PDA

View Full Version : That hockey game...

TUSooner
3/1/2010, 09:43 AM
was allsome. Cheers to Canada for winning a game they HAD to win against a team that did everything possible to stop them. The USA played a fantastic game, and the quality of the hockey was a gas all tournament long. It showed how exciting hockey can be, although the NHL with its 128-team playoff bracket can't be as exciting as the Olympics. Even Mrs. TU was yelling for the USA to tie it up and there was much cheering in my house when it happened with 24 seconds to go. It reminded me of how much I like watching hockey and how much I always loved going to Blazer games, and even listening to them on the radio, back when I lived in OKC.

virginiasooner
3/1/2010, 09:59 AM
My being upset about the results of the hockey final is not that Canada won -- it's that SIDNEY CROSBY scored the winning goal. And yes, I was cheering for RUSSIA over Canada. I'll take Alexander Ovechkin for sheer personality and dynamic play over Sid the Kid. Add to that the fact that Sid the Kid plays for the Caps' most fervent foe, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and it's even tougher to digest.

TUSooner
3/1/2010, 10:04 AM
My being upset about the results of the hockey final is not that Canada won -- it's that SIDNEY CROSBY scored the winning goal. And yes, I was cheering for RUSSIA over Canada. I'll take Alexander Ovechkin for sheer personality and dynamic play over Sid the Kid. Add to that the fact that Sid the Kid plays for the Caps' most fervent foe, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and it's even tougher to digest.

My daughter said the same thing about Crosby, except that she's a Devils fans thanks to her boyfriend from New Jersey. I admit I'm glad that the Canadians all have something to celebrate, though. Those kinds of things must be few and far between in the Great White North. ;)

Bourbon St Sooner
3/1/2010, 10:30 AM
I was just speaking to a colleague who was up in Canada last week. He said it was pretty much a morgue last week after we beat them. I think winning that gold was even bigger for them than the Saints winning the Super Bowl was down here.

All I know is that when Parise scored that goal with 25 seconds left, I was jumping around the same as when the Saints took back that pick 6 against Manning. What a game!

sooneron
3/1/2010, 10:52 AM
That was easily one of the best hockey games that I have ever seen. And I've seen a few.

1890MilesToNorman
3/1/2010, 10:54 AM
The wimmins game was just as exciting, I loved all 3 US/Canada games. Great stuff.

HoserSooner
3/1/2010, 11:11 AM
Easily the best game I have ever seen. The bar we were in was out of control from start to end. Gotta give props to the US team....they played awesome hockey for the whole tournament.

JohnnyMack
3/1/2010, 11:25 AM
Roberto Luongo still sucks. But congrats to the Canadians.

Pricetag
3/1/2010, 05:45 PM
That ending put the sudden in sudden death. I hate it that we lost, but was glad to see us prove ourselves as worthy competitors against the best in the world. I hope that we can build on this.

85Sooner
3/1/2010, 10:48 PM
The USA team was tired and had poor puck handling. Couldn't keep the puck in the offensive zone, while the ole shots on goal finally bit them. They could have won that game and gave a valiant effort but that was the worst game they played during the whole tournament.