PDA

View Full Version : Sean Hannity just said...

JohnnyMack
2/16/2010, 04:54 PM
...that Obama and the current U.S. Legislature is a more difficult challenge to deal with than:

The Civil War
World War I
World War II
Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorism

I truly wanna punch that guy in the face with a tank.

badger
2/16/2010, 04:58 PM
Sean Hannity's foreign relations knowledge off is based off of playing countless hours of Civilization IV.

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 05:08 PM
We survived all of those events without him so....

:D

85Sooner
2/16/2010, 05:26 PM
...that Obama and the current U.S. Legislature is a more difficult challenge to deal with than:

The Civil War
World War I
World War II

It isn't a "MORE DIFFICULT CHALLENGE"
During the wars, it was an easy choice join one side or the other and start shooting. Now, the MSM has the entire admins back, protecting them every step along the way. To overcome what these guys are currently doing could possibly lead to CWII.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2010, 05:29 PM
If he had added Mike's Nature Trick to that list, then I would just have to agree with the man. ;)

Veritas
2/16/2010, 05:35 PM
What's worse, a threat from without that is universally accepted as a something that must be neutralized, or a threat from within that enjoyed the endorsement of the majority of the populace and the continued support of those who tell the people how things are?

I would imagine that's the line of thinking.

soonervegas
2/16/2010, 05:38 PM
If his guys hadn't royally f'd everything up it wouldn't be an issue. They have no one to blame but themselves.

JohnnyMack
2/16/2010, 05:43 PM
What's worse, a threat from without that is universally accepted as a something that must be neutralized, or a threat from within that enjoyed the endorsement of the majority of the populace and the continued support of those who tell the people how things are?

I'm not taking anything you say seriously until you take down your completely inappropriate avatar.

Veritas
2/16/2010, 05:47 PM
I'm not taking anything you say seriously until you take down your completely inappropriate avatar.
Puh-leeze. You wouldn't take me seriously even if I did.

I really should, though.

badger
2/16/2010, 05:52 PM
Puh-leeze. You wouldn't take me seriously even if I did.

I really should, though.

Put up Chuck Long instead. He's a KU coach now too ;)

Veritas
2/16/2010, 05:54 PM
How about now buttholio?

badger
2/16/2010, 05:56 PM
How about now buttholio?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/georgekarras/Images/cornholio1.jpg

yermom
2/16/2010, 06:08 PM

what exactly is the "threat" again?

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2010, 06:25 PM
Sean Hannity just said...

The Civil War
World War I
World War II

Well, the pen is mightier than the sword, so fighting the pen must be tougher than fighting the sword.

Or something like that.

Veritas
2/16/2010, 06:26 PM
what exactly is the "threat" again?
There are plenty of folks who see the Obama administration as a threat to their perception of the American way of life. Those who hold that perspective might make a statement similar to Hannity's. FWIW I'm not one of them so please don't expect me to defend or explain the sentiment. :)

yermom
2/16/2010, 06:38 PM
and those people might be delusional

NormanPride
2/16/2010, 06:39 PM
Or trolls.

soonerscuba
2/16/2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/tea_party_movement

PDXsooner
2/16/2010, 07:13 PM
hannity's an entertainer. he should be taken no more seriously than your next-door neighbor...his goal is to sell himself, his books, and make cash the capitalist way.

JLEW1818
2/16/2010, 07:57 PM
I love Sean!! when he throws that football before commercials, it gives me a woody

:D :D :D :D

lexsooner
2/16/2010, 08:08 PM

The Civil War
World War I
World War II

He's such a light weight pundit, so why get all worked up? At least Rush is intelligent and witty. During the election in the fall of 2008, I swear, this is what I heard on Hannity's show on the way home on the radio on two consecutive days: Day 1: "The polls show Obama's lead is widening. Folks, DO NOT listen to the polls. They are worthless. Just liberals trying to discourage you folks from voting. Ignore them!" Day 2: [The polls show a closer race]. "We are still in it! The polls show the lead is closing! I see the wheels falling off of Obama's wagon . . . . ."

OK, so how in the world can you take this guy seriously after hearing this? Please.

lexsooner
2/16/2010, 08:30 PM
Besides, all pundits are first and foremost entertainers and businessmen and their first concern is ratings. That being said, would these guys more likely give dry commentary, or would they make shocking, attention-getting statements? I am certain the pundits do not just go on the air and just state their honest opinions. It is a big business and everything is carefully researched and canned. They say things to please the target audience, which is in most cases ultra-conservatives. When they say off the wall things like this statement, they are just being media pundits. It helps their ratings, I am sure. Why get all worked up?

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2010, 08:41 PM
I'm still not clear. Could you explain this a little more? Maybe if you used the word "pundit" more it would be clearer.

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 09:32 PM
If you were clear you'd be a chameleon.

VeeJay
2/16/2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.askthelawguy.info/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ricflair.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
2/16/2010, 10:00 PM
I was whacking my pundit earlier and it spit on me.

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2010, 11:00 PM
I heard somewhere that Sean Hannity was a pundit. Is this true?

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2010, 11:03 PM
By the way, a pundit is considered a knowledgeable man, almost an expert. Sounds like Hannity.

picasso
2/17/2010, 12:22 AM

The Civil War
World War I
World War II

Try drilling an oil well.

Dio
2/17/2010, 12:28 AM
Well, the pen is mightier than the sword, so fighting the pen must be tougher than fighting the sword.

Or something like that.

"I'll take 'penis mightier' for 100."

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2010, 02:13 AM
He's such a light weight pundit, so why get all worked up? At least Rush is intelligent and witty. During the election in the fall of 2008, I swear, this is what I heard on Hannity's show on the way home on the radio on two consecutive days: Day 1: "The polls show Obama's lead is widening. Folks, DO NOT listen to the polls. They are worthless. Just liberals trying to discourage you folks from voting. Ignore them!" Day 2: [The polls show a closer race]. "We are still in it! The polls show the lead is closing! I see the wheels falling off of Obama's wagon . . . . ."

OK, so how in the world can you take this guy seriously after hearing this? Please.

This. Hannity is an embarrassment to everyone except Keith Olbermann.

rainiersooner
2/17/2010, 02:16 AM
Who is Sean Hannity?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/17/2010, 02:22 AM
If his guys hadn't royally f'd everything up it wouldn't be an issue. They have no one to blame but themselves.Yeah, the MSM had nothing to do with getting all those democrats elected. haha. How sad for you.

2/17/2010, 02:26 AM
I'm still not clear. Could you explain this a little more? Maybe if you used the word "pundit" more it would be clearer.It might be clearer, yet still not make sense.

LosAngelesSooner
2/17/2010, 02:31 AM
RLiMC, you make no sense.

2/17/2010, 02:34 AM
It isn't a "MORE DIFFICULT CHALLENGE"
During the wars, it was an easy choice join one side or the other and start shooting. Now, the MSM has the entire admins back, protecting them every step along the way. To overcome what these guys are currently doing could possibly lead to CWII.With enemies from within, it IS a special challenge, a more difficult fight in some ways. Hannity's contention was a controversial statement? Depends on how one defines America.

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2010, 11:37 AM
Hannity probably thinks that America today is like the 1950s if we had voted in a Communist. If he feels that way, then his statement makes sense.