RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/18/2010, 12:36 PM
to study and recommend actions for fiscal responsibility....seriously

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 12:37 PM
When you guys have the first meeting?

1890MilesToNorman
2/18/2010, 12:38 PM
Is this a committee of tax and spenders? That will help.

Crucifax Autumn
2/18/2010, 12:40 PM
18 is so much more equiped to handle this than 37.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 12:41 PM
I can name that tune with 3...

2/18/2010, 12:41 PM
18 is so much more equiped to handle this than 37.Efficiency, bubba!

1890MilesToNorman
2/18/2010, 12:42 PM
1 Fiscally responsible human being could handle this with no problem.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 12:49 PM
Hitler even needed help.

Veritas
2/18/2010, 12:50 PM
to study and recommend actions for fiscal responsibility....seriously
So, what's the issue here? Would you rather have him make the decisions all by himself given the he's clearly not qualified to do so?

It's a sign of good leadership to solicit experienced opinions to assist in decisions making.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 12:51 PM
Why doesn't Fox just fire everyone on the air and let Sarah save the World?

Crucifax Autumn
2/18/2010, 12:53 PM
Why doesn't Fox just fire everyone on the air and let Sarah save the World?

She's too busy with Family Guy.

Stitch Face
2/18/2010, 12:56 PM
I don't get the obsession in this country with committees and panels and legislative "bodies," etc. All they do is offer ideas that no one agrees on and debate stuff until they get mad and go home. Why not have one dude decide what's best? It would be, like, 1000x more efficient that way. Let him do it as long as he wants if things are going okay. Maybe one of his kids could take the reigns when he dies. Problem solved.

yermom
2/18/2010, 01:02 PM
we need a decider

NormanPride
I thought the chicken littles were complaining that he only listened to four people? Now that he will listen to more he's a weak little non-leader?

He's an idiot, no doubt, but at least there's a chance that someone smart made it into that 18.

tommieharris91
Apparently everyone who has criticized a President (including me) about running a deficit forgot this little nugget:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

2/18/2010, 01:03 PM
So, what's the issue here? Would you rather have him make the decisions all by himself given the he's clearly not qualified to do so?

It's a sign of good leadership to solicit experienced opinions to assist in decisions making.Stopping the stimuli, in conjunction with lowering taxes...there, no panel needed. He's looking for scapegoats, to shift the blame away from him, when taxes are raised, most likely.(IMHO)

tommieharris91
2/18/2010, 01:09 PM
Stopping the stimuli, in conjunction with lowering taxes...there, no panel needed. He's looking for scapegoats, to shift the blame away from him, when taxes are raised, most likely.(IMHO)

The biggest part of the ARRA was tax cuts and tax credits.

It's not like RLIMC will ever read this though.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 01:27 PM
He's looking for scapegoats, to shift the blame away from him.(IMHO)

Like the last administration didn't...lol

Funny ****.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/18/2010, 01:34 PM
http://lefteyeonthemedia.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/scapegoat.jpg

rainiersooner
2/18/2010, 02:44 PM
Damn thoughtful deliberateness - and the nerve he has, appointing 6 himself, and giving congressional democrats and republicans the opportunity to each appoint 6 as well.

2/18/2010, 02:51 PM
Damn thoughtful deliberateness - and the nerve he has, appointing 6 himself, and giving congressional democrats and republicans the opportunity to each appoint 6 as well.yeah, baby!

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 03:00 PM
No matter WHAT Obama does, RLiMC (and those like him) will attack it with mock indignation.

Obama isn't perfect, but at least he can admit mistakes and try to fix things. And he is dealing with the biggest **** storm any President has had to deal with since FDR.

Personally, I think it's a smart, classy, diplomatic move. Now let's just see if it makes any difference at all or if it is all just for show.

jkjsooner
2/18/2010, 07:19 PM
To solve our budgetary problems we'll have to make major unpopular changes that elected officials simply aren't qualified to do. They want to put off the problems long enough to get reelected.

An independent council that isn't subject to these limitations studying the issue and coming up with recommendations seems like a great start to me.

2/18/2010, 07:57 PM
Damn thoughtful deliberateness - and the nerve he has, appointing 6 himself, and giving congressional democrats and republicans the opportunity to each appoint 6 as well.What flavor you drinking, grape, or maybe cherry?

sooner ngintunr
2/18/2010, 08:01 PM
So he spends trillions in deficit spending and then forms a panel on ways to balance the budget? Brilliant!!