PDA

View Full Version : Silly, silly pokes

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=88986

Raising ticket prices again.

Here is their smartest guy, sort of...

I will like to challenge holder to not increase ticket prices until we beat uo or texass. We haven't beat either one since 2002. 2009 was to be "the year" but our record shows no improvement over the previous year. We got slaughtered at home by the horns and shut out by the goons when this was to be the year we were going to finally beat them again. Mike Holder, let's set our sights higher and not make fans and alumni pay more to see the same product.

If we beat. either tu or uo this year I will not complain about an increase in ticket prices for the following year. Until then I will bitch and moan about it. How long does he expect to milk us for more money and not produce any wins against the top tier teams in the conference? Heck the sand aggies have managed to beat both of them. Why shouldn't we?

olevetonahill
2/21/2010, 07:45 AM
I tend to agree with the dude ya quoted.

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 07:50 AM
Yup, until they beat us goons.:D

AlbqSooner
2/21/2010, 08:22 AM
I enjoyed the guy who said hold on to your tickets or you will end up in the upper corners when you come back on board.

Have they sold out any games in the past 10 years?

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 08:35 AM
OU games.:O

olevetonahill
2/21/2010, 08:41 AM
OU games.:O

Not so sure about that . They had to buy Season tickets to get the OU game ticket didnt they ?

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 08:50 AM
Think it was one of those WEZ 4 things. What the hell does that mean? WeEatZoo****4times a day?

okiedokie
2/21/2010, 10:28 AM
So now they have to trade two sheep per ticket? what's the big deal? :)

Collier11
2/21/2010, 10:31 AM
thats a big deal for them

OUTrumpet
2/21/2010, 10:31 AM
Think it was one of those WEZ 4 things. What the hell does that mean? WeEatZoo****4times a day?

I think it means West-end zone 4 packs.

It took me a minute too before I remembered their goofy *** stadium went the wrong way.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/21/2010, 10:50 AM
OP is actually pretty fun to read. I'm not going to lie. There are the delusional, pessimists, the optimists, and the realists, who are usually along the same lines as the pessimists.

Demand dictates price. You may as well hold on to your season tickets now while you have some. If you don't want to pay for the increase and let them go, you will find yourself in the upper corners when you come back on board. If you're lucky.
Optimist. Only way they start selling out that stadium is if they win a national championship and OU heads the other direction fast. Then they might pick up some of those fair-weather-cheatin'-gooner fans. Until this happens, tickets might be expensive but not in high demand.

We were opening a brand new stadium against Georgia, with Zac, Kendall and Dez as a Heisman contender, 8 home games and BCS predictions.
This year we have Kendall and a lot of youth.
Delusional. They still think Robinson, Hunter, and Bryant were legitimate pre-season Heisman contenders.

Truth is lowering ticket prices isn't going to sell out games. Winning will. I bet you anything attendance at OSU basketball is up and OU basketball is down. So the poke fans are correct to be peeved about this. Nothing they have down on the field has warranted a hike in prices.

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 11:05 AM
T Bone to Holder, "If I build it, they will come."

http://www.jamespreller.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sheep-herd.jpg

SunnySooner
2/21/2010, 11:17 AM
Hey, I just heard they've discovered a new use for sheep up there in Pillwater...

Wool.

:D

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 11:26 AM
LOL! Excellent.

Stitch Face
2/21/2010, 11:58 AM
I don't get the "wolf in sheep's clothing" reference.

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 01:25 PM
This
http://kingsbridesforum.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/wolf20-20sheep2.jpg

Collier11
2/21/2010, 01:27 PM
ignorant azzes, all of them

freshchris05
2/22/2010, 08:54 AM
sharing the state with that bunch is like sharing a bed with perennial bed-wetters...

badger
2/22/2010, 12:00 PM
Holder needs to raise ticket prices for many reasons:

1- Program momentum. After being a :les: TEAM ON THE RISE! [hairGel] these past few years, they have to capitalize off that now before the team's stuck in rebuilding mode this coming season/next season.

2- Pay raises. I posted a thread recently that OSU football coaches have :les: SALARIES ON THE RISE! [hairGel] and indeed they now exceed $4 million total, with Gundy himself almost making $2 mil per season. Here's a link. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100219_93_B1_Forthe835849&archive=yes)

3- Lies, lies, lies. OSU seems to be trying to convince its fans that unless Pokes pick up season tickets now, they will not be able to get season tickets when the OSU Football Renaissance arrives. First of all, the OSU Football Renaissance ain't coming, it's already come and gone. Barry Sanders isn't going to be coming back (not through his son Jr. either) and so long as Gundy is coach, OU and Texas wins are not coming for OSU.

So, if there are any Pokes listening, here is your ideal solution:

1- Make friends with OU fans. Sooner fans will buy season tickets to get the Bedl@m game, but not care about the rest of the games.

2- Plan to miss the OU-OSU game. As already established, it's an OSU loss anyway as long as Gundy's in charge. If you watch this one at home, you'll be able to shut it off as soon as it gets unbearable... like the shutout this year, for example, eh?

If you have done both #1 and #2, you will be able to cheaply see all OSU home games except the Gooner game in person via your Sooner friends that buy OSU season tix to get the OU game, but they will gladly dump the remaining tickets on you. Here is your alternative option.

1- Have no Sooner friends, otherwise they'll expect you to take them to the OU-OSU game when it's in Stillwater.

2- Buy season tickets, but again, plan to miss the OU-OSU game. Like I said, you don't want to see your team lose, so you might as well be in a private location where you can curse a lot and stop watching easily.

Now, after #1 and #2, milk us Sooner fans for an incredibly overpriced OU-OSU ticket or two via Craigslist or eBay. This will likely cover the cost of the rest of a season ticket, so you'll pracitically see OSU games in person for free.

:D Just trying to help, Pokes :D

MichiganSooner
2/22/2010, 08:36 PM
The Stoolwater fan has a point. Interesting point is that the face value of their tickets are actually higher than ours for Big 12 games. They pretty much take in a minimum of $100 per seat; $400 for lots of seats.
Most of our games a single ticket is about $67 each. Wonder if they will ever beat the gooners again? Dumb question wasn't it.

SoonerInKCMO
2/22/2010, 09:43 PM
Barry Sanders isn't going to be coming back (not through his son Jr. either)

Speaking of whom, has anyone here seen Jr. playing at HH? I read a lot about him putting up some good numbers as a sophomore but didn't get out to catch any games. Is the kid as good as the numbers suggest?

goingoneight
2/23/2010, 12:22 PM
Nowhere near the spectacle his father was, but he does have that Reggie Bush/DeMarco Murray-kinda quick cut and make-you-miss kinda ability.

Collier11
2/23/2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gBspbe56Eo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4SVVTCKT4&feature=related

badger
2/23/2010, 01:30 PM
The Stoolwater fan has a point. Interesting point is that the face value of their tickets are actually higher than ours for Big 12 games. They pretty much take in a minimum of $100 per seat; $400 for lots of seats.
Most of our games a single ticket is about $67 each. Wonder if they will ever beat the gooners again? Dumb question wasn't it.

Inevitably, it'll happen eventually... but so long as it is Stoops vs. Gundy, it ain't happening. If they couldn't pull it out this year, with their record and their hopes and dreams and expectations and confidence and our injuries and such... only to result in a shutout, it ain't happening Stoops vs. Gundy.