PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Oregon?

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 04:33 AM
First, we hear that Masoli and Embry are accused of stealing stereo equipment. Then running back LaMichael James gets arrested on on domestic violence charges. Bowlin and Beard get injured in a brawl. Matt Simms gets arrested for assault. Now linebacker Alonso gets a DUI.

Six players. And that's just since January 1. This isn't counting Blount's bizarre behavior earlier this season.

gaylordfan1
2/21/2010, 05:22 AM
Sux for them... Only helps us!

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 06:21 AM
Heh, they're making a run for the Fulmer Cup.

AlbqSooner
2/21/2010, 08:24 AM
Oregon - the state and university both, has traditionallly been a haven for hippies. Whatever happended to peace, love, rock and roll.

Too many 'roids nowadays.

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 08:41 AM
Oregon - the state and university both, has traditionallly been a haven for hippies. Whatever happended to peace, love, rock and roll.

And chicks with hairy armpits.
Fixed that.:D

The thing is, they want the team to match the PAC-10 officiating standards of decency.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/21/2010, 10:28 AM
Chances are we will suffer a few more 'incidents' this offseason. Let's hope Austin Box's is as serious as it will get.

Chances also are that Texas will have a handful more than a few more 'incidents'. Oh I can't wait to hear...

King Crimson
2/21/2010, 10:30 AM
while UO's off-the-field issues are impressive, i still think the best so far is Colorado's Gus Handler. He gets busted for stealing from the CU bookstore...why? because he left his credit card in the store.

nice job you criminal mastermind.

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_14238627#axzz0gBWE4ZOl

meoveryouxinfinity
2/21/2010, 10:40 AM
while UO's off-the-field issues are impressive, i still think the best so far is Colorado's Gus Handler. He gets busted for stealing from the CU bookstore...why? because he left his credit card in the store.

nice job you criminal mastermind.

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_14238627#axzz0gBWE4ZOl

huh. at OU the student athletes (well, at least the football players) have their schedule sent over to the book store and have them get all the books together. They get to pass the lines (or maybe go on a day/time when it's not open) and go pick them up. I think their stipend pays for it. I think it'd be pretty hard/stupid to try and steal them.

King Crimson
2/21/2010, 10:55 AM
huh. at OU the student athletes (well, at least the football players) have their schedule sent over to the book store and have them get all the books together. They get to pass the lines (or maybe go on a day/time when it's not open) and go pick them up. I think their stipend pays for it. I think it'd be pretty hard/stupid to try and steal them.

he was stealing merchandise (headbands) or something. you'd think Nike would be giving the players that stuff.

i will say that the d-1 athletes are CU are pretty annoying to have in a class. their sense of entitlement is through the roof. ironically, less so the football players....it's the women's soccer team and women's track team. they act like the world was just now invented for them.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/21/2010, 11:12 AM
he was stealing merchandise (headbands) or something. you'd think Nike would be giving the players that stuff.

i will say that the d-1 athletes are CU are pretty annoying to have in a class. their sense of entitlement is through the roof. ironically, less so the football players....it's the women's soccer team and women's track team. they act like the world was just now invented for them.

oh wow. really dumb.

Soonerman08
2/21/2010, 04:03 PM
First, we hear that Masoli and Embry are accused of stealing stereo equipment. Then running back LaMichael James gets arrested on on domestic violence charges. Bowlin and Beard get injured in a brawl. Matt Simms gets arrested for assault. Now linebacker Alonso gets a DUI.

Six players. And that's just since January 1. This isn't counting Blount's bizarre behavior earlier this season.

They're becoming just like Florida.

PDXsooner
2/21/2010, 04:09 PM
let's not be hypocrites. every program has its run of thuggery, and unless you're in the ivy league or an academy, save me any line of bull**** about how "clean" your program is.

85 young men on scholarship, many of whom come from the inner city and wouldn't be allowed close to a classroom if they didn't run a 4.4 40 or bench 400 lbs. and you're bound to get some idiots.

fans want to win first, and then the character stuff means something to some people. anyone who says they'd rather have classy guys than win is lying to themselves.

ouduckhunter
2/21/2010, 04:23 PM
They all have a sense of entitlement out here! The players do, and the fans really do! They seem to think that the entire world revolves around them, and that they are truly the best at everything. Being surrounded by them, I've noticed that they all seem to share the mind set that they are the most spectacular players, fans, coaches, etc. ever to walk the planet. They love the fact that ESpin comes out here and does Game Day so often, and that ESpin loves on them so much in general! They have inflated egos to begin with, but combine that with the ESpin love, Collin Cowherder love, and all the local media attention, they are insufferable. All the money that Phil Knight pours into the program and facilities only makes them feel more important. I guess that with all that going on around you, it can make a player feel like he is above the law, and that he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The program will bail you out, give you a little hand slap, and after a few days, you're back at practice again, and all is forgiven.

The local sports writers, John Canzano and others, are starting to question Chip Kelly's leadership and the program though, so I think that the next couple of weeks will be interesting ones in Eugene.

I have really enjoyed following Orygune football the past few weeks! :D

VA Sooner
2/21/2010, 06:41 PM
Interesting to see what Chip Kelly does with them.

And Dan Hawkins... lots of boneheads out there... I guess at most programs.

PDXsooner
2/21/2010, 06:52 PM
They all have a sense of entitlement out here! The players do, and the fans really do! They seem to think that the entire world revolves around them, and that they are truly the best at everything. Being surrounded by them, I've noticed that they all seem to share the mind set that they are the most spectacular players, fans, coaches, etc. ever to walk the planet. They love the fact that ESpin comes out here and does Game Day so often, and that ESpin loves on them so much in general! They have inflated egos to begin with, but combine that with the ESpin love, Collin Cowherder love, and all the local media attention, they are insufferable. All the money that Phil Knight pours into the program and facilities only makes them feel more important. I guess that with all that going on around you, it can make a player feel like he is above the law, and that he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The program will bail you out, give you a little hand slap, and after a few days, you're back at practice again, and all is forgiven.

The local sports writers, John Canzano and others, are starting to question Chip Kelly's leadership and the program though, so I think that the next couple of weeks will be interesting ones in Eugene.

I have really enjoyed following Orygune football the past few weeks! :D

i hate the ducks as much as anyone. not only do i live in portland, but my wife and her entire family are all ducks, including my brother in law, who played there.

when i first moved here, they constantly cried about how many thugs UW had, then they cried about oregon state under erickson. now they rationalize every of their own malcontents with some lame excuse.

i just want fans to stop pointing out every time another team goes through this, because it happens to every program at some point...

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 06:54 PM
If they're going to point at us, we'd better point back.

oudavid1
2/21/2010, 08:02 PM
Another player just got kicked off for being critical of Chip Kelly for kicking off another player on his facebook. Jamere Holland was a back-up WR

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 09:13 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/02/oregon_wr_jamere_holland_dismi.html

"How you (expletive) kick kinko (sic) off the team on some weak (expletive). ... he slipped up but ive been slippn up, and I'm still here, that (expletive) ... could damage for the ducks, that (expletive) is weak, weak (expletive), quote me."

After the post went viral on the Internet, a second post appeared on Holland's page reading: "chilln thinking of another status to (expletive) with the readers heads, I wish I could block whites as friends and only have blacks LOL, cause apparently I'm misunderstood."

Things are not all that bad for Oregon:

http://trojanempire.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/oregon_cheerleaders.jpg

oumartin
2/21/2010, 09:19 PM
those cheerleaders are not very cute. one looks to have a nasty scare, a couple look like trailer trash. the one on the far left is their only nice looking one!

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 09:29 PM
You have very high standards. Salute!

oumartin
2/21/2010, 10:53 PM
You have very high standards. Salute!

yeah, breathing! :D

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 11:03 PM
The second one from the left is cute. C'mon, admit it.

Collier11
2/22/2010, 03:53 AM
So Chip will kick off a guy for running his mouth on Facebook but not for punching a guy during a game, reportedly choking his GF, reportedly stealing Laptops, etc

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-oregonplayerdismissed&prov=ap&type=lgns

Obviously I dont have all the facts but this seems odd to me

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 03:56 AM
The player ran his mouth off at Chip Kelly, which is why Chip Kelly kicked him off the team.

Collier11
2/22/2010, 04:01 AM
You are sharp arent you, im saying it seems odd that he is quick to kick that guy off for running his mouth but so cautious when it comes to a guy potentially assaulting a girl

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 04:02 AM
Eugene sounds like a happenin' place:

Already this week, Bowlin left the team and Beard has been charged with assault after an altercation with Tavia Jo Ames, 19, of Eugene. That incident precipitated the brawl that involved 20 to 40 people...

You are sharp arent you, im saying it seems odd that he is quick to kick that guy off for running his mouth but so cautious when it comes to a guy potentially assaulting a girl

Collier, I was being sarcastic.

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 04:09 AM
Collier, check out this editorial.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/02/canzano_even_after_dumping_jam.html

Collier11
2/22/2010, 04:23 AM
Eugene sounds like a happenin' place:

Collier, I was being sarcastic.

I didnt think you were capable of sarcasm or humor? :D

Collier11
2/22/2010, 04:27 AM
pretty scathing, Kelly could be in trouble if he doesnt take care of business

unbiasedtruth
2/22/2010, 05:35 AM

Allbuffs material there KC? :D