PDA

View Full Version : Poke State football coaching pay tops $4 million

badger
2/18/2010, 12:31 PM
:les: Salaries on the rise![hairGel]

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100218_93_0_Frtefr676104)

Gundy and Co. are collecting as much as they can now, cuz there's no chance in heck they're going to have a season as good as they did this past season.

Well, unless they are judged solely on their performance versus Texas and Oklahoma, in which case, comparable results year-in, year-out! ;)

MichiganSooner
2/18/2010, 02:32 PM
The high salary is due to "being competitive" within the coaching business. Whatever happened to being reimbursed for producing results? Not results for a season or two but with consistency.

Breadburner
2/18/2010, 02:47 PM
Kinda funny how there are never any rumors about Gundy in any other coaching searches.....

OKLA21FAN
2/18/2010, 04:29 PM
:les: Salaries on the rise![hairGel]

Brilliant!

badger
2/18/2010, 04:47 PM
Kinda funny how there are never any rumors about Gundy in any other coaching searches.....

Seriously. Gundy is not leaving OSU... but if he did, I would either laugh (at OSU) or cry (at the prospect of possibly losing to OSU in football once again).

However, there might be other reasons to have :les: SALARIES ON THE RISE [hairGel] other than having a moderately successful, non-bowl winning season...

1- Better attendance. Blame the season ticket policy and expanded stadium more than crediting Gundy, but it's a huge boost for our little sister's program.

2- More donations and better facilities. Again, this is not Gundy's thing. This is T. Boner Picking's thing, but another huge boost to Pokie State's football.

3- Peception. If they pay the coaches that much money, then they MUST be good... heh... heh... [facepalm]

So, we can safely assume that absolutely none of OSU's recent successes in football, as far as attendance, facilities and donations can be accredited to Mike Gundy and his staff. We can also safely assume that any success on the field is in spite of Mike Gundy and his coaching staff.

This is very laughable... and offseason looms. Is the Combine here yet?!

Breadburner
2/19/2010, 12:14 AM
I know Gundy's not leaving OSu....There is no where for him to go....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/19/2010, 12:31 AM
Mike Gundy,and all concerned with lOSUr, are daggone INCREDIBLY LUCKY they have a Golden Goose like T.-Boone.

King Barry's Back
2/19/2010, 08:08 AM
I know Gundy's not leaving OSu....There is no where for him to go....

Yeah, on the face of it, I agree with you.

But who in the heck thought that "Let 'r rip" had anywhere to go, either?

Crucifax Autumn
2/19/2010, 08:37 AM
The high salary is due to "being competitive" within the coaching business. Whatever happened to being reimbursed for producing results? Not results for a season or two but with consistency.

No crap. Give him a raise when he is "being competitive" in games.

King Crimson
2/19/2010, 08:40 AM
how the pokies finished the season ranked is a mystery to me. we blow them out. and they lose their bowl game.

and THEY thought they might be a BCS team. losers.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/19/2010, 11:10 AM
we blow them out. we SHUT them out!!!