PDA

View Full Version : What is the most difficult DI football trivial question

Dan Thompson
2/24/2010, 08:09 PM
you have ever heard of?

I am on jury duty and the judge is from ND. He asks the jury tough questions at the breaks, so I thought I would ask him one.

So tell me what you think would be a good question and give me a link to back it up.

I have already done the Heisman/Super Bowl MVP and the Mizz/Colorado 5th down question. He said it was Nebraska.

I also ask him who scored the TD that ended OU 47 game streak, he got that correct with Lynch.

Leroy Lizard
2/24/2010, 08:14 PM
So the question should be about ND? Or OU/ND?

Dan Thompson
2/24/2010, 08:20 PM
Any thing about Div I A football. Lets say away from Basketball, as he played Basketball for ND.

Leroy Lizard
2/24/2010, 08:49 PM
It would be easy to create a question impossible for someone to answer, so I assume you are shooting for a question that makes him think he should know the answer. Hmmm...

Which state other than Indiana links both Knute Rockne and Jesse Harper (Notre Dame's first coach)?

Answer: Kansas. Both died there.

AlbqSooner
2/24/2010, 08:52 PM
Ask him who was the OU QB who went down to give Jamelle Holloway the starting job that led to a national championship that year. Many people who are not from Oklahoma do not know that one. Troy Aikman.

If he gets that, ask him who was the Miami player who hit Aikman, breaking his leg. Jerome Brown.

Also, the first draft pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs in the team's inaugural draft. LeeRoy Selmon.

soonerinabilene
2/24/2010, 08:55 PM
who is the biggest ****** to play basketball at notre dame? the answer is whatever the judges name is.

Salt City Sooner
2/24/2010, 09:23 PM
Most people remember the big flap over FSU getting in over Miami in the '01 Orange Bowl vs. OU, even though UM beat FSU that year & had the same one loss on their record. The thing that usually gets totally lost in that shuffle is that the only loss that the 'Canes took that year was to Washington, who also finished with only 1 loss (to Oregon @ Autzen, & don't get me started on that one), so UW had every bit the claim to be in that game that Miami had.

Speaking of Washington, most people know about OU's 47 game winning streak. However, Washington had a 63 game unbeaten streak from the last game of 1907 (a tie), to the first game of 1917 (a win). The Huskies were 59-0-4 during this time.

mikee likee
2/25/2010, 11:32 AM
How many MNCs does bama have? If he can nail that one he is a genius.

XingTheRubicon
2/25/2010, 11:40 AM
ask him who's won more bowls in the last 20 years...Notre Dame or North Texas.

KantoSooner
2/25/2010, 12:38 PM
Or ask him to explain how ND went from being a constant contender to irrelevant. Cruelty bonus points: if he attempts to answer, just keep replying, "....yes, but I'm not sure that really gets to the root cause. Can you think of other reasons?" Then let him try again. Ten cocktails to you if you convince him to list ND suckitude and failure for more than five minutes.

But remember, he can jail you on a whim for up to 36 hours.

Lott's Bandana
2/25/2010, 04:04 PM
Ask why basketball analysts keep referring to certain schools as BCS schools?

boomersooner28
2/25/2010, 04:07 PM
Ask him who ENA is.

soonermix
2/25/2010, 04:31 PM
the most lopsided win in college football history?
ga tech vs cumberland 222-0
i think

goingoneight
2/25/2010, 05:20 PM
Ask him who delivered the most embarassing home loss to the Irish ever.

badger
2/25/2010, 05:55 PM
Ok, here's a football trivia question.

The scoreboard says that Oklahoma has 1 point and Baylor has zero. How is this possible?

(there is an actual answer to this, but you have to think logically and football-like at the same time - spek to the winner!)

GottaHavePride
2/25/2010, 06:07 PM
Ok, here's a football trivia question.

The scoreboard says that Oklahoma has 1 point and Baylor has zero. How is this possible?

(there is an actual answer to this, but you have to think logically and football-like at the same time - spek to the winner!)

Most football scoreboards don't have a 3rd digit, so the score is actually 101 to 0.

Or, if it's OUR scoreboard, the score is 201 to 0. (Since our 3rd digit is just a one, it can't display a two.)

badger
2/25/2010, 06:11 PM
Most football scoreboards don't have a 3rd digit, so the score is actually 101 to 0.

Or, if it's OUR scoreboard, the score is 201 to 0. (Since our 3rd digit is just a one, it can't display a two.)

:mad: maybe that was too easy :mad:

sooner ngintunr
2/25/2010, 06:14 PM
Baylor forfeited while the score was 0-0.

badger
2/25/2010, 06:19 PM
OK, I will get you on this one!

Commissioner Beebe the bozo decides that the perfect thing to do after the Big Ten expands to 12 teams is to have a Big 12 vs. Big Ten tourney, where each team from one conference will play the other.

Mizzou sulks at this idea, since it made Big 12 vs. Big Ten games on its own before Beebe got involved, and plots with another team in its conference to forego this stupid idea and just play eachother instead of a team in the other conference.

Poke State's Hotshot Holder is gleeful, thinking he will have a prime matchup to sell more season tickets with... but T. Boner and Holder are furious when they discover that every Big 12 team has a Big Ten opponent except them!

How did the Pokes get screwed?

badger
2/25/2010, 06:39 PM
Since I'll be out the rest of the evening, here's another football logic one for ya...

Sammie "Heisman" Bradford threw 50 touchdown passes and ran for five more touchdowns during his awesome Heisman season. How many points did Sammie score that season?

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2010, 06:52 PM
Cite the horsepower rating and unloaded weight of the charter plane used by Horn fans for protesting the votes of pollsters.

Alum81
2/25/2010, 10:56 PM
In the movie Rudy, what was the players name who Rudy tackled at the end of his only game to play in?