PDA

View Full Version : Free funeral!

Veritas
2/23/2010, 12:46 PM
Just got a telemarketing recording to this effect.

Do they know something I don't?

goingoneight
2/23/2010, 12:48 PM
A concrete block, a pickup truck fit to seat immediate family members to the bridge over the river and a complementary flower for the misses.

badger
2/23/2010, 02:04 PM
So I must be an old enough alumni now to get calls from OU students asking for donations, because I've been receiving them.

Flagstaffsooner
2/23/2010, 02:15 PM
oSu funerals are cheap. Have the cat dig a hole, let the cat crap in it. throw the aggie in and let the cat cover it up.

yermom
2/23/2010, 02:40 PM
So I must be an old enough alumni now to get calls from OU students asking for donations, because I've been receiving them.

me too

and i'm not even an alum :mad:

badger
2/23/2010, 02:59 PM
btw, if you are a recipient of one of these calls, I had friends with this gig back in college and you get paid $10 an hour regardless of how many people actually donate... so feel free to say 'no.'

I've also had friends do phone soliciting back in high school... very sh!t gig, but again, the solicitor generally does not get an eff if you donate or not, because they get paid regardless and just have to keep calling whether or not you're interested.

NormanPride
2/23/2010, 03:22 PM
Sometimes I just like to talk to them. If they sound lonely or bored I like to try and cheer them up.