PDA

View Full Version : tiny to leave after first season??? huh?

...sooner
3/1/2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100301_92_B1_TinyGa871445

opinions?

Boomer.....
3/1/2010, 10:42 AM
It doesn't say where he would be going? He is not NBA ready. I have heard rumbles that he might consider transferring. He would be stupid to leave at all.

...sooner
3/1/2010, 10:50 AM
oh ya thats why i find that he would even say his decision on coming back will be decided at the end of the season is STUPID.. i think he thinks we might go to the NBA. i just dont understand. hes dumb.

fwsooner22
3/1/2010, 11:12 AM
Wow........too much AAU in that one............

badger
3/1/2010, 12:34 PM
I'll state the obvious - he's very disappointed in how his first collegiate season went and doesn't want to have another season like it to reach his goal of becoming an NBA player.

Now, does this mean he transfers to another program to become an NBA player? Maybe. Does he just jump to the NBA and hope he gets drafted and makes a team after hard work in summer leagues. Maybe. Does he stick out his commitment to OU and return for another season to refocus on everything that made Capel recruit him in the first place? Hopefully.

NormanPride
3/1/2010, 12:56 PM
The dude has been a locker room cancer all year. If he gets his head on straight then that's awesome, but I won't lose sleep over him bailing on us.

Jello Biafra
3/1/2010, 01:33 PM
i realize he's lost a great deal of weight and feels like he IS the man on this team but in order for him to see his potential as an NBA player, he'll need to lose at least another 30 if not more. he loses 50 and comes back next year, we'll see how good he can become. right now, hes too self centered and prolly a little lazy which may be a product of being overweight

StoopTroup
3/1/2010, 02:07 PM
Don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out.

Collier11
3/1/2010, 02:15 PM
he will be another tragic case of not getting drafted cus he wont listen to the right people, I hope he gets his head on straight

Collier11
3/1/2010, 02:17 PM
This quote by Ryan Wright says a lot

"I tell him all the time, 'You have to be willing to learn and willing to take coaching and willing to work on your game, and work hard."

You would think you wouldnt have to tell him all the time

ndpruitt03
3/1/2010, 02:23 PM
Gallon seems like the guy that thinks he was ready for the NBA a long time ago even though he hasn't even looked like a post player most of this year. He has no chance of making it at the NBA at this point. But if he doesn't want to stay at OU why make him stay here? We're better off without him. Same with WW if he wants to leave.

badger
3/1/2010, 03:11 PM
he will be another tragic case of not getting drafted cus he wont listen to the right people, I hope he gets his head on straight

I would call it Maurice Clarrett syndrome, cept Slow Mo got drafted.

Then again, the NFL has more than two rounds to get drafted in.

i realize he's lost a great deal of weight... he'll need to lose at least another 30 if not more.

People said the same thing about Courtney Paris... but nobody ever accused her of being selfish, lazy or ready to just ship. If he could just improve his attitude and be a good leader like CP3, keep him, regardless of whether he sheds another pound. If he isn't willing to put in the work here, he's got no future in the pros... unless you count the D-league.

OUbasketball4life
3/1/2010, 04:27 PM
No way am I a NBA scout, but then again it doesn't take a NBA scout to realize he is not ready for the NBA. If he thinks hes ready now I guess we'll see how ready he is next year when he is riding in 16 passenger van with his NBDL teammates to Idaho to play a game. Point being: Tiny has talent, and Ryan summed it up perfectly when he said he needs to be willing to learn. If he makes the jump, he will more than likely be a 2nd round pick (no guaranteed contract) and will more than likely spend most if not all of the season in the D-league. I can understand if he is disappointed that the season didn't go how he planned, but to me that should make you hungrier to come back and prove that you are as good as advertised. Best of luck to Tiny stay or go, and good luck to the Sooners tonight!

OUSKINS
3/1/2010, 05:05 PM

I think that's a natural reaction, but I'm not sure I feel the same way. I do agree that if a coach identifies a player as having a negative overall effect on the culture of the team, then it does the program more good to cut him loose. But a lot of people feel the same way about Willie and there have been some rumblings about TMG leaving as well.

Capel simply can't afford that kind of attrition-- not for his season next year or his recruiting in the future.

This off-season and next season will definie Capel's career here. He clearly made some mistakes somewhere along the line...he either made a mistake in judging character or he failed to recognize exactly how much work these guys needed. I have no doubt that he has done everything in his power to "get through" to them, but clearly, it hasn't worked-- at least not until it was too late (there have been some positive signs lately).

But you can't just cut players loose and expect the program to rebound quickly.

Capel must assess what he has on his hands. Cade is back next year. TJ Taylor and Cameron Clark arrive next year. I will assume TMG is back next year along with Fitz and Pledger. We are still in on some pretty highly touted undecided recruits. What happens with Willie and/or Tiny is key. Capel must make the right call on those guys. Maybe he'll get lucky and they will make the decision for him.

Eielson
3/1/2010, 05:11 PM
Well, I guess he's playing better for us than DeAndre Jordan was for TA&M a few years back.

OUmillenium
3/1/2010, 05:14 PM
If players are so internally weak that they talk about leaving/quitting, then their overall contribution is not that great in the first place. TMG has shot well during most of the season but he has plenty of offgames as well.

Turds need to be flushed no matter how talented they are.

Collier11
3/1/2010, 05:15 PM
I listened to Murdock today on the SA, now I realize some of you dont respect his opinions but he does speak to Capel and other coaches so take this for what its worth.

He said Gallon has had a bad attitude all season and the only reason he is playing well now is to improve his draft status (this is in Gallons mind obviously)

With Warren, the attitude issues arent necessarily what you and I would first think of when thinking of a bad attitude. Murdock implied that Capel had told him that Warren does have attitude issues but in different ways

1) He said he gets too down on himself, he isnt a self motivator but he does take things far too personal

2) Said that when things arent going well for Warren in the flow of a game he gets out of the game mentally

...sooner
3/1/2010, 05:25 PM
--yaaa they both have different issues but willie is supposed to be a LEADER! he said he wanted this to be his team. but he sure isnt showing that. as a leader even if things arent going your way you dont just give up & stop trying. TMG had a HORRIBLE day saturday but he didnt give up. he kept shooting & playing D.. when you have someone that acts like a baby when he doesnt get every call & quits when he doesnt make shots its can be just as bad. especially when its someone like WW that everyone knows his potential and how good he can play & he wont. ugh. its just really frustrating.

Collier11
3/1/2010, 05:42 PM
Oh I get that, I just point out the difference because some people around here act like WW is some thug or some selfish guy who thinks he needs to score 30 a night. Ill take a guy who has confidence issues over a thug anyday cus the confidence deal can be worked out

Salt City Sooner
3/1/2010, 06:42 PM
I have not, nor will I ever root for a 'horn vs. OU, but I'm thinkin that a good old fashioned smackdown by one Dexter Pittman tonight might go a ways toward getting this absolutely ludicrous notion out of KG's head.

ndpruitt03
3/1/2010, 07:03 PM
It wouldn't shock me if he comes out and says he thinks he can be a great 3 in the NBA.

Eielson
3/1/2010, 09:34 PM
I have not, nor will I ever root for a 'horn vs. OU, but I'm thinkin that a good old fashioned smackdown by one Dexter Pittman tonight might go a ways toward getting this absolutely ludicrous notion out of KG's head.

He got manhandled last time.

birddog
3/2/2010, 09:04 AM
in tiny's defense, it's hard when the other team is trying. he gets too tired...

Bourbon St Sooner
3/2/2010, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't draft Tiny no matter how much potential he has. You draft a guy like that and it validates to him that what he's doing is the right thing and he'll never work hard. The dude has some serious maturing to do. I think yanking his scholly and putting him out on his *** may be the best thing for him in the long run. I think Capel's tried everything else.

the_ouskull
3/3/2010, 02:16 PM

Bring back Renzi!

the_ouskull

btk108
3/3/2010, 05:39 PM

Get out of my head!

PrideTrombone
3/3/2010, 11:20 PM
Don't let the door hit ya in your gigantic *** on the way out.

Fixed.