PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT BROWN to vote on his first Spending Bill

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2010, 06:12 PM
another "jobs" bill. Way to go, Scott!

rainiersooner
2/22/2010, 08:50 PM
How did that work out for the Republicans RLIMC?

2/22/2010, 09:23 PM
How did that work out for the Republicans RLIMC?If he makes one good vote(as expected)sometime, he'll be light years ahead of Chappaquiddick Ted.

rainiersooner
2/22/2010, 09:42 PM
If he makes one good vote(as expected)sometime, he'll be light years ahead of Chappaquiddick Ted.

Ted Kennedy is a pretty low standard for him.

I think Brown is going to go out of his way to be a moderate and centrist republican with an eye to running for president (probably goes without saying since he's from MA). It will be interesting to see how this will play out in the GOP.

2/22/2010, 09:50 PM
Ted Kennedy is a pretty low standard for him.

I think Brown is going to go out of his way to be a moderate and centrist republican with an eye to running for president (probably goes without saying since he's from MA). It will be interesting to see how this will play out in the GOP.Lots of opinions and assumptions, there.

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 09:54 PM
His constituents are not going to support a hard right-winger. He will need to stay in the middle of the road.

Anything is better than Teddy K.

2/22/2010, 11:06 PM
His constituents are not going to support a hard right-winger. He will need to stay in the middle of the road.

Anything is better than Teddy K.Does Scott have 6 yrs, or when is his term up?

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/22/2010, 11:56 PM
He will be out as soon as we find out he hasn't paid taxes in 6 years ;)

Leroy Lizard
2/23/2010, 12:49 AM
It's too bad they couldn't have a water burial for TK at Chappaquiddick. It would have been very fitting.

rainiersooner
2/23/2010, 01:32 AM
Does Scott have 6 yrs, or when is his term up?

I didn't know you had to serve out your current term to run for President.

rainiersooner
2/23/2010, 01:33 AM
Lots of opinions and assumptions, there.

Wow - what gave that away? That I prefaced my comments by saying "I think"? Brilliant observation!

2/23/2010, 01:42 AM
I didn't know you had to serve out your current term to run for President.haha. I'm not so sure he's going to run for pres.

2/23/2010, 01:44 AM
Wow - what gave that away? That I prefaced my comments by saying "I think"? Brilliant observation!I was wondering why you came up with the stuff you did.

King Barry's Back
2/23/2010, 07:16 AM
Looks like Senator Brown will be up for re-election in 2012 -- so he's got less than half-a-term to convince MA to vote him back in.

If he wants to stay in Washington, he'll need to vote with the Dems on some high-profile bills to keep credibility with his state's left-wing electorate.

I think he'll choose to vote with the Dems on some very high vis legislation that is bound to pass anyway -- even though his heart is not in it.

He'll also have to vote DEM at least a couple of times when his vote might be decisive to remain politically viable in the Bay State.

Most of the rest of the time I think he'll be leaning towards voting Repub unless the facts argue otherwise.

I don't think he'll run for president, but I've been wrong before.

85Sooner
2/23/2010, 11:01 AM
Throw them all OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraggle145
2/23/2010, 12:17 PM
RAWR! FILIBUSTER!
http://www.phocabulary.com/words/filibuster.jpg

rainiersooner
2/23/2010, 01:31 PM
I was wondering why you came up with the stuff you did.

No, you're right - conjecture on my part. I do think in all seriousness that to the extent many politicians are cunning self promoters and marketers whose goal is the accumulation of power (and I think this is across the political spectrum), Scott Brown might see an opportunity to fill the void in the center that might be created in the Republican party. He naturally cannot move too far to the right because of the nature of his constituency. He has two career options imo - put his head down and become a career senator or seize the opportunity presented him by the media attention he's been given and the changing political climate. Politicians being what they are, my guess is the latter...but hell, it's not like I actually know the guy, so who knows....

Ike
2/24/2010, 12:27 PM
While all of the attention and ire is on Brown for voting for cloture, what about the ones that voted no on cloture and then turned around and voted yes on the bill itself. Like, perchance, Jim Inhofe?

Why do that?