PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football Player *Tweets* Pictures of Money Received From Recruiting

looch
2/22/2010, 03:10 PM
Luckily not from OU but I can't see why the twitter page is still up.

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/famous-elijah-fields-twitter-pictures.html

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 03:18 PM
He will expect to hear from some DEA agents soon.

NormanPride
2/22/2010, 03:26 PM
Man, I really wish someone would send me that kind of money.

What a dumbass! I can't believe someone could be THAT dumb!

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 03:28 PM
The DEA and the IRS are drawing straws as we speak.

NormanPride
2/22/2010, 03:36 PM
I would happily pay taxes on that. HAPPILY.

looch
2/22/2010, 03:46 PM
Death penalty coming if this is true? BTW: Who makes illegal donations with $5 bills?

MojoRisen
2/22/2010, 03:47 PM
Yep, it is a bunch of ones rolled up in some 20s, 100s and 5s

looch
2/22/2010, 04:06 PM
Yep, it is a bunch of ones rolled up in some 20s, 100s and 5s

It's amazing what promise people will sacrifice for so little. When I have kids I hope I'm able to impress upon them the value of not cheating to get ahead like this. It is sad that it is probably just several 20's wrapped around ones; maybe a day or weeks pay in the real world.

goingoneight
2/22/2010, 05:49 PM
OrangePower will have thousands of threads on this within the hour. Calling for the death penalty, making up stuff about Pitt's history of cheating and paying players... and about three posts into each thread it will somehow end up OU's fault.

AlbqSooner
2/22/2010, 08:21 PM
OrangePower will have thousands of threads on this within the hour. Calling for the death penalty, making up stuff about Pitt's history of cheating and paying players... and about three posts into each thread it will somehow end up OU's fault.

Actually it will probably end up being no big deal compared to what them cheatin gooners do.

freshchris05
2/23/2010, 08:40 AM
what a dumbass

Killerbees
2/25/2010, 04:11 PM
Its almost hard to believe that someone could actually be that stupid. Surely its just a joke. I mean if he is that stupid I do not see how he could have got into Pitt or any school thats not compulsory. Its just too hard to believe. Its tantamount to an olympic athlete posting pics of themselves hitting the juice with the caption "I didnt know roids would make me faster Sike!!!! I knew."

goingoneight
2/25/2010, 05:29 PM
There are kids who sign every single year to major college football programs who have to have their mama read their statement for them because they can't read or something like that. One of the things that's always pissed me off about sports is coaches and even teachers for Pete's sake letting this happen.

You think he's a total fool to post pics like this because like you or I, we understand through common sense that this was a stupid move on his part. He probably truly knows no better because of the culture of athletics. "If he runs 4.4, I don't give a damn how smart he is!"

I wonder if the coaches and teachers ever feel guilty for this.

GottaHavePride
2/25/2010, 05:56 PM
The ones that bother me are the mentally handicapped kids who are so convinced they're going to be huge NFL or NBA stars that they won't even TRY to learn enough skills to hold down some sort of real job.

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2010, 07:25 PM
There are kids who sign every single year to major college football programs who have to have their mama read their statement for them because they can't read or something like that. One of the things that's always pissed me off about sports is coaches and even teachers for Pete's sake letting this happen.

Same here, but I'm not sure what to do about it. The NCAA is limited in its ability to keep one school from hauling in the imbeciles that other schools turn away. One idea I posted many years ago was to have each player take the GRE at the end of their junior year. Score too low and your team loses a scholarship.

This was an idea offered by author Murray Sperber. He claimed that if we incorporated this plan, the schools that claim to be havens for intellectuals would be thoroughly embarrassed by the results. (Ahem, Texas.)

StoopTroup
2/25/2010, 07:56 PM
Here is the guy that leroid thinks can save football...lol

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/images/sports/jan-june05/sports_sperb4.jpg

Sperber was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on 30 November 1940.

StoopTroup
2/25/2010, 07:59 PM
I've had leroid on ignore for about a week or so and I though..."What the hell...let's have a look see at what he's posting here". I should have known better...lol

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2010, 09:08 PM
I was wondering what happened to your idiotic responses. Now I know.

baylrballa
2/26/2010, 08:14 PM
ur a div 1 college football player. Sike, no ur not. lol.

haha

yermom
2/26/2010, 08:27 PM
i guess he deleted his Twitter account, but left up the Twitpic page. i'd guess it's probably hard to access without a Twitter account, but i'm not sure

but anyway, lulz

i'm sure Troy to Sam Houston State have a spot for him ;)

VA Sooner
2/27/2010, 08:46 AM
How did Bomar turn out? Haven't heard much lately.

Taking pictures of "football money"... idiot. This is a process of natural selection... Maurice Clarett anyone?

rawlingsHOH
2/28/2010, 02:23 AM
How did Bomar turn out? Haven't heard much lately.

I believe the Giants activated him for the last couple regular season games, but did not play.

sooneron
2/28/2010, 02:43 PM
If this kid plays in traffic he's a Darwin award shoe in!