PDA

View Full Version : How many signees will we have for 2011?

IronHorseSooner
2/22/2010, 10:16 AM
By my count here's who we will lose to graduation:

RB: Murray, Madu (2)
TE: Mensik (1)
WR: Caleb, Kenney (2)
OL: Brandon, Jeffries (2)
DL: Beal, Taylor (2)
DB: Nelson, Carter (2)

That would be 11 guys gone. Now, I know that guys like Broyles, T. Lewis, and maybe Frank Alexander would consider leaving, but that is still a small class. We already have five guys. We've shored up a number of positions with the 2010 class, so I am wondering where they will go. I bet they get another RB, unless the move for Harris to RB becomes permanent.

OU44life
2/22/2010, 03:04 PM
By my count here's who we will lose to graduation:

We've shored up a number of positions with the 2010 class, so I am wondering where they will go. I bet they get another RB, unless the move for Harris to RB becomes permanent.

Yes you would have to think that Malcolm Brown, Herschel Sims, or Aaron Green would seriously considering OU, though its probably between Sims and Brown.

Ruf/Nek7
2/22/2010, 05:01 PM
Yes you would have to think that Malcolm Brown, Herschel Sims, or Aaron Green would seriously considering OU, though its probably between Sims and Brown

Going after a RB is a sure thing...Don't think Sims will choose OU and it comes down to Brown or Green which Malcolm Brown has been rumored to be leaning towards OU. Its all about Jonathan Gray 2012 Aledo High School!!!!!

HillbillyRay
2/28/2010, 10:26 AM
ive read we will have somewhere in the 17-19 range, witch leaves us 12-14 now with 5 guys in the fold hopefully we can land brown i think he fits into our offense better than green...

Ruf/Nek7
3/1/2010, 08:57 PM
We are in high regards with Brown....it is more likely that we land him. 17-19 sounds about right maybe a couple more!

Herr Scholz
3/2/2010, 02:04 AM
We are in high regards with Brown....it is more likely that we land him. 17-19 sounds about right maybe a couple more!

Curious to your thinking. I've read that Brown was pretty open at this point.

gaylordfan1
3/2/2010, 09:17 AM
I still think going heavy on the o-line won't hurt. Still short a QB, its my understanding that college teams go 4 deep at this position.... and thats if Allen doesn't decide to leave.

Ruf/Nek7
3/2/2010, 05:36 PM
Allen wont leave. He will be given an oppurtunity to take the helms this year. As for Brown, you never know with kids and recruiting, take Corey Nelson for ex. but sources close have even said he is a soft verbal for some time now. We will see in the end. We have had some good luck recruiting that area and maybe bringing in that DL from Steele, with McClain already here, will help Brown choose the Promise Land!

gaylordfan1
3/3/2010, 09:09 AM
I guess I was saying Allen may leave if he doesn't win the job this year and gets no playing time. Then, one would think he might think about it.

MojoRisen
3/3/2010, 09:22 AM
He could be one play away from starting the rest of the year. I don't think he was expecting to Start as a RS Frosh at OU and he will definitely play and be getting a lot of work/reps in practice. If anything he may transfer after this year if he is getting pressure from Bell and Landry has a good year.

Ruf/Nek7
3/3/2010, 06:14 PM
Ok well at that point I agree. He will for sure be here this next year but with the emergence of Bell and Thompson (2011) and Landry going into his 3rd year Allen will be on his way out and we will have a thread on here predicting where he will transfer to.