PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store Dilemma...

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/25/2010, 11:47 PM
...and YES, this does have to do with Sooner football.

I'm making pulled pork sandwiches Saturday night. I was standing in the condiment aisle at Homeland this evening, and not unlike Mr. Burns trying to fend for himself after Smithers goes on vacation and Homer violently attacks him in his office (Ketchup? Catsup? Ketchup? Catsup?), I was torn between buying Billy Sims BBQ sauce, and Selmon Bros. BBQ sauce.

biW2i9yK-10

Did I make the right choice?

EDIT: I should probably throw in what that choice was. I went with Billy Sims.

yermom
2/25/2010, 11:49 PM
the only right answer is "both" :D

Boomer.....
2/26/2010, 09:20 AM
It's not BBQ, it's Boomer-Q

goingoneight
2/26/2010, 09:25 AM
Actually, Billy's mild sauce is pretty good.

SteelClip49
2/26/2010, 09:55 AM
Go with Selmon's! It has more of a kick than Boomer-Q's.

Monster Zero
2/26/2010, 10:03 AM
Where are you getting Selmon Brothers BBQ Sauce?

soonerloyal
2/26/2010, 10:05 AM
I'm no help, I say ya shoulda gotten both too.

Every time I go home for a visit, I bring back several bottles of the Selmon Brothers. Next time I go home I'm bringing back some of Sims' sauce too. Of course, I always bring back a cup of La Baguette Caesar dressing and a shatload of frozen Taco Cabana mild salsa while I'm at it. Damn stupid Florida to Hades for not having decent Q sauce OR any TexMex.
:mad:

sooner518
2/26/2010, 01:51 PM
id have to taste each of them to know for sure. i generally go for the thicker, sweeter, (although I like a good kick) sauce. I find this type of sauce in short supply down here in Fort Worth. Every place I go (and people recommend this garbage) has thin, watery, tasteless sauce. I dont get it. I generally have not had any really good BBQ since I;ve lived here.

(Railhead, Angelos are the two that come to mind. Any others I should be going to?)

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/26/2010, 01:58 PM
Where are you getting Selmon Brothers BBQ Sauce?

Homeland at 12th and Alameda in Norman.

I went with Booma-Q because the bottle was bigger. I didn't think the smaller Selmon Brothers bottle would be enough to both coat the meat in the slow-cooker, and have enough to spread on buns afterward.

badger
2/26/2010, 02:07 PM
http://smoothjazzy.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dontforget.jpg

Dan Thompson
2/26/2010, 03:52 PM
Get both and do a taste test.

soonerloyal
2/26/2010, 05:38 PM
Homeland at 12th and Alameda in Norman.

I went with Booma-Q because the bottle was bigger. I didn't think the smaller Selmon Brothers bottle would be enough to both coat the meat in the slow-cooker, and have enough to spread on buns afterward.

Homeland @ Berry and Main should have it too...