PDA

View Full Version : Down Syndrome actor on Family Guy tells Sarah Palin to STFU

Collier11
2/19/2010, 03:08 PM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-voice-actor-says-palin-does-not-have-a-sense-of-humor/?no_interstitial

JohnnyMack
2/19/2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't think that it was funny from a funny standpoint, not to mention it was also a pretty sloppy dig at Palin. Not their best stuff.

Doyen
2/19/2010, 03:34 PM
Defintiely some of their best stuff. Palin needs to get over herself.

Collier11
2/19/2010, 03:35 PM
It was very funny

King Crimson
2/19/2010, 03:40 PM
palin is all about being "PC" about the things that are her life. what about autism, or cerebral palsy?

did Palin promise to help "those people". no, she didn't. she "promised" to help people like her. self-interest plus the pity card. did she comment on how quadrilegics got their aid funds cut under her watch? no, more help to people like her child.

i think she's more than open to ridicule for her openly self-serving view of "government aid" in a "small government" back to Saint Reagan, aw shucks coached by Bill Kristol position.

Fraggle145
2/19/2010, 04:07 PM
Shoot me in the face.

Collier11
2/19/2010, 04:10 PM
too messy

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 04:12 PM
It was funny. Definitely funnier than the fake outrage from "the right".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/19/2010, 05:34 PM
Palin is helping campaign for McCain, so you guys oughta be happy with her...Oh, I forget, she's ALWAYS wrong. haha.

yermom
2/19/2010, 05:43 PM
i like how she's fine with Rush calling people retards

XingTheRubicon
2/19/2010, 05:49 PM
when did he say that?

Don't listen to him that much, never heard him say that.

85Sooner
2/19/2010, 06:05 PM
What an f'in retard. ;O

badger
2/19/2010, 06:28 PM
It is cool that they found someone with Down Syndrome to play that role. I had no idea that they would do that, considering the voice of Cleveland Brown is a white guy.

2/19/2010, 08:10 PM
when did he say that?

Don't listen to him that much, never heard him say that.He was chastizing Rahm Emanuel(sp?) for calling someonr an "effing retard", and the MSM acted as though Rush was the one doing the name-calling. typical bull**** from MSM.

2/19/2010, 08:12 PM
i like how she's fine with Rush calling people retardsAre you distorting on purpose?

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2010, 08:31 PM
He was chastizing Rahm Emanuel(sp?) for calling someonr an "effing retard", and the MSM acted as though Rush was the one doing the name-calling. typical bull**** from MSM.
Maybe you should actually LISTEN to Rush's quote because he actually WAS calling people effing retards.

“Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards,” Rush said (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/03/limbaugh-palin-apologize/), adding that Rahm’s meeting yesterday with advocates for the mentally handicapped was a “retard summit at the White House.”

Are YOU distorting on purpo...er...what am I saying...you're RLiMC. Of COURSE you're distorting on purpose. Carry on.

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2010, 08:32 PM
Am I the only one, by the way, who feels that Seth McFarland knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he cast an actress with Down Syndrome to play that role? I TOTALLY feel like he set Palin (and her dimwitted daughter) up to come out and condemn him thus making retards of themselves.:D

yermom
2/19/2010, 08:33 PM
Rush didn't say liberals were retards or Palin didn't say it was okay for Rush to do it?

yermom
2/19/2010, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one, by the way, who feels that Seth McFarland knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he cast an actress with Down Syndrome to play that role? I TOTALLY feel like he set Palin (and her dimwitted daughter) up to come out and condemn him thus making retards of themselves.:D

i thought the same thing. genius :D

Collier11
2/19/2010, 08:34 PM
Here is Palins quote, I didnt find Rush's yet

"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there." SARAH PALIN

2/19/2010, 08:36 PM
Rush didn't say liberals were retards or Palin didn't say it was okay for Rush to do it?Palin said it was OK for Rush to condemn Emmanuel for calling people retards.

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 08:39 PM
So when Rush says it, it's satire. When the comedy show Family Guy doesn't even say it, it is reprehensible. Got it.

yermom
2/19/2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/02/04/2010-02-04_rush_limbaugh_on_rahm_emanuel_retarded_comment_ liberal_activists_are_retards.html

"Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards," Limbaugh said on the show. "I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks.

"They are loony tunes. And I’m not going to apologize for it, I’m just quoting Emanuel. It’s in the news," he continued.

"I think their big news is he’s out there calling Obama’s number one supporters f’ing retards. So now there’s going to be a meeting. There’s going to be a retard summit at the White House. Much like the beer summit between Obama and Gates and that cop in Cambridge."

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 08:44 PM
"Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards," Limbaugh said on the show.

I listen to Rush for about 10 minutes every month and happened to hear this. He was basically saying "NBD that Rahm called them retards, thats what they are."

Thats way worse than anything said (which was nothing) about disabled people on the latest show of Family Guy, it's not even close.

Palin is... ahh nevermind.

2/19/2010, 08:54 PM
So, Limbaugh points out Emanuel calling people effing retards, and the MSM comes after Limbaugh. This is some kind of a surprise, or gotcha? haha Sarah sees it for what it was, but the spin was inevitable.

You guys get to go after 2 of your bogeymen in the same thread. Excellent.

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 08:59 PM
Every news outlet in the country reported it when Rahm said it.

People (not the MSM) are just pointing out Palins dbl std when it comes to this issue.

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2010, 09:04 PM
No surprise, but RLiMC is doing his damnedest to spin spin spin Rush's quote into something other that what it was.

Dude...just give up. You're not gonna convince anyone that black is white.

Rush used the word "retard" in just as derogatory way as Rahm. Period. And Palin is a hypocrite for decrying it from one and excusing it from the other.

PERIOD.

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2010, 09:05 PM
"Bogeymen" :rolleyes:

Rush is a carnival barker and Palin is a sideshow freak.

To portray either as anything more is a joke.

2/19/2010, 09:20 PM
No surprise, but RLiMC is doing his damnedest to spin spin spin Rush's quote into something other that what it was.

Rush used the word "retard" in just as derogatory way as Rahm. Period. And Palin is a hypocrite for decrying it from one and excusing it from the other.

PERIOD.You can't see the difference. For a self-proclaimed bright fellow, that doesn't impress. You're only going to convince your fellow leftists, that there is no difference. Apologies for taking you off of ignore.

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 09:37 PM
wow. just wow.

So Rahm calls them retards, Rush agrees with him, calls them retards as well. He doesn't see the big deal in calling people retards, he says it's just PC gone mad.

Rahm bad. Rush good. Got it.

I wish partisan hackery would just go away.

I'm sure there's plenty of people like me that just think they are both ****wads.

Real Time should be a classic tonight with all of this fodder and Seth McFarlane being a guest.

Collier11
2/19/2010, 09:41 PM
If that is Bill Mahers show, thats almost as bad as watching Olberman

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 09:58 PM
If that is Bill Mahers show, thats almost as bad as watching Olberman

no way. not even close. One's funny in the funny kind of way, the other is funny in a retarded kind way.;)

Collier11
2/19/2010, 09:59 PM
eh, sorry dude. cant stand that guy

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2010, 10:02 PM
eh, sorry dude. cant stand that guy

For me, he's kind of like Rush, somewhat funny and I agree with him maybe half of the time. LOL.

They are both smug SOB's though.

Edit; Just watched mahers' monologue, he's funny as ****.

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2010, 10:21 PM
You can't see the difference. For a self-proclaimed bright fellow, that doesn't impress. You're only going to convince your fellow leftists, that there is no difference. Apologies for taking you off of ignore.The IRONY in this post is absolutely DRIPPING off the page.

Dude...keep me on ignore. You like to live in fantasy land where everything you believe makes sense and is irrefutable in your own mind. And posts like this demonstrate it.

Rush said the EXACT same thing as Rahm. And Palin is a hypocrite. And both "leftists" and "righties" can see it. The only ones who can't are the dyed in the wool, hard core, brainwashed right wing nutjobs like yourself.

FACT.

Dio
2/20/2010, 02:44 PM

PERIOD.

Not surpisingly, our resident so-called Republican has nothing to say about Rahm Emmanuel's use of the term, choosing to focus only on Rush's use of it. For a "Republican", it sure seems strange that you never have any criticism for Democrats.

Who's spinning whom?

LosAngelesSooner
2/20/2010, 03:34 PM
See...that's where you're WAY off. I don't think (and this is a rare statement for me) that Rush Limbaugh said ANYTHING wrong and I don't think he owes ANYONE an apology for that statement. And the same goes for Rahm.

I say "retard" and "retarded" all the damn time. I say it so often that God will probably give me a retarded kid out of ironic justice.

But all of that is besides the point.

We have free speech. People can be *******s in this country. Rahm and Rush were both being *******s and God love 'em for it.

But Palin is being a hyperpolitical hypocrite. PERIOD. And no amount of justification will make what Rahm said WRONG and what Rush said RIGHT. They were the same thing.

And RLiMC is spinning his ballz off in order to try and condemn his "enemy" while defending his sacred radio whale.

That's this life-long Republican is saying.

Spin that.

soonerscuba
2/20/2010, 05:01 PM
I miss the days when it was just the left that got all butthurt about this stuff.

GrapevineSooner
2/20/2010, 05:25 PM
VICTIM KARD.

UR DOING WRONG, SARAH!!!

sooner59
2/20/2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah, Rush used it the same way, I saw it on TV. Palin's defense of him is pretty ridiculous. However, I could care less if they did say it. People get too butt hurt over crap like this that is a total non-issue and just PC outrage to get someone's face in the news. And yeah I bet Seth McFarlane intentionally set it up to nail Palin, which is kind of funny in and of itself. Seeing a public figure like that getting called out by someone with Down Syndrome is comedy itself. Maher's standup the other day on HBO was pretty good. I was never a fan of his, but after he blasted the GOP for a while, he turned it around and began blasting Obama and the libs. It was pretty funny.

StoopTroup
2/20/2010, 07:12 PM
And RLiMC is spinning his ballz off in order to try and condemn his "enemy" while defending his sacred radio whale.

LMAO

Veritas
2/20/2010, 07:21 PM
Good god who give a **** about calling people retarded. My sister has a Downs kid and she doesn't get all verklempt about people using "retarded", hell she says it herself.

Sarah Palin's handlers need to rein that moronic maverick in.

setem
2/20/2010, 07:29 PM
I am a huge Family Guy fan, I have seen every single episode and I really have messed up since of humor when it comes to making fun of people. I really did not think that was all that funny. The song was pretty impressive, and somewhat humorous but it was not side splitting funny like some of the stuff they have done before.

Family guy funny moments come when they do not try hard or have an agenda.

One of the funniest moments in the series was in Life of Brian when the new dog is listening to Meg and he offers her deodorant and she was surprised and the new dog says to her. "I am gonna make you a little less gross every day". I know To Love and Die in Dixie was a poke at the south and red states but that episode was simple and it was the funniest one of them all!

LosAngelesSooner
2/20/2010, 08:31 PM
Good god who give a **** about calling people retarded. My sister has a Downs kid and she doesn't get all verklempt about people using "retarded", hell she says it herself.

Sarah Palin's handlers need to rein that moronic maverick in.
She doesn't have "handlers."

You can't HANDLE a Maverick.

Mjcpr
2/20/2010, 08:34 PM
You can't HANDLE a Maverick.

...you can only hope to contain one.

LosAngelesSooner
2/20/2010, 08:40 PM
Even the largest state in our Union was too small to contain her.

She's that Mavericky.

XingTheRubicon
2/20/2010, 10:52 PM
Not a huge fan of Palin. It's hard to listen to her sometimes. One thing I cannot figure out though, is why anyone thinks it's OK to specifically point out a person with a down syndrome kid and bag on both of them.

If Nancy Pelosi had a mentally challenged kid and someone across the aisle made a snide remark about it, I wouldn't find it funny at all. I'm as anti-PC as they come but this is a bush league line to cross.

picasso
2/20/2010, 11:16 PM
No Palin fan here either but the Seth guy who has created this comic empire is a major league doosh.

Yeah, I'm talkin about kicking a 50 yard field goal with his scrotal sack.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/20/2010, 11:27 PM
When do we get to start talking about the numerous different ways I'd be happy to make another little retard with Sarah Palin?

2/20/2010, 11:41 PM
No Palin fan here either but the Seth guy who has created this comic empire is a major league doosh.

Yeah, I'm talkin about kicking a 50 yard field goal with his scrotal sack. a well-groomed Michael Moore.

LosAngelesSooner
2/20/2010, 11:57 PM
The offense (or lack of it in my opinion) isn't the issue. Palin being a hypocrite with verbal diarrhea of her stupid hole IS.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2010, 03:50 AM
deleted

Crucifax Autumn
2/21/2010, 06:11 AM
a well-groomed Michael Moore.

Not really. While Moore does go after the more centrist dems fairly often, Family Guy pretty much shreds Clinton and makes fun of hippy type liberals on a regular basis.

I like it because everyone is a target for Seth's satire and I like it best when they are ragging on something that I like or is a character that reminds me of something in my own personality. In those cases I realize they are poking fun, but they generally know enough about the topic to make it truly hilarious as opposed to a one dimensional cheap shot from an uninformed viewpoint. Kinda like how even though I'm quite the metalhead/rock fan I find Spinal Tap hilarious.

As for the current topic I find it funny how many times Fox entertainment gets into these little fights with people involved in the news division.

Scott D
2/21/2010, 12:59 PM
Not a huge fan of Palin. It's hard to listen to her sometimes. One thing I cannot figure out though, is why anyone thinks it's OK to specifically point out a person with a down syndrome kid and bag on both of them.

If Nancy Pelosi had a mentally challenged kid and someone across the aisle made a snide remark about it, I wouldn't find it funny at all. I'm as anti-PC as they come but this is a bush league line to cross.

I pretty much came to the conclusion that she works with mentally challenged people every day. We call them the House of Representatives.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/22/2010, 01:23 PM
Anybody that's posted in this thread is a retard.

oh, hang on...

except for Scott.

2/22/2010, 01:29 PM
Anybody that's posted in this thread is a retard.

oh, hang on...

except for Scott.Where's your confidence, bubba?

Crucifax Autumn
2/23/2010, 06:31 AM
Funny thing. I just rewatched the rerun on Adult Swim and noticed a few things. Palin's not complaining about them making fun of Asian names and psychics. Canadians are fair game. Feeling up a 12 year old and making a joke about dairy products giving them tits early is cool with Palin. Describing himanity in general as a bunch of a$$holes is ok. Being reincarnated as a condom and freaking out and being disgusted about being used by a gay couple is cool with Palin too. Cartoon images of a fat man's bare *** is fine. Groping a kidnapping victim's wife? Perfectly okay...

I guess there are just some lines you can cross and others you can't.

soonerloyal
2/23/2010, 10:18 AM
To be fair, Ms. Friedman doesn't tell Palin to STFU. But she sure did handle the situation very well. LOL

I also loved this part:

Q.: Do you know what other acting roles you’ve got coming up?
A.: That I don’t know. [laughs] No one asked me yet. I’m still waiting. My dad gets the calls, and he tells me about it. I’d like to go back on “Saving Grace,” that’s my favorite show.

Damn TNT for canceling it, anyhow. I hope those responsible stub their toes or something (I'm not great at wishing people ill).

Crucifax Autumn
2/23/2010, 11:45 PM
I don't watch the show, but I just read a few days back that it's coming back for its final season later in the year. I imagine an Academy award caliber actress wants to move on at some point.