fixin' to start eating.

Blow me Pat.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 02:13 PM
a few years ago they had a recipe contest..my dad entered with "spaté"
a paté-like substance made with spam.

SunnySooner
3/2/2010, 04:10 PM
When we lived in Hawaii, we walked into Sam's and there was this huge line, a bajillion people. We asked what was going on--they were waiting to register for a promo giveaway--a year's supply of Spam. I **** you not. They serve it in some of the 5 star restaurants there, all fancied up, but still...Spam.

We used to have it fried with breakfast now and then, but now it just tastes way too salty to me.

sooneron
3/2/2010, 05:07 PM
Taylor Ham is teh suck. Friggin Joisey! [fist pump!]

Crucifax Autumn
3/2/2010, 05:52 PM
When I'm overly poor I make what I call an FLT with crispy fried Spam...

Facon, Lettuce, and Tomato!

proud gonzo
3/3/2010, 12:15 AM
i have never and will never eat SPAM.

sooneron
3/3/2010, 09:31 AM
Why do you hate Hawaii?

Mjcpr
3/3/2010, 09:40 AM
I went on a lengthy trip when I was probably 7 or 8 with Children's House school (in Muskogee) and I think all they brought for us to eat was Spam. I have hated it since that time.

proud gonzo
3/3/2010, 03:37 PM
Why do you hate Hawaii?heh.

Stitch Face
3/3/2010, 03:45 PM

Why is that, smartypants?

C&CDean
3/3/2010, 04:45 PM

That's why you have to live in a bubble too. You start eating spam at an early age you're exposed to pretty much every disease-causing organism on earth and viola! you're innoculated. I've eaten tons of the stuff, and I ain't allergic to anything.

yermom
3/3/2010, 04:53 PM
it's science :D

proud gonzo
3/3/2010, 07:34 PM
Why is that, smartypants?looks gross. sounds gross.

fadada1
3/3/2010, 07:54 PM
Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Stitch Face
3/3/2010, 08:38 PM
looks gross. sounds gross.

There are only two gross things about Spam: the clear gelatin on the loaf and the tiny bits of bone (or whatever it is) inside sometimes. Other than that it's awesome. You should try it.

proud gonzo
3/4/2010, 02:31 AM
so you mean other than the fact that everything about it is gross, it's completely awesome? sure, I buy that. :rolleyes:

yermom
3/4/2010, 02:33 AM
yeah, not helping the case there :D

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2010, 02:42 AM
It tastes like ham and bacon had a kid with an extra chromosome...What's gross about that?

C&CDean
3/4/2010, 09:44 AM
so you mean other than the fact that everything about it is gross, it's completely awesome? sure, I buy that. :rolleyes:

Let me know which tailgate you're gonna show up at next year and I'll be sure to have spam sammiches.

soonerboomer93
3/4/2010, 04:44 PM
The Filipina's I knew were nuts about spam. I'm meh on it

btk108
3/4/2010, 05:22 PM
Don't be dissin Pam

GottaHavePride
3/4/2010, 05:35 PM
Why do you hate Hawaii?

Bwahaha.

I've had Spam. It's not bad. Probably better fried.

olevetonahill
3/4/2010, 05:37 PM
Here we go again
Folks what say they will "NEVER" eat somethin aint ever been hungry:pop:

AS fer me Ill eat bout anything that wont eat me 1st :D

proud gonzo
3/4/2010, 06:28 PM
It tastes like ham and bacon had a kid with an extra chromosome...What's gross about that?
I don't like ham.

Let me know which tailgate you're gonna show up at next year and I'll be sure to have spam sammiches.
You can make 'em, but that doesn't mean I'll eat 'em.

Here we go again
Folks what say they will "NEVER" eat somethin aint ever been hungry:pop:

AS fer me Ill eat bout anything that wont eat me 1st :D
False. I've been hungry, I've just never been hungry and had nothing but Spam as an option.

sooneron
3/4/2010, 10:41 PM
And yes, I know of PG's Hawaii.

proud gonzo
3/6/2010, 02:23 AM
Hawaii is greatly overrated.