PDA

View Full Version : A great Billboard

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 04:47 PM
...every state should have one!!

The below photo is of a billboard recently established on I-75 just south of Lake City. A group gathered there today to celebrate its unveiling. The cost of 10 months rental of the billboard and doing the artwork was $6500. We feel that is a reasonable cost to reach out to 1,000,000 vehicles per month and perhaps motivate their participation in the electoral process to get our country on a sound footing.

http://logisticsmonster.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/billboardI75.jpg

StoopTroup
2/27/2010, 05:00 PM
There won't be anyone in office if you vote the Liberals out

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 05:07 PM
those evil libs. they've made everything suck in one year. and they're not even proud enough to be an American that ignoring reality is one of the key features of thinking that consolidating power in the executive branch will make us all freer somehow?

before that it was cups and cakes and we were all happy. there were no economic problems the last 8 years.

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/graphics/fullsize/ttbo_lg.gif

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:09 PM
those evil libs. they've made everything suck in one year.

before that it was cups and cakes and we were all happy.

Glad to see ya leaving the Dark side .

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 05:20 PM
Glad to see ya leaving the Dark side .

screw that. i'll be taking a warm bath with lavender candles just to get over that photo-shopped billboard.

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:25 PM
screw that. i'll be taking a warm bath with lavender candles just to get over that photo-shopped billboard.

Know how I know yer Ghey ?:P

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 05:28 PM
because sarcasm isn't ghey? but posting road sign pics with bad apostrophes is macho?

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:30 PM
Naw ya takin a bath with the candles and shat :P

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 05:32 PM
Naw ya takin a bath with the candles and shat :P

i made that up to make it easier for ya.

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:36 PM
i made that up to make it easier for ya.

Thats yer story and yer stickin with it , aint ya :D

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 05:38 PM
you get what you pay for when buying a lavender candle. and some minty soaps.

StoopTroup
2/27/2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/graphics/fullsize/ttbo_lg.gif

We already threw some of the bums out. Evidently one of the bums from AZ hasn't accepted it and the other one quit her job wrote a book about how great it was to quit and then got a job with FOX.

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 05:52 PM
Id be all for a complete house cleanin . get all new folks in there .

StoopTroup
2/27/2010, 05:54 PM

You talk perty. :D

SunnySooner
2/27/2010, 06:15 PM
It's not like they could screw it up much worse. Problem is smart people want nuthin' to do with politics these days. Do you want all your dirty laundry flyin in the breeze of the 6 o'clock news? Hell, I was never even THAT bad, but there's no way in hell I'd ever run for office, I like my skeletons in the closet where they belong.:eek:

1890MilesToNorman
2/27/2010, 06:28 PM

And tear down the Capitol Building and put up a Capitol Shack, we'll call it Hillbilly Hill.

LosAngelesSooner
2/27/2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah. Nothing like wasting all your money on a billboard. I'm sure all those gray haired white people feel like THIS is gonna be the turning point.

Let me know how that works out for ya, k?

Meanwhile I'll continue to roll my eyes at the histrionics I'm seeing as I witness the death throws of white power in America. :rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
2/27/2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah. Nothing like wasting all your money on a billboard. I'm sure all those gray haired white people feel like THIS is gonna be the turning point.

Meanwhile I'll continue to roll my eyes at the histrionics I'm seeing as I witness the death throws of white power in America. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, death throws sound pretty ominous there, LAS. Or maybe you’ve watched too many gladiator episodes. That is not a bad idea though, we can do government by rassling.

unbiasedtruth
2/27/2010, 08:24 PM

Keep believing (keeping your head buried in the sand) this is all about the death throes of white power...

I could give a rat's behind the color of a person's skin in office as long as they do what's right for this country...... and taking my freedoms away or telling me the gov't has to run my life because I dont know better, then doing it, aint two of them.....

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 08:26 PM
You talk perty. :D

You just like my Mouf :P

C&CDean
2/27/2010, 08:51 PM

You have completely jumped the shark, drank the koolaid, and sucked the dick, haven't you? Lots of better okies than you have gone out there and become ****ing idiots. So, I guess you're in good company...

C&CDean
2/27/2010, 08:52 PM
White power. WTF is that? Judas H. Priest wearing last week's laundry off the clothesline. How out of touch does somebody have to be to say "white power?"

captain_surly
2/27/2010, 09:13 PM
THIS is gonna be the turning point.

I really believe this is a turning point. I don't know exactly where we're turning to but I think the R's are going to get a chance to set the agenda after the next elections. My expectations will remain low.

Crucifax Autumn
2/27/2010, 09:39 PM
My expectations are always low, no matter which fraternity of boobs is in charge.

StoopTroup
2/27/2010, 10:10 PM
My expectations are always low, no matter which fraternity of boobs is in charge.

Sarah Palin ruined our chances of getting a decent pair of boobs in the Whitehouse.

Crucifax Autumn
2/27/2010, 10:14 PM
Bill had a nice set.

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 10:24 PM
Bill had a nice set.

and that was even before the Victoria's Secret push-up cleavage revolution, too.

Collier11
2/27/2010, 10:28 PM
maybe if the Repubs and Dems would quit wasting so much f**king time and money on hating each other and actually do what they are f**king elected to do which is doing what is best for the country, maybe then we could get back to being a Great Country

LosAngelesSooner
2/27/2010, 10:31 PM
Keep believing (keeping your head buried in the sand) this is all about the death throes of white power...

I could give a rat's behind the color of a person's skin in office as long as they do what's right for this country...... and taking my freedoms away or telling me the gov't has to run my life because I dont know better, then doing it, aint two of them.....Yeah...go scan the people standing below that billboard...and then tally up the number of non-whites at a Tea Bagger part and then tell me that again, okay pal? K? Thanks. Bye. :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/27/2010, 10:32 PM
You have completely jumped the shark, drank the koolaid, and sucked the dick, haven't you? Lots of better okies than you have gone out there and become ****ing idiots. So, I guess you're in good company...Slippin'...slippin'...slippin'...away... ..........

;)

LosAngelesSooner
2/27/2010, 10:33 PM
maybe if the Repubs and Dems would quit wasting so much f**king time and money on hating each other and actually do what they are f**king elected to do which is doing what is best for the country, maybe then we could get back to being a Great Country^^^ THIS.

proud gonzo
2/27/2010, 10:34 PM
because sarcasm isn't ghey? but posting road sign pics with bad apostrophes is macho?
Um... both apostrophes are used correctly. :confused:

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 10:41 PM
Um... both apostrophes are used correctly. :confused:

apostrophes are used to indicate possession, not replace the verb "to be".

america is coming for you....etc. not america's coming for you.

soonerloyal
2/27/2010, 10:47 PM

I could give a rat's behind the color of a person's skin in office as long as they do what's right for this country...... and taking my freedoms away or telling me the gov't has to run my life because I dont know better, then doing it, aint two of them.....

I'd ask you exactly how "they" are taking freedoms away or how their government has been running your life differently than George Bush has for the last eight years, but all I'd likely get is verbal diarrhea and absolutely no concrete facts. Really, please educate us all with actual facts and proveable data. I beg you.

:pop:

SoonerInKCMO
2/27/2010, 11:11 PM
apostrophes are used to indicate possession, not replace the verb "to be".

america is coming for you....etc. not america's coming for you.

Apostrophes are also used to represent the letters removed in contractions: "america's" = "america is".

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 11:17 PM
And tear down the Capitol Building and put up a Capitol Shack, we'll call it Hillbilly Hill.

Dayum Skippy !:D

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 11:27 PM

Azzwipe ! 6500 aint ALL my money !
You keep on preaching to Yer choir ok ?:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah...go scan the people standing below that billboard...and then tally up the number of non-whites at a Tea Bagger part and then tell me that again, okay pal? K? Thanks. Bye. :D

OK PAL
Dont go to talkin Race shat to me ok ?
I Am a Nam Vet from 68 to 70 Fair enough ?
The Nam war was described as a Black mans WAR True ?

AS I sit here drankin an lookin at my Platoon Pic . Ya Know how many Bros where In that Pic ? TWO thats right Bro TWO
So **** off dip **** !

unbiasedtruth
2/27/2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah...go scan the people standing below that billboard...and then tally up the number of non-whites at a Tea Bagger part and then tell me that again, okay pal? K? Thanks. Bye. :D

No not k.

LOL, you just dont get it. Its not about race, its not about white power, its all about restoring our freedoms and keeping our freedoms that we still have in this country. Its time we start hold politicans accountable for their actions and if they aren't doing this country right, then vote their tails out of office.

Its time politicans quit voting in favor of the PAGs and PACs that grease their pockets the most and other large groups with the money and clout. Its time the politicans in this country start remembering and believing in "A Government For The People, By The People". And I could care less if they are red, yellow, black, white, brown or a combinattion of any colors that they are, including polka dotted, or what political party they belong to as long as they start thinking about the people and their freedoms of this country 1st. And its been a long time, very long time since that day was in city, county state or federal government.

oh btw, I aint your pal..... dig it?

King Crimson
2/27/2010, 11:51 PM
Apostrophes are also used to represent the letters removed in contractions: "america's" = "america is".

contractions are about making do not into don't. or can not into can't. not replacing the verb to be.

olevetonahill
2/27/2010, 11:54 PM
Lifes a Bitch and
Times are Hard
**** you and
yer Merry Christmas card !

unbiasedtruth
2/28/2010, 12:01 AM
I'd ask you exactly how "they" are taking freedoms away or how their government has been running your life differently than George Bush has for the last eight years, but all I'd likely get is verbal diarrhea and absolutely no concrete facts. Really, please educate us all with actual facts and proveable data. I beg you.

:pop:

I didnt mention Bush or the 8 years previous. I was pretty darn disgusted with almost all of those 8 years too, and Clinton's 8 years before that too. I doubt I need to go back any farther, do I?

Here's a concrete fact for you. When I 1st turned 18 I could walk into a gun store, purchase a Model 1911 .45 semi auto and walk out in a few minutes after laying down the cash. No ID needed. Can I do that today?

Another one for you..... in 1978 it was possible to attend a gun show in OKC, purchase a Ruger Ranch Mini 14, a semi auto .223 cal rifle. Go to another booth and purchase the parts to convert it to full auto. Go to a 3rd booth and have a gunsmith converted it and then walk out with a full legally owned full automatic rifle just by showing your drivers license. Can I do that today?

There are 2 freedoms of this country that were taken away by politicians. If you want more let me know. I'll cram so many of them down your throat you will think you have diarrhea for weeks as you are trying to crap all of them out.

sooner ngintunr
2/28/2010, 12:26 AM
I'd ask you exactly how "they" are taking freedoms away or how their government has been running your life differently than George Bush has for the last eight years

"they" are not doing anything different, and thats the point. All of the crap that W was doing that people said was BS, well nothings changed. Its all bull****.

sooner ngintunr
2/28/2010, 12:30 AM
Another one for you..... in 1978 it was possible to attend a gun show in OKC, purchase a Ruger Ranch Mini 14, a semi auto .223 cal rifle. Go to another booth and purchase the parts to convert it to full auto. Go to a 3rd booth and have a gunsmith converted it and then walk out with a full legally owned full automatic rifle just by showing your drivers license. Can I do that today?

You really think that anyone with a drivers license should be able to buy a Automatic Rifle? Really??

I'm pro gun and freedoms and all, but thats one I'm willing to give up. I don't need an auto... one shot one kill.:D

sooner ngintunr
2/28/2010, 12:35 AM
contractions are about making do not into don't. or can not into can't. not replacing the verb to be.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2219/61738868.th.png (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/61738868.png/)

King Crimson
2/28/2010, 12:41 AM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2219/61738868.th.png (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/61738868.png/)

oh really, that's all you got.

sooner ngintunr
2/28/2010, 12:41 AM

oh really, that's all you got.

yep.

"Pronouns and nouns with the verb to be.

Examples: I'm you're who's (i.e., who is) he's she's it's we're they're"

I'm not the one trying to be grammar nazi, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

olevetonahill
2/28/2010, 01:14 AM
Sarah Palin ruined our chances of getting a decent pair of boobs in the Whitehouse.

LOL
Billary took the Balls out of it ! LOL

Chuck Bao
2/28/2010, 01:21 AM
Tiger Woods blew it. He could have taken the president out for a round or two of golfing.

olevetonahill
2/28/2010, 01:41 AM
I didnt mention Bush or the 8 years previous. I was pretty darn disgusted with almost all of those 8 years too, and Clinton's 8 years before that too. I doubt I need to go back any farther, do I?

Here's a concrete fact for you. When I 1st turned 18 I could walk into a gun store, purchase a Model 1911 .45 semi auto and walk out in a few minutes after laying down the cash. No ID needed. Can I do that today?

There are 2 freedoms of this country that were taken away by politicians. If you want more let me know. I'll cram so many of them down your throat you will think you have diarrhea for weeks as you are trying to crap all of them out.

Sorry Bro you are as full of shat as Las buying RPGs and hand grenades at a gun show !
Shat aint happening !
Give me a break !:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/28/2010, 01:47 AM
Bill had a nice set.

But Billary took em and hid em in her purse ! :D

unbiasedtruth
2/28/2010, 01:58 AM
You really think that anyone with a drivers license should be able to buy a Automatic Rifle? Really??

I'm pro gun and freedoms and all, but thats one I'm willing to give up. I don't need an auto... one shot one kill.:D

I truly believe in one shot one kill, beign a son of someone raised on a family farm in Oklaoma during the depression that same thinking was taught me as it was taught my father.

no I am not saying that at all, that was once a freedom, but laws were enacted to take those freedoms away, and it was during a republican president's term in office. just pointing out to some of these folks that go around saying we have more freedoms than we ever had are full of horse manure.

I can go on for days with examples where the gov't and PACs and PAGs get involved and once where we had the choice, the freedoms to do as we see or wanted are gone because of special interest groups and politicans having their pockets greased by these SIGs...

that is why I am in favor of term limits, severe term limits, and finance reform, not just at the campaign level, but thoughout an elected officials term in office.

Hell, I dont think any of them are worth the money they are getting paid right now, and that doesnt include the grease money....

olevetonahill
2/28/2010, 02:05 AM
Trow em all out !

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 02:14 AM
Hell, a lot of them are leaving on their own.

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 02:17 AM
contraction's is about makin' do not into do'nt. or can not into ca'nt. not relpacin' the noun to be.

Fixed so the average poster can read it. :P

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 02:51 AM
It's better than the billboard proudly proclaiming that Oklahoma is the state where parking meters were invented.

proud gonzo
2/28/2010, 05:04 AM
yep.

I'm not the one trying to be grammar nazi, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
correct. If apostrophes weren't supposed to be used that way, grammar rules would tell you not to use them rather than distinguishing between there, their, and they're; its and it's; or who's and whose.

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 06:07 AM
I'd ask you exactly how "they" are taking freedoms away or how their government has been running your life differently than George Bush has for the last eight years, but all I'd likely get is verbal diarrhea and absolutely no concrete facts.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the way in which they are sucking power away from the states in regards to education. It would make Stalin proud.

olevetonahill
2/28/2010, 06:27 AM
Them dayum apostrophes
they **** us all up !:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 08:02 AM
No not k.

LOL, you just dont get it. Its not about race, its not about white power, its all about restoring our freedoms and keeping our freedoms that we still have in this country. Its time we start hold politicans accountable for their actions and if they aren't doing this country right, then vote their tails out of office.

Its time politicans quit voting in favor of the PAGs and PACs that grease their pockets the most and other large groups with the money and clout. Its time the politicans in this country start remembering and believing in "A Government For The People, By The People". And I could care less if they are red, yellow, black, white, brown or a combinattion of any colors that they are, including polka dotted, or what political party they belong to as long as they start thinking about the people and their freedoms of this country 1st. And its been a long time, very long time since that day was in city, county state or federal government.

oh btw, I aint your pal..... dig it?What color are you, pal? :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 08:04 AM

There are 2 freedoms of this country that were taken away by politicians. If you want more let me know. I'll cram so many of them down your throat you will think you have diarrhea for weeks as you are trying to crap all of them out.You also used to be able to purchase 1000 lbs of fertilizer and rent a U-Haul without a driver's license.

Some change is good.

King Crimson
2/28/2010, 08:07 AM
i guess. enjoy your terrible usage of the language. i guess.

all i am saying if i am paying money to have a billboard made, i might spend that extra $ to not appeal to phonetics and illiterates. writing how the language sounds (contracting the verb to be into another word)...is the functional definition of illiteracy. unless that is your target audience.

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 08:07 AM
yep.

I'm not the one trying to be grammar nazi, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.Uhm...I have a Master's Degree in this area. Hate to tell you, but KC is right on this one.

You can't just plug in an apostrophe anywhere you want when you decide to take letters out. Sorry.

Sorry Bro you are as full of shat as Las buying RPGs and hand grenades at a gun show !
Shat aint happening !
Give me a break !:rolleyes:*ahem*

I know you guys like to play around with this one, but when EXACTLY have I ever said that I purchased either an RPG or grenades?

That's right...NEVER.

AlbqSooner
2/28/2010, 08:22 AM
"Now it's personal. . . America's coming for you Congress!"

KC, I am confused by your post. Are you suggesting that the billboard should read, "Now it is to be personal . . . America is to be coming for you?

I do not understand where an apostrophe in that billboard has replaced the infinitive "to be". Be is the verb. To be is not a verb, it is an infinitive.

sooner ngintunr
2/28/2010, 09:26 AM
Uhm...I have a Master's Degree in this area. Hate to tell you, but KC is right on this one.

You can't just plug in an apostrophe anywhere you want when you decide to take letters out. Sorry.

Sorry for what? Being wrong? LOL you never cease to... nevermind bro.

I'm pretty sure that in this case it's proper use of an '. Didn't I point that out? Here I'll post it again;

I guess a masters Degree in that area isn't worth much.

soonerloyal
2/28/2010, 10:15 AM
I truly believe in one shot one kill, beign a son of someone raised on a family farm in Oklaoma during the depression that same thinking was taught me as it was taught my father.

no I am not saying that at all, that was once a freedom, but laws were enacted to take those freedoms away, and it was during a republican president's term in office. just pointing out to some of these folks that go around saying we have more freedoms than we ever had are full of horse manure.

I can go on for days with examples where the gov't and PACs and PAGs get involved and once where we had the choice, the freedoms to do as we see or wanted are gone because of special interest groups and politicans having their pockets greased by these SIGs...

that is why I am in favor of term limits, severe term limits, and finance reform, not just at the campaign level, but thoughout an elected officials term in office.

Hell, I dont think any of them are worth the money they are getting paid right now, and that doesnt include the grease money....

So you're telling me that you have been at the same level of outrage and have been speaking out in this same vein for years before Obama was elected? Berated all previous Administrations for limiting freedoms? Good to go. I agree with you fully about term limits, campaign finance reform and all that. But whenever I hear anyone start that old rant "They're takin' errr jeeeeerbs, they're takin' err guuuuuuuns!!" I just laugh. Barack Obama has done absolutely nothing to take away our Constitutional right to bear arms. Actually expecting gun shops to have an inkling of who they are selling to and what they are selling is to me plain common sense. Nor has he, in thirteen months, done anything close to reaching the level of damage done by years of robbing the middle class to benefit the wealthiest. There's no need to begrudge anyone making a profit, a living. There is real need to make sure that gross profiteering isn't allowed at the expense of the middle class, however.

I simply find most of the current whines come from those who have suddenly found political "religion" were just fine & dandy until Obama took office. No worries from them about economics, gun control, education and so forth when the SOP was all about ruining things for short-term gain for a few. For instance, where were the protests when our teachers were being sidetracked & shackled with W's NCLB policies that directly benefitted his brother Neil's "Ignite Learning" company? Leroy?

Where was the outrage that should have come from the Everyman when TPTB was charging trillions of dollars, giving away no-bid contracts to Admin member's companies (Preston Bush would've been so proud)? Not a squeak of protest at one solitary penny of that massive debt going to our grandchildren and their children. Smedley Butler and Dwight Eisenhower were right, no one should make profit like that from war. And what about those troubled by "taxes" only now, when if they took the time to pay attention, they'd realize that 95% of us/them GOT TAX CUTS from Obama. So many people who scream in outrage that Obama "ruined" us with the bailout, were high-fiving each other when McCain announced he was suspending his campaign to go ensure the bailout happened.

Meanwhile, any chance at real improvements are being slowed and hamstrung by all the partisan divisive BS. Obama shouldn't be having to waste time by trying to placate nitpickers - like being told he "can't" stand at a podium because the Republicans attending the conference "wanna be on his level". Waaahhhh. Jeez, are these adults or are they fricking toddlers? The more time they waste arguing, the less time they put into helping small businesses actually hire people, create jobs, stimulate the economy in a concrete way. Until our elected officials work together to tell those businesses in one voice: "Here's what your costs for healthcare will be, what your taxes will be for your business levels, what your credits will be by hiring new workers, etc." we will still be sinking into a collective pit.

I don't give a damn what party one's from. I just want them all to stop flinging poo and help us instead of hurt us.

StoopTroup
2/28/2010, 10:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that in this case it's proper use of an '. Didn't I point that out? Here I'll post it again;

I guess a masters Degree in that area isn't worth much.

Love how some folks say Master.

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/17/Jeannie2.jpg

SoonerInKCMO
2/28/2010, 12:01 PM
It's better than the billboard proudly proclaiming that Oklahoma is the state where parking meters were invented.

It definitely made me say "WTF?" when I first saw that billboard. Why on earth would we brag about something like that?

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 12:22 PM
writing how the language sounds (contracting the verb to be into another word)...is the functional definition of illiteracy. unless that is your target audience.

"That'll Be the Day" by Buddy Holly

It's colloquial, not incorrect. The billboard is not a grant request.

Uhm...I have a Master's Degree in this area. Hate to tell you, but KC is right on this one.

You can't just plug in an apostrophe anywhere you want when you decide to take letters out. So

And you don't capitalize "master's degree."

SanJoaquinSooner
2/28/2010, 04:30 PM
Maybe someone will run on the ....

12% solution.

Everyone getting a gubbermint check gets 12% less (or pays a 12% fee). Employees, vendors, retirees, welfare dads, everybody.

Collier11
2/28/2010, 04:35 PM
it's correct LAS

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 04:40 PM

I guess a masters Degree in that area isn't worth much.No, it is. The issue is that there are certain, defined, contractions for the use of the verb, to be. This is not one of them.

You cannot go around, willy nilly, substituting out the To Be whenever you want with an apostrophe.

Look, it is incorrect grammar at worst and poor grammar at best. Either way, just because the people who purchased it used poor grammar doesn't mean their message is "wrong or right."

So, yeah...my Master's stands pretty damn solidly. And it makes me good money. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 04:42 PM
And you don't capitalize "master's degree."Yes, you do. When you're referring to a specific degree, as in "My Master's Degree in English," as opposed to a general reference, "They offer a master's degree at that college."

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 04:43 PM
it's correct LASIn Hillbilly world, yes.

In colleges, universities and professional settings, no.

Collier11
2/28/2010, 04:43 PM
so you are like the George O'leary of masters degrees im guessing because it is correct

SoonerInKCMO
2/28/2010, 05:02 PM
Y'all should tell the people that wrote this book (http://www.amazon.com/Little-Brown-Handbook-Ramsey-Fowler/dp/0205651712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267394466&sr=8-1) about your thoughts on apostrophe usage - they seem to think "it's" is correct usage.

Collier11
2/28/2010, 05:06 PM
LAS cant be proven wrong even when it is obvious, he is far too stubborn...probably cus he is wrong so much :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 06:44 PM
You should buy Strunk and White along with Elements of Style.

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 07:14 PM
Y'all should tell the people that wrote this book (http://www.amazon.com/Little-Brown-Handbook-Ramsey-Fowler/dp/0205651712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267394466&sr=8-1) about your thoughts on apostrophe usage - they seem to think "it's" is correct usage.

I guess that depends on where you're using it now doesn't it?

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 07:34 PM
Yes, you do. When you're referring to a specific degree, as in "My Master's Degree in English," as opposed to a general reference, "They offer a master's degree at that college."

You didn't reference a specific degree. You said you had a "Master's Degree in this area." That is no different than saying "I have a master's degree from OU."

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 07:36 PM
Y'all should tell the people that wrote this book about your thoughts on apostrophe usage - they seem to think "it's" is correct usage.

The billboard's usage of "It's" as a contraction for "it is" is clearly correct and anyone that says otherwise is a fool.

StoopTroup
2/28/2010, 07:49 PM
The billboard's usage of "It's" as a contraction for "it is" is clearly correct and anyone that says otherwise is a fool.

You probably shouldn't go around calling Hillbillies fools.

They have a dialect of their own and your rules don't apply. In their World...you are the fool.

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 07:51 PM
Do hellbillies have their own language too? I can hardly ever understand Rob Zombie.

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 07:51 PM
They have a dialect of their own and your rules don't apply. In their World...you are the fool.

In other words, "Leroy posted! I must refute him no matter what he said!"

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 07:52 PM
Do hellbillies have their own language too? I can hardly ever understand Rob Zombie.

I don't really know. I just posted this message to see how StoopTroup will respond.

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 07:54 PM
I don't really know. I just posted this message to see how StoopTroup will respond.

I refute this statement! :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 08:00 PM
The billboard's usage of "It's" as a contraction for "it is" is clearly correct and anyone that says otherwise is a fool.Your FACE is a fool.

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 08:03 PM
Your major was what again?

StoopTroup
2/28/2010, 08:05 PM
Sooner Football

Tulsa_Fireman
2/28/2010, 08:15 PM
Buttsecks

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 08:22 PM
Your major was what again?

Internet smackdownery I believe. :P

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 09:01 PM
He's failing even that.

But my question was aimed at LASooner.

LosAngelesSooner
2/28/2010, 09:25 PM
Your major was what again?Comebacks that rock so hard your FACE falls off.

Crucifax Autumn
2/28/2010, 09:30 PM
Now that's hard rockin'!

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 09:59 PM
That's the LA drug scene.

Collier11
2/28/2010, 10:09 PM
id be afraid to have my face rocked off, must be painful

AlbqSooner
2/28/2010, 10:38 PM
The Bible refers to that a stoning. "He was taken to the gates of the city and Stoned to death."

What a way to go.

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2010, 11:42 PM

I think that's what they do in those fancy, high-priced spas.

Collier11
2/28/2010, 11:48 PM
like a chemical peel?

Crucifax Autumn
3/1/2010, 12:09 AM
More like road rash of the face.

1890MilesToNorman
3/1/2010, 12:10 AM
Olive oil and lemon juice, yea baby!

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 02:19 AM
Wise words...

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 02:21 AM
like a chemical peel?
Sort of...only with 20 Grit Comeback.

Collier11
3/1/2010, 02:22 AM
Words wise...

Collier11
3/1/2010, 02:23 AM
Sort of...only with 20 Grit Comeback.

Dont call it that

unbiasedtruth
3/1/2010, 05:13 AM
What color are you, pal? :pop:

I'm Indian, Cherokee Nation. Want my role number?

You also used to be able to purchase 1000 lbs of fertilizer and rent a U-Haul without a driver's license.

Some change is good.

I know people who buy over 1000 pounds of fertilizer and dont even show a drivers license today. In fact they just pull up to a scale with their tank hooked up behind their truck, get weighed going in, fill the tank, get weighed going out. No ID shown.

and you always had to have a DL to rent U-Haul....

oh and btw, if you dont like protecting or taking back of our freedoms, why dont you just walk down to beach and start swimming west, sooner or later you'll come to China.... comrade.....

unbiasedtruth
3/1/2010, 05:19 AM
I don't give a damn what party one's from. I just want them all to stop flinging poo and help us instead of hurt us.

now you getting with the program.... and this, poo flinging, has been going on a lot longer than just the past 13 months.....

soonerloyal
3/1/2010, 08:37 AM
Not by the Democratic Party LEADERS it hasn't, unlike the GOP fools who seriously need to mind what's coming out of their sucks...

And hey, I know it wasn't directed at me, but the old "If you don't like America, get the hell out" stuff? Please. I wouldn't say it to a teabagger; why would it be said to anyone who just wants to see things get better? It's just a presumptuous idea.

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 03:27 PM
I'm Indian, Cherokee Nation. Want my role number?

I know people who buy over 1000 pounds of fertilizer and dont even show a drivers license today. In fact they just pull up to a scale with their tank hooked up behind their truck, get weighed going in, fill the tank, get weighed going out. No ID shown.

and you always had to have a DL to rent U-Haul....

oh and btw, if you dont like protecting or taking back of our freedoms, why dont you just walk down to beach and start swimming west, sooner or later you'll come to China.... comrade.....
Heh...you're funny in a dumb way. :D

C&CDean
3/1/2010, 04:59 PM
I don't give a **** about y'all's silly arguments, but I will say that you can buy tons of fertilizer without a DL. TONS. The only one you have to show ID on is ammonium nitrate (which I buy 5-tons at a time in Pauls Valley) which is the same stuff McVeigh blew up the Murrah building with. Looking at my DL and writing it down in a log book ain't gonna stop anyone from blowing up anything.

You can buy urea, and some other nitrogens without any problem or ID. Anhydrous ammonia, on the other hand, requires all kinds of ID/certfications. Not because it makes good bombs though. It's because it makes good meth.

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 05:08 PM
*calling the feds....now*

;)

C&CDean
3/1/2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah, well I'll tell them you've got bazookas, grenades, and an M-1 tank you picked up at the gun show last weekend...

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 05:27 PM
It was a WW2 Half Track, thank you vurry much.

unbiasedtruth
3/1/2010, 05:56 PM
Heh...you're funny in a dumb way. :D

so tell me in your sad existence of a human life form.... how does it feel not to be smart enough to know whats looking you in your face????

keep those blinders on.... from all your posts here, you are not part of a resolution, so therefore you are part of the problem in this country......

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 06:02 PM
LOL!

I don't know...maybe you could tell me what you think, you know...tell me the "unbiased truth?"

In the meantime I shall strive to be "part of the resolution." LMFAO! :D

LosAngelesSooner
3/1/2010, 06:03 PM
On a side note, I'm just glad we've gotten yet ANOTHER mouth breather to join the ranks of Tuba and RLiMC! :D