PDA

View Full Version : Colt recovering nicely

Blitzkrieg
2/15/2010, 07:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=4917009

He can really lazer the 3 yard buttonhook, once he can hit it at 5 yards he will be as good as before.

LawtonBoy74
2/15/2010, 07:34 PM
Agreed

Curly Bill
2/15/2010, 08:15 PM
His shoulder just has to be strong enough to hold a clipboard.

Herr Scholz
2/15/2010, 08:21 PM
Didn't he beat you guys 3 of 4? Maybe you need to improve your D if he's so limited. Oh that's right, he won more games than any other starting NCAA QB in history.

sooner ngintunr
2/15/2010, 09:50 PM
He's no Pat White.

rawlingsHOH
2/15/2010, 10:07 PM
Didn't he beat you guys 3 of 4? Maybe you need to improve your D if he's so limited. Oh that's right, he won more games than any other starting NCAA QB in history.

Yeah, he looked like a world-beater against our D last year!

Pathetic.

October, that was around the time people were talking mid-first. Now they are talking mid-round.

swardboy
2/15/2010, 10:15 PM
I'd totally forgotten about him until this thread...

SoonerDood
2/15/2010, 10:16 PM

Who's record was it before? David Greene. Who??? What's he doing now? Colt has all those wins and only ONE Big 12 title to show for it. And what a dubious ending that was.

47straight
2/15/2010, 10:18 PM

So you're saying he couldn't do what Gardere could do?

westcoast_sooner
2/15/2010, 10:21 PM
Look - at this stage, I don't care who he played for. Colt is a competitor with a will to win. I'm glad we don't have to face him again, and I'll wish him well in both his rehab and his draft status. Whether he does will in the NFL or fails - that's all up to him and the circumstances he's faced with. I like his scrappy nature, and the fact that he's a good kid, and his mentality where he just makes plays. I'll get flamed for this, but OU could do with more guys who had Colt's fire...

XingTheRubicon
2/15/2010, 10:44 PM

Maybe he can clean Bradford's shower shoes. However, I wish him the best because I actually like Colt. You on the other hand are a complete dildo.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2010, 01:28 AM
Look - at this stage, I don't care who he played for. Colt is a competitor with a will to win. I'm glad we don't have to face him again, and I'll wish him well in both his rehab and his draft status. Whether he does will in the NFL or fails - that's all up to him and the circumstances he's faced with. I like his scrappy nature, and the fact that he's a good kid, and his mentality where he just makes plays. I'll get flamed for this, but OU could do with more guys who had Colt's fire...
Not from me you won't. I totally agree.

Herr Scholz
2/16/2010, 01:47 AM
Pete Gardere. God he sucked against everyone but OU. It was unbelievable. He would throw 10 ft. over a WR's hands. But against you guys he was nails. Weird.

And thanks for the well wishes for Colt. Great kid.

sooner n houston
2/16/2010, 07:56 AM
I don't understand the hate for Colt. Seems like a class act to me.

MamaMia
2/16/2010, 09:11 AM
Who's record was it before? David Greene. Who??? What's he doing now? Colt has all those wins and only ONE Big 12 title to show for it. And what a dubious ending that was.
Only one? Wow. That has to suck. :eek:

I like Colt though. Any friend of Sam's is okay by me. :)

freshchris05
2/16/2010, 09:17 AM
herr... where the **** have you been? i remember back before i even joined this board and was just a reader, herr and lid were 2 of the few resident whorns... now it's an epidemic

SoonerDood
2/16/2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah I agree, Colt's a good dude.

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 09:29 AM
Pete Gardere. God he sucked against everyone but OU. It was unbelievable. He would throw 10 ft. over a WR's hands. But against you guys he was nails. Weird.

And thanks for the well wishes for Colt. Great kid.

In time you'll feel the same way about Colt. You guys never change. Hang in there....it's gonna happen for you.

YWIA

ST

Collier11
2/16/2010, 09:31 AM
I always respected Colt, at this point he will be the only horn that I have ever rooted for in the NFL

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 09:38 AM
I always respected Colt, at this point he will be the only horn that I have ever rooted for in the NFL

I thought he was still undrafted? :D

Collier11
2/16/2010, 10:00 AM

Thought that might help ya out ;)

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2010, 10:09 AM

Earl Campbell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfJybuzkMT0

Collier11
2/16/2010, 10:10 AM
nope, although now that Charles is the primary back in KC, I suppose ill have to root for him

Sooner04
2/16/2010, 10:11 AM
Why are we still worried about Colt McCoy?

Collier11
2/16/2010, 10:15 AM
he was hurted

badger
2/16/2010, 10:16 AM
Good luck Colt. There, I said it. Now can you whorns please report back to your other whorns that we aren't bitter and stuff? That we really are more concerned about Sammie's NFL career than your QB's NFL career? That we have a lot of talent going to NFL and aren't really worried about the fact that Colt never won the Heisman, won more games in the regular season against the minor Texas schools than conference and national titles?

NOT bitter, mkay? :D

TexasLidig8r
2/16/2010, 10:19 AM
nope, although now that Charles is the primary back in KC, I suppose ill have to root for him

Really? Not Earl Campbell? One of toughest runners in NFL history... has never had a bad thing to say about Ou..

who after he scored, he merely flipped the ball to the ref and didnt go into an epileptic fit?

You don't respect him?

hmmmmmm

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 10:24 AM
Better is always better than bitter....bitter makes you hire planes that fly banners around.

auto
2/16/2010, 10:26 AM
Always thought Earl was a helluva player.:)

OUDoc
2/16/2010, 10:29 AM
Why are we still worried about Colt McCoy?
Just think what this place would be like if Colt McCoy joined the Big 10.

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 10:30 AM
Shipley would need therapy?

Collier11
2/16/2010, 10:38 AM
Really? Not Earl Campbell? One of toughest runners in NFL history... has never had a bad thing to say about Ou..

who after he scored, he merely flipped the ball to the ref and didnt go into an epileptic fit?

You don't respect him?

hmmmmmm

you forget that I am not old enough to have seen Campbell play in the NFL, therefore to me he is just another horn...a great one but one that I never really saw other than highlights

freshchris05
2/16/2010, 11:15 AM
still trying to think of a horn that i cheer for...

TXHornsFan
2/16/2010, 11:44 AM
still trying to think of a horn that i cheer for...

DIfferent sport, but it seems OKC in general is good with Kevin Durant.

47straight
2/16/2010, 12:09 PM

You don't respect him?

hmmmmmm

I'd say there's a difference between respecting and rooting...

prrriiide
2/16/2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe you need to improve your D

Maybe you need to go f*#^ yourself.

prrriiide
2/16/2010, 04:17 PM
Earl Campbell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfJybuzkMT0

That would have meant rooting for the Oilers. Nope. Uh-uh. Wasn't gonna happen. Nothing wrong with Earl except who he played for.

Jacie
2/16/2010, 07:30 PM

I realize Gardere is a legend south of the Red River but he had a few things going for him that helped him get those four wins. First, he started the same year Gary Gibbs took over at OU. Gibbs managed to beat sa*et exactly once in six tries, and this was inspite of OU being favored to win most of those games. UT was a monkey on Gibbs back and was in large part responsible for his leaving Oklahoma. Also, two of those "Gardere" wins were by 14-13 and 10-7, so maybe your team's defense had more to do with it than the offense.

SunnySooner
2/16/2010, 07:38 PM
What happens next year when Sammy is looking over at...GK????? ARGHHHHH!!!!!! I'm gonna need more beer, I can already tell.

soonerloyal
2/17/2010, 12:07 AM
Not from me you won't. I totally agree.

Nor from me. He's a great young man and player. I hope he recovers to play even better than before, and I wish him all the best.

Bite it, Herr.

starclassic tama
2/17/2010, 12:23 AM
call me crazy, but i don't mind seeing vince young do well. we owned his *** in college except for his junior year, and i remember texas fans getting really mad at him for "showing OU players too much love" and going out of his way to slap hands and such. not to mention he always said good things about OU in interviews. but kevin durant is the ONLY horn that i am a fan of, and that isn't going to change until either the thunder draft another one who turns out to be a stud, or OKC gets an NFL team and drafts one...

boomermagic
2/17/2010, 11:49 AM
I don't understand the hate for Colt. Seems like a class act to me.

Yeah, I think he's a good kid..

texaspokieokie
2/17/2010, 01:54 PM
Have to agree with Lid on this one.

i really enjoyed watching Earl play, & rooted for him. he was a class act.

McCoy is also.

texaspokieokie
2/17/2010, 02:09 PM
i'll take the records of Jimmy Harris & Steve Davis over that of Colt.

neither of them could play as Frosh.

pilobolus
2/18/2010, 06:46 PM
When will some of you people learn that all whorns and whorn fans suck now, and forever? Eff Colt, I hope he doesn't accomplish anything in the NFL.

sooneredaco
2/19/2010, 01:06 AM

Man your right.... Perhaps he should stick with CFB then. Lord knows that won't be the case in the pros

Jello Biafra
2/19/2010, 09:21 AM
Man your right.... Perhaps he should stick with CFB then. Lord knows that won't be the case in the pros

and herr pie forgot to mention it took 4 bogus personal fouls, a reversed int in the end zone and a touchdown saving tackle for colt to be 3 of 4...

class act or not, he wears burnt orange, he holds up the hook em horns sign AND he gets fever blisters. sounds like a pillow biter to me.