PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Invitational 2/26-2/28

Ardmore_Sooner
2/22/2010, 12:11 AM
2/26 vs Valparaiso

Valpo went 0-3 this last weekend with a trip to McNeese State. The Crusaders lost 7-6, 8-2, and 12-0. This Friday night game SHOULD be an easy one.

2/27 @ Richmond

Richmond posted a better record this weekend going 2-1 in the North Florida Tournament (also in Jacksonville). The Spiders beat Florida A&M 23-1, beat North Florida 16-11, and lost on Sunday to Ohio State 20-9. This team definitely has the bats, if we can match them in that aspect, our pitching should be able to get the job done.

2/28 vs Jacksonville

Jacksonville posted a 1-2 record this past weekend playing at home against UNC Wilmington. The Dolphins lost 6-3 and 8-5 before winning 4-3 on Sunday. You can never overlook these smaller opponents (especially since it is technically a home game for them). Personally I think Richmond will by far our toughest opponent.

The SDSU series was a great way to start, but this weekend will be the first of three tournaments/classics we will be playing in this year. If we can keep the bats going and lock-down on our pitching we should be able to handle all of these games going into the home season against UT Arlington and then the Sooner Classic the next weekend.

Collier11
2/22/2010, 12:13 AM
we need to be 7-0 coming home or the momentum from SDSU will be tarnished some

Ardmore_Sooner
2/22/2010, 12:21 AM
I agree. This team just needs to stay focused and not let that one series go to their heads. We have a great chance of being 12-0 going into the midweek Dallas Baptist game in a couple of weeks and the USF games at home in the Sooner Classic should be a great test of what this team has.

Collier11
2/22/2010, 12:22 AM
fo sho, I like what Shore and The Freshman Gibson gave us on the mound, im interested to see how Neal responds to a rough outing in his 2nd go

soonerguild
2/22/2010, 10:55 AM
fo sho, I like what Shore and The Freshman Gibson gave us on the mound, im interested to see how Neal responds to a rough outing in his 2nd go

As am I sir.

HillbillyRay
2/24/2010, 07:05 PM
that would be nice to see, its always good for a pitcher to get some confidence early on...GO SOONERS!