PDA

View Full Version : Ar-tic-u-la-tion

budbarrybob
2/22/2010, 10:36 AM
For quite a few years we've had some great players that didn't possess this ability. It seems that has changed drastically for the better. So who in your opinion had the Worst public speaking ability?

My vote: Demond Parker. It was almost comical/painful to watch him do post-games.

What say you?

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 10:47 AM
I say that we should focus on past players and those that play for other teams.

yermom
2/22/2010, 12:52 PM
you'd think with all the Communication majors they'd be better at it ;)

i was always impressed with JD Runnels as far as football players go

rainiersooner
2/22/2010, 12:56 PM
I say that we should focus on past players and those that play for other teams.

Agree with this...I'd probably even leave the past players out of it.

cvsooner
2/22/2010, 01:19 PM
Marcus Dupree the worst. Spencer Tillman the best.

Widescreen
2/22/2010, 02:14 PM
Bradford, not too great. Actually I guess his articulation isn't bad, but his overall speaking ability needs work.

Broyles is decent.

B. Clay sounds like he's got some speaking ability.

Agree about Tillman. Plus, he did an awesome Rodney Dangerfield impression.

Jello Biafra
2/22/2010, 02:20 PM
this is not going to end well.

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/22/2010, 02:23 PM
GK gets my vote for sense of humor during media interviews.

CHOMP!

Tigeman
2/22/2010, 02:36 PM
I always kind of Face Palmed when Torrance Marshall would get interviewed.

But in his defense he's DRASTICALLY improved. While I was searching for some of his old interviews, I stumbled upon some of his newer pro interviews. WAYYYY better!

LRoss
2/22/2010, 02:55 PM
I always thought there should be a class or something to help teach kids how to speak to the media, handle press conferences, and in 2010 any kind of public social media as well. They're representing their institutions, after all, and far, far too many of them come off looking terrible. How hard would this be, really?

Collier11
2/22/2010, 03:00 PM
KeJuan was bad

NCSooner18
2/22/2010, 03:01 PM
Not so much articulation but one of my all time favorite quotes was from, I think Tony Rayburn?. Might have the name all wrong. SI did there "best parking lots in college football" story. They made a big deal some guys Mercedes, which was actually pretty old and he had restored it himself. Whoever the DB was said..."I think they are making a mole hole out of a ant hill"

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 03:22 PM
The Mercedes was owned by Charles Thompson, IIRC. I think it was an old heap.

Brian Bosworth's speaking was actually pretty good, for a football player. And don't forget J.C. Watts.

KantoSooner
2/22/2010, 03:35 PM
Gumby, the man, at 40.

Mos' artikuhlat coach in Div 1, hands down.

Collier11
2/22/2010, 03:38 PM
The Mercedes was owned by Charles Thompson, IIRC. I think it was an old heap.

Brian Bosworth's speaking was actually pretty good, for a football player. And don't forget J.C. Watts.

Alot of people either dont realize or dont remember that The Boz was a Academic All American

KantoSooner
2/22/2010, 04:18 PM
It was interesting to watch the progression of Brian Bosworth to The Boz. Not coincidentally, the hair, the persona, the whole bit happened about 3 months after Ahnold's movie 'Commando' came out.
It could be argued that young Brian figured out that football is part of the entertainment industry......and that well known entertainers are paid far more than unknowns.
Just a theory.

DarrellZero
2/22/2010, 04:25 PM
Too bad we didn't get Myron Rolle.

That guy sounds pretty smart.

Jello Biafra
2/22/2010, 04:31 PM

yeh...i would say so...rhodes scholar and whut not..

yermom
2/22/2010, 05:17 PM
that's all well and good until he ditches football for a year to go to school somewhere else :D

Tigeman
2/22/2010, 05:30 PM

Go listen to his interview that's currently on the ESPN college football website. Very well spoken!

Widescreen
2/22/2010, 05:55 PM
Boo Blake was the worst. It was embarrassing.

Gary Gibbs wasn't great either, but mostly it was because he was so boring. :)

Jdog
2/22/2010, 07:57 PM
It was interesting to watch the progression of Brian Bosworth to The Boz. Not coincidentally, the hair, the persona, the whole bit happened about 3 months after Ahnold's movie 'Commando' came out.
It could be argued that young Brian figured out that football is part of the entertainment industry......and that well known entertainers are paid far more than unknowns.
Just a theory.

He and Dr. Death were good buddy's - I think they both understood that it was all about entertainment.

AlbqSooner
2/22/2010, 08:17 PM
I won't name the player because I am not sure which one it was. A kid who grew up in Florida and went to college in Alabama was drafted by the Tampa Bay Bucs several years ago. A reporter asked him about being drafted to play in his home state of Florida. His response: "It dis be mine boddlin."

salth2o
2/22/2010, 11:06 PM
Alot of people either dont realize or dont remember that The Boz was a Academic All American

an ;)

I am guessing you were not. :D