PDA

View Full Version : Austin Box pees all over the place, gets arrested...Again!

Collier11
2/15/2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.newsok.com/ou-linebacker-austin-box-arrested-saturday-in-oklahoma-city/article/3439719?custom_click=headlines_widget

OU linebacker Austin Box arrested Saturday in Oklahoma City
By Michael Kimball - Staff Writer The Oklahoman
Published: February 15, 2010

Police arrested University of Oklahoma football player Austin Box over the weekend in Bricktown after an officer saw him urinating on bar stools, according to a police report.

Box, 21, was booked into the Oklahoma County jail on a complaint of disorderly conduct by urinating in public and later released, the report states. His bail information was not immediately available. He has not been formally charged.

An officer saw Box, a junior linebacker, standing below the entrance to Skky Bar on Mickey Mantle Drive about 2 a.m. Saturday, the report states. Box walked to a corner on a balcony near the entrance and urinated, police said.

Box told police he had been kicked out of the bar and "had to go," according to the report.

Box, an Enid High School graduate who has 70 career tackles, was cited by Norman police in March on a complaint of outraging public decency when he was spotted urinating outside a restaurant.

OU Athletics Department spokesman Kenny Mossman said the incident was an "internal matter" and declined further comment.

Contributing: Staff Writer Jake Trotter

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/ou-linebacker-austin-box-arrested-saturday-in-oklahoma-city/article/3439719?custom_click=headlines_widget#ixzz0fdM0diX f

KantoSooner
2/15/2010, 02:20 PM
let he who has never peed in public cast the first ticket.....

Collier11
2/15/2010, 02:21 PM
Oh I think we all have done that, many a time, but this is the 2nd time Box has been cited for this and he didnt exactly try to hide it this time

Boomer.....
2/15/2010, 02:23 PM
Lawdy.

OUDoc
2/15/2010, 02:25 PM
The breeze usually feels nice.

StoopTroup
2/15/2010, 02:27 PM
Dick was outta the box...lol

Sooner04
2/15/2010, 02:33 PM
I'm afraid our campus is littered with dumbasses.

colleyvillesooner
2/15/2010, 02:34 PM
What an idiot.

rainiersooner
2/15/2010, 02:35 PM
Henry Miller would be proud.

oudavid1
2/15/2010, 02:38 PM
Dick was outta the box...lol

This made me LOL! But anyway, this isn't as big of a deal as it seems but does require some attention...I mean he is of age and did make a stupid choice so he needs to lay off the sauce and run all that beer wait off

OUDoc
2/15/2010, 02:40 PM
I'm afraid our campus is littered with dumbasses.

When I left someone had to take my place.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/15/2010, 02:42 PM
There's only one....

Chuck Bao
2/15/2010, 02:47 PM
His bail information was not immediately available. He has not been formally charged.

Did anyone else initially read that as his "ball" information? I had to read it three times and then only later read that he has had 70 career tackles. I say let him take a **** where he wants to.

oudavid1
2/15/2010, 02:48 PM
There's only one....

Oklahoma

E-Town
2/15/2010, 02:49 PM
Does Under Armor make an adult diaper? If so he should think about wearing one the next time out on the town.

KantoSooner
2/15/2010, 02:58 PM
kind of like wearing a wetsuit and being too deep to surface without depressurization.....a momentary feeling of great warmth and relaxation....

Widescreen
2/15/2010, 02:59 PM
I say let him take a **** where he wants to.

I suspect you wouldn't be saying that if he was taking a leak in your living room.

badger
2/15/2010, 03:02 PM
I suspect you wouldn't be saying that if he was taking a leak in your living room.

what makes it even worse was that he was in the corner of the balcony... anyone ever play Metal Gear Solid when you're trying to sneak underneath a guard complaining about how cold alaska is? :eek:

1890MilesToNorman
2/15/2010, 03:03 PM
what a pisser

Partial Qualifier
2/15/2010, 03:03 PM
Jiminy Christmas. We need him to contribute and he already got arrested for this once.

It's not real tough to find a place to take a leak where police WON'T see you.

rainiersooner
2/15/2010, 03:06 PM

It is if you're too drunk to see.

JohnnyMack
2/15/2010, 03:13 PM
So what?:eddie:

Collier11
2/15/2010, 03:28 PM
not to mention in OKlahoma if you get caught pissing in public you can be charged with a lewd act and be forced to register as a sex offender

badger
2/15/2010, 03:40 PM
not to mention in OKlahoma if you get caught pissing in public you can be charged with a lewd act and be forced to register as a sex offender

I hope that Austin's arrest serves all you boys as a reminder of this. DON'T PEE IN PUBLIC! ewwwww

Chuck Bao
2/15/2010, 03:43 PM

He can pee in my living room anytime he wants.

sooner94
2/15/2010, 03:50 PM
I guess we should call him The Urinator.

freshchris05
2/15/2010, 03:56 PM

heh... i actually worked with a guy who had that happen to him... dumb bastard

JohnnyMack
2/15/2010, 04:08 PM

Nope.

Sooner04
2/15/2010, 04:12 PM
Do you watch a lot of gladiator movies?

OKLA21FAN
2/15/2010, 04:13 PM
Are there no elementary schools around the bricktown area? :pop:

nighttrain12
2/15/2010, 04:16 PM
Oh I think we all have done that, many a time,

What kind of people do you hang out with? :eek:

nighttrain12
2/15/2010, 04:17 PM

Like in your depends diapers.

Hot Rod
2/15/2010, 04:30 PM
I guess he thought he was going to get Uromysitisis.

Collier11
2/15/2010, 04:32 PM
What kind of people do you hang out with? :eek:

so youve never peed outside? :rolleyes:

SunnySooner
2/15/2010, 04:44 PM
Crazy, I just assumed our players were pottytrained, maybe we need Remedial Latrine Skills 1003 for incoming freshmen.

Yo, Rest of the Team, ONLY PEE IN THE POTTY, NOT ON THE SIDEWALK, NOT ON THE BALCONY, NOT ON THE TREE, ETC.!!!! My kids got that down when they were 2, I have faith in you.

yermom
2/15/2010, 04:44 PM
I guess he thought he was going to get Uromysitisis.

he could die!

TXBOOMER
2/15/2010, 04:57 PM
Peeing in public is one thing. Being so out of control drunk you are peeing on a bar stool. WTF? That is pathetic.

Chuck Bao
2/15/2010, 05:10 PM
Crazy, I just assumed our players were pottytrained, maybe we need Remedial Latrine Skills 1003 for incoming freshmen.

Yo, Rest of the Team, ONLY PEE IN THE POTTY, NOT ON THE SIDEWALK, NOT ON THE BALCONY, NOT ON THE TREE, ETC.!!!! My kids got that down when they were 2, I have faith in you.

When I am home in Oklahoma. I pee whereever I like in the great outdoors. What is wrong with people? When you gotta go, you gotta go.

When I said he could pee in my living room, it was because I was challenged with that. Yeah, I have concrete floors in my condo unit and I have had far worse and that isn't part of the discussion. The fact is that it is a really very minor offense.

1890MilesToNorman
2/15/2010, 05:14 PM
We need a Potty coach, everthang is specialized these days so Sunny, you interested?

yankee
2/15/2010, 05:18 PM
he must have something against bathrooms. i say stoops makes box clean out the locker room urinals for a week. find a ****ing restroom it's not that hard, even when you're drunk.

SunnySooner
2/15/2010, 05:22 PM
We need a Potty coach, everthang is specialized these days so Sunny, you interested?
:P

No thanks!!!!!

Wait, do I get to roam the sidelines during the games? Might be worth it after all...:D

Monster Zero
2/15/2010, 06:43 PM
The place didn't have a wee-wee room?

Monster Zero
2/15/2010, 06:44 PM
The place didn't have a wee-wee room?

rawlingsHOH
2/15/2010, 08:41 PM
couldnt care less

Collier11
2/15/2010, 08:45 PM
anytime an OU athlete has been arrested/cited for breaking a law two seperate times, even if it isnt a horrible thing he has done, you should be concerned

okienole3
2/15/2010, 08:50 PM
Boot him.

Leroy Lizard
2/15/2010, 09:04 PM
Okay, you're Coach Stoops. What do you do?

Poll?

Collier11
2/15/2010, 09:06 PM
Well does he get charged? Does he get anything other than a ticket or is this an actual charge on your record? I dont know the answer but I assume the extent of his punishment will be somewhere between running til you puke and being yelled at for stupidity...this isnt a huge deal in the scheme of things but he needs to realize he is representing a University

Leroy Lizard
2/15/2010, 09:15 PM
He probably did all those things after his first punishment. Now what?

Collier11
2/15/2010, 09:17 PM
well If you get a 1 game suspension for a DWI and theft, I doubt you get a suspension for peeing on a bar stool unless Box gets jail time which I doubt

A Sooner in Texas
2/15/2010, 10:20 PM
He is REALLY lucky he didn't get arrested for indecent exposure, which is a pretty damned serious charge.

XingTheRubicon
2/15/2010, 10:50 PM
Someone tell him he's no longer in Enid.

tulsaoilerfan
2/15/2010, 11:21 PM
Geez whatever happened to the day that the police would just give a kid a warning for something like this? Makes u wonder if he would have even been cited if he was just another kid and not an athlete

Collier11
2/15/2010, 11:23 PM
yes he wouldve been cited, did you miss the part earlier where a guy had a buddy get a lewd act charge and was forced to register as a sex offender. He was pissing on bar stools afterall

tulsaoilerfan
2/15/2010, 11:23 PM

And that's ****ing stupid also; hell i know women that have pissed in public when they have been drinking

tulsaoilerfan
2/15/2010, 11:25 PM
yes he wouldve been cited, did you miss the part earlier where a guy had a buddy get a lewd act charge and was forced to register as a sex offender. He was pissing on bar stools afterall

So i take it you don't realize that some cops get off on arresting athletes for pissant stuff?

Collier11
2/15/2010, 11:30 PM
I get that but I dont think pissing on a bar stool is the same as pissing in an alley

prrriiide
2/16/2010, 01:07 AM
I got caught pi$$ing on the back of Harold's on Campus Corner once. The cop shined his flashlight down the alley and hollered "Put it away and zip it up! I don't care if you're done or not!" Cops gotta have a sense of humor about stuff. Woulda been better to tell the bar owner to get a rag and a bucket because this young man has some cleaning to do. Obviously a ticket didn't teach him the lesson first time around. Maybe scrubbing all of the barstoools at the bar would. Dingus.

JLEW1818
2/16/2010, 07:29 AM
I guess his name is Austin......

come on dude, figure it the **** out

boomersooner28
2/16/2010, 07:50 AM
His bladder must be the size of a pea.

MamaMia
2/16/2010, 09:15 AM
Lovely. :rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
2/16/2010, 09:19 AM
we have all done it...(well maybe not on a bar stool) but still have pissed outside. I have had a similar circumstance. legally its not a big deal... for the first time. I have no idea on the second time around. what hurts him is he was already going to have to work his butt off to get into the line-up. this automatically puts him deeper in debt. i know how it is to be young but I wasn't playing football for OU at the time either! i can't understand what goes through these kids heads during the off season for the life of me.

MamaMia
2/16/2010, 09:25 AM
Okay, you're Coach Stoops. What do you do?

Poll?I would try to save face by sending him to a urologist in the hopes that he may have a pee pee problem we could blame. Sorry but thats all I could come up with. :O

Oh and for the record...I have never pee'd in public unless you can call the woods and country roads "public." :P

goingoneight
2/16/2010, 09:32 AM
He should visit PiPi's SplashTown.

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 09:34 AM
If you're a longwhorn your probably gonna need 24 inches of tubing maybe more....

Whorns...you may even just go with having a Doctor insert an internal one if it things are really shortwhorned.

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/stadpalafd.jpg

gaylordfan1
2/16/2010, 09:49 AM
^ Thats funny. Maybe you know the pun here, but that is actually called a Texas condom cath. It's well known around the nursing field! Great stuff.

UTgolfer
2/16/2010, 09:55 AM

You mean his brain don't you?

But whatever happened to cops telling you to zip it up and move along?

StoopTroup
2/16/2010, 10:28 AM
You mean his brain don't you?

But whatever happened to cops telling you to zip it up and move along?

Internal affairs realized you were trolling and decided to put an end to it?

looch
2/16/2010, 11:30 AM
--

C&CDean
2/16/2010, 11:48 AM
I've been drunk. Knee-crawling, commode hugging, blackout drunk. I'm nearly 3-times his age, and I've never pissed on a barstool inside a bar. Some of you are maybe missing the fact he pissed INSIDE. There's a huge difference between an alleyway and the inside of a ****ing bar.

Sounds to me like he got pissed off (no pun intended) about getting 86'd outta the bar so he decided to **** all over the place. He needs his face bashed in. He's a ****ing moron.

I gotta wonder what Stoops' reaction is every time he gets woke up at 3am and hears "sorry coach, but player whoever just got arrested for pissing all over a bar in Bricktown." I wonder if he groans audibily, or even goes "mother****er, how in the hell do I keep recruiting ****ing idiots?" If Box plays again, I hope Stoops has him cleaning urinals with his stupid ****ing tongue.

looch
2/16/2010, 11:58 AM
I've been drunk. Knee-crawling, commode hugging, blackout drunk. I'm nearly 3-times his age, and I've never pissed on a barstool inside a bar. Some of you are maybe missing the fact he pissed INSIDE. There's a huge difference between an alleyway and the inside of a ****ing bar.

Sounds to me like he got pissed off (no pun intended) about getting 86'd outta the bar so he decided to **** all over the place. He needs his face bashed in. He's a ****ing moron.

I gotta wonder what Stoops' reaction is every time he gets woke up at 3am and hears "sorry coach, but player whoever just got arrested for pissing all over a bar in Bricktown." I wonder if he groans audibily, or even goes "mother****er, how in the hell do I keep recruiting ****ing idiots?" If Box plays again, I hope Stoops has him cleaning urinals with his stupid ****ing tongue.

There's obviously a problem here. This is a little different than "that one time on Bourbon Street". What's happening here is a series of alcohol related offenses. It needs to stop, but sadly will most likely continue.

Even though I'm rooting for this student-athlete (we grew up just down the street from each other even), football shouldn't be the biggest concern when this type of behavior is reoccurring.

MrJimBeam
2/16/2010, 12:00 PM
Peeing on barstools is the act of someone who don't give a ****. And if he don't give a **** about that then he don't give a **** about much at all.

goingoneight
2/16/2010, 12:50 PM
We all do dumb **** when we fuuuuuu**ed up.

There's really no way to "reach out" to college kids about alcohol. They either sleep through the lesson or find it funny. I know I do.

As far as AB goes, have him clean every urinal and wall in the stadium before he can participate in spring football.

ouduckhunter
2/16/2010, 01:12 PM
he must have something against bathrooms. i say stoops makes box clean out the locker room urinals for a week. find a ****ing restroom it's not that hard, even when you're drunk.

There you go! That might make an impression on him.

TXBOOMER
2/16/2010, 02:37 PM
I get that but I dont think pissing on a bar stool is the same as pissing in an alley

Kinda what I'm thinking. Young men make mistakes. But, young men need to be held accountable for their mistakes. Stoops needs to make an example out of him.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 03:25 PM
Stoops should **** on him :D

Chuck Bao
2/16/2010, 03:26 PM
Dean, the dude was OUTSIDE the bar and peed on bar stolls on a balcony. I suppose that it is like outside smoking for patrons. The article didn't say that he peed on anybody, just that after getting kicked out of the bar, he had to pee.

Major kudos to anyone visiting Bricktown and taking a picture of the balcony near the entrance of Skky Bar on the cell phone.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 03:40 PM
I know the place Chuck, this isnt a place you would pee, there are alleys all over the place

Collier11
2/16/2010, 03:42 PM
Im guessing its that area on ground level under the canopy as the tower to the left is the elevator entrance

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2333/2462745037_12ba8ab68e.jpg

Chuck Bao
2/16/2010, 03:51 PM
Im guessing its that area on ground level under the canopy as the tower to the left is the elevator entrance

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2333/2462745037_12ba8ab68e.jpg

Thanks Collier. Gee, there are plenty of trees to pee behind. Forget about some darkened allyway. But, I am just a country boy at heart and you guys need to get over your big city ways.

Stitch Face
2/16/2010, 04:11 PM

It's obviously not the size of his pee...

...else he could hold it longer.

C&CDean
2/16/2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks Collier. Gee, there are plenty of trees to pee behind. Forget about some darkened allyway. But, I am just a country boy at heart and you guys need to get over your big city ways.

Which is all the more reason to be disgusted by this dumbass.

I pee off my front porch. Back porch too. I pee by my truck in the yard. I pee wherever I am out on the property fixing fence, working cattle, cutting wood, hunting, or whatever. I step just outside my barn and shop and pee to my heart's content. Of course my closest neighbor is a mile or so away, and while you can kinda see the house from the road, it's a long ways away and you'd never be able to make out someone peeing off the porch - and we only get maybe 10-15 cars a day going down our road anyhow.

When I go out for dinner and drinks in Norman or Bricktown I pee in the bathroom. I have also peed in a couple of the parking lots by the Ford Center under the interstate - right by where bums pee every day. I do not, and would not pee on someone's bar stool or in their home or all over their business. It's ****ing nasty, and it's ****ing rude.

goingoneight
2/16/2010, 06:03 PM
I hate those people who puke in bars, too. :mad:

Widescreen
2/16/2010, 06:14 PM
I do not, and would not pee on someone's bar stool or in their home or all over their business. It's ****ing nasty, and it's ****ing rude.

Apparently Chuck invites people to do just that. Different strokes, I guess.

Collier11
2/16/2010, 06:14 PM
Chuck likes golden showers :eek:

Chuck Bao
2/16/2010, 06:24 PM
No, I don't. I don't get kicked out of bars at 2am and then relieve myself on the outside furniture. Dean is right that that is pretty bad form for a representative of the OU football team. But, sometimes you have to go and I think that was all I was trying to argue.

SunnySooner
2/16/2010, 07:20 PM
Yes, sometimes you have to go, but part of being a big boy is knowing when to put your beer down and go find a potty. Really, y'all this is not that hard. In fact, thousands of drunks manage to do this on a daily basis. There's no need to get arrested twice in a short period of time for this. Which makes me wonder how many times he's done it WITHOUT getting arrested. It's just a beyond-dumb *** move, and he really needs to grow up.

Flagstaffsooner
2/16/2010, 07:50 PM
That got us 2 Fulmer Cup points. (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2010/2/16/1313263/fulmer-cup-the-big-board-updated)

JLEW1818
2/16/2010, 07:54 PM
just an idiot. I'd say it to his face too

and then run and pee

sooner94
2/16/2010, 09:32 PM
Someone should pee on the rug in his living room. The one that really ties the room together.

Crucifax Autumn
2/16/2010, 10:10 PM
That got us 2 Fulmer Cup points. (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2010/2/16/1313263/fulmer-cup-the-big-board-updated)

Luckily Duke has a pretty commanding lead and we're tied with texass instead of leading them.

Crucifax Autumn
2/16/2010, 10:11 PM
And whoever this guy is in the comments get's humor points:

I see OU's in another 3-way tie with texas* Can’t wait for Mushberger to start droning on about it and UT fans to fly banners over Norman.
by Billy Sims' Fro on Feb 16, 2010 5:48 PM EST reply actions 0 recs

olevetonahill
2/16/2010, 10:39 PM
As Has been said . The boy has a Prob, Weather its a Bladder or attitude Thats Coaches job to figure out not mine or yers

Yes Im willing to wager that EVERY Male here has Pissed in Public.

There is #1 , Trying to be discreet, And getting behind a tree, a Dumpster. Some thing to hide.
Then # 2 Just Blatantly whoopin it out and sayin **** Yall " Im So an So"
And I dont have to abide by the rules .

Im thinkin AB Fits the Second one.

Crucifax Autumn
2/16/2010, 11:49 PM
Well, he is apparently CK's hero...

soonerloyal
2/17/2010, 12:04 AM
Good lord, what an embarrassing idiotic thing for a guy to do. And getting busted for it twice now? I don't care how much the dude contributes. Cut his arse loose. That's just ridiculous, he's supposed to be an adult and to behave as one. Jeez, what is he, a frickin' toddler? Grownups with a dearth of both good judgement & social skills don't deserve full scholarships and a chance to represent The University of Oklahoma.

Collier11
2/17/2010, 12:07 AM
I think cutting him loose is a bit extreme, he def needs to be punished severely as this is beyond idiotic but I dont know about kicking him off the team...I mean, its not like he drunkenyl(allegedly,snicker) drove his car through an apartment and then ran away...

starclassic tama
2/17/2010, 12:19 AM
who? oh, that highly recruited dude who is a junior and just got beat out by a redshirt freshman coming off a blown knee...

picasso
2/17/2010, 12:24 AM
http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fast-times-reinhold.png
I hope you had a helluva pi$$ Arnold!!!!

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2010, 12:30 AM
I say a three-game suspension, with one the UT game where he must stay in Norman and perform community service through the weekend.

starclassic tama
2/17/2010, 12:32 AM
suspending him doesn't matter much. hey you get to move further down the bench for this game!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/17/2010, 12:59 AM
Wish I was a fly in Stoops office when he learned and as he decided the punishment...

WHat the hell did the dookies do to take first in the Fulmer???

jdsooner
2/17/2010, 01:10 AM
What a stupid thing to do! After all, his penis print was already on record!

C&CDean
2/17/2010, 10:02 AM
While we're on the drunk in public topic, I have another drunken person pet peeve. Puking. In public. I mean c'mon, WTF?

We've all been drunk enough to puke. That being said, why is it that some people will just sit there on the couch and barf all over themselves, or stand there in the kitchen while talking to folks and hurl? I've been to parties where people have done just that. I know every one is different, but c'mon, you know at least a minute or so before you vomit that it's coming up. Get up, get the **** outside or to the turlet and puke like a civilized person.

When I was in the Army at Ft. Bragg a guy is dancing in the NCO club right next to me with some heifer. Out of the blue the dude just starts puking right down her back and all over the floor. Projectile turkey, rice, peas, and carrots mixed with some pink crap he was mixing his vodka with. I know what was in the puke because that's what they served at the mess hall that night.

Anyhow, if you're a public puker, knock it off.

Monster Zero
2/17/2010, 10:25 AM
Sounds to me like the young man has a problem that's near Lance Rentzel territory. You know what I mean.

Since there hasn't been anything said publicly except "It's an internal matter", I hope they're getting him some help. Who knows if we'll see him in Spring drills or next year.

Call him a dumbass or whatever, I daresay that for those around here who pray, there's nothing wrong with putting in a word for the guy.

I hope he gets over it.

StoopTroup
2/17/2010, 11:14 AM
Public Puker to be a new poster on SF.com in 1, 2, 3......lol

TXBOOMER
2/17/2010, 11:21 AM
Public puking is bad for business and someone has to clean it up. I saw a drunk get his a$s kicked the next day for puking in a friends new car back in the day. Whipping your tool out and pi$$ing in wide open public is just plain cocky though...BAHAHAHA

mOUse
2/17/2010, 11:27 AM
If you're a longwhorn your probably gonna need 24 inches of tubing maybe more....

Whorns...you may even just go with having a Doctor insert an internal one if it things are really shortwhorned.

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/stadpalafd.jpg

Thats not my bag baby!:cool:

soonerloyal
2/17/2010, 11:42 AM
Sounds to me like the young man has a problem that's near Lance Rentzel territory. You know what I mean.

Since there hasn't been anything said publicly except "It's an internal matter", I hope they're getting him some help. Who knows if we'll see him in Spring drills or next year.

Call him a dumbass or whatever, I daresay that for those around here who pray, there's nothing wrong with putting in a word for the guy.

I hope he gets over it.

No problem at all praying for the guy. Done.

Still, that sort of repeat behavior speaks poorly for his ability to represent OU in a great way. If he can't keep it properly pointed, he probably should propel it into another program. Let someone else deal with it if he won't.

mOUse
2/17/2010, 11:51 AM
oooooooooohhhhh! U-r-ine trouble!

Eielson
2/17/2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Box has gotten us a Fulmer Cup point.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2010/2/15/1311639/fulmer-cupdate-austin-box-marks

OU-HSV
2/17/2010, 10:23 PM

Exactly. What a total jackass move.
Wonder if he'll get the total boot or what.
I've been at the hospital most of the last couple days, so have I missed any kind of announcement of whatever extent of discipline Stoops is hitting him with? Or has he perhaps even said he's done for good or what?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2010, 11:42 PM
There's a joke there somewhere with Box cereal/serial pisser.

TXBOOMER
2/17/2010, 11:50 PM
There's a joke there somewhere with Box cereal/serial pisser.

Or cereal? Who pi$sed in your Wheaties?

MojoRisen
2/19/2010, 09:52 AM
Serial Pisser is funny, sometimes you have to remember the good ole days of being in college. This is stupid and cocky, but if I had to go to war with someone on the field mayber perhaps that loose wire is what we need especially at linebacker. Frankly I have seen much worse behavior before this stuff used to hit the internet boards and national news.

Getting caught is the stupid thing.....

I once peed in a Tulsa Frat house, down their basement stairs out of view I thought, got caught and then they were taking me outside for a potential fight when the football team interviened and we cleaned out the entire frat house and beat up the kicker. He went to practice the next day all beat up, and apparently nothing came of it. Stoops may give him a public wrist slap for this and say never let it happen again.

KantoSooner
2/19/2010, 10:12 AM
Well, 18-22 year old men are essentially in the same category with big dogs. Not heavy on smarts.
They pee in the house, you basically forgive and forget.
They pee in the house repeatedly, you have a problem and they need some discipline.
They keep doing it and they get neutered and sent to sleep outside.
I hope Box keeps it between stage one and stage two.

MojoRisen
2/19/2010, 10:17 AM
Exactly, if I remember correctly with some folks and 80s 90s football players peeing on the coach was pretty common. If he was smart and lucky he could flip the cushion before anyone noticed and try and dry his pants off or make an early exit from who ever's crib it was.

Jello Biafra
2/19/2010, 10:20 AM
Serial Pisser is funny, sometimes you have to remember the good ole days of being in college. This is stupid and cocky, but if I had to go to war with someone on the field mayber perhaps that loose wire is what we need especially at linebacker. Frankly I have seen much worse behavior before this stuff used to hit the internet boards and national news.

Getting caught is the stupid thing.....

I once peed in a Tulsa Frat house, down their basement stairs out of view I thought, got caught and then they were taking me outside for a potential fight when the football team interviened and we cleaned out the entire frat house and beat up the kicker. He went to practice the next day all beat up, and apparently nothing came of it. Stoops may give him a public wrist slap for this and say never let it happen again.

i can't believe the luck of some people man. i have probably pissed outside of bars/clubs/pubs 100s of times and never been caught. i know probably 30 spots in nuremburg germany where the bricks are permantly bleached from the multitudes of GIs who have relieved themselves. this dude has been caught 2 times in public and this is his 3rd time busted (allegedly) with alcohol.

if you're gonna be a drunk, be a smarter drunk.

Jello Biafra
2/19/2010, 10:23 AM
i knew a kid back in high school that was a real life stud linebacker who would purposely pisss on himself before a game and then plays a nice little game of "tea bag" any time he put someone on the ground.

id like to see box get a little bit of this attitude. ;)

goingoneight
2/19/2010, 12:03 PM
Exactly, if I remember correctly with some folks and 80s 90s football players peeing on the coach was pretty common. If he was smart and lucky he could flip the cushion before anyone noticed and try and dry his pants off or make an early exit from who ever's crib it was.

Something tells me this WOULD get Box kicked off the team. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2010, 12:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Poor Gibbs had it rougher than I thought.

MojoRisen
2/19/2010, 12:37 PM
Something tells me this WOULD get Box kicked off the team. :D

Yeah Poor Gibs! I meant Couch, but I knew one guy was found naked by a phone booth and coach had to go get him. All America though :)

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2010, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't. I would claim to never knowing him. "He's not on our team. He's on his own."

MojoRisen
2/19/2010, 12:46 PM
This was a long time ago, galaxy far far away... And I guess he was popular enough for people to bail him out of his situation but may have been afraid to wake his sleep. So they sent for Coach

Monster Zero
2/19/2010, 01:33 PM
No problem at all praying for the guy. Done.

Still, that sort of repeat behavior speaks poorly for his ability to represent OU in a great way. If he can't keep it properly pointed, he probably should propel it into another program. Let someone else deal with it if he won't.

Well, that goes without saying. It's puzzling to me that there hasn't been any public statement about it from the University. Maybe he's finishing the semester and gonna be encouraged to transfer or something. We know that Stoops doesn't look the other way at this kind of stuff, especially a second offense. But the kid's still in school so far as we know.

So what happens to him? Heckifiknow. But in the words of Sherri Coale in her last conversation with a certain young woman from Red Rock, Oklahoma, "You've got to get your life under control."

goingoneight
2/19/2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah Poor Gibs! I meant Couch, but I knew one guy was found naked by a phone booth and coach had to go get him. All America though :)

"Hey coach, is KFC still open?" :D

Sooner70
2/22/2010, 11:23 PM
Well, if you gotta go...... maybe he needs to visit his urologist. He seems to have a problem.

Leroy Lizard
2/22/2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, it's called beer.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/22/2010, 11:53 PM
If beer is a problem, then Olevet has cases of problems

47straight
2/23/2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it's called beer.

BAM!

oudavid1
2/23/2010, 12:32 PM
Well, if you gotta go...... maybe he needs to visit his urologist. He seems to have a problem.

Its not just a "going" problem, its a "growing" problem

Jdog
2/23/2010, 01:27 PM
Lance Renzel would be proud.
How many indecent exposure arrests does it take to get someone remove from the team - hope he can make it to next season.

Wonder if Stoops tried to rub the dogs nose in it, always worked with my dumb beasts

Chiliman
2/24/2010, 01:57 PM
Reading some of these comments you'd thought Box committed some heinous crime. No doubt, he must have been extremely intoxicated and what he did was very stupid and inexcusable. But to suggest he may be kicked off the team? Come on. I know that Box is highly thought of by his teammates and coaches. He has a reputation of having a great work ethic and locker room guy. I think he has gained the respect of his coaches for fighting through the injuries he has endured to get on the field. He's probably been read the riot act but to suggest his scholly may be in danger is way of base IMO.

sooneron
2/24/2010, 02:02 PM
Reading some of these comments you'd thought Box committed some heinous crime. No doubt, he must have been extremely intoxicated and what he did was very stupid and inexcusable. But to suggest he may be kicked off the team? Come on. I know that Box is highly thought of by his teammates and coaches. He has a reputation of having a great work ethic and locker room guy. I think he has gained the respect of his coaches for fighting through the injuries he has endured to get on the field. He's probably been read the riot act but to suggest his scholly may be in danger is way of base IMO.

Dude, this is what's called a "pattern". It does not bode well for Box if he doesn't get his **** or **** fixed asap.

KantoSooner
2/24/2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think any of us have the data to draw any conclusions other than that he got caught peeing in public, twice.

Anybody here who has not been drunk twice and who has not peed outdoors twice, feel free to condemn Box to eternal damnation.

The rest of us should probably wait for Stoops and co. to work through the issue.

goingoneight
2/24/2010, 06:11 PM
I love how some people act like Stoops doesn't realize what drankin does to people.

How many bar stools does one have to pee on to make it a pattern? One? Well, damn... Austin... you're fired!

This warrants absolutely nothing more than being picked on by your teammates and coaches and getting your azz run off of you come practice time. Fines and whatever legal stuff as well are well-earned for being that damn stupid-drunk, but kick him off the team? Seriously? I wonder how good we'd be if we had a bunch of Sunday Schoolers without social lives and/or freedom playing football for us?

SoonerLB
2/24/2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think any of us have the data to draw any conclusions other than that he got caught peeing in public, twice.

Anybody here who has not been drunk twice and who has not peed outdoors twice, feel free to condemn Box to eternal damnation.

The rest of us should probably wait for Stoops and co. to work through the issue.

BINGO! And is it wrong that I almost lol every time I see "Austin Box pees all over the place"? When ya gotta go ya gotta go, heck, if it's such a terrible crime, then I guess I must be a career criminal. ;)

Leroy Lizard
2/24/2010, 06:55 PM
I think Box needs some attitude adjustment, but he shouldn't be thrown off the team. Again, a three-game suspension is probably about right. And an outright ban on drinking alcoholic beverages during the school year. No beer. No wine. No Southern Comfort. Any report of his drinking alcohol and he's off the team.

If Box was a superstar would I suggest the same punishment? Yes.

If Box was a fourth-stringer would I say the same? Yes.

I am guessing Stoops will suspend him for one game. If so, that's too light.

boomermagic
2/25/2010, 11:27 AM
This will be handled properly and Box will be making tackles in an OU uniform again next season and he should...

goingoneight
2/25/2010, 12:33 PM
Here's something that will teach him... and get him mad enough to kill on the field! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdJHnfc-48) :D

SoonerLB
2/25/2010, 01:56 PM
LOL!
Or we could put a porta-potty on the sideline and call it the Austin box. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2010, 07:04 PM
Okay, Austin needs to watch this video clip called Hearty Drinking Men. Dusty too! Shoot, the entire team. Hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TisOHZX9M

soonerfromgeorgia
2/25/2010, 08:11 PM
It's his second time getting arrested for peeing in public, kick his a$$ off the team. He ain't smart enough to be a Sooner, he is more of a OKie Lite type player.

MojoRisen
2/25/2010, 09:27 PM
I like sick twisted LB's.... He needs not do it again, but I must say it doesn't bother me - partly because I know a lot of people in Oklahoma who get busted for this. Cops are on detail for this kind of behavior in OKC & especially norman....

meoveryouxinfinity
2/25/2010, 09:44 PM
I like sick twisted LB's.... He needs not do it again, but I must say it doesn't bother me - partly because I know a lot of people in Oklahoma who get busted for this. Cops are on detail for this kind of behavior in OKC & especially norman....

yeah, because it's disgusting. we are civilized people. use a freaking toilet/ urinal. heck, pee in the shower. I don't care.

cheezyq
2/26/2010, 01:31 PM
OU Athletics Department spokesman Kenny Mossman said the incident was an "internal matter" and declined further comment.

Kidney infection?

Leroy Lizard
2/26/2010, 11:00 PM
No, it was not an internal matter that became an external matter.

BigDeezy
2/27/2010, 12:39 AM
Maybe he was just "marking" his territory.