PDA

View Full Version : Are biggest weakness as a football team is....

oudavid1
2/23/2010, 12:40 PM
Offense: Left Guard

Defense: Cornerback

Your thoughts?

kbsooner
2/23/2010, 12:47 PM
not proofing post titles?

oudavid1
2/23/2010, 12:53 PM
trying to be funny....trying

landrun
2/23/2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know what position is to blame, but I wish we'd fine some way to stop the intermediate passing over the middle of the field. :mad:
Is this LB? Safety? CB? I don't know. But it needs fixen! :D

badger
2/23/2010, 01:26 PM

try not do or do not. there is no try.[/yoda]

KantoSooner
2/23/2010, 02:05 PM
try not do or do not. there is no try.[/yoda]

Badger, you've been on a tear the last coupla days. All those ****s and stuff. You okay?
Signed: Concerned enjoyer of Badger posts

SoonerLB
2/23/2010, 02:05 PM
Play calling, both quality and timeliness thereof.

badger
2/23/2010, 03:16 PM
Badger, you've been on a tear the last coupla days. All those ****s and stuff. You okay?
Signed: Concerned enjoyer of Badger posts

are you referring to my anger at sc? if you were at the game that never happened and thus should never be mentioned and stuff, then you, too, would be dropping the f-bomb anytimes those effers were mentioned.

Jacie
2/23/2010, 03:16 PM
I thought it was Talk Like a Pirate Day . . .

NormanPride
2/23/2010, 03:41 PM
Offense: TE
Defense: DT

We'll be fine on the OL, but probably not great. Landry, DeMarco, and improved WRs will make them look better. But we need a solution at TE, or else it will be another frustrating year in the red zone.

As for defense, I've seen enough out of the backup secondary guys that I think we'll be fine. However, you don't just replace a top 5 DT and not miss a beat. I really, REALLY home McFarland continues to improve, and we need to get our guys back from injury...

TahoeSOONER
2/23/2010, 03:48 PM
Running the ball, I know we got some quality horses but we couldn't run on teams last year.

You can't put everything on your QB and I would like to see OU get back to running the ball effectively when everyone knows were going to run, being more physical upfront.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/23/2010, 03:49 PM
I don't know what position is to blame, but I wish we'd fine some way to stop the intermediate passing over the middle of the field. :mad:

I thought this was vastly improved last year. Even in games like K State and stuff.

rawlingsHOH
2/23/2010, 03:52 PM

Reynolds and Lofton were exposed a bit in 07. Reynolds again in 09. Just doesn't have the ideal range at the Mike.

KantoSooner
2/23/2010, 03:56 PM
are you referring to my anger at sc? if you were at the game that never happened and thus should never be mentioned and stuff, then you, too, would be dropping the f-bomb anytimes those effers were mentioned.

Well, is that all?
Psychotic hatred of USC, their alumni, the city they squat in, all they hold holy, etc., is merely rational.
Glad to know it was nothing seriously wrong.
Cheers!

East Coast Bias
2/23/2010, 04:37 PM
I would say playing quality teams on the road has been our biggest weakness recently.Hopefully our bowl game victory put an end to some of that.

oudavid1
2/23/2010, 05:11 PM
I think losing to 6'1 and 6'2 corners both around 200lbs is a big deal. New guys are all 5'11 and shorter and 20lbs lighter. I also think Hanna is a good TE and I'm NOT worried about DT

yermom
2/23/2010, 05:17 PM
i thought Ratteree was showing flashes of brilliance as well

i'm not trilled to be replacing Jackson and Franks

stone hands killed us a lot last year too

Collier11
2/23/2010, 05:26 PM
The Fans

yermom
2/23/2010, 05:58 PM
are fans our pretty bad sometimes

SoonerLB
2/23/2010, 07:04 PM
............ well, sometimes they our

JLEW1818
2/23/2010, 07:53 PM
The offensive line. It sucks. Sucks. We lost trent simmons and Eldridge. Do fans really think it's just going to get better? Lol. The oline is still at this point a huge disadvantage. HUGE

Collier11
2/23/2010, 08:02 PM
actually we could get alot better, alot of the time the O Line isnt as much about overall talent as it is continuity. We need 5 or 6 guys who can play every down and stay healthy

gaylordfan1
2/23/2010, 08:15 PM
Should I say... its doubtful it could get worse!

JLEW1818
2/23/2010, 08:18 PM
I'd do gay things for a 2008 oline.

gaylordfan1
2/23/2010, 08:23 PM
Please elaborate jlew..... :pop:

sooner ngintunr
2/23/2010, 09:33 PM
BV...

gaylordfan1
2/23/2010, 09:36 PM
And here we go......

Curly Bill
2/23/2010, 10:31 PM
BV...

I'm not gonna chime in here, but I will give ya some spek. :D

soonerinkaty
2/23/2010, 10:32 PM

I'd do gay things to you for free.

gaylordfan1
2/23/2010, 10:34 PM
Well OUr LB's this year will give him some spek as a coach.... if they will avoid peeing on the field between plays on national tv.

swardboy
2/23/2010, 10:44 PM
All your base our mine......

soonerinkaty
2/23/2010, 10:51 PM
I'm in you base killing your d00ds

oudavid1
2/23/2010, 10:55 PM

That is the greatest thing ever said, that being....i'm going have to ask you to leave

gaylordfan1
2/23/2010, 11:31 PM
jlew reserves the right to do whatever it takes with his teams wellbeing in mind.

Collier11
2/23/2010, 11:52 PM
and he will, over and over....and over

goingoneight
2/24/2010, 09:36 AM
Every unit has much to prove. QB needs improvement (both starter and backup), the ground game needs to step it up BIG TIME (mostly on the OL) and guys up front have got to improve and stay healthy. TE was nonexistent until we played a shoddy pass defense in the Who Cares Bowl, so that needs to go under the microscope, too. Out wide it isn't speed or athletes we're lacking... it's dependable hands not belonging to anyone named Broyles.

DL is replacing English for good, so Big Frank is no longer just the solid backup... he's got to continue his impressive body of work and no one has seen a pulse out of OUr 2s. No GK, and prepare yourself for no Taylor given the severity of that nasty broken leg. Sure, we've got McFarland... but we had a Heisman winner last year too... for two quarters.

LB I'm thinking will be solid.

Secondary is shifting bodies around to accomodate losses... what does this say about the group as a whole?

IronHorseSooner
2/24/2010, 11:10 AM
I think the moves in the secondary are due to them wanting to get the most experience out there. Behind Nelson and Hurst are some guys who were hurt last season or true frosh. The only other guy who wasn't either of those was Lamar Harris, and he's a bigger corner who might see some time. What I wonder on the DL is if they will go to more of a 3-4 look with Beal as a spinner. They could put one of those combo guys like Chaisson or McGee at one DE, and Alexander at the other with McFarland in the middle.

I agree LB should be solid, as should safety.

On the O, everywhere could use improvement outside of a guy named Broyles. I think Miller and Reynolds gained a good bit of confidence at the end of the year, but I agree we need guys who can the ball! TE was a gaping hole. Ratterree looked good down the stretch, but I don't know if he's the answer. I have a feeling that we may see Austin Haywood out there sooner than we think.

On STs, Tress should continue to do a great job booming kicks and pinning offenses back. Patty O'Hara just needs more reps. Remember, before the A&M game (I think) he hadn't played a down of football. On KOs, we need to start getting those things in the end zone. If Moreland doesn't get it done, then let Tress, Patty, or Easley try it. Tress may not have accuracy, but he does have a strong leg. On returns, we should be outstanding with Broyles and Madu. It looks like Hurst will get some shots as well. For coverage, we did A LOT better than in 2008, and with the guided missiles that we have out there now, I expect it to only get better.

DakotaSooner
2/24/2010, 11:35 PM
Running the ball, I know we got some quality horses but we couldn't run on teams last year.

You can't put everything on your QB and I would like to see OU get back to running the ball effectively when everyone knows were going to run, being more physical upfront.

I totally agree...our run game goes in spurts. I am sure that Switzer is not enjoying the effort.

GottaHavePride
2/25/2010, 02:17 AM
TRY ARE MCGRIDDLES!

http://taylorsmurphy.com/images/mcdonalds-try-are-mcgriddles.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
2/25/2010, 03:52 AM
and he bends, over and over....and over

FIFY

TUSooner
2/25/2010, 08:39 AM

Pfft. It's "Is biggest weakness...." :rolleyes: