PDA

View Full Version : ROMNEY endorses McCain for Senate

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/23/2010, 01:31 PM
HooBoy! Palin's endorsement was somewhat understandable...this one, not so much. Buh-bye, Mitt.

ndpruitt03
2/23/2010, 01:44 PM
I don't get the endorsement of a progressive like McCain unless you are a democrat.

2/23/2010, 01:49 PM
I don't get the endorsement of a progressive like McCain unless you are a democrat.It's all so wildly convoluted, and disappointing.

ndpruitt03
2/23/2010, 01:51 PM
I would expect it from Romney because he is pretty progressive, I don't get it from Palin unless it is some sort of promise for being McCain's VP candidate.

2/23/2010, 01:53 PM
I would expect it from Romney because he is pretty progressive, I don't get it from Palin unless it is some sort of promise for being McCain's VP candidate.Romney campaigned in '08 like his progressivism was a thing of the past. Palin is simply doing a payback, IMO, and I hope.

ndpruitt03
2/23/2010, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen anything from Mitt to see he's changed. I think he would cut spending and cut taxes a little but not near enough to where we need. And he would try and but in a health care system similar to Massachusetts. He may beat Obama and he would be better than Obama but we've had 8 years of an Obamalite. His name was George W Bush.

JohnnyMack
2/23/2010, 01:58 PM
I had Subway for lunch.

2/23/2010, 03:37 PM
I had Subway for lunch.They still have the $5 footlongs?

C&CDean
2/23/2010, 03:44 PM
This one falls in the "does anyone really give a **** about this anymore?" category.

And I had Greek House for lunch. It was damn good.

2/23/2010, 04:04 PM
This one falls in the "does anyone really give a **** about this anymore?" category.

And I had Greek House for lunch. It was damn good.Anyone who thought Romney might be a decent Pres., can move on. Lunch is important. Breakfast for lunch can be good!

C&CDean
2/23/2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think anyone we've ever heard of might be a decent prez.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2010, 04:22 PM
I don't get the endorsement of a progressive like McCain unless you are a democrat.

Because Romney is a liberal.

One liberal endorsing another. Nothing to see here.

2/23/2010, 04:23 PM
I don't think anyone we've ever heard of might be a decent prez.Go for it. I'll vote for you. Just don't offer up a Cats Policy.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2010, 04:24 PM
I don't get it from Palin unless it is some sort of promise for being McCain's VP candidate.

I think you should stick to sports. This is so absurd it's laughable.

First, McCain had absolutely no way of knowing he was going to face a primary challenge when he picked Palin. Second, if he had known it's doubtful he'd have been too worried about it. Third, he doesn't need an endorsement from Palin especially not back then.

2/23/2010, 04:27 PM
Because Romney is a liberal.

One liberal endorsing another. Nothing to see here.Will aggy still be on your shi* list when you join the SECSECSECSECSEC?

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2010, 04:29 PM
Will aggy still be on your shi* list when you join the SECSECSECSECSEC?

Yes.

C&CDean
2/23/2010, 04:46 PM
Are you ever gonna tell me why you're in Mississippi?

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 06:06 PM
The fact that people are calling McCain and Romney "liberals" shows just how far to the right and out of touch with real Republican principles that the current "r"epublicans are.

Neo-con hacks...

Oh...and "George W. Bush is Obamalite?" LMFAO...what an IDIOTIC statement. Obama is FAR closer to true Republican principles than Dubya ever was...and that, in itself, shows just how skewed our political identities have become in the U.S. nowadays.

ndpruitt03
2/23/2010, 06:12 PM
I never called Romney or McCain liberals in this thread. They are progressives.

olevetonahill
2/23/2010, 06:52 PM
I had left over Sketty fer lunch, Now i got a Pot of beans cooking , gonna fry me some taters an onions in bacon grease, Make a pan of Corn bread and fry up some Poke fer supper :D

SanJoaquinSooner
2/23/2010, 07:09 PM
I had left over Sketty fer lunch, Now i got a Pot of beans cooking , gonna fry me some taters an onions in bacon grease, Make a pan of Corn bread and fry up some Poke fer supper :D

pasta, potatoes, and corn bread. Punting on the diabetes control I see.... beans must be the low carb part
of the diet?

re: pubs - they're cannibals.

85Sooner
2/23/2010, 08:27 PM
Palin- nope
McCain- VOTE HIM OUT
Romney- just lost a few votes here.
NO MORE

85Sooner
2/23/2010, 08:33 PM
The fact that people are calling McCain and Romney "liberals" shows just how far to the right and out of touch with real Republican principles that the current "r"epublicans are.

Neo-con hacks...

Oh...and "George W. Bush is Obamalite?" LMFAO...what an IDIOTIC statement. Obama is FAR closer to true Republican principles than Dubya ever was...and that, in itself, shows just how skewed our political identities have become in the U.S. nowadays.

That is so far off the mark. Keep smokin..................

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah...85...I'm sure EVERYONE on here wants to know what the resident conspiracy theorists feels...Thanks for sharing. LOL

;)

85Sooner
2/23/2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah...85...I'm sure EVERYONE on here wants to know what the resident conspiracy theorists feels...Thanks for sharing. LOL

;)

Keep on smokin lil boy.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 10:52 PM
All I hear is a Coo-Coo bird...LOL :D

JohnnyMack
2/23/2010, 10:57 PM
Obama is FAR closer to true Republican principles than Dubya ever was...and that, in itself, shows just how skewed our political identities have become in the U.S. nowadays.

You're either a) drunk b) stupid or c) just trolling.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 11:19 PM
Or damn accurate.

Dubya out spent Obama, engaged in nation building, expanded the Federal Government, tried to create laws that expanded into our homes and bedrooms, engaged in deficit spending and sold out to corporate overlords at the nation's detriment.

Those are NOT Republican principles.

rainiersooner
2/23/2010, 11:27 PM

Neo-con hacks...

Maybe it's because you and me are on the west coast - but I've been trying to explain this line of thinking to my friends out here who are progressives, liberals, etc., and the blank looks on their faces probably says more about the polarized state of American political culture than any book or magazine article ever could....

2/23/2010, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner
"Obama is FAR closer to true Republican principles than Dubya ever was..."

Hell, if that's what you think, NO EFFING WONDER you call yourself a republican.

ndpruitt03
2/23/2010, 11:31 PM
Obama and co have gotten the national debt from around 10 trillion when he was elected to 12 trillion and it'll be 2 trillion more by the end of next year. It took Bush 8 years to spend our debt from 5 to 10 trillion.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner
"Obama is FAR closer to true Republican principles than Dubya ever was..."

Hell, if that's what you think, NO EFFING WONDER you call yourself a republican.I thought I was on ignore? ;)

Either way...I'm closer to a true Republican than YOU'LL ever be, Neo-Con.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2010, 11:47 PM
Obama and co have gotten the national debt from around 10 trillion when he was elected to 12 trillion and it'll be 2 trillion more by the end of next year. It took Bush 8 years to spend our debt from 5 to 10 trillion.You need to go recheck your figures.

ndpruitt03
2/24/2010, 12:39 AM
You need to go recheck your figures.

Check the facts. From 2000-2008 the national debt doubled from about 5 trillion to 10 trillion. From Aug 2008-2009 it's gone from 10 trillion to 12 trillion and is expected to be about 13.5-14 trillion.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gKhLi3eEf-L7WC7-a9PiY3A5NrpQ

LosAngelesSooner
2/24/2010, 01:11 AM
All that to fix Dubya's mess and slow down the fall that he started...and Dubya even inherited a surplus...WOW.

Dubya was a REAL ****up.

C&CDean
2/24/2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe it's because you and me are on the west coast - but I've been trying to explain this line of thinking to my friends out here who are progressives, liberals, etc., and the blank looks on their faces probably says more about the polarized state of American political culture than any book or magazine article ever could....

Ain't that the truth. I used to work in Seattle several times a year. Watching the local news up there left me just sitting there with my mouth agape and shaking my head. In Oklahoma, the first 10 minutes are about some crazy lady who has too many dogs or some feel good piece. In Seattle, it was all about the righteousness of putting nails in trees to **** up the loggers, all kinds of zany "save the orcas of Puget Sound" and stuff like that.

I was up there when Kurt Cobain decided to make a giant hole in his head. After work that day I go to a little Irish bar I used to hit called the Owl & Thistle. There's people wailing. I mean like those ragheads who wail when Israelis blow their **** up. They had candles going, holding hands and chanting and all kinds of weird ****. I order my beer at the bar (no, it wasn't a POS Redhook) and ask the bartender "why all the grief?" He goes "you didn't hear, Kurt Cobain commited suicide today" and he starts to weep too. I mean weep. WTF? So me, being the ever sensitive kinda guy goes "jeezus, you'd have thought the pope of rome died or something. Y'all are carrying on like this just because some POS junky wasted himself? Get a ****ing grip man." I almost had to fight my way out of that place. I had angry young grunge chicks wanting to claw my eyes out. Literally, I had to threaten a couple of them to back the hell off while I finished my drink. I left and went and drank at my hotel.

Weird place, the left coast.

C&CDean
2/24/2010, 10:01 AM
Oh, and the obligatory "LAS you're as full of **** as the Christmas goose."

Bourbon St Sooner
2/24/2010, 10:07 AM
I think you should throw your keyboard in the toilet. Everything you post is so absurd it's laughable.

Fixed

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 01:50 PM
Ain't that the truth. I used to work in Seattle several times a year. Watching the local news up there left me just sitting there with my mouth agape and shaking my head. In Oklahoma, the first 10 minutes are about some crazy lady who has too many dogs or some feel good piece. In Seattle, it was all about the righteousness of putting nails in trees to **** up the loggers, all kinds of zany "save the orcas of Puget Sound" and stuff like that.

I was up there when Kurt Cobain decided to make a giant hole in his head. After work that day I go to a little Irish bar I used to hit called the Owl & Thistle. There's people wailing. I mean like those ragheads who wail when Israelis blow their **** up. They had candles going, holding hands and chanting and all kinds of weird ****. I order my beer at the bar (no, it wasn't a POS Redhook) and ask the bartender "why all the grief?" He goes "you didn't hear, Kurt Cobain commited suicide today" and he starts to weep too. I mean weep. WTF? So me, being the ever sensitive kinda guy goes "jeezus, you'd have thought the pope of rome died or something. Y'all are carrying on like this just because some POS junky wasted himself? Get a ****ing grip man." I almost had to fight my way out of that place. I had angry young grunge chicks wanting to claw my eyes out. Literally, I had to threaten a couple of them to back the hell off while I finished my drink. I left and went and drank at my hotel.

That's awesome! I love the owl and thistle - it's two blocks from my work...great little irish bar...I'll raise a glass for you next time I'm there. And I can absolutely imagine the reaction. I was asked to leave a bar here once when I told the bartendress that I voted for Bush. Seriously, she asked me to leave and said my money was no good. The ironic part was that I in fact did not vote for Bush - but the self-righteousness was just too much for me not to mess with. It's less like that on the Eastside of the city, but sadly narrow mindedness certainly is not owned by people of either political persuasion.

Also, I live near Kurt Cobain's ex house and EVERY TIME I drive by, there are at least two or three people standing outside the gate. Oooooooh look, this is where he blew a whole in his head!!! Wow. In defense of the people of Seattle, the people are almost always Japanese, German, or Danish.

C&CDean
2/24/2010, 01:55 PM
Do they still have all the "homeless vets" begging down by the water and Pike Place? They used to be thick down there.

sooner_born_1960
2/24/2010, 01:58 PM
That's awesome! I love the owl and thistle - it's two blocks from my work...great little irish bar...I'll raise a glass for you next time I'm there. And I can absolutely imagine the reaction. I was asked to leave a bar here once when I told the bartendress that I voted for Bush. Seriously, she asked me to leave and said my money was no good. The ironic part was that I in fact did not vote for Bush - but the self-righteousness was just too much for me not to mess with. It's less like that on the Eastside of the city, but sadly narrow mindedness certainly is not owned by people of either political persuasion.

Also, I live near Kurt Cobain's ex house and EVERY TIME I drive by, there are at least two or three people standing outside the gate. Oooooooh look, this is where he blew a whole in his head!!! Wow. In defense of the people of Seattle, the people are almost always Japanese, German, or Danish.
You can leave now. :)

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 01:59 PM
Do they still have all the "homeless vets" begging down by the water and Pike Place? They used to be thick down there.

Yes and its getting worse with the new bonehead mayor McGinn. It's not just concentrated around those areas though - it's kind of all over. I love this city and I've lived here most of my life...my one continued gripe is how soft successive mayoral administrations have been on crime, panhandling, soliciting, etc. They talk about creating a vibrant urban core, but can't seem to figure out that people need to feel safe walking around the streets for that to happen. The new mayor is a true moron.

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 02:00 PM
You can leave now. :)

I voted for his Dad - does that count? ;)

C&CDean
2/24/2010, 02:00 PM
Heh. And you've gotta love "Red Square" on the UW campus. I saw that and went "yep."

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 02:04 PM
Heh. And you've gotta love "Red Square" on the UW campus. I saw that and went "yep."

Or the Lenin statue in Fremont!?

At least we're not as bad as Portland!!! Those people are FREAKS!!! :eek:

2/24/2010, 02:06 PM
Heh. And you've gotta love "Red Square" on the UW campus. I saw that and went "yep."Seattle is a massively unionized area, isn't it?

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 02:17 PM
Seattle is a massively unionized area, isn't it?

I don't know about Seattle, but the state of Washington is at 20% union participation compared to a national average of (I believe) 12%. Most of those union jobs though probably fall outside the city - i.e., Everett and Renton for Boeing, etc. Other than Port of Seattle and fishing industry and other expected construction jobs, Seattle jobs tend to skew to high tech and other non-union service jobs. So, I don't know for sure, but I don't think Seattle is more of a union city than other major metropolitan areas.

2/24/2010, 02:35 PM
That 20% is a whole lotta folks that potentially view business as an enemy, so the overall orientation of the area is Shirley understandable.

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 04:53 PM
That 20% is a whole lotta folks that potentially view business as an enemy, so the overall orientation of the area is Shirley understandable.

Seattle aside, Washington as a whole is pretty evenly split amongst party lines - last two gubernatorial races went either to a recount or the wire. Palin has no chance of carrying this state, but someone like Romney does, especially if he endorses candidates who are seen as moderates, like McCain - which to go back to the origin of the thread, is why I'm sure he did.

If Romney won the primary and went up against Obama - would you stay home or would you vote for Romney?

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 04:54 PM

Seattle aside, Washington as a whole is pretty evenly split amongst party lines - last two gubernatorial races went either to a recount or the wire. Palin has no chance of carrying this state, but someone like Romney does, especially if he endorses candidates who are seen as moderates, like McCain - which to go back to the origin of the thread, is why I'm sure he did.

If Romney won the primary and went up against Obama - would you stay home or would you vote for Romney?

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 05:09 PM

2/24/2010, 05:17 PM

If Romney won the primary and went up against Obama - would you stay home or would you vote for Romney?If Obama coninues down the path he's been on, even McCain could beat him. I bet Palin could, too. If Obama does a few things sensibly, it would take a perceived conservative to beat him. A RINO wouldn't cut it. But, I think Obama will keep dealing the misery, and yes, even Romney could beat him, in that case.

(but, I think it's now unlikely Romney will get the nomination)

rainiersooner
2/24/2010, 05:53 PM
If Obama coninues down the path he's been on, even McCain could beat him. I bet Palin could, too.

I would bet you two 50 yard line tickets to the 2012 BCS Championship Game that there is ZERO chance Palin could beat Obama even if it was revealed that he was in fact born in Kenya.

2/24/2010, 06:06 PM
I would bet you two 50 yard line tickets to the 2012 BCS Championship Game that there is ZERO chance Palin could beat Obama even if it was revealed that he was in fact born in Kenya.I get it that you don't think Palin would win haha

LosAngelesSooner
2/24/2010, 06:30 PM

Give me a minute and I'll whip up a fictional account about the silliness of people in the Dirt Coast area of the US. It'll be just as funny as yours...hold on...;) Oh, yeah...and the Obligatory "What a well thought out and reasonable counter to my argument, Dean" post... :D

SoonerInKCMO
2/24/2010, 06:44 PM

Weird... all I ever saw on the news were stories about Snoqualmie Pass being shut down by a blizzard and/or avalanche.

King Barry's Back
2/24/2010, 07:53 PM
Wow, Seatleites do a nice job of jacking this thread, so score them one to nothing against the "food posters trying to jack the thread" team.

My question: What you guys got against John McCain?

Look, I've met JD Hayworth several times -- back when he was a pretty new Congressman. He's a very genuine, down-to-earth guy; good conservative credentials -- and he's someone I'd be happy to vote for against about any Dem he might ever run against.

But he is not and won't be the national leader that John McCain is.

I know McCain likes to be a pain in the *** by occassionally pandering to the leftist press by staking out some high vis position consistent with Democrat Party talking points -- but his governing philosophy in the end has been pretty consistently conservative.

I've always viewed his leftist tendancies as more of a reflexive attempt to offer himself as "moderate" to enhance his electoral chances at the national level.

And, now that his national level electoral chances are zero, looks to me like he's finally become a pretty reliable conservative legislator.

In short, I don't think John McCain is the second coming or anything, but for AZ, I think they'd be better sending him back one more time than elevating JD Hayworth -- who looks to me like someone born to the House of Representatives.

2/24/2010, 08:20 PM
AAAAAARRRRGH!

LosAngelesSooner
2/24/2010, 11:03 PM
If Obama coninues down the path he's been on, even McCain could beat him. I bet Palin could, too. If Obama does a few things sensibly, it would take a perceived conservative to beat him. A RINO wouldn't cut it. But, I think Obama will keep dealing the misery, and yes, even Romney could beat him, in that case.

(but, I think it's now unlikely Romney will get the nomination)The irony is that you, and other Tea Baggers, are the Rinos. ;)

JohnnyMack
2/24/2010, 11:05 PM
The irony is that you, and other Tea Baggers, are the Rinos. ;)

Don't get all winky faced with him, by your own level of insanity you probably think Obama is more of Republican than the tea baggers are.

tommieharris91
2/24/2010, 11:11 PM
Don't get all winky faced with him, by your own level of insanity you probably think Obama is more of Republican than the tea baggers are.

He said that himself.

ndpruitt03
2/24/2010, 11:32 PM
Most tea partiers were not of a party so they couldn't be RINOs I'm not a republican either in fact I think the republican party is a joke.

LosAngelesSooner
2/24/2010, 11:52 PM
Don't get all winky faced with him, by your own level of insanity you probably think Obama is more of Republican than the tea baggers are.Closer than Dubya was.

Tea Baggers are too big of a group to generalize like that. Unless you want to say, quite accurately, that they are more of a "bitching, whining and moaning support group" than any kind of actual viable political movement or party.

THAT would be true. :pop:

Soonerus
2/24/2010, 11:58 PM
Why do you guys constantly babble about this nonsense ??? You'll never covert each other, what is the point ???

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2010, 12:04 AM
Why do you guys constantly babble about this nonsense ??? You'll never covert each other, what is the point ???The trolls love this kind of thread Rus.....and, LAS just likes to use the term "tea baggers" because his hero Kieth uses it.:D

LosAngelesSooner
2/25/2010, 12:39 AM
At least spell the guy's name right.

Oh, and by the way, I actually don't watch his show at all.

Soonerus
2/25/2010, 12:54 AM
At least spell the guy's name right.

Oh, and by the way, I actually don't watch his show at all.

Yes, it should be Kthie...

rainiersooner
2/25/2010, 02:34 AM
Let's get back to talking about Seattle, please.