PDA

View Full Version : Thunder win 7th in a row, beat Mavs 99-86...

Soonerus
2/17/2010, 12:19 AM
...playoffs, here we come !!!

nighttrain12
2/17/2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah, Cuban didn't look too happy after the first quarter! ha ha

Give this message thread 'five stars'!

misplacedsooner
2/17/2010, 12:29 AM
#8 in a row saturday night in the big apple.

Soonerus
2/17/2010, 12:57 AM
Cuban was sulking like a baby the whole second half...hilarious !!!

starclassic tama
2/17/2010, 12:58 PM
cuban is a doosh, he and the portland owner were the only two that voted against the team coming to OKC

nighttrain12
2/17/2010, 01:09 PM
cuban is a doosh, he and the portland owner were the only two that voted against the team coming to OKC

True, but they both had their own good reasons. Cuban didn't want competition only 200 miles away and the Portland owner was a Seattle native.

yankee
2/17/2010, 04:01 PM
True, but they both had their own good reasons. Cuban didn't want competition only 200 miles away and the Portland owner was a Seattle native.

there are two other texas nba teams, i doubt mileage was the reason why cuban didn't want the thunder.

CobraKai
2/17/2010, 04:03 PM

Cuban was very outspoken that OKC was not an "NBA City" and that anyone that thinks they are does not understand the economics of the league. Sounds pretty dooshy to me.

GrapevineSooner
2/20/2010, 08:38 AM
Cuban was very outspoken that OKC was not an "NBA City" and that anyone that thinks they are does not understand the economics of the league. Sounds pretty dooshy to me.

Uh, no. He didn't say that.

Here's what he did say (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nba/2004337463_webcuban09.html):

"I'm completely open-minded about it," Cuban said. "My prejudice is, I'd rather see (the Sonics in) a bigger market that's established. But if the (financial) numbers say otherwise or the information dictates otherwise then I'll do the smart thing. I've given up stuff that would help the Mavs and would help the NBA over and over and over again."

Heading into the meeting, Cuban doesn't believe adding another team to an area that already has teams in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Memphis is a good idea.

"I think that's bad for the league," Cuban said. "Because there's not enough TV weight. There's not enough demand from a TV perspective from outside that little area. It's nice, but when you've got San Antonio versus Dallas, which you'd think is a great marquee matchup, no one outside our area (cares). That's bad. You don't expand the market at all."

Now granted, his statement didn't factor in that the last owner and next to last owner of the franchise while it was still based in Seattle lost money hand over fist.

Nor did it factor in the success that teams in 'small market cities' like Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and San Antonio have had.

But it's not like he opposed the move just to be a doosh.

misplacedsooner
2/20/2010, 10:18 AM
are you sure?? cuban has said alot of things....