PDA

View Full Version : If Stone Cold offers you a beer . . .

Sooner_Bob
10/13/2003, 08:28 PM
drink it . . . sheesh Stacy. :p

mentalkase
10/13/2003, 08:30 PM
hahaha

Is there anyone cooler than STONE COLD?

and please don't say the Rock, the rock can suck my jock.

Sooner_Bob
10/13/2003, 08:36 PM
This is the first RAW I've watched in quite a while . . . it better be good.

Sooner_Bob
10/13/2003, 08:48 PM
So Goldberg beat HHH for the strap . . . cool. Bet bri really likes that . . . :p

GDC
10/14/2003, 10:40 AM
Finally, a wrestling thread :)

I was flipping back and forth between baseball and wrestling, but what I saw of raw looked pretty good for the first time in a while. Maybe thats just due to the absence of HHH.

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2003, 11:50 AM
I agree gdc . . . HBK poppin' Goldberg at the end was cool . . .

stonecoldsoonerfan
10/14/2003, 05:36 PM
hahaha

Is there anyone cooler than STONE COLD?

obviously not, seeing that that's me...;)

bri
6/3/2006, 01:51 PM
So Goldberg beat HHH for the strap . . . cool. Bet bri really likes that . . . :p

Suck it. :P

usmc-sooner
6/3/2006, 02:08 PM
Rowdy Roddy Piper was and always will be the greatest wrestler of all time.

bri
6/3/2006, 02:14 PM
True. NO ONE takes a well-deserved ***-kicking like Hot Rod. :D

Sooner_Bob
6/3/2006, 02:41 PM
I remember when Bill Goldberg was cool . . . <sigh>

:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 02:57 PM
NOOOOWWWWW WHAT WE HAVE HERE....IS A FAILURE TO COMMMUNICATE!!!!

God I love him

bri
6/3/2006, 03:23 PM

I'm not as "anti-Goldberg" as I was back in the day, but I still prefer Bill Goldberg, the person (who, by all accounts, is a great guy) to GOLDBERG the unstoppable jobber-squasher. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 03:48 PM
The Holy Trinity is actually God, Jesus, and Goldberg...they messed up the translation in the bible ;)

bri
6/3/2006, 03:52 PM
The funniest bit they ever did on The Man Show was when Goldberg taught Jimmy and Adam about Chanukah. :D

Scott D
6/3/2006, 04:07 PM

Bob remembers the time that never existed ;)

bri
6/3/2006, 04:09 PM
Heh.

Now, Gilberg? HE was cool. :D

Scott D
6/3/2006, 04:16 PM
oh yes....uberjobber Duane Gill..aka Phil Gillberg ;)

bri
6/3/2006, 04:20 PM
You gotta love that he got the best push at the time of all the J.O.B. Squad. :D

Scott D
6/3/2006, 04:23 PM
Well how many hardcore pushes can you really give Al Snow and Head? :D

bri
6/3/2006, 04:25 PM
Don't forget the Meanie! ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 04:28 PM
The Meanie is my friend on MySpace!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 04:33 PM
Dude, it took you three minutes to jump on a Meanie reference?

Did a bear get you or something? :P

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 05:15 PM
The irony of your statement is so powerful, I was talking to my friend...who goes to BAYLOR!!! God I hate bears!!

bri
6/3/2006, 05:16 PM
Well, that's because they're godless killing machines.

bri
6/3/2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.snorgtees.com/images/Bears_Fullpic_1.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 05:35 PM
It saddens me how little money our government is spending in killing these bears. It's their endless propaganda... I mean did you know the bear wasn't supposed to be on the Californian flag, but a bear threatened to kill their Martha Washington's family and like a typical lib she gave in. We should use the illegal immigrants to hunt down the bears!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 05:36 PM
Or at the very least, as bait.

After all, who DOESN'T love to eat Mexican? :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 05:46 PM
Probably the French, those peckerheads will bitch about anything

Sooner_Bob
6/4/2006, 08:45 AM
Heh

StoopTroup
6/4/2006, 08:50 AM
Rowdy Roddy Piper was and always will be the greatest wrestler of all time.
Quit talkin' crazy...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/keriwoo1/MISC/HacksawDuggan.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/4/2006, 08:52 AM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

usmc-sooner
6/4/2006, 12:08 PM

you ever catch him on pro's vs joe's

GDC
6/4/2006, 12:55 PM
Stacy Keibler Suffers Seizure
NEW YORK (May 19, 2006) -- Access has learned that "Dancing with the Stars" alum Stacy Keibler suffered a minor seizure at the ABC Upfronts -- the fall schedule presentation to advertisers.

Stacy was sent to the hospital Tuesday, where doctors ran tests and released her in "good health," according to a statement from Stacy's representative.

Doctors told Stacy she is allowed to do whatever activities she wants to and is not ill, her rep told Access.

Contrary to other reports, Access has learned that Stacy did not frighten anyone around her, as few people were nearby when she had the seizure.

Stacy's boyfriend -- "7th Heaven" actor Geoff Stults -- did not rush to her side, according to her rep. Geoff was already scheduled to be in New York,and was already with her.

Stacy's rep notes that the long-legged beauty is perfectly fine and even went to an event in New York Thursday night.

Stacy is scheduled to host the Preakness Stakes -- the second leg in the Triple Crown horse race -- in Baltimore over the weekend, her rep stated.

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed..

bri
6/4/2006, 12:57 PM
See what happens when you sell out, yainch? ;)

Scott D
6/4/2006, 12:58 PM
oh well Vince is just glad that Mickie James has bigger puppies ;)

bri
6/4/2006, 04:38 PM
And quite the badonkadonk, I might add. :D

SicEmBaylor
6/10/2006, 12:03 AM
The irony of your statement is so powerful, I was talking to my friend...who goes to BAYLOR!!! God I hate bears!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/10/2006, 12:09 AM
Not you silly...the thing you got your mascot name from!!!! Why don't you guys just call yourself Baylor Godless Killing Machines because that is all Bears are!!!!

SicEmBaylor
6/10/2006, 12:12 AM
Not you silly...the thing you got your mascot name from!!!! Why don't you guys just call yourself Baylor Godless Killing Machines because that is all Bears are!!!!

You may consider yourself on our list.
Good day to you, SIR.

SicEmBaylor
6/10/2006, 12:16 AM

The rest of the story..

Baylor began intercollegiate athletic competition in the 1890s, but was without an official nickname until 1914. In that year, President Samuel Palmer Brooks held a vote of the student body to determine how the school's teams would be known nationwide. Former student Kit Rosborough offered a $5 gold piece to the student who submitted the winning entry.

In what was reported as a close vote, "Bears" narrowly defeated "Buffaloes." Other nominated nicknames were "Antelopes," "Frogs" and "Ferrets." The December 17, 1914 Lariat headline read, "Bruin Is Elected Patron Saint of all Baylordom." Coed Doyle Thrailkill of San Antonio won the prize for her entry.

The Mascot

Although Baylor adopted "Bears" as its official nickname in 1914, it wasn't until the 1920s that a real bear mascot came to the University.

The first live bear was made available by the troops of the 107th Engineers, a unit of the 32nd Infantry Division stationed at Camp MacArthur in Waco during World War I.

The bear, named Ted, made his first appearance at the 1917 Baylor-Texas A&M football game, and when the unit got its orders to move on, the bear was left in the hands of the Baylor athletic department. Since then, the use of bears at Baylor football and basketball games has become as much a fixture as the players, cheerleaders and bands.

A series of bears have served as Baylor's mascot, but perhaps the best-known was Joe College, who came to Baylor through the work of Bill Boyd, then a Baylor student. Boyd bought the bear from a zoo that went broke at the Cotton Palace in Waco. He then approached Baylor's president, Pat Neff, and offered to take care of the bear in exchange for free tuition. Neff accepted the deal and the tradition of live bears as mascots has continued since.

In 1974, the student body voted to name all the bears “Judge” followed by a surname in honor of the university’s namesake, Judge R.E.B. Baylor.

The bears attend several Baylor athletic events, schools, community centers, churches, and any other educational outreach.

The bears may also be seen at the Steve Hudson Memorial Bear Plaza located in the center of the Baylor campus. “The Pit” as it is known on campus was built in 1976 and is classified as a Class ‘C’ Exhibitor Zoo. It is licensed to hold up to three North American Black Bears and is regulated and licensed by the United States Department of Agriculture and the Texas Parks and Wildlife.

In 1960, Baylor's yell leaders introduced the "Bear Claw" hand signal and "Sic'Em Bears" yell. The initial student and faculty reaction to the yell and coinciding hand signal, made by slightly curving all five fingers inward to form a bear claw, was mixed.

The issue was a topic of hot debate, and their use was sporadic throughout the '60s until Grant Teaff arrived in 1972. Teaff initiated a new era of Baylor football and the "Bear Claw" and "Sic'Em Bears" yell came to symbolize pride in Baylor athletics.

In addition to being used during the yell, the "Bear Claw" is held up during the playing of Baylor's school song, "That Good Old Baylor Line." Football players traditionally hold up their helmets during the playing of the school song.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/10/2006, 12:30 AM
Don't make me cut your mic off!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/10/2006, 12:31 AM
Just wait until Ted eats your campus for lunch!!!

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 05:07 PM
'cause Stone Cold said so!

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2006, 05:08 PM
If I offered Stone Cold a Zima....
......would he drink it?

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 05:10 PM
more like beat you over the head with it