PDA

View Full Version : Grade President Obama:

OU_Sooners75
2/17/2010, 05:22 AM
If you were the one that was to grade Obama and how you graded him as the POTUS influenced his job ratings, what would those grades be at this time? Please give an honest, yet brief reason for the grade you give him for each.

Using the grade scale of A, B, C, D, or F; grade the following:

Economy/Jobs:
Domestic and Social Affairs:
Foreign Affairs/Policy:
War in Afghanistan:
War in Iraq:
War on Terrorism:
National Security:
Health care:
Energy and Environment:
Education:
Leadership:
Management Style:
Overall:

MrJimBeam
2/17/2010, 06:46 AM
Economy/Jobs:D Passed only cause he saved us from depression:rolleyes:
Domestic and Social Affairs:C meh
Foreign Affairs/Policy:F Iran, N. Korea, Poland/Czech Republic
War in Afghanistan:A Surge!!!
War in Iraq:C Victory handed to him
War on Terrorism:D Holder, trials, 3 days to respond to panty bomber
National Security:D Don't ask don't tell.
Health care:F pfffttt.
Energy and Environment:D Georgia nukclure plant saved him from F
Education:C How could he screw up this mess?
Leadership:D Campaign leader=yah, super majority leader=fail
Management Style:C I don't know how he manages his people.
Overall:D He's no Bill Clinton.

I'm less impressed with him every day.

lexsooner
2/17/2010, 08:49 AM
Without exactly following the list above, I would give him mixed grades. Overall, he seems basically competent and he has appointed some very talented people, although his first year was a rude learning experience in politics and the public's mood. He's viewed as likeable and well-intentioned, but his message has not connected well with the public.

I think he went in to the White House with a liberal agenda with a desire to change things to fit this agenda, but lo and behold it appears the politics of the day and public opinion are going to mold and shape his actions, and this will continue throughout the rest of his reign, pulling him more to the center.

But for those who would like to see him buried, I would not sell Obama short. I think he is a very savvy individual and a quick study. As has always been, it's the economy first and foremost on the minds of the public. If the jobs situation improves the next couple of years along with the rest of our economy, I can see Obama being re-elected. He's no lightweight and he did not get to the White House by accident.

Finally, I think the Democrats and Republicans in Congress are the ones truly deserving Ds and Fs. Useless, self-serving POSs. In my humble opinion.

StoopTroup
2/17/2010, 08:49 AM
I'm less impressed with him every day.

That's the way I felt about GW after a month in Afghanistan and it never got any better for me either. As far as Iraq goes...Victory might have been handed to him but he also hasn't back slid and the Iraqis People seem to have taken some ownership of their Country again....so I'm gonna give him a B unless something gets progressively worse there.

Healthcare? Yeah...so far it remains as a Campaign Promise. Unless he gets it passed...I don't think it's fair to even grade him on it as I don't believe it's completely his fault at failing to be a Leader about it as much as it is political propaganda. Should he get it passed and fail to get it implemented...I'll grade him then.

National Security? It was handed to him. He's maintained it. Do I feel safe? Not really. I wouldn't travel out of the U.S. unless I really knew about where I was going and had guarantees about accommodations and transportation. I know lots of folks that travel with God on their Shoulder as a guide to help people in other Countries via mission trips...if I wasn't a Father of two young children...I might take such a risk...but unless I really needed to go somewhere...I would keep my travels much nearer to Home still. We as Americans can just wing it anywhere in the World carrying a AMEX card like a bullet-proof vest anymore. Things are not any better than it was during the GW Administration IMO. I grade a D but say it's not exactly an easy one to fix either when you are still running to active Wars around the globe. North Korea seems to have STFU though.

Guess you might say...WTF does traveling abroad have to do with National Security? I think it has an impact when you know it's not safe to travel abroad as an American...you know it's not safe to let folks into your Country anymore that wish to hurt our way of life. 9-11 hurt our way of life and it continues until we start taking better care of our own people and rebuild those Towers in NYC. I think it's pretty awful right now for a lot of folks in America and watching others travel abroad to help although to be commended...it's also disturbing to see Food Banks and unemployment lines and folks amassing debt do to illnesses. Throwing money at a Nuclear Power Plant is probably a very good thing. Wind Power seems like the right thing to do too. however....my spirit as an American would be changed when I see an Opening Ceremony for the Twin Towers in NYC with a crowd of War Veterans being honored for standing up and doing the right thing for our Country so that we could rebuild and show to the World that America might shudder....but we will not stand down. We will rebuild what you destroy and grown stronger from attack rather than be weakened. We can take a punch and get back up again and again....we will not stop until you kill us all.

God Bless America

sooner n houston
2/17/2010, 09:00 AM
Economy/Jobs: Are you kidding - 10% unemployment - F
Domestic and Social Affairs: Quadripled the debt in first year and trying to spend even more - F
Foreign Affairs/Policy: Bowing, apologizing etc. - F
War in Afghanistan: At least he finally sent most of the troops the Generals wanted - C
War in Iraq: Hasn't screwed this one up like I'd feared - C
War on Terrorism: Civilian trials, closing Gitmo - D
National Security: Iran and nuc's - F
Health care: I don't want nationalized health care - F
Energy and Environment: Amazing stane on Nuc's, still need to drill drill drill - D
Education:?
Leadership: What Leadership - F
Management Style: B
Overall: F

85Sooner
2/17/2010, 12:03 PM
Domestic and Social Affairs: Quadripled the debt in first year and trying to spend even more - F
War in Afghanistan: At least he finally sent most of the troops the Generals wanted - C
Energy and Environment: Amazing stane on Nuc's, still need to drill drill drill - D

I concur

oudavid1
2/17/2010, 12:30 PM
Remember he was a congressman for almost 2 years, and he talks really loud......wait what!!

ndpruitt03
2/17/2010, 12:48 PM
Economy/Jobs: F said that if we didn't pass his bill unemployment would be 8% it's not 10% epic fail.
Domestic and Social Affairs: F In 8 years we spent like crazy, but he's making Bush look like he wasn't spending at all.
Foreign Affairs/Policy: F he's basically allowing Iran and Korea to have nukes, but same with our last guy. That doesn't mean you continue what Bush was doing here. You don't want either one of these countries with nukes.
War in Afghanistan: B- took to long to send more guys there especially if it's the good war. Can't give him an A for that reason.
War in Iraq: no grade because he wasn't involved in this process.
War on Terrorism: D- Trying the terrorist as citizens then going back to blame it on Bush because we did the same thing when we were clueless about the shoe bomber. At that time it was just after 9-11 and we had no idea how to deal with terrorists. That shouldn't be the same 10 years later.
National Security: F They are alreayd saying they expect a terrorist attack soon.
Health care: F have a huge majority and you try to pass a big convoluted POS bill that has no chance at passing
Energy and Environment: F Again look at healthcare plus he's spent nothing on alternative fuels nor is he drilling here. We can't live off the middle east fuel for much longer. We need to start going toward our own fuels.
Leadership: F had a huge majority in both the house and senate and did NOTHING.
Management Style: F all he does is lie.
Overall: F he's Bush on steroids. I don't get how democrats can like him because he's pushing the same agenda our last president was pushing.

soonervegas
2/17/2010, 01:27 PM
Economy/Jobs: C
Domestic and Social Affairs: B
Foreign Affairs/Policy:B
War in Afghanistan: F
War in Iraq: B
War on Terrorism: B
National Security:B
Health care:F
Energy and Environment: C
Education: D
Leadership: C
Management Style: C
Overall: C

He will have to do work to get reelected. Unless Palin is his foe...then he can probably cake walk in. But a strong Repub that believes in spending controls, limited government, and staying out of dividing social issues.....big trouble for the O

OULenexaman
2/17/2010, 01:48 PM

which would give Barry a GPA of 0.692.....looks about right to me....

lexsooner
2/17/2010, 03:41 PM
Economy/Jobs: C
Foreign Affairs/Policy:B
War in Afghanistan: F
Health care:F
Education: D
Leadership: C
Management Style: C
Overall: C

He will have to do work to get reelected. Unless Palin is his foe...then he can probably cake walk in. But a strong Repub that believes in spending controls, limited government, and staying out of dividing social issues.....big trouble for the O

If the jobs and economy improve significantly, Obama will likely be re-elected. If not, I agree he may be in trouble. If Palin runs against him, Obama will win regardless. Surely the GOP is not stupid enough to run Palin. She is projected to win a total of about 70 electoral votes in the South, SW, and West. The public is fed up with both parties and politics as it is now, so neither party should feel self-confident at the moment. That is, unless you know Palin is running against your candidate.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/17/2010, 04:10 PM
E for Evil. Dude is trying to change America, ala FDR, LBJ, Carter and Clinton, all rolled into The One, but with a growl.

LosAngelesSooner
2/17/2010, 04:28 PM
E for Evil. Dude is trying to change America, ala FDR, LBJ, Carter and Clinton, all rolled into The One, but with a growl.

That's "Troll Speak" for ME HATEY DEMOCRATS!!!! RAWR!!!!

C&CDean
2/17/2010, 04:36 PM
I give him a solid D-, maybe an F+.

The war in afghanistan and the war on terror are the only things that keep him from getting a solid F from the American judge.

The economy I'd have to give him a G on (or whatever is worse than F). You know, the economy? The most important issue to the democrats while GWB was in office? Oh, you forgot? Well it's still in the crapper.

Chuck Bao
2/17/2010, 04:36 PM
Economy/Jobs: B+
Domestic and Social Affairs: C
Foreign Affairs/Policy: A-
War in Afghanistan: B
War on Terrorism: A
National Security: B+
Health care: D
Energy and Environment: B
Education: C
Leadership: A
Management Style: A
Overall: B

C&CDean
2/17/2010, 04:37 PM
Jeez Chuck, whatchoo smokin' mon? A B+ on the economy? Uh, OK??

soonerscuba
2/17/2010, 04:48 PM
E for Evil. Dude is trying to change America, ala FDR, LBJ, Carter and Clinton, all rolled into The One, but with a growl.Can we throw in other liberals with no regard to context or historical narrative? I think he's like Ghandi, Thomas Paine, Cesar Chavez, Sean Penn and Hellen Keller, but with more of a subtle roar. Also, top notes of the anti-Christ.

texas bandman
2/17/2010, 04:58 PM
Economy/Jobs: B-
Foreign Affairs/Policy: B-
War in Afghanistan: C
Health care: C
Education: C
Leadership: C-
Overall: B-

I think he's done a decent job considering the state of the nation when he took over. The Congress should be taken out and flogged. Somewhere both parties forgot what their kindergarten teacher taught them about working and playing together. It seems the extremes of both parties are wanting the nation to fail. The wackos whether they be right wing or left wing need to go. We need parties of moderation who realize that there is no black or white, only shades of gray.

Chuck Bao
2/17/2010, 05:16 PM
Jeez Chuck, whatchoo smokin' mon? A B+ on the economy? Uh, OK??

Honestly, I don't know much about the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, the war on terrorism, national security or even education.

But, I do think the Obama administration deserves a B+ rating (at least for now) on the economy. Obama inherited a very bad economy from the previous administration and it was very clear to most economists that the situation would get worse before better. At this time last year, the global financial system was on the verge of collapse. I do not completely agree with the way the big banks were bailed out, but it is clear that something had to be done.

This is an interesting article from Newsweek about the stimulus measures.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/233722

I will just cut and paste two paragraphs from the article.

...Has it been a success? On the macroeconomic level, it's too soon to tell. Yes, White House economics adviser Christina Romer last month said that employment was 1.5 million to 2 million higher because of the stimulus. And you don't have to take it from the White House, David Leonhardt recently wrote in the New York Times: "perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody's Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs."...

...the stimulus has been quite successful on a political level—even if the polls don't necessarily show it. Remember, it was essentially a Democratic undertaking. Every Republican member of the House and all but three Republican members of the Senate voted against it. And since its passage there have been continued calls for its repeal or for halting. But what precisely are they objecting to? Again, look to Recovery.gov. The biggest single chunk of the stimulus was tax cuts—$288 billion...

C&CDean
2/17/2010, 05:54 PM
Oh. So he inherited a ****ed up economy, and since the "economists said it was going to get worse" and it did in fact get worse then that's a good grade? I'd give him a B+ if he did anything to stop the bleeding - I mean besides feeding the country massive doses of coumadin.

1890MilesToNorman
2/17/2010, 05:55 PM
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F***

tommieharris91
2/17/2010, 08:05 PM
Can we throw in other liberals with no regard to context or historical narrative? I think he's like Ghandi, Thomas Paine, Cesar Chavez, Sean Penn and Hellen Keller, but with more of a subtle roar. Also, top notes of the anti-Christ.

You're forgetting Stalin and Che Guevara.

JLEW1818
2/17/2010, 08:16 PM
CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES WE CAN AMERICA!!!! YES WE CAN!!!!!!

tommieharris91
2/17/2010, 08:44 PM
Oh. So he inherited a ****ed up economy, and since the "economists said it was going to get worse" and it did in fact get worse then that's a good grade? I'd give him a B+ if he did anything to stop the bleeding - I mean besides feeding the country massive doses of coumadin.

CEOs are handed fat bonuses based on this logic.

GKeeper316
2/17/2010, 09:28 PM
cracks me up you people think 8 years of bush can be fixed in one year.

it didnt matter who was elected... he was inheriting a ****-storm from that dumbass texan.

85Sooner
2/17/2010, 09:43 PM
cracks me up you people think 8 years of bush can be fixed in one year.

it didnt matter who was elected... he was inheriting a ****-storm from that dumbass texan.

Silly to me why anyone would think it was G Bush 8 years as opposed to the years controlled by Pelosi et al. crappy goaltenders get hit in the head too much

Crucifax Autumn
2/17/2010, 09:52 PM
8-2

GKeeper316
2/17/2010, 09:56 PM
Silly to me why anyone would think it was G Bush 8 years as opposed to the years controlled by Pelosi et al. crappy goaltenders get hit in the head too much

i could lose 40 iq points and still be smarter than the average oklahoman.

and how about this... we call off the obama hate and start in with some good partisan politics hate?

imo as long as democrats wont listen to republicans and republicans wont listen to democrats, and those are the only 2 choices we essentially have, **** aint gonna change.

LosAngelesSooner
2/17/2010, 10:56 PM
Overall I'd give him a C+ to B- average.

I'm not gonna go through the whole list. I've gotta get some work done today.

LosAngelesSooner
2/17/2010, 10:57 PM
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F***Posts like this relegate the people who post them to Troll status. Seriously.

Okay...NOW I'm getting back to work.

Crucifax Autumn
2/17/2010, 11:00 PM
Overall I'd give him a C+ to B- average.

I'm not gonna go through the whole list. I've gotta get some work done today.

Slacker!

Tulsa_Fireman
2/18/2010, 01:45 AM
EFF EFFITY EFFING EFF

Dr. Seuss sends his regards.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 02:03 AM
Posts like this relegate the people who post them to Troll status. Seriously.

Okay...NOW I'm getting back to work.

says the guy responsible for 80% of SFs troll posts all time :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 02:13 AM
RLiMC has that distinction locked down.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 02:15 AM
its a tight race

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 03:00 AM
It's not even close. RLiMC easily has the Gold and Tuba's had the Silver locked up for years.

Shoot, when it comes to Trolling and overall stupid/political hack job threads, I'm not even in the top 10 on here.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 03:05 AM
You are 1a, 2a, 3a, and 8a

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 03:25 AM
If we're being honest and not just talking smack, then no...not even close. And any reasonable person on here knows it.

Otherwise, carry on...

Collier11
2/18/2010, 03:28 AM
we can make a poll if you like, it wont be pretty though

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 04:20 AM
You're confusing me with someone who cares.

You're also confusing me with someone who thinks the majority of chuckleheads on this board could actually make an objective choice rather than just following whatever clique they belong to in making a lazy decision.

I'm neither of those.

Quit trolling for a reaction from me, Collier. I'm tired from working on yet another deadline while my chick is OOTC. It makes me disinterested in engaging in the usual "MY Side! NO...MY side!" arguments that occur on here.

I either chat rationally with intelligent people with Froze or I look for silly video threads/fark threads/or general TV-Movie talk threads and only occasionally peek in threads like these to see if the usual suspects are up to their usual dooshknockery. Which, as I've already stated, they are.

Peace out.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2010, 05:27 AM

You're also confusing me with someone who thinks the majority of chuckleheads on this board could actually make an objective choice rather than just following whatever clique they belong to in making a lazy decision.

I'm neither of those.

Quit trolling for a reaction from me, Collier. I'm tired from working on yet another deadline while my chick is OOTC. It makes me disinterested in engaging in the usual "MY Side! NO...MY side!" arguments that occur on here.

I either chat rationally with intelligent people with Froze or I look for silly video threads/fark threads/or general TV-Movie talk threads and only occasionally peek in threads like these to see if the usual suspects are up to their usual dooshknockery. Which, as I've already stated, they are.

Peace out.

Just a little, not much, full of yourself, aren't you?

MrJimBeam
2/18/2010, 05:45 AM

I'm neither of those.

Peace out.

I'm less impressed with you every day.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:51 AM
Just a little, not much, full of yourself, aren't you?No. Not at all. The sad thing is how incredibly insecure you must be in order to have interpreted it that way.

I'm less impressed with you every day.
Oh, dear. Whatever will I do? Maybe I should say goodbye to this cruel world...now that I've lost your approval. Dear...oh deary dear...

LOL

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2010, 06:14 AM
No. Not at all. The sad thing is how incredibly insecure you must be in order to have interpreted it that way.

Oh, dear. Whatever will I do? Maybe I should say goodbye to this cruel world...now that I've lost your approval. Dear...oh deary dear...

LOL

LMFAO.

When one tries to brag about their intellect then they are the one insecure or at least compensating for something.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 06:29 AM
Really? Is THAT what I did? LOL

Well, I'll tell you what...I promise not to brag about my intellect if you promise not to brag about your reading comprehension skills. ;)

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2010, 06:31 AM
Really? Is THAT what I did? LOL

Well, I'll tell you what...I promise not to brag about my intellect if you promise not to brag about your reading comprehension skills. ;)

You only talk to intelligent people remember. :P

Stop being a doosher all the time, lighten up and have some freaking fun. This summer, I plan on visiting an Uncle in LA. May have to stop in and drink a beer with you...LOL

Now, since you are here, why not grade Obama out like the OP asks.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 06:45 AM
I already did. I gave him a C+ to a B- overall average.

I didn't feel like taking the time to go down the whole derned list.

On more important matters, I'm always willing to meet a fellow Sooner for a beer. Lemme know when you're gonna be out this way.

Turd_Ferguson
2/18/2010, 07:17 AM
This summer, I plan on visiting an Uncle in LA. May have to stop in and drink a beer with you...LOLMight wanna consult with CrimsonJim first....:D

King Barry's Back
2/18/2010, 07:49 AM
Without exactly following the list above, I would give him mixed grades. Overall, he seems basically competent and he has appointed some very talented people, although his first year was a rude learning experience in politics and the public's mood. He's viewed as likeable and well-intentioned, but his message has not connected well with the public.

I think he went in to the White House with a liberal agenda with a desire to change things to fit this agenda, but lo and behold it appears the politics of the day and public opinion are going to mold and shape his actions, and this will continue throughout the rest of his reign, pulling him more to the center.

But for those who would like to see him buried, I would not sell Obama short. I think he is a very savvy individual and a quick study. As has always been, it's the economy first and foremost on the minds of the public. If the jobs situation improves the next couple of years along with the rest of our economy, I can see Obama being re-elected. He's no lightweight and he did not get to the White House by accident.

Finally, I think the Democrats and Republicans in Congress are the ones truly deserving Ds and Fs. Useless, self-serving POSs. In my humble opinion.

I agree 100% with the first three paragraphs. Regarding para 4 -- only some Members of Congress are useless, self-serving POSs.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2010, 10:35 AM
Might wanna consult with CrimsonJim first....:D

Yeah I better.;)

Crucifax Autumn
2/18/2010, 12:31 PM
I'd actually love to drink a few with LAS.

You gonna visit Vegas anytime soon? We'd have a blast, I'm sure.

badger
2/18/2010, 12:42 PM
If he had gotten the health care stuff to pass both Senate and House and sign it, then he would have gotten A, for doing two things never done in the history of the country:

1- Be the first black president
2- Start the foundation for universal healthcare coverage.

Alas, he didn't, so the first year of his term was greatly wasted, because they spent an incredible amount of time on this issue, while ignoring issues thought to be of more importance among the voting public, like employment and educational funding, for example.

However, they did provide necessary funds to allow states more time to figure out their budget crisises through stimulus plans to the states (the fact that the states spent their checks too quickly falls solely on the states). These funds have also improved states' infrastructures (including here in Tulsa with our IDL around downtown) and have also provided businesses a chance to get back on their feet with the faltering economy... some are paying the government back, some are slipping further into public discord through bonuses for execs... again, that falls on the businesses if they screw up if they're given a mulligan.

Now... whether states and businesses should have been given a mulligan, when some have wisely spent their funds and are ready to pay the government back, while others tried to keep spending as freely as always and are probably already begging for a second handout? Up for discussion (on the South Oval, lol).

As for foreign relations, our war efforts continue under the Bush-appointed A&M guy Gates. Not much has changed in that regard, which can either be seen as a negative or a positive.

Because so much is up for discussion, I give Obama a D. It would have been a C, except for the healthcare thing. It's hard to overlook the fact that nothing will get passed after spending so much time on this issue. It was all for nothing. A complete waste, in retrospect.

tommieharris91
2/18/2010, 12:42 PM
I agree 100% with the first three paragraphs. Regarding para 4 -- only some Members of Congress are useless, self-serving POSs.

Some?

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 03:03 PM
Might wanna consult with CrimsonJim first....:DLOL.

Dude gave me less than a day's notice and was almost an hour's drive away in each direction. I'm SORRY that I couldn't drop everything and run.

And I DID apologize for not being able to make it and promise a rain check.

I'd actually love to drink a few with LAS.

You gonna visit Vegas anytime soon? We'd have a blast, I'm sure.
Thanks. And, no, I'm sorry, bud. I really don't go to Vegas very often. It's just not my kind of city. But if I ever make it out that way, I'll let you know.

My next trip, in all likelihood, will be to New Mexico to shoot a film.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah I better.;)
Just let me know when you're gonna be out here. And also realize that San Diego is NOT L.A. That would be like me flying to Dallas and being mad that people in OKC didn't drive down t have a beer with me. LOL

Also, Ontario is BARELY doable, though I can usually make that one happen if I have enough warning.

NormanPride
2/18/2010, 03:31 PM
He's kind of failed at everything he said he'd do. I'd give him an incomplete right now, but he's got a while to complete his work.

C&CDean
2/18/2010, 03:36 PM
i could lose 40 iq points and still be smarter than the average oklahoman.

LAS, is that you? Please. That deserves some neg.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 04:18 PM
You only talk to intelligent people remember. :P

Stop being a doosher all the time, lighten up and have some freaking fun. This summer, I plan on visiting an Uncle in LA. May have to stop in and drink a beer with you...LOL

Now, since you are here, why not grade Obama out like the OP asks.

I love the word doosher, I laugh everytime I hear it

On more important matters, I'm always willing to meet a fellow Sooner for a beer. Lemme know when you're gonna be out this way.

Like I told ya before, ill be in Vegas in July so maybe by chance we can meet up, if not, im sure ill be in LA one of these days but you need to bring your azz to an OU game, dont worry, ill protect ya (as long as my beer is on your tab :D

Collier11
2/18/2010, 04:19 PM

I'm neither of those.

Peace out.

Im sorry LAS, didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Just givin ya a hard time but I have tried to discuss different things with you and you typically turn it into the argument so I just got used to it ;)

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 04:22 PM
LAS, is that you? Please. That deserves some neg.

Come on, Dean. You know I've NEVER said anything even remotely close to that about Oklahoma or Oklahomans. Dude...

C&CDean
2/18/2010, 04:24 PM
Not directly, but you've inferred it.

You just came to mind when I saw this post.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 04:25 PM
Im sorry LAS, didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Just givin ya a hard time but I have tried to discuss different things with you and you typically turn it into the argument so I just got used to it ;)

You didn't "hurt my feelers," you just kept pushing a button that wasn't gonna give you the reaction you wanted. And how many of those discussions were really "my fault?" I'd argue that many times people take what I said and spin it in a completely illogical way just trying to find something to **** themselves off or trying to find some way to "get me." As if "getting someone" means you've "won" an argument. This thread, particularly this page, is a prime example of it. Both the example at the top of the page and including Dean's reply just above.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 04:25 PM
Not directly, but you've inferred it.

You just came to mind when I saw this post.

No, ****bird, I haven't. Ever.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 04:27 PM
I love the word doosher, I laugh everytime I hear it

Like I told ya before, ill be in Vegas in July so maybe by chance we can meet up, if not, im sure ill be in LA one of these days but you need to bring your azz to an OU game, dont worry, ill protect ya (as long as my beer is on your tab :D

I hardly need protection from any of you "prime examples of physical fitness." LOL :D I'd love to make it to a tailgate this year. Unfortunately I think I'm gonna be living out of the country for a large portion of the year again, most likely from June/July until December. Maybe a bowl game.

Collier11
2/18/2010, 04:31 PM
well you can still pick up my beer tab ;)

C&CDean
2/18/2010, 04:36 PM
No, ****bird, I haven't. Ever.

Yes, Mr. self-absorbed highly enlightened left coast man of action, you have. You just don't even realize it when you do it. To quote the nerd from The Breakfast Club "Claire, you're such a bitch. You're so..so full of yourself"

It usually comes as a retort when someone criticizes hollywood/la/actors/writers/earthquake victims in la/etc. Like when some goober goes "I wish all them ****wads in la would just fall off into the ocean" and your response is "you people out there are just too ignorant to understand the left-coast vibe..."

No, it's not verbatim, but you get the point.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/18/2010, 05:03 PM
Hollywood and L.A. actors and writers need to fall off in the ocean.

*runs away*

NormanPride
2/18/2010, 05:24 PM
LAS = drama

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, Mr. self-absorbed highly enlightened left coast man of action, you have. You just don't even realize it when you do it. To quote the nerd from The Breakfast Club "Claire, you're such a bitch. You're so..so full of yourself"

It usually comes as a retort when someone criticizes hollywood/la/actors/writers/earthquake victims in la/etc. Like when some goober goes "I wish all them ****wads in la would just fall off into the ocean" and your response is "you people out there are just too ignorant to understand the left-coast vibe..."

No, it's not verbatim, but you get the point.

No, ****bird, I HAVEN'T. Just because I think ignorant statements from bigoted rednecks who don't know **** from shinola demonstrate their inherent lack of education, class and morality ESPECIALLY when they are calling for the death of people who happen to disagree with them or live with a different set of values does NOT mean that I am applying that statement to all OKIES. Just because a few who fall into that category live in Oklahoma doesn't mean that's where all of them live. They live in Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas and, yes, even California. Now, if you choose to lump yourself, or all of OUR fellow Okies into that description, then that's on YOU. But you'll never find me wishing death and destruction on my native state, or the people of my native state, just because we have a disagreement. Sometimes you just **** me off with your stupid statements, dude. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:32 PM
well you can still pick up my beer tab ;)

Certainly. I have no problem with that, bud. :)

JohnnyMack
2/18/2010, 05:33 PM
Hey LAS, I'm not exactly sure what the hell this thread is about, but Dean just quoted The Breakfast Club. Your argument is invalid.

C&CDean
2/18/2010, 05:34 PM
Dang, someone is PMSing. No caffeine, no alcohol, lots of vitamin B there homeslice.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:34 PM
LAS = drama

For your momma.

C&CDean
2/18/2010, 05:35 PM
That means you can buy us all beers, but you can't drink them.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2010, 05:36 PM
http://komplexify.com/images/2009/Invalid1.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:38 PM
Dang, someone is PMSing. No caffeine, no alcohol, lots of vitamin B there homeslice.

Not PMSing. But dude, disagree with me because you think my politics suck. Talk **** because you think I have a case of grenades in my basement. But don't make up lies that I go around calling the people of my home state a bunch of worthless ninnies. I don't think that, never have and have never said it. I love my home state and am proud of it. And I defend my state with the same fervor as I defend my love of my state, whether the attack is coming from a retired mailman who likes to spit on his living room floor or some dooshy lib who drinks their chamomile tea with their pinky sticking out.

NormanPride
2/18/2010, 05:38 PM
No, ****bird, I HAVEN'T. Just because I think ignorant statements from bigoted rednecks who don't know **** from shinola demonstrate their inherent lack of education, class and morality ESPECIALLY when they are calling for the death of people who happen to disagree with them or live with a different set of values does NOT mean that I am applying that statement to all OKIES. Just because a few who fall into that category live in Oklahoma doesn't mean that's where all of them live. They live in Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas and, yes, even California. Now, if you choose to lump yourself, or all of OUR fellow Okies into that description, then that's on YOU. But you'll never find me wishing death and destruction on my native state, or the people of my native state, just because we have a disagreement. Sometimes you just **** me off with your stupid statements, dude. :rolleyes:

You are so easily trolled, it's beginning to be awkward.

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:41 PM
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh468/Mandos/thisThread.jpg ;) Who's trollin' who?

NormanPride
2/18/2010, 05:44 PM
http://lol.i.trollyou.com/

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 05:57 PM
Heh...well, that's another opinion, I guess. :D

Collier11
2/18/2010, 06:03 PM
me thinks LAS needs his lady friend to get home...FAST

If its gonna be a while though, Jlew would be happy to help you with your needs :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/18/2010, 06:14 PM
Nah. I heard you guys stretched him all out. If you hose him off you may be able to trade him for a six pack of Miller in WeHo.

OU_Sooners75
2/19/2010, 03:21 AM
Just let me know when you're gonna be out here. And also realize that San Diego is NOT L.A. That would be like me flying to Dallas and being mad that people in OKC didn't drive down t have a beer with me. LOL

Also, Ontario is BARELY doable, though I can usually make that one happen if I have enough warning.

It may be in June...Uncle just moved out there...and I have never been there.

I think it would be fun.

Ill let you know for sure.

OU_Sooners75
2/19/2010, 03:26 AM
Nah. I heard you guys stretched him all out. If you hose him off you may be able to trade him for a six pack of Miller in WeHo.

:eek:

Crucifax Autumn
2/19/2010, 08:08 AM
poor jlew. always getting made fun of just for being our official posse cum dumpster. I for one respect him for the fine job he's been doing with no complaints or crying that we ripped his dress.

Collier11
2/19/2010, 02:02 PM
I love Jlew as do most of us, for good reason :eek: