PDA

View Full Version : McGrady to the Kings, Kevin Martin to the Rockets

Collier11
2/18/2010, 03:16 AM
more moves possible

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnCgbadrIkV.03ZgYxZbR385nYcB?slug=ys-kingstrade021710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2010, 05:23 AM
I hope we trade McGrady for the Knicks' Lee and 1st round pick of 2011. We need more inside presence. Clearly McGrady doesn't fit on the Kings.

Good trade for Martin and the Rockets. He's fit to be a great 3rd wheel. Will make the Rockets a better team. Martin didn't fit on the Kings with new superstud Tyreke Evans.

JLEW1818
2/18/2010, 07:13 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i go to bed and we have tmac, i wake up for work and we have Kevin Martin... today is gonna be a good day.

SKULL WAKE YOUR *** UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT A RING TO WIN NEXT SEASON!!!

although. we now have the weakest big-man rotation in the NBA probably.

Landry was overrated. We did not have much around him.

good trade .

birddog
2/18/2010, 10:58 AM
kenyon?

the_ouskull
2/18/2010, 12:35 PM
It's not finalized yet, and, as stoked as I am about seeing the Rockets (potentially) pick up Martin, I do NOT like the idea of having to give up Landry to do it. Guys like Landry, "glue guys" are vital to the "team" concept, and giving him up may (will) hurt that...

Having said that, I did get on here to write: WE GOT MARTIN! WE GOT MARTIN! WE GOT MARTIN! WE GOT MARTIN! WE GOT MARTIN! But, since it's not "official," and since we may lose Landry, I'm going to temper myself...

the_ouskull

Collier11
2/18/2010, 01:26 PM
I highly doubt that the Knicks would give up David Lee for McGrady, highly doubt

Collier11
2/18/2010, 01:28 PM
Now its done, McGrady to the Knicks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

JLEW1818
2/18/2010, 01:43 PM
So we got JJ too?

Collier11
2/18/2010, 01:58 PM
The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 02:24 PM
plus you get to swap draft picks with the Knicks, that should be a decent pick

the_ouskull
2/18/2010, 02:33 PM
We got Jefferies! We got Jefferies! We got Jefferies!

the_ouskull

birddog
2/18/2010, 02:54 PM
oumartin?

Eielson
2/18/2010, 05:52 PM
Am I missing something, or did the Rockets just get away with rape in this trade?

Collier11
2/18/2010, 06:00 PM
Rockets did really well for sure, really doesnt matter how good McGrady still is because they wanted to get rid of him.

JLEW1818
2/18/2010, 07:17 PM
yo skull can u give me some info on Jordan Hill... 8th pick in the draft i think out of Arizona? Whats his upside?

Collier11
2/18/2010, 08:32 PM
great athlete, developing bball player IMO. Tough as nails

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2010, 09:56 PM
Am I missing something, or did the Rockets just get away with rape in this trade?

With respect to Martin, he is a great scorer and very good at getting to the line and making his FTs. no defense, which fits Adelman's philosophy: "the best defense is a good offense."

And martin is very injury prone - always misses 20 to 30 games per season.

the kings desperately needed inside presence

it's too early to say jordan hill is a bust. but the knicks were very disappointed. Adelman is good at turning some players around.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 10:08 PM
Before last season, Kevin Martin hadnt played less than 61 games since his rookie year, or the last 4 years

JLEW1818
2/18/2010, 11:34 PM
Rick Adelman aint nearly as "Defensive" as Van Gundy was.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2010, 11:39 PM
Before last season, Kevin Martin hadnt played less than 61 games since his rookie year, or the last 4 years

or another way of looking at it, he missed

21 games in 07/08
31 games in 08/09
32 games in 09/10.

the_ouskull
2/19/2010, 01:49 AM
What I know about Jordan Hill is that he's somewhat athletic; long, but not very strong. It would then also stand to reason that he is likely not "down to get the friction on," as evidenced by the percentage of his points he scores in the low post that aren't put-backs.

- Best Case Scenario: An Anthony Randolph, Jason Thompson, Andray Blatche, Carl Landry-type of scorer - just through the natural motion of the offense with almost no plays called for him. Defense will have to come through positioning, hard work, and length; plus whatever added strength he starts packing on... like immediately.
- Worst Case Scenario: A Josh Powell, Antoine Wright, Joel Anthony-type, just completely lost on the court, offensively and defensively, unable to handle the speed of the game, and the strength of its players at the pro level.
- Most Likely: Mikki Moore, only less "gifted" offensively. Moore's career averages are roughly 6 points and 4 boards per game on 55ish percent shooting. (I'm top-of-my-heading here, so if I'm off, please, be gentle, even though I'm sure that I wouldn't...) At this point, with what Hill's shown so far, and with what I believe his completely potential is based on his current athleticism, his "room to grow," as far as basketball development goes, and his ability to get his body more "NBA-ready," I think that Mikki Moore gives him something to shoot for. I don't think that Hill's FG% will ever be very high, though, and that's what will ultimately kill him. Having the ability to hit the mid-range jumper isn't the same thing as "settling for it," sure, but sometimes having the ability to do one thing keeps you from doing what you should be doing. He SHOULD BE developing low-post footwork and moves, and learning how not to post up looking like he's Longar Longar. What he IS working on is not that.

He was a first-rounder, so likely his contract was a three-year contract with a player (or team, depending - knowing the Knicks, probably player) option for a fourth year. So, basically, he's eating up cap space for the next 2-3 years to give us, on the high end, 6 points and 4 boards per game... which would be increases from his current career averages... which are probably already inflated because he played for D'Antoni.

Yeah, I don't really give a sh*t about Jordan Hill 'cause he sucks and he's gone soon. But we DID get Jefferies, and he likes to play that defense stuff. :D

the_ouskull

Collier11
2/19/2010, 02:17 AM
Hell, in the NBA a 6ppg and 4rpg guy is worth 7 mill a year

the_ouskull
2/19/2010, 08:43 PM
Tell me about it. I hate being the short, overweight, undertall, white son of a middle class nuclear family. I got all of the rap music, and none of the accompanying game. If only I could parlay mediocre averages into 2nd and 3rd contracts at the league minimum. H*ll, they could pay me less than the league minimum, like kicker salaries in the NFL. Lol. I'm still in.

the_ouskull

Collier11
2/19/2010, 08:47 PM
I will be a goon for $200k a year

the_ouskull
2/20/2010, 12:07 AM
You are a goon for free now. Why the f*ck should someone pay you...? :D

the_ouskull

Collier11
2/20/2010, 12:08 AM
im a slasher and a streak shooter, but I can be a goon if I need to be ;)