PDA

View Full Version : Who will have a breakout season??

LawtonBoy74
2/18/2010, 01:53 AM
Its late...Its not football season...I'm bored...and I'm a SOONER!!!
So I ask my fellow sooners who are also anxious for 2010... WHO WILL HAVE A BREAKOUT SEASON next year, and why???

My pick is Ronnell Lewis but thats probably a typical answer, because he has already showed signs of brillance and he is very talented for how young he is. My wildcard pick is going to be DeJuan Miller...now I know some of you probably think he is already breakin out a little but I think after the 2010 season he will be a household name and he will do so good he will even contemplate leaving early...I sure hope I'm right, Its just I have seen this guy @ practice look unstoppable he just needs to make that transition to gameday... That is all opinions everyone

gaylordfan1
2/18/2010, 02:08 AM
Hard to say as of today.... my vote would be on some new face from our backfield.

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2010, 02:34 AM
Someone on the o-line.

Please?

gaylordfan1
2/18/2010, 03:04 AM
If I could rap it and give it to you as a gift LL I would...

oudavid1
2/18/2010, 09:08 AM
Jaz Reynolds !!!

goingoneight
2/18/2010, 09:24 AM
Brett Rhomar fer sure.

KantoSooner
2/18/2010, 09:41 AM
Habern, Wort, Calhoun and, just maybe, Mr. Murray has the year we've been waiting for.

MojoRisen
2/18/2010, 09:41 AM
Cameron Kenny

goingoneight
2/18/2010, 09:51 AM
According to BBSr:

DeMarcus Murphy
Laundry Jones
Bryan Royals
Morris Madu

soonerfan28
2/18/2010, 09:54 AM
I'm going w/Calhoun. He has the tools and the o-line has some experience this fall so that should help if the could gel then he could have a good year. He does have some talented true freshman coming in to push him as well as Jonathon Miller. Also this will be Murrays last season so it all depends on how many carries he actually gets, but I think he'll make the most of any opportunity.

Sooner_09
2/18/2010, 09:56 AM
Patrick O'Hara

freshchris05
2/18/2010, 10:15 AM
Hopefully, Landry. After this offseason with Josh, by October we should have a good picture of what this kid's got. It wouldn't take much to have him just manage the game, but i wouldn't want to see them handcuff the kid. He has a big arm and basically a full year of experience under his belt, this year he could come into his own...

oudavid1
2/18/2010, 10:24 AM
Cameron Kenny

Hahahaha I like him but I don't know about that

MojoRisen
2/18/2010, 10:25 AM
Coaches say he is the most talented and didn't have enough time to learn the no huddle. They seem to thank so in an article I read -

KantoSooner
2/18/2010, 10:29 AM
According to BBSr:

DeMarcus Murphy
Laundry Jones
Bryan Royals
Morris Madu

Wasn't that Byron Royals?

oudavid1
2/18/2010, 10:33 AM
Coaches say he is the most talented and didn't have enough time to learn the no huddle. They seem to thank so in an article I read -

Well that makes me feel better and I hope he does great this year but the drops bug me. All the best

MojoRisen
2/18/2010, 10:41 AM
Well that makes me feel better and I hope he does great this year but the drops bug me. All the best

Yep, hopefully it is not a Tennell thing, but he didn't have much time working with Landry and learning the offense.

swardboy
2/18/2010, 11:14 AM
I remember the difference in year 1 and 2 with Sam. The quick release and laser throws were really noticeable vs. the first year. I'm hoping I see the same noticeable improvement with Landry. With his receivers and an improved line he should have an awesome year.

swardboy
2/18/2010, 11:15 AM
I remember the difference in year 1 and 2 with Sam. The quick release and laser throws were really noticeable vs. the first year. I'm hoping I see the same noticeable improvement with Landry. With his receivers and an improved line he should have an awesome year.

swardboy
2/18/2010, 11:16 AM

bweezie
2/18/2010, 11:16 AM
Mcfarland on D line

gaylordfan1
2/18/2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Kenney had a lot of hype coming into the season last year.... and sadly was a bust. I ate plenty of crow after his performances (I talked the kid up this time last year). Hopefully he gets comfortable.

KantoSooner
2/18/2010, 11:48 AM
YES! We get it.

BoulderSooner79
2/18/2010, 11:53 AM
It's deja vu all over again.

The Ghost of Mex
2/18/2010, 12:35 PM
“The Stache”

I think his biggest weakness in 09’ was tentativeness. It was slight and you could really only see it is slow-motion. He seemed to be a half second late on a lot of passes. If he threw the ball a half second earlier, I see about a dozen or so more home run balls. Trust your instincts and you will go far.

I think he comes out swinging with a nice “under the radar swagger”. By the time people notice, :mack:saxet will have taken a beating reminiscent of the great Santa Anna and dirty Whorns will have emptied there side of the Cotton Bowl before the clock strikes 2:00PM:cry:. Of course, it’ll then be too late and Joe C. will be busy trying to figure out how shove life-size cardboard cutouts of “The Stache” in envelopes addressed to the national pressers and former trophy winners.

The kids going to come into his own this year…write it down.

PS…Prediction Alert: before this kid is drafted, the board will have a “Stache” smile.

SunnySooner
2/18/2010, 12:59 PM
I think a healthy DeMarco goes on a mission to get drafted and uses his Senior year to shock and awe us with a 1300 yd. rushing season, a bucket load of catches and a generous helping of touchdowns thrown in.

westcoast_sooner
2/18/2010, 12:59 PM
Wasn't that Byron Royals?
It was the first time, but BBSr realized he got it wrong, so he "corrected"...

CaliBornSoonerBred
2/18/2010, 01:38 PM
I think there's a lot of guys who will have a year in which they grow and develop into on field talent but if I have to pick one, I'd say David King. There's a reason he jumped RJ on the depth chart and I see a lot of upside with his hustle and talent. Could be poised to be a stud for 3 years.

goingoneight
2/18/2010, 01:54 PM
Sadly, nobody predicted Renaldo Works. :(

soonerboy
2/18/2010, 02:16 PM
Im hoping it will be Landry

yankee
2/18/2010, 02:32 PM
“The Stache”

I think his biggest weakness in 09’ was tentativeness. It was slight and you could really only see it is slow-motion. He seemed to be a half second late on a lot of passes. If he threw the ball a half second earlier, I see about a dozen or so more home run balls. Trust your instincts and you will go far.

I think he comes out swinging with a nice “under the radar swagger”. By the time people notice, :mack:saxet will have taken a beating reminiscent of the great Santa Anna and dirty Whorns will have emptied there side of the Cotton Bowl before the clock strikes 2:00PM:cry:. Of course, it’ll then be too late and Joe C. will be busy trying to figure out how shove life-size cardboard cutouts of “The Stache” in envelopes addressed to the national pressers and former trophy winners.

The kids going to come into his own this year…write it down.

PS…Prediction Alert: before this kid is drafted, the board will have a “Stache” smile.

all of this.

boomermagic
2/18/2010, 03:09 PM
Landry..

ndpruitt03
2/18/2010, 03:52 PM
Our entire offensive line needs a breakout year or we probably have about the same type a season we had last year.

oudavid1
2/18/2010, 05:44 PM
I just wanna point this out now: I watch tape of a lot of OU games and I picked Jaz to be my breakout guy this year. I did that because I don't think we've seen nearly his best yet. Although I think Landrys already shown me enough for me to know that this kid is a pile of touchdowns with a bucket of style. My COD clan tag is LJ12 and my computer backround is LJ and his tat. I'm supper excited for LJ but I can't wait to here some Jaz(z)

goingoneight
2/19/2010, 09:44 AM
But... but... wasn't Blake Bell or Cam Newton supposed to take LJ's place? I mean... This kid was no Sam Bradford! ;)

oudavid1
2/19/2010, 11:31 AM
But... but... wasn't Blake Bell or Cam Newton supposed to take LJ's place? I mean... This kid was no Sam Bradford! ;)

Theres no way with Drew Allen behind Landry that Blake see's anything but a redshirt allllll year long. He has much to learn when he starts with the team this summer. LJ12 all the way baby

goingoneight
2/19/2010, 05:54 PM
Theres no way with Drew Allen behind Landry that Blake see's anything but a redshirt allllll year long. He has much to learn when he starts with the team this summer. LJ12 all the way baby

That was sarcasm... if you were here during the season, there was just nothing that LJ could do that would make some of these fans happy. They were looking for any hope that LJ wouldn't play next year.