RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2010, 01:34 AM
WOOP DBL POST

2/21/2010, 01:35 AM
PC being obstinate

IronHorseSooner
2/21/2010, 09:34 AM
We have been getting a number of combo DLs here lately (McGee, Chaisson, Humphries, Noble, and now Wade). I wonder if there is some truth to the rumor that we might be running a version of the 3-4.

MojoRisen
2/22/2010, 10:04 AM
Wade grew 50 pounds overnight and is now listed at 293 probably why we offered.

IronHorseSooner
2/22/2010, 10:10 AM
I just noticed that. With Taylor being a senior, this was a good move to get another big body in there.

47straight
2/22/2010, 02:31 PM
Cows' fans arent impressed with our Round Rock guys...FWIW
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2010/2/20/1319839/round-rock-stony-point-new

Argh. You made me look!

Wrangler86, a guy commenting, always has something nasty and libelous to say about sooners, especially 18 year old kids.

2/23/2010, 01:14 AM
Argh. You made me look!

Wrangler86, a guy commenting, always has something nasty and libelous to say about sooners, especially 18 year old kids.i looked around a bit when I saw that Wade and Lindley were both 3-star guys, and both from Round Rock.

Herr Scholz
2/23/2010, 01:33 AM
Both nice players.

2/23/2010, 01:46 AM
Both nice players.How nice are they?

Herr Scholz
2/23/2010, 01:59 AM
They're both players. Be happy. Stony Point was fierce last season.

47straight
2/23/2010, 11:15 AM

You do not wish to express the sentiments of fellow horn Wrangler86 and just go ahead and state their grades were not good enough for UT?
:D

soonerguild
2/23/2010, 12:02 PM
Venables and Shipp don't offer projects or reaches this early in the process. I trust their evaluation of talent and am excited about these guys. Just becasue the almighty whorns didn't offer does not mean that these guys aren't studs as many longhorns might like to believe.

I have never understood but the whorn fans have it in their head that they sign the 20 best texas high school prospects every year and that if they don't go to texas we cheated, they didn't have the grades, or just flat out aren't any good.

In the end I trust Brent and Jackie's assessment of talent over, rivals, espn, scout, and especially some guy at a uterus blog.

MojoRisen
2/23/2010, 12:15 PM
Lindley is the prototypical big 12 OLB SAM - 6-2 210 45 forty!
Wade is a big body, looks like he grew a lot from his initial assesment had him listed at 255 - he now weighs 293 big!

TMcGee86
2/23/2010, 01:08 PM

Yes they were. And Jordan Wade was a man amongst boys out there. We watched them play Cy Woods in the playoffs and everyone kept saying "Holy crap, who's #91, he's HUGE!" And he was just pwning fewls left and right on the line. I think he had like 4 sacks in that game. He was awesome. I am so pumped to hear we got him. I didn't know him by name but when you said Stony Point I clicked the link saying "please be 91, please be 91"

Herr Scholz
2/23/2010, 03:57 PM
Just becasue the almighty whorns didn't offer does not mean that these guys aren't studs as many longhorns might like to believe.
Absolutely. It's a numbers game. Very limited scholarships available at each position. Mack makes his recruiting board and goes after the ones he likes the best. Doesn't mean he doesn't have to pass on great kids at every position every single year. Can't offer everyone.

fwsooner22
2/23/2010, 04:05 PM
We have our fair share of idiots who can't see past Norman but it does seem like they have way more than their share of "angry" posters.

If everyone is inferior to their 25 or so every year why do they ever lose ?

I could care less if we are taking what ** leaves behind. We can count on them making mistakes or they would have SO many more Big 12 Championships and National Championships than us. That is what is all about isn't it ?

Herr Scholz
2/23/2010, 04:14 PM
Again, no need to be defensive or worry what someone else thinks. You guys got a couple of very good football players there.

soonerguild
2/23/2010, 04:32 PM
Again, no need to be defensive or worry what someone else thinks. You guys got a couple of very good football players there.

Herr, not that you were implying it, but I was not being personal to you or the other few longhorns who respectfully post here and seem pretty intelligent. The fact of the matter is A) some recruitniks take this stuff so personal it is disgusting, B) forget these are 18 year old kids that didn't necessarily grow up being the biggest fill in the blank fan ever like most of us did, and C) can't ever understand why somebody wouldn't want to come to their school.

Some sooner fans get real tired of ut fans always saying when we get a kid outta texas that they didn't want them, but I to get tired of Sooner fans saying when a ok kid goes to oswho that we didn't want them. Some in our fan base our just as bad, and some are intelligent enough to admit that another school got a great player and admit to being jealous.

Now does texas have an advantage for their in-state kids, absolutely, but like herr said, their is no way they can offer all of them, and like the nfl, its all about PROJECTING what someone is gonna do. Mack misses kids in texas that he would admit after getting a truth serum that he wishes he would have offered, just like bob misses kids in Ok.

The fact of the matter is A) the state of texas is too big for mack to get all the talent, B) every now and then we steal one, and C) sometime's mack and company might under evaluate a kid.

Herr Scholz
2/23/2010, 05:01 PM
No worries, guild. This recruiting stuff is serious bizness. ;) I enjoy following it but don't get too worked up because I know both of our schools will have all kinds of talent at the end of the day. It's mostly just fodder for smack talk.