PDA

View Full Version : Question on Cameron Kenney

soonersalesman
2/25/2010, 02:11 PM
The kid was a bust IMO this year without a doubt. I was talking him up on this forum preseason. I hadn't seen a juco that excited me so much since Torrance Marshall. His interviews in the papers seemed to be of a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Of course Bradford went down. The line went south. The quarterback was both inexperienced and was scrambling for his life. This kid just seemed to have the physical tools but not the ability to make the move to D1 football.

Living down in Denton I count on this forum to keep me abreast of all things Sooner football.

Just wanted those with some knowledge to give a take on this kid. Does he just need a year to get the system and get acclimated to D1 football or are there just some physical and/or mental tools missing.

Lord knows we need someone other then Broyles to step up.

Collier11
2/25/2010, 02:19 PM
IMO, he has all of the physical tools to be a good WR, likely a possession type, dropping passes is all mental and that was his major problem. I think he will be fine but we have some good WRs coming in with this class so he will need to step it up

MojoRisen
2/25/2010, 05:08 PM
I saw an article from Norvell or Wilson on Rivals, talking Kenney Up, saying he is the best athlete and had trouble coming in the fall and picking up the offense - no huddle. Also Bradford went down and he had zero time with Landry. No excuses for the drops, but it sounds like he is going to have a good year from the article! unless he has a mental block like Tennel and just can't get over the drops.... I hope not

SoonerLB
2/25/2010, 05:12 PM
If I ever see anyone get a mental block like Tennel, then I certainly hope that person is playing for the whorns!

badger
2/25/2010, 05:15 PM
What happened:

Kenney appears in a game and does well, so I make Kenney my avatar.

Kenney does awful.

Avatar gets yanked in favor of Adron Tennell.

Adron Tennell does awful.

A few more avatar curses later and everyone yells at me to take my avvies down.

I now have a Packer avvie up.

Shortly before I put it up, the Packers were in the playoffs.

The Packers lost in the first round of the playoffs.

In conclusion, Kenney will be just fine this season so long as I don't put up the avatar... which is too bad, because I absolutely loved my Kenney avatar. It was very cute. :(

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2010, 06:18 PM
If the team would only huddle, these players would catch all those passes. It must be the no-huddle.

I Am Right
2/25/2010, 07:03 PM
Kenney is a WR?

Tigeman
2/25/2010, 09:58 PM
Has anyone else come to the conclusion that Landry possibly throws the ball to damn hard on the close throws? He always seems to rocket the sucker, even when the guy is right in front of him. He needs to learn to finesse it. I think that seems to be part of the problem. I don't think it's a coincidence that many of our receivers had bricks for hands this year.

I played catch with Trent Williams and Nate Hyble a few times my sophomore year, as Trent was my pledge bro, and Hyble was a pledge at the time. Damn Hyble could tattoo you if he wanted, but Landry seems to throw even harder, and at times he doesn't need to.

Just my observations, maybe I'm being to much of an arm chair quarterback.

TMcGee86
2/25/2010, 10:10 PM
What happened:

Kenney does awful.

In conclusion, Kenney will be just fine this season so long as I don't put up the avatar... which is too bad, because I absolutely loved my Kenney avatar. It was very cute. :(

any chance you could bring yourself to sport a Garrett Gilbert avi next season? :D

JLEW1818
2/25/2010, 10:11 PM
any chance you could bring yourself to sport a Garrett Gilbert avi next season? :D

:D :D

sooner518
2/25/2010, 11:42 PM
I played catch with Trent Williams and Nate Hyble a few times my sophomore year, as Trent was my pledge bro, and Hyble was a pledge at the time. Damn Hyble could tattoo you if he wanted, but Landry seems to throw even harder, and at times he doesn't need to.

Trent Smith you mean? otherwise Im pretty sure Trent Williams and Hybl never played on the same team....

SoonerLB
2/25/2010, 11:43 PM

It will be tough badg, but take one for the team! ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/25/2010, 11:53 PM
What happened:

Kenney does awful.

In conclusion, Kenney will be just fine this season so long as I don't put up the avatar... which is too bad, because I absolutely loved my Kenney avatar. It was very cute. :(Time to break out the Pelosi, again. Keep it there til the election. Thnx

Tigeman
2/26/2010, 03:37 AM
Trent Smith you mean? otherwise Im pretty sure Trent Williams and Hybl never played on the same team....

Sorry, had a rough day today and started REALLY early! Guess that's why you should never post on a forum when drinking! HAHA. Yes... Trent Smith, from Clinton, OK (Sorry Tbone...Nautical Mile<<<<inside joke).

Leroy Lizard
2/26/2010, 04:00 AM
Time to break out the Pelosi, again.

To flog it?

soonerinabilene
2/26/2010, 06:50 AM
Of course Bradford went down. The line went south. The quarterback was both inexperienced and was scrambling for his life

If this doesnt happen, this thread doesnt exist.

budbarrybob
2/26/2010, 08:41 AM
Maybe through some sort of sabotage his gloves were coated with teflon?

goingoneight
2/26/2010, 09:23 AM
Might also have been more press and doubles to beat without Gresham occupying a LB and a S over the middle.

NormanPride
2/26/2010, 10:52 AM
He showed some good things, but we'll just have to wait and see in the spring...

85sooners
2/26/2010, 03:13 PM
catch the ball!!!

85sooners
2/26/2010, 03:14 PM
catch the ball!!!

85sooners
2/26/2010, 03:15 PM
catch the ball!!!

DakotaSooner
2/28/2010, 01:52 AM
I look forward to some new recievers coming in. Obviously Broyles is a stud, Miller and Reynolds are also good but as far as I am concerned Kenney sucked.

PLaw
2/28/2010, 04:36 PM
What happened:

Kenney does awful.

Curse of the avatar???

oudavid1
2/28/2010, 08:10 PM
Catch the ball

gaylordfan1
3/1/2010, 02:48 AM
I bet he catches a ball next season... at least 1! :D

Big Red Ron
3/1/2010, 09:51 AM
With all the new WR's in this class, I think Cameron might have a hard time finding time on the field.

TahoeSOONER
3/1/2010, 11:31 AM
If I remember correctly the dude was a soccer player who figured out that he loved football late. Give him time and he will develop because he has the tools physically.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/1/2010, 11:38 AM
this is my commentary on what i saw this year, plus what we know of jucos.

in general

1. very rarely does a juco come in and dominate. our totals are closing in on the mendoza line and i consider us pretty good at it.

2. most jucos are better the second year than the first

3. if you miss spring, good luck playing well

on kenney particularly

seemed to start off games with a burst that got him open. it was gone by the third series. this was consistent throughout the year, so i still don't know if it was conditioning or taking people by surprise early.

liked to jump when he was catching the ball, tended to take his eye off the ball when he did so. ended up being very streaky on the catching end. if the ball was even remotely behind him, he didn't have any body control to twist and get it.

looked lost on anything that wasn't a basic out or in

SoonerShay
7/5/2011, 10:59 AM
Kenney turned out to be a pretty good player.

badger
7/5/2011, 11:04 AM
Kenney turned out to be a pretty good player.

I didn't have my beloved Kenney avvie all season :(

IT WAS SOUTH PARK KENNY IN AN OU FOOTBALL UNIFORM! IT WAS PERFECT AND I LOVED IT AND YOU ALL MADE ME TAKE IT DOWN! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

soonerbrat
7/5/2011, 12:15 PM
i didn't make you take it down.

badger
7/5/2011, 12:17 PM
"you all" not just "you" :P

DarrellZero
7/5/2011, 12:39 PM
Cheers to Kenney.

I'll always remember his stellar play in the OSU game.

BoulderSooner79
7/5/2011, 12:47 PM
I think Kenney is one of those potential free agent players hurt most by the NFL labor dispute. I was hoping some team would take a late round flyer on him, but it didn't work out.

badger
7/5/2011, 01:09 PM
Cheers to Kenney.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cameron+Kenney+Oklahoma+v+Oklahoma+State+88QUArMBv i_l.jpg

:D

SoonerofAlabama
7/5/2011, 01:48 PM
Both of Kenney's touchdowns in that game were pretty good. The 86-yarder on 3rd down was much better though. Just awesome. Definitely going to remember it.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/5/2011, 02:19 PM
Kenney turned out to be an average player.

^^^I didn't do that...

SunnySooner
7/5/2011, 02:22 PM
I wish we'd had Cam from the get-go, I think if he'd been under our tutelage all 4 (5) years, he woulda been a playa as a late soph/jr. and then a hella senior. He made some BIG plays his last year with us, all the best to him in the future, maybe he could play in Canada, eh?

badger
7/5/2011, 02:51 PM
I wish we'd had Cam from the get-go, I think if he'd been under our tutelage all 4 (5) years, he woulda been a playa as a late soph/jr. and then a hella senior. He made some BIG plays his last year with us, all the best to him in the future, maybe he could play in Canada, eh?

I wish Keith Nichol stayed at OU... to be the studly blocking receiver that he is now at Michigan State. He also catches well too :)

agoo758
7/5/2011, 03:33 PM
I didn't have my beloved Kenney avvie all season :(

IT WAS SOUTH PARK KENNY IN AN OU FOOTBALL UNIFORM! IT WAS PERFECT AND I LOVED IT AND YOU ALL MADE ME TAKE IT DOWN! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh my God! You killed Kenney! :eek:

madillsoonerfan5353
7/5/2011, 04:38 PM
Cheers to Kenney.

He played will in Big 12 CCG, he ate Prince A's lunch...

:gary:

ouleaf
7/5/2011, 04:58 PM
Make no doubt about it, he'll get invited to to some camps. He'll have to show value as a special teamer to have a shot at making a roster. Or hope he can sign a practice squad deal with a perennially good team and make them a believer over time as he develops and hopefully can work his way onto the active roster.