PDA

View Full Version : Screw Gatorade

badger
2/18/2010, 11:26 AM
They just closed the $180 mil plant that they built in Pryor back in 2008.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=48&articleid=20100218_48_0_PepsiC666961)

When they came in, there were a few hundred employed, a nice community donation for local sports teams and seemed all win-win.

Then, Gatorade makes stupid decisions nationally, like having Tiger-themed Gatorade that sold crappily even before the "infidelity."

Gatorade has been constantly laying off from the Pryor plant since opening. It was a doomed operation from the start. Screw Gatorade. I hear it's unhealthy anyway.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2010, 11:30 AM
LMFAO

Screw Conoco Phillips...they are always laying off.

When no demand for something, companies usually cutback on their staff.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 11:31 AM
I'm drinking one per day or less anymore since I quit drinking soda. The only thing they make that I like is G2 and not every flavor is very good either.

Not sure what's happened to their company either.

They used to be the leader...now they are just about the same as any of the other stuff out there.

badger
2/18/2010, 11:34 AM
When no demand for something, companies usually cutback on their staff.

True, but this company is in such utter FAIL mode right now that I wonder why they even bothered expanding to Pryor in the first place. It's not that I'm faulting them for laying off people, because all businesses do that (like Conoco, yes), it's that they have been having such bad ideas lately that I wish they never came to Pryor at all and just kept their failure of a company in Tebowland.

Failure? That's G! :mad:

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 11:40 AM
Our Company used to buy the big Gatorade Packages during the hot months so we could mix it in 5 gallon jugs and ice it down.

We now switched to Sqwincher Products. I bet that hurt them too as this stuff is supposedly better for you and helps keep electrolytes in your system.

http://www.benmeadows.com/images/xl/Sqwincher-The-Activity-Drink-BEN_i_LB26688.jpg

Great tasting, scientifically formulated electrolyte replacement drink is designed to restore important mineral salts and fluids lost through dehydration, physical exertion and heat stress. Sqwincher is more satisfying than water or soft drinks because the body absorbs it more quickly and restores it to its proper electrolyte and fluid balance. Powder Pack mixes quickly and easily with water. Sqwincher is the natural recovery source for dehydration.

The down side with the sqwincher stuff was that if you didn't mix it properly and put to much concentrate in it...some folks got diarrhea which if you're needing to reduce your risk of dehydration...you might want to read the directions better...lol

Me...I switched back to water and G2 as that sqwincher stuff is teh debil. :D

badger
2/18/2010, 11:43 AM
I have never heard of Squincer, but I think Gatorade has become a victim of a saturated market (as well as many, many questionable and costly business decisions).

Vitamin Water... Powerade... energy drinks... these weren't around when we were young.

I just think Gatorade would have been fine, even with the downturning economy and all of the competition if they didn't suck so much lately.

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 11:45 AM
I have never heard of Squincer, but I think Gatorade has become a victim of a saturated market (as well as many, many questionable and costly business decisions).

Vitamin Water... Powerade... energy drinks... these weren't around when we were young.

I just think Gatorade would have been fine, even with the downturning economy and all of the competition if they didn't suck so much lately.

I won't disagree with you. The Tiger stuff was awful. Then banking on him as your guy really hurt them IMO.

They used to be cutting edge on their product and their ads. These days...they are the guys everyone is gunning for.

Stitch Face
2/18/2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, opened in Feb 08 and laid off 109 in Dec 08. That place was doomed from the start. The downturn supposedly started around Dec 07. Pepsi just made a venture at the worst possible moment.

As any economist will tell you, the first thing people cut back on during hard times is watery electrolyte drinks after competitive sports...or something

StoopTroup
2/18/2010, 11:51 AM
The employees probably needed to just work smarter. ;) :rolleyes:

I feel for those that lost jobs. I hope things get better for them.

Crucifax Autumn
2/18/2010, 12:41 PM
Screw Gatorade

Nah...The neck of the bottles are way to narrow.