PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't PALIN go to CPAC?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/20/2010, 09:03 PM
haha

John Kochtoston
2/20/2010, 09:31 PM
She got lost?

StoopTroup
2/20/2010, 09:33 PM
She already did the Glenn Beck interview....why would she play 2nd fiddle to an opinionist?

sooner59
2/21/2010, 02:25 AM
Rush said if she did she would be a retard?

Flagstaffsooner
2/21/2010, 06:38 AM
Glenn Beck didnt have enough room in his car to give her a lift.
http://www.childrens-entertainer-uk.co.uk/images/jessicajeap2.png

Okla-homey
2/21/2010, 08:05 AM
Because it was a coronation of Ron Paul as the CPAC candidate for president in 2012.

2/21/2010, 12:32 PM
Because it was a coronation of Ron Paul as the CPAC candidate for president in 2012.Did you follow the story of how that happened?

2/21/2010, 12:34 PM
Rush said if she did she would be a retard?Only after hearing it from Emmanuel(sp?)

2/21/2010, 09:54 PM
Why didn't McCain go to CPAC?

Crucifax Autumn
2/22/2010, 08:51 AM
Scared of Glenn Beck?

2/22/2010, 12:18 PM
Scared of Glenn Beck?scared of the entire CPAC.

yermom
2/22/2010, 12:59 PM
Did you follow the story of how that happened?

do tell

SoonerProphet
2/22/2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/franke/franke11.1.html

2/22/2010, 01:18 PM
do tellApprox. 1/3 of the attendees voted. The voting was done at sign-up(voluntary) booths, instead of a poll presented to all in attendance, FWIW. Does anybody(ahem, Homey) really think Ron Paul would have been selected if voting was done by all? His belief in isolationaism, and lack of personality, are the problems.

SoonerProphet
2/22/2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/pr/cpac-poll.html

swardboy
2/22/2010, 01:29 PM
I'm told Paul won because the 18-24 year old block represented over 54% of the total vote....Romney would have been in the 40% range without those cultists voting

2/22/2010, 01:35 PM
I'm told Paul won because the 18-24 year old block represented over 54% of the total vote....Romney would have been in the 40% range without those cultists votingWhy the backing by that age group? afraid of being drafted?

SoonerProphet
2/22/2010, 01:38 PM
So let me get this straight, some of you folks would vote for Romney, who is just like Obama, Bush, Reagan, et. al., than for a cat who has been a consistent fiscal conservative?

No wonder the gop is in the ****ter. Keep rolling out *********s who talk a good game yet continue to expand the government and see what you come up with. Nah, you'll just bitch when it is not your brand of big spender comin' to the White House...as if their is a difference.

Veritas
2/22/2010, 01:46 PM
So let me get this straight, some of you folks would vote for Romney, who is just like Obama, Bush, Reagan, et. al., than for a cat who has been a consistent fiscal conservative?

No wonder the gop is in the ****ter. Keep rolling out *********s who talk a good game yet continue to expand the government and see what you come up with. Nah, you'll just bitch when it is not your brand of big spender comin' to the White House...as if their is a difference.
Couldn't have said it better myself, except lumping in of Reagan with Obama and Bush. And the proper usage of "there". :D

ndpruitt03
2/22/2010, 01:48 PM
Why the backing by that age group? afraid of being drafted?

He has a huge college age following probably bigger than any politician out there.

SoonerProphet
2/22/2010, 02:32 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, except lumping in of Reagan with Obama and Bush. And the proper usage of "there". :D

oops, my bad...there.

2/22/2010, 03:43 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, except lumping in of Reagan with Obama and Bush. And the proper usage of "there". :DYou want Ron Paul? Do you think he's electable? You honestly compare Romney, or literally ANY republican, with Obama? Remember, I said honestly.

SoonerProphet
2/22/2010, 04:13 PM
You want Ron Paul? Do you think he's electable? You honestly compare Romney, or literally ANY republican, with Obama? Remember, I said honestly.

How bout you tell us how they are different...honestly.

ndpruitt03
2/22/2010, 04:18 PM
In 2006 I don't think anyone really thought Obama would be the next president of the US. In fact in 06 you couldn't see how a democrat would win the presidency in 08 most likely. Same situation right now. For all we know Marco what's his name from Florida could be the next president.

ndpruitt03
2/22/2010, 04:56 PM
You want Ron Paul? Do you think he's electable? You honestly compare Romney, or literally ANY republican, with Obama? Remember, I said honestly.

The problem with Ron Paul is his isolationism. That's really the only area he's probably wrong on.

Here's an article from a little over 2 years ago trying to explain it.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory151.html

2/22/2010, 05:23 PM
The problem with Ron Paul is his isolationism. That's really the only area he's probably wrong on.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory151.htmlThat's right. And, he has the personality of Pat Paulsen.(anybody remember Pat Paulsen for POTUS? Yeah, it was a joke, and I believe Paul would have the same result)

soonerscuba
2/22/2010, 05:36 PM
In 2006 I don't think anyone really thought Obama would be the next president of the US. In fact in 06 you couldn't see how a democrat would win the presidency in 08 most likely.Yeah, who could see the opposition party having a chance at the White House after the seated party lost it's control during a war and had the most unpopular chief executive in the history of polling? How whacky.

Also, Obama was a known entity in 2004.

soonerscuba
2/22/2010, 05:38 PM
Here's my bold prediction, if Obama's approval drops below 30%, Republicans have a chance, take that to the bank!

yermom
2/22/2010, 05:39 PM
i heard lots of people saying they would rather he be running than Kerry after him speaking at the DNC

JohnnyMack
2/22/2010, 05:41 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory151.html

Yes because nation building and free trade has done wonders for our economy.

ndpruitt03
2/22/2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, who could see the opposition party having a chance at the White House after the seated party lost it's control during a war and had the most unpopular chief executive in the history of polling? How whacky.

Also, Obama was a known entity in 2004.

Maybe but did anyone really think he was going to win a presidency by 2006?

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/22/2010, 06:05 PM
If RP could accomplish what he says he wants to accomplish, I'd probably be ok with him. Problem is, if the democrats are in charge of the congress they'll stop him cold. If the republicans are in charge, they'll pass all the tax cuts but not the spending cuts. At least based on history since 1980.

Country needs a real shakeup but neither party is interested in a real shakeup.

ndpruitt03
2/22/2010, 06:08 PM
That's right. And, he has the personality of Pat Paulsen.(anybody remember Pat Paulsen for POTUS? Yeah, it was a joke, and I believe Paul would have the same result)
I don't think Ron Paul for president would be good in the end. But I do think he's got the answers for healthcare i mean he is a doctor, and he would cut spending and taxes. But I think Romney is just another progressive. He does nothing for me. Same with McCain. There's still a lot of time between now and 2012.

soonerscuba
2/22/2010, 06:19 PM
Maybe but did anyone really think he was going to win a presidency by 2006?No, but you don't comprehend your own writings. You said that few could see a Dem winning the 08 election in 06, after coming off winning both houses and facing a massively unpopular president, I think many people could see a Dem winning, most likely Clinton.

If Republicans take both houses and Obama continues to drop out of public favor, the Republicans have a strong chance in 2012, this isn't rocket science and most people outside the homers knew the Dems had an inside track going to 08, I would say as early as 9/05.